18 Park Avenue
Clifton Park, NY 12065Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pastapane.com/
- Phone: 5183715762x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Bar: Opens daily at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: James Frese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pasta Pane offers a beautiful, raw and rustic environment in which guests feel not only welcome, but immediately at home; a familiarity that gives you the sense that you have been there before. Rooted in tradition, its menu is simple, yet delicious; approachable and comforting.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8774702928
A word from Pasta Pane
Pasta Pane offers a beautiful, raw and rustic environment in which guests feel not only welcome, but immediately at home; a familiarity that gives you the sense that you have been there before. Rooted in tradition, its menu is simple, yet delicious; approachable and comforting with straightforward, authentic, rustic food of the freshest and highest quality that bursts with flavor and distinction. Family-owned and family friendly it is from this uncomplicated and straight-forward style that Pasta Pane derives its name; which translates to Pasta and Bread.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pasta Pane - Best Restaurants in Clifton Park ›
Pasta Pane reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (15)romantic (14)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always a winnerMommzyDined on 8/27/2014We moved to Clifton Park from the Boston area a year ago and have been making our way through various restaurants here since then. Pasta Pane was an early find, and is a winner. Of the dozen or more times we have been there this past year we have never once been disappointed. The hostess staff is always welcoming, the waitstaff and their bus assistants are professional, attentive, and humorous (when appropriate), and the food is outstanding. Hands down, Pasta Pane is our favorite restaurant in southern Saratoga County.Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere, service and food are outstanding. The food is great along with the value. I highly recommend dinning at all of their restaurants!Special Features:
- SharonKDined on 8/13/2014Pasta Pane delights every time we have visited. The steak and pasta dishes are outstanding as well as the desserts!Special Features:
- Best in Clifton ParkEGGLAWDined on 8/11/2014Pasta Pane is consistently wonderful. The menu is full of variety and the specials are always enticing. A perfect place to dine! We are frequent visitors enjoying full plates or half portions for an array of taste sensations. We are glad that we have Pasta Pane in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy ourselves hereAfbonannoDined on 8/9/2014We always enjoy the menu, the ambience, the food, the vibe.Special Features:
- great family restaurantnancybDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed a lovely and tasty birthday dinner with the whole gang, aged between 6 and 80. Service was impeccable, and we're tad high maintenance with our ordering specifics. Other than forgetting the pepperoni on the pizza, food was as one would expect: midway between high end bar food and gourmet. Being able to dine on an outside porch is always a plus. We've been there before and would have no hesitation returning.Special Features:
- Best bread everlovetoskiDined on 8/5/2014Dinner was very good. Enough selections on the menu to keep everybody happy. The two dinner specials both sounded awesome too. But try not to fill up on the bread - it is the best bread in the area. We had a 6 year old with us, and the wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. We never felt rushed. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealBettyMDined on 8/2/2014Part of the DZ chain. Great restaurant local chain. Can't miss when you choose one of their places. Tried them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014When you the serve the same special to two people at the same table one of them should not have to wait 3 to 4 minutes for there order to be served while everyone else has their order. Also the same special was different for the two ordered. It was comical as to the differences!
- Nice addition to Clifton ParkParis216Dined on 7/21/2014My friend and I met there for dinner on a Monday night. I was surprised at how busy it was, even at the bar. The waitress was friendly and efficient without being intrusive. We had cocktails within 5 minutes of sitting down. We both had the Casa salad, which was delicious. The greens were fresh & nicely dressed, not over saturated with dressing. I had the pasta vodka and my friend had the bolognese, and both were excellent. The bill for two of us, with 2 martinis & a glass of wine, 2 salads & 2 entrees was $80.00. We both had leftovers, and my son finished my portion the next day, declaring it delicious, despite the cream having separated a bit from the sauce. I would definitely return with my husband.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We are very familiar with the 3 sister restaurants located in Saratoga Springs (all very good; different strokes for different folks), but had never bothered to make the drive (albeit only 20 minutes) to Pasta Pane. We'll make it again! We were four for four on our meals - and we all are foodies. We had a mix of specials and regular menu items. All were excellent - flavorful, good portions. The service was very good as well, in a situation where our server could have gotten frustrated . . . 2 couples getting together after too long, catching up and not timely in our ordering. We closed the place on a Sunday night, but did not feel as though we were chased out. All good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMommzyDined on 7/19/2014We've dined at many different places, and always remark that Pasta Pane is our favorite place. Nowhere else seems to be able to compare to it across the board for food, service, atmosphere (not sure how they are able to pull off upper-scale without coming across as stuffy, but they do!). Whenever we have guests staying with us, Pasta Pane is the place we take them. We are never disappointed. It's truly a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Fine, Kitchen slowmaygirlDined on 7/14/2014As always, the food at Pasta Pane was delightful. Their salads, in particular, are imaginative and delicious. Our waitress on Monday night was fine, and kept refilling our water and bread basket. The kitchen, however, was dreadfully slow, and we waited almost an hour for our main courses. Not a fun experience with two seven year old boys in tow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceTonyDDined on 7/10/2014This is a wonderful restaurant which we go to regularly. Unfortunately, for the first time, we had unusually slow service. Our waiter, whom we had not seen before, was slow in responding to requests and had to be reminded twice to bring more bread. Our dinner service took a full two hours. My hope is that this was a onetime glitch. The food, as always, was excellent.Special Features:
- CshellDined on 7/8/2014Service was a little slow however waiter was pleasant. Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to satisfyTonyDDined on 7/2/2014We come here frequently and are never disappointed with the food and service. The menu is not the usual Italian fare and the bread is just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been betterTomLDined on 6/30/2014Not sure if it was a slow night (Monday) or the regular chef was off or what, but the food did not measure up to our previous visits. The food was "Ok" but nothing special. My order, the "Otero", seemed a bit bland. We will probably go back and give it another try since our previous visits were better. But if we experience the same thing, we will not return. The service was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014My food was delicious. You always get an excellent meal at pasta pane. Service is always very friendly. I like being able to make reservations also. My husband and I really don't frequent restaurants where you can't make reservations very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Rude hostess!!CPdiningfamilyDined on 6/18/2014Our family frequently eats at Pasta Pane. On more than one occasion we have been treated with unnecessary rudeness upon entering the restaurant. The hostesses/manager(female) made us feel as though we were not wanted and seemed annoyed we had even entered! My husband works on Saturdays so we often arrive separately. This is the only restaurant where I have showed up for my reservation and been told to wait for the rest of my party, rather than be seated. I find that unnecessary, as I'd like to sit down and order a wine while I wait!! They lose out on a possible extra drink on the bill because they would rather have me sit in the waiting area than at the table I reserved. If the hostess issue continues, we will not return to Pasta Pane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DadJohnB57Dined on 6/15/2014We had a wonderful father's day dinner, the food and service were outstanding as always. 3 different pasta dishes plus the pasta special, everyone was content at the end. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long dinnerWinedine7VIPDined on 6/10/2014Meal took 3 hours... Trouble with bill and points. Food was good . Dinner took forever to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEllieleahVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was not our first time here. We've eaten here quite often, but not within the past 5 months. Food was fair at best. We had a standard that we have had previously and we were very disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious and our waiter was great! My only complaint, although very minor is the noise level. I must say that would not stop me from returning though.Special Features:
- excellent servicefoodfirstDined on 5/30/2014The food was very good of course, but the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't waste your timedisappointedDined on 5/30/2014had a $150 gift card, decided to treat our parents to dinner (party of four). Was at least 45-50 minutes after ordering before three of our meals arrived, another 15-20 minutes for the fourth meal. Waitress and manager gave conflicting reasons for the delay; each of them brought lemon sorbet as a distraction--really? When asked what could be done to correct situation, told manager to pick up the tab; said he couldn't do that. Ultimately, he did pick up the tab; that's the good news. Bad news is i still have the gift card! Will not be returning.
- Love The DZ 's4foodirsDined on 5/15/2014We are frequent Forno and Pasta Pana customers and always recommend them to friends and acquaintances! Love the Bar, atmosphere and food!!! Now if we could just remember to use our points card every time :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTonyDDined on 5/11/2014We come here frequently because the food is consistently outstanding and their bread, which is baked on premises, is the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 264 reviews are from the Pasta Pane reviews archive.
- Nice dinner outJoanneDined on 4/26/2014We received a gift certificate so gave Pasta Pane a try. We ate here the very first week it opened, were disappointed and hadn't been back. Wow were we pleasantly surprised. Everything about the place was great. The pork was especially fantastic! Highly recommend this place and we will be back!Special Features:
- great spot!DanebDined on 4/26/2014Great atmosphere in this place. Service and food were spot on! loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,nice ambiance, crampedDDdining2334Dined on 4/26/2014The food was very good from appetizer to dessert. Very nice sized portions. Prices are a little higher but the food quality is higher than average. The service started out great with high attention but then wavered towards the end. The tables for two are too small. I was afraid stuff would get knocked off the table. I also felt too close to the other tables. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014always solid service and food at all the DZ restaurantsSpecial Features:
- very pleasant, but the seats...PageDined on 4/21/2014Food tasty, relaxing atmosphere, service good, but chairs are hard & heavy. The unpadded, industrial style leaves you sqiuirming in the middle of an otherwise pleasant experience. So we only go there once in a great while.Special Features:
- AverageServiceDined on 4/19/2014We were pleased with our waiter but we felt the prices were a bit high (although in Clifton Park that's probably not an issue for most) and we were disappointed that it took forever to get our desserts. Our coffee was kind of an afterthought (in the midst and after dessert was brought out rather than before desserts so we didn't have to focus so much on how long dessert was taking) and they were not brought out together. My daughter (the youngest) got hers last which was my biggest peeve. I don't think this was the waiters fault as much as the fact that we were celebrating a birthday and getting all the wait staff together to sing seemed to throw the timing off. Food was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta PaneAnnieDined on 4/19/2014Never disappointed at Pasta Pane--food and service are always top-notch.Special Features:
- We come here a lot, we love itAfbonannoDined on 4/12/2014We love everything Pasta Pane has to offer. We bring our little kids with us and always enjoy our choices and the specials. We come here quite often to celebrate our anniversary and other special occasions. Always an easy pick for us when we want to go out!Special Features:
- Best Anniversary Dinner Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 26th Wedding Anniversary on April 9th, 2014, and we decided to have our "special" dinner at Pasta Pane along with my son and his girlfriend. From start to finish the food was fabulous. Mamma Theresa was a hoot and we loved talking to her. Her desserts were phenomenal. Chef James Frese did a fabulous job on all of our meals and appetizers. Thumbs up to Pasta Pane!!!Special Features:
- Love it!LuvpastaDined on 4/4/2014We went to a friend's home and they had food catered from Pasta Pane. Loved the food right from the start there and HAD to go to the restaurant. I've never had a bad meal and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurant in a convenientJessDined on 4/3/2014A great restaurant in a convenient location. Friendly staff and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatwatsottDined on 3/14/2014Overall, we had a good experience as we have had in the past. Not to focus only on the negative, but the waiter seemed to be in a bit of a hurry as he did not tell use the specials before asking what we would like to order. Also, the old fashioned ordered from the bar was a bit heavy on the bourbon and lacking in the bitters. Otherwise, would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta PaneAnnieDined on 3/1/2014Never disappointed here. The food is excellent and the service can't be beat.Special Features: