Pasta Lovers Trattoria
142 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pasta Lovers Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pastaloversnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 819-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pasta Lovers Trattoria
Pasta Lovers Trattoria, New York Italian Restaurant & full bar offering great drinks and stocked with a large selection of wines. Located in the heart of midtown in New York City's Rockefeller Plaza and Theater District, has been a neighborhood love for over 15 years. We serve fresh and delicious Italian cuisine in a beautiful and casual setting. Pasta Lovers has been satisfying all types of clientele, from businessmen to families, tourists to native New Yorkers. Fresh, hot, crispy pizzas are made daily in the giant brick oven. Our extensive wine list features wines and champagnes from many different regions. We feature a beautiful party room for any occasion that can seat up to 100 people. Catering is available; just ask for our event and catering coordinators. Come to Pasta Lovers and enjoy the sight, smell and taste of authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta Lovers Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (7)romantic (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good for pre-theater lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014I've eaten here before and it's very consistent. The food is quite good and the prices are pretty reasonable given its proximity to all the theaters. The service is attentive BUT if you are going to a matinee, make sure you tell them. They do not rush you so if they don't know you have to be somewhere, they will be very relaxed. It's not a bad thing at all, just something to take note of so you have ample time to eat and get to your matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!TecaLGDined on 11/15/2014We made reservations and had arrived about 30 minutes early. We received a very warm welcome and was seated immediately. Very attentive waiter/bb service. Many choices on menu and specials list, and our food was excellent. Besides the regular food menu, they also have brick oven pizza that looked amazing. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FibdLuv2eatDined on 11/15/2014Great location.. Close to Radio City Musical. Service was quick. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11-8-14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Had a large party of 12. I picked this place because of availability and location. Everything was great. Prices are high...and no kid selections but I expect that in New York. Only problem was it took a long time to get our check as the place was getting very busy as we left. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. We would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!vballspiritDined on 11/7/2014We were in a time crunch, having just arrived in the city from La Guardia and were trying to make it to a Broadway show on time. We told our waiter this and he was very quick to take our orders, get our drinks, and serve us bread. The food came quickly and it was piping hot and plated nicely! The pasta was fresh and the alfredo sauce was very good. I was not a huge fan of the chicken in my dish and probably would just get only broccoli if I ever went again, but overall the dish was really good!
- This restaurant is fineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014However - given the huge number of restaurants in NYC, I would not go there again. It should be fabulous, and it is not.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014I had an artichoke pizza that came with onions that I didn't want. It was hardly wood-fired, probably the worst pizza I've ever had.Special Features:
- only want serviceTRreviewsVIPDined on 10/25/2014The waiter was uninterested in us. He was busy supporting the column near his station. Soup came with out bread or Parmesan cheese. The Broccoli Rabe was cold. The leftovers were stuffed together in one tin piled on top of each other. Not a place I am running back to
- LovethisplaceLovethisplaceDined on 10/23/2014Pasta Lovers Trattoria is on is one of my favorite placing to eat and I love to eat. The food is great, with outstanding service. I have eaten here hosting large work dinner events and come back to eat here just with my wife. At all times (dinner and lunch) the food is wonderful and the service is even better. Is at a great location, with very good prices. Try this place and you will keep coming back; just as I do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyKateDined on 10/18/2014The whole staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food was very good, and true to description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What do you expect at Times Sq?osk11Dined on 10/11/2014Having missed to make a reservation in time, we turned to OpenTable to find this restaurant with plenty of time options available on a Saturday night a bank holiday weekend an hour before our desired reservation time of 7pm. Well ... I should have listened to my instincts: A restaurant 2 minutes from Times Sq with tables still available at that time and for that price can't be excellent. The food was generally quite bland in taste and I'm sure I can whip up better myself, not being a chef. Additionally, the waiter mixed up the order for our toddler and by the time it finally came she had already eaten enough from our plates. Yet they still charged 75% of a full meal for half a portion of vegetables with pasta. Won't return there - ever.Special Features:
- Good Food, a bit priceyfurmangirl08VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was really good, but I definitely found it to be a bit pricey as did the majority of my group. We came in as a group of 12 people, so for a group, it was nice. I would say though that we came in at noon on a rainy Saturday. I'd have expected the place to be packed, but it was not, at all.Special Features:
- Yum!BobellerzVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great pasta carbonara and pizza. Went for lunch, wasn't too busy, and would definitely return to if I was in that area again.Special Features:
- BuonissimoDined on 10/2/2014always great friendly service when we come in for lunch meetings! thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Birthday CelebrationQueenKelleyVIPDined on 9/27/2014We stopped in after a show at Caroline's for birthday dessert. My husband and I shared a slice of red velvet cake and vanilla ice cream. Dessert was delicious! Most importantly, the birthday girl cleaned her plate, the tiramisu I think she ordered. I go to this restaurant for many of my occasions. They do an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleFoodConnoisseurDined on 9/14/2014Second time coming to this restaurant. Fell on love with it the first time I came here. Came in this past Sunday with 3 other people and I will never come back to this restaurant again. Ordered chicken scarpariello that was way too spicy. It killed the flavor of the whole meal. The waiter never came back over to see if we needed refills on our drinks. The busboy came to take our dishes and we told him we were taking the remainder of the food home with us. He said ok and then proceeded to take the dishes of food and place the dirty plates and silverware on top of the food when we were taking home with us. When the waiter came back over he said give him "3 mins to make a new dish". Apparently they must serve hamburger helper.Special Features:
- Horrible.....MonteVIPDined on 9/10/2014I went with my daughters before the theatre and my younger daughter likes very simple Italian food which is why I chose this restaurant in addition to the proximity to our show. The other Open Table reviews I read were also decent I thought, however this was a huge disappointment. We started with the fried calamari which was so chewy I couldn't even eat it. My daughters had penne vodka and baked ziti and I had the shrimp scampi which were all disappointing. The bill was $150 which I feel was a complete waste of money. The only upside was that the restaurant was not crowded (now we know why) and we were able to have dinner served quickly theatre, and the service was good. I would never eat there again.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014The Caesar salad was excellent. I ordered it light on the dressing, and that was what I got. The spaghetti bolognese was very good. Not the best I ever had, but good. The server could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I have eaten at Pasta Lovers several times and have never been disappointed. Their food is consistently good and their service is excellent. This time, I went with friends from out of town and they were very impressed with the food and the service. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- First visitpediatricnurseDined on 9/3/2014We decided to try this restaurant because reviews talked about fantastic food and low price. Well our dinners were excellent. The staff was excellent, they were very attentive to our needs during dinner. The atmosphere was wonderful. They put us in an area that was quiet. The price for our meal was not as low priced as we expected. House wines were excellent and well priced. I like a restaurant that offers house wines.Special Features:
- ilovethisplaceLovethisplaceDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten here for lunch and dinner many times and each time the food is wonderful and the service is outstanding. I have eaten here with small group (2 to 4) and large groups (8 to 16) and at all times the service is just great. I have tired many of the items on the menu and each time that item becomes my best items to eat. They also have a great wine list. The prices are very fair for the great location.Special Features:
- igoherealotLovethisplaceDined on 8/21/2014Once again great food with outstanding service. I hosted a party of 15 and everyone had a great time due to the wonderful food and service. Nicely done and I will be back!Special Features:
- Close to Radio City!MargoVIPDined on 8/19/2014Second time here and the food never disappoints. Probably the best Chilean Sea bass and risotto I have tasted. My only complaint is they should step up their bread as the rolls they serve are not good and this time they were stale.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOptions4usDined on 8/18/2014My two teenage grandsons decided they wanted Italian for lunch after visiting Nintendo World at Rockefeller Center. Looking for someplace affordable in that area, I was pleasantly surprised with Pasta Lovers! It was spacious, bright, attractively decorated and served good food at reasonable prices. The boys had size able portions of meatballs and spaghetti and penne aka vodka. My husband had more than enough lasagne, and I enjoyed a lovely (and totally unexpected) tuna Niçoise salad! The bill for four,including tip, was under $100. We will definitely go there again on future trips.Special Features:
- Ample and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014The servings are more than ample and very good. I had chicken francaise and my serving was two very large cutlets atop a significant pile of spaghetti. Delicious! The service was friendly and accommodating. Great location for theater goers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of mineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014I used to work across the street and visited for lunch quite often. The food is always great, and the service is friendly, courteous and attentive. This time, I decided to try Pasta Lovers for a dinner that I was planning in order to get together with a group of friends I hadn't seen in a while. They have a nice Happy Hour so I had drinks by the bar with a few former co-workers. Then when my dinner party arrived, we were seated in a lovely area where we were able to chat & catch up comfortably while enjoying the fabulous meal. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningRainforestDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed our pasta very well. The service was good, the food also. The menu card has for everyone thomthing. We will come again
- The following 72 reviews are from the Pasta Lovers Trattoria reviews archive.
- Outstanding RestaurantLovethisplaceDined on 7/29/2014I hosted a work event for 8 team members and the place was outstanding. The food was wonderful and the service was even better. They also have a very good wine list! Nicely done and we will be back.Special Features:
- Adequate for a pre theater mealmwhiteVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a mediocre restaurant that caters to the pre-theater group looking for an easy place to eat. The food is a bit overpriced for what you get but again it is in a good location right in the Times Square area. Servers are very attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Super pastas, really tasty and imaginative with a good dose of unique Italian flairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was decnt.JennVDined on 7/5/2014Grandma pizza is amazing although a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2014You can usually get a table easily. The food and service are very good. Not noisy restaurant. Best italian in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Excellent LunchLeeWDined on 6/25/2014Lunch Salads were flavorful, fresh served promptly with a smile.Special Features:
- Consistant food good serviceNycgalVIPDined on 6/25/2014I come here often. It is a very good option for reasonably priced food with a decent nouse level. Staff is always nice. Food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingbkfoodieDined on 6/16/2014I remember coming to this place years ago and loving it. Sadly this past experience was not so great. Our server was so nice but the food was not good at all. The pasta did not taste fresh and the sauces were very bland. It's over-priced considering what you get. It's a shame too because it's such a great location. They need the restaurant impossible guy to come in and whip them back into shape!
- Convenient to Rockefeller CenterFamilyof5Dined on 6/16/2014Great bread, caesar salad, fried cheese & zuchinni app. Lasagna Bolognese was a bit mushy & chicken parm ok. Loved the marinara sauce on pastas. Penne a la vodka excellent. Friendly efficient staff.Special Features:
- Great food and service!RichardsonsDined on 6/8/2014We went to eat at Pasta Lovers Trattoria before the Tony Awards. The food was fantastic and service was outstanding. The restaurant looks very nice. We really enjoyed ourselves. I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place !EmanuelleVIPDined on 5/21/2014First time for me to use this place for Lunch. It was very good, manager and staff are always welcome mood and friendly. Food and its selection is great for everyone.Special Features:
- Show timeBroadwaymamaDined on 5/16/2014Excellent location. Food is very good. Service was good, but could have been better. Waiters were hanging around and should have come to our table sooner. The restaurant was practically empty and so much time went by before our drink order was taken. This was a pre-show dinner and time was important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and goodLive2eatDined on 4/29/2014We had some time before a show to have dinner. We were looking for something quick, but good. The portions were large and tasted fine, but nothing spectacular.I would recommend this to a friend.