Pasta Lovers Trattoria
142 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pasta Lovers Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pastaloversnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128191155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pasta Lovers Trattoria
Pasta Lovers Trattoria, New York Italian Restaurant & full bar offering great drinks and stocked with a large selection of wines. Located in the heart of midtown in New York City's Rockefeller Plaza and Theater District, has been a neighborhood love for over 15 years. We serve fresh and delicious Italian cuisine in a beautiful and casual setting. Pasta Lovers has been satisfying all types of clientele, from businessmen to families, tourists to native New Yorkers. Fresh, hot, crispy pizzas are made daily in the giant brick oven. Our extensive wine list features wines and champagnes from many different regions. We feature a beautiful party room for any occasion that can seat up to 100 people. Catering is available; just ask for our event and catering coordinators. Come to Pasta Lovers and enjoy the sight, smell and taste of authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta Lovers Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ilovethisplaceLovethisplaceDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten here for lunch and dinner many times and each time the food is wonderful and the service is outstanding. I have eaten here with small group (2 to 4) and large groups (8 to 16) and at all times the service is just great. I have tired many of the items on the menu and each time that item becomes my best items to eat. They also have a great wine list. The prices are very fair for the great location.Special Features:
- igoherealotLovethisplaceDined on 8/21/2014Once again great food with outstanding service. I hosted a party of 15 and everyone had a great time due to the wonderful food and service. Nicely done and I will be back!Special Features:
- Close to Radio City!MargoVIPDined on 8/19/2014Second time here and the food never disappoints. Probably the best Chilean Sea bass and risotto I have tasted. My only complaint is they should step up their bread as the rolls they serve are not good and this time they were stale.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOptions4usDined on 8/18/2014My two teenage grandsons decided they wanted Italian for lunch after visiting Nintendo World at Rockefeller Center. Looking for someplace affordable in that area, I was pleasantly surprised with Pasta Lovers! It was spacious, bright, attractively decorated and served good food at reasonable prices. The boys had size able portions of meatballs and spaghetti and penne aka vodka. My husband had more than enough lasagne, and I enjoyed a lovely (and totally unexpected) tuna Niçoise salad! The bill for four,including tip, was under $100. We will definitely go there again on future trips.Special Features:
- Ample and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014The servings are more than ample and very good. I had chicken francaise and my serving was two very large cutlets atop a significant pile of spaghetti. Delicious! The service was friendly and accommodating. Great location for theater goers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of mineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014I used to work across the street and visited for lunch quite often. The food is always great, and the service is friendly, courteous and attentive. This time, I decided to try Pasta Lovers for a dinner that I was planning in order to get together with a group of friends I hadn't seen in a while. They have a nice Happy Hour so I had drinks by the bar with a few former co-workers. Then when my dinner party arrived, we were seated in a lovely area where we were able to chat & catch up comfortably while enjoying the fabulous meal. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningRainforestDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed our pasta very well. The service was good, the food also. The menu card has for everyone thomthing. We will come again
- Outstanding RestaurantLovethisplaceDined on 7/29/2014I hosted a work event for 8 team members and the place was outstanding. The food was wonderful and the service was even better. They also have a very good wine list! Nicely done and we will be back.Special Features:
- Adequate for a pre theater mealmwhiteVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a mediocre restaurant that caters to the pre-theater group looking for an easy place to eat. The food is a bit overpriced for what you get but again it is in a good location right in the Times Square area. Servers are very attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Super pastas, really tasty and imaginative with a good dose of unique Italian flairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was decnt.JennVDined on 7/5/2014Grandma pizza is amazing although a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2014You can usually get a table easily. The food and service are very good. Not noisy restaurant. Best italian in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Excellent LunchLeeWDined on 6/25/2014Lunch Salads were flavorful, fresh served promptly with a smile.Special Features:
- Consistant food good serviceNycgalVIPDined on 6/25/2014I come here often. It is a very good option for reasonably priced food with a decent nouse level. Staff is always nice. Food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingbkfoodieDined on 6/16/2014I remember coming to this place years ago and loving it. Sadly this past experience was not so great. Our server was so nice but the food was not good at all. The pasta did not taste fresh and the sauces were very bland. It's over-priced considering what you get. It's a shame too because it's such a great location. They need the restaurant impossible guy to come in and whip them back into shape!
- Convenient to Rockefeller CenterFamilyof5Dined on 6/16/2014Great bread, caesar salad, fried cheese & zuchinni app. Lasagna Bolognese was a bit mushy & chicken parm ok. Loved the marinara sauce on pastas. Penne a la vodka excellent. Friendly efficient staff.Special Features:
- Great food and service!RichardsonsDined on 6/8/2014We went to eat at Pasta Lovers Trattoria before the Tony Awards. The food was fantastic and service was outstanding. The restaurant looks very nice. We really enjoyed ourselves. I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place !EmanuelleDined on 5/21/2014First time for me to use this place for Lunch. It was very good, manager and staff are always welcome mood and friendly. Food and its selection is great for everyone.Special Features:
- Show timeBroadwaymamaDined on 5/16/2014Excellent location. Food is very good. Service was good, but could have been better. Waiters were hanging around and should have come to our table sooner. The restaurant was practically empty and so much time went by before our drink order was taken. This was a pre-show dinner and time was important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Pasta Lovers Trattoria reviews archive.
- Quick and goodLive2eatDined on 4/29/2014We had some time before a show to have dinner. We were looking for something quick, but good. The portions were large and tasted fine, but nothing spectacular.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in theater districtDMMcDDined on 4/26/2014My daughter and I had dinner here last Saturday evening before seeing a show on 42nd street. Dinner was delicious. The service was great and the food came out quickly. It was just a short walk to our show after dinner. I will definitely return next time I am in Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch and Friendly StaffLovepastaDined on 4/26/2014We stopped in for lunch before a 2pm show. The staff was very friendly, it's a nice atmosphere and our lunch was great. The portions were large and all 3 of us were very happy with our food. We even stopped in after the show for half price happy hour! I would recommend and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute ChoiceTattooedLawyerDined on 4/24/2014We were in a pinch to find dinner with the kids. We had seen this place the day before and my son had remembered. I jumped on Open Table and was able to get a reservation without a problem. We would highly recommend this place. Food and Service was great. The prices are great too for dining in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food service and location!SaraDined on 4/21/2014My husband and I went here for a quick dinner before a show. It was exactly what we were looking for. The good was delicious and the staff was friendly. There were three large groups with children but it was still quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014We booked a table for 7 with 45 minutes notice and the host worked us in on a busy holiday Friday night. The mussels were outstanding, followed by pizzas and pastas that pleased everyone. Wine list provides options for any taste and budget. Don't be scared off by the fact they don't have a picture on their Open Table profile, these folks provide a great dinner and environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theaterSparkyVIPDined on 4/17/2014This is a great place for a nice pre-theater dinner. The menu is good, with selections that suit everyone (we had a vegetarian, a picky kid, and a snobby foodie as part of our group.) The wait staff was attentive and made sure we got out with plenty of time to make our curtain.
- The food was fine. A littleKitty2050VIPDined on 4/9/2014The food was fine. A little heavy on the sauces, but good. Nothing outstanding, but solid. Don't plan on spending a lot of time here. They get you in and out quickly. Food came within minutes of our order. Convenient to theater district. The host was not very warm and friendly, but we were seated quickly on a Wednesday night.
- Delicious Italian/theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Took party of 9 for dinner before show on a Saturday night. Arrived at 5:30 and each enjoyed a delicious meal in a festive yet relaxed atmousphere, no feeling of being rushed out, portions were large and food prepared perfectly. Very reasonably priced. Our group ranged in age from 12-75 and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Having eaten in dozens of italian restaurants all over NYC, I would count this as one of my new favorites. I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for pre-theater dinnerrbennieDined on 4/3/2014Went to Pasta Lovers with my daughter on a Thursday night before going to see a Broadway show. The service was outstanding, but that might have had a lot to do with the fact that the place was practically empty. I had Chicken Scarpariello and my daughter had grilled lamb chops. She loved her chops. I enjoyed my meal, but it was a tiny bit overly spicy. We had crab cakes for appetizers and they were mushy. It was convenient to the theater and I would go back again, but would probably order pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Theater DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/29/2014This is East of seventh and is a good find- both pricing and food quality. Can get lighter fare than is typical further west. Good for theater regulars tired of the normal scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great location!MrsslicDined on 3/22/2014We stopped in here before a Saturday matinee. Super convenient location, and really good food...varied menu...the waitstaff was very friendly and accommodating, and the entire place was immaculate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-theatre RestaurantCPWgirlVIPDined on 3/20/2014I've been here several times before heading to the theatre and this place has never disappointed! If you let the staff know you have a curtain to make they go out of their way to see it happens. The food has always been delicious and plenty of it. Definitely one of the better and more reasonably priced restaurants in the theatre district.Special Features:
- Not GreatGTownBoyVIPDined on 3/17/2014Have had meals here maybe 12 times over past 3 years. The food is average to poor, service slow and if not convienent for clients I would not dine here again. I say that every time I eat here but still return due to its location, only.
- My cousins and I ate at PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014My cousins and I ate at Pasta Lovers Trattoria on Saturday, March 15, 2014 after seeing a matinee. We were a party of five and were seated immediately. We were shown to a lovely banquette in the back of the restaurant. The staff was friendly and knowlegdeable. Our waiter made recommendations and was able to describe different dishes that we inquired about. Our food arrived quickly, was hot and very tasty. Three of us enjoyed the Chilean sea bass with risotto (the fish was fresh and the risotto was creamy and delicious) and the other two had pasta dishes. Two of us brought home a good sized portion our dinners. I had actually dined there a few years ago, and when I recognized the restaurant I knew that we had made a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent decent foodNycgalVIPDined on 3/3/2014Near my office menu offers decent well optioned fare. In a location that offers very expensive options or food trucks this local place is a gift.Special Features:
- Found through Open Table AppHungry4GoodFoodDined on 2/22/2014Found through Open Table App about 3 hours before Saturday evening dinner when some others were already booked. The staff was welcoming and attentive, the food was VERY good, and reasonable (considering Times Square location), and the restaurant was open, roomy, and more elegant than I expected. It's our new "go-to" in Times Square.Special Features:
- A wonderful find.KayleenDined on 2/8/2014We were a group of 14 looking for a place to eat near Times Square on a Saturday night. I'm so glad that we ended up here. The service was excellent. They accomodated us quickly, the food was wonderful and we felt very welcomed. It wa a lovely, quiet spot to regroup from the hustle and bustle of New York after our matinee. I would highly recommend Pasta Lovers Trattoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go.ShaynaVIPDined on 1/11/2014The food was great and the restaurant is very convenient to the theatres.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable pre- theater optionJaneBugVIPDined on 1/9/2014Having been put off by the name, I was surprised by the very good pasta (lobster ravioli special) and cappuccino. All pastas were $19.95. The restaurant was pleasant and quiet in the back and there was a fairly lively bar scene in front for the younger set. Mostly for tourists, perhaps, but I'd go back because of decent food and good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familyBobdiVIPDined on 12/30/2013Great restaurant for family. Good food and reasonably priced. Very kid-friendly and many selections that most kids would enjoy. Wait staff very accommodating. Service can be a little slow if you are in a rush so relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.