1515 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pastafreska.com/
- Phone: 2062831515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mike Horri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We also provide catering, banquet and private party services. Please visit our catering page and get an idea of how we can transfer our simple, sweet, warm, generous atmosphere and food to your next event. We currently do caterings for the likes of Amazon, Microsoft, etc.
- Private Party Facilities: We provide services for Private Parties, both internally and outside our restaurant at such venues as the Mercer Island Yacht Club, The Swedish Cultural Center, and the Puget Sound Yacht Club, among many others. We do graduations, weddings, wedding rehearsals, private parties, corporate affairs, box lunches, corporate meetings, breakfast and lunch catering & meetings in and around Seattle, The Eastside, Mercer Island and surrounding areas.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Horri 2062831515x
- Special Events: Pasta Freska can provide for all of your Wedding Reception needs in one complete package! Let us provide the silverware, chaffing dish, napkins, dishes, plates, tablecloths, and six romantic locations for you to chose from! You focus on your special night and we will handle the rest!
A word from Pasta Freska
At Pasta Freska Italian restaurant in Seattle, you'll find a unique dining & restaurant experience missing from most restaurants today. It really is unlike any other. Not for everyone, but if you look at our reviews online, you'll see that most love it. The word on the street in Seattle is that people love it - they love the intimacy, the fun, the casualness and the warmth of the experience with Mike, and they love the warm, tasty, scrumptious and well appointed Italian food that consistently comes out of the oven and kitchen. How often would you like to just sit down without having to make your own decisions, and just know that whatever comes out of the kitchen will be warm, fulfilling, amazing Italian food like you hear "grandmother" used to make?!? Then Pasta Freska Italian Restaurant is for you.Continued
Pasta Freska offers private dining experiences a minimum of 20 guests on Sundays. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
Pasta Freska offers private dining experiences a minimum of 20 guests on Sundays. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta Freska reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- 1 of a Kind-Be Open and Have $$$$ColleenDined on 8/18/2014Really delicious food, over the top delicious! Very friendly owner/chef who customizes a 6-course meal according to what you say you like and don't like. However, it would have been nice to know how the restaurant works and the price range of the food that was coming nonstop.Special Features:
- Great No-Menu RestaurantScottDined on 8/7/2014My work group had a fantastic meal at Pasta Freska. There is no menu. The chef comes to your table and asks what anyone doesn't like (or has allergies to). Then the courses start coming. We lost track at 7. Each was delicious. Highly recommend this place for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKristabDined on 7/28/2014This was my second time dining and it did not disappoint! We sat on the terrace outside and it was beautiful especially after dark. Meal was amazing! Overall we had 13 courses and they were fantastic. The staff is small but attentive. Ready to return on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinnerMamaluvfoodDined on 7/12/2014A group of my girlfriends and I decided to dine at Pasta Freska based on the good reviews and we were not disappointed. We were welcomed in right away by the chef himself who popped open a bottle of white wine to cool us down and start the fun! We were completely impressed by the special attention the chef took to everyone's dietary request or limitations. There were no menus, the chef made what came to mind and every single dish was amazing, even the non-gluten and dairy-free ones! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceFickleFeasterDined on 7/4/2014This was an impromptu dining decision as original plans for dinner & fireworks downtown had fizzled. Reviews said it was worth the trip and I must say, it definitely is that! Friends from the east coast were in town for holiday (they're pretty picky about their Italian food). The waitstaff are friendly and FAST; Chef Mike was ON his game and watching him run that kitchen was like watching Ramsey doing his thing (only without the cursing rudeness). Seven courses and a chef-picked wine... unbelievably delicious, perfectly presented, and I would not hesitate to recommend Pasta Freska to ANYONE looking to impress a group, boss, date, or foodie friend. Bonus: The pricing is low considering the amazing quality. Perfect experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the free form dining!DenverdinerVIPDined on 6/19/2014We ate here while in Seattle and loved it. First, realize they don't have a menu, it's really a chefs choice on what he's serving that evening. I imagine Chef Mike will meet you, greet you and seat you. He then asks what food allergies or dislikes you have. In other words, what can't you or won't you eat. Next thing you know, food starts arriving. We loved our meal. Started with a nice salad, followed by a small portion of the best eggplant parmesan i've ever eaten. A great rigatoni bolognese and a seafood dish followed. They size the portions so you don't get overwhelmed but you definitely leave full. Love this place and the lack of menu!Special Features:
- Great date place!bogdi1988Dined on 6/14/2014Awesome place to go on a date! Menu is a surprise so the chef will offer you all sorts of yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Great TimeYordknsDined on 6/7/2014I had read a little about what to expect at Pasta Freska but nothing could have prepared me for what lay inside this little place on a busy corner. When we walked in and saw no one inside I was immediately thinking, "OK, what have I gotten us in to this time." When asked if we wanted to sit inside or out we said outside because it was a gorgeous night. A short time later on a small patio we were approached by this lovely Italian man who asked us two questions. "Are you ready for a beautiful dinner?" After answering in the affirmative because who says "No" to that question, we were then asked is there anything you can't eat? My wife is allergic to mollusks so we told them that and then the evening unfolded from there.. and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will go back!Kerry425Dined on 5/2/2014Fabulous experience! The staff was very friendly and made you feel at home. The food was delicious. Absolutely love the concept of no menu, no ordering. The selected wines were perfect companions to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 260 reviews are from the Pasta Freska reviews archive.
- The BestSydneeDined on 3/28/2014Love the concept. The food was wonderful. The service outstanding. They have a new singer and it was the like the cherry on top. Everyone should check this place out!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceHappyDinerDined on 3/21/2014My husband's employer recommended this restaurant for my birthday dinner. We were greeted by the owner at the door. He walked us to our table, and as other guests arrived made sure we were separated enough to feel we had privacy. After asking us a few questions about our likes/dislikes/possible food allergies, he picked out a bottle of wine for us - an amazing Primitivo, and then the food started coming. There were 8 courses all together, a couple were shared plates which was perfect. The food was absolutely amazing. The owner was engaged with each table. There is no menu. You need to be okay with that and run with the adventure. We will return with a group next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening!LuLuDined on 3/15/2014We hadn't been to Pasta Freska in too long a time. Bought a Groupon to force us to go into Seattle and have dinner there. What a great evening! It's so much fun! You eat what they bring you for that evening and it's all terrific. You share a number of the dishes and that's fun. Miranda is their new server/opera singer and comes to your table to sing with her beautiful opera voice. Service was great and all the staff is polite, fun, and considerate. Will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting idea.chb0otDined on 3/1/2014Basic idea: Sit down, tell the chef your allergies or foods you wont' eat and wait. A procession of small servings continues for an hour or so. You get no other say. You don't even get to choose the bottle of wine. Besides that though, the food was just OK. There are better places to go for less money but it wasn't horrible eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Lot A PastAmkchipDined on 2/21/2014My husband and I entertained friends from Spokane on a chilly, rainy Friday evening, and the warmth of Pasta Freska invited us immediately into an atmosphere of friendly fun and fantastic food. Mike, who I believe owns the small, corner restaurant, seated us a midst the bustle of a singing waitress and tables of celebrants and an array of red wines. He opened a wonderful bottle of Merlot, after asking if we enjoyed good wine, and poured our libations. Two waitresses provided one delicious course after another, careful not to interfere with our constant conversation yet always available to answer questions. The service and care was unassuming and genuine, and for about $60 per person, our glasses and plates and stomachs and hearts were full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Made reservation for 4 at 6:30pm, got there 6:15pm. Still waiting at 7:05pm, after being told it'll be 10 min several times. There was a line out the door. The staff never checked me in via my online reservation, and instead was coming through the group with a pad and pen asking who was next. When I saw that, it was 7:06pm, I left.
- Lack LusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This restaurant claims to order food just for you but it was whatever they had in the kitchen. It was not worth 80.00 ticket for two people. One glass of wine each and dessert. The food is lacking in flavor and presentation. Cheap ingredients like this I would have are at OSF.
- overbookedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We were seated 1.5 hours after our reservation time. The staff seemed confused about the logistics of valentines day operations. It was jam packed near the entrance. A total zoo.Special Features:
- Not a great experienceJackriley53Dined on 2/14/2014First, let me say I love Pasta Fresca. The food is great and I love being surprised with the ever changing menu. That being said, I made reservations for Valentines Day several weeks ahead of time so I wouldn't be standing waiting for a table. When we arrived at PF 10 minutes before our 7pm reservation I saw the place was overflowing. I found a hostess after a few minutes and told her we had a 7 pm reservation. She put us on the long list of people waiting for a table. It was exactly like there was no respect for reservations at all, just first come, first serve. We were seated around 7:30. The staff was so overwhelmed that we were served whatever, whenever. Theyoffered salad three times, never served the lobster as I believe they ran out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day adventureChrisMDined on 2/14/2014My first visit to Pasta Freska was a treat! I made reservations for a surprise Valentine's Day dinner with my boyfriend, knowing nothing more than that there are no menus. Sounded like a unique experience, and it was. We were treated to a number of dishes, including lasagna, ahi, eggplant, and so much more. We noticed not everyone was having the same food, so it must have been handled in cycles. Fine by us, it was all tasty. About halfway through, my boyfriend asked me what it would cost. Much like the next course, the actual cost was a mystery as well. Turned out very reasonable - about $30 per person for a dinner that included 5-7 courses with dessert, and $30-$45 per bottle of wine. Would go back!Special Features:
- Reservation? Means nothingAF62VIPDined on 2/14/2014Had a reservation here on Valentine's Day. Walked in to find a huge line of people and no hostess in sight. After 10 minutes the hostess appeared and asked everyone in line for their name. The time of our reservation didn't matter a wit! The guy a few groups in front of us said, we are 30 minutes early and they got seated before us. After waiting 30 minutes for a table and finding out we had 30 minutes at least left to wait, we left. If you can't seat us within 45 minutes of our reservation... why have reservations in the first place??
- I couldn't eat another bite!kducoingDined on 2/14/2014This place brings course, after course, after course of amazing Italian food. The owner/chef comes over and greets you personally and then a bottle of wine is plopped down for you to immediately start enjoying. Within minutes the courses start coming, getting shared among all the tables. They are mouth-watering and savory, hot, and diverse (egg plant, salad, cheesy garlic bread, spicy chicken, spaghetti, lamb, steak, lobster, etc.). We were so full but we kept stuffing it all in because it looked, smelled, and ultimately tasted so good! They even had an opera singer serenade our table. Even my super picky mother said it was her new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?I dine out often but...TandJVIPDined on 2/1/2014have never been moved to review either great or poor restaurants. Open Table reviews listed PF as 4+ stars-1 of the highest rated Italian restaurants in Seattle. Apparently most reviewers have either not eaten at other Italian restaurants, or those where they have are catered by Chef Boyardee. I'm fine with a fixed price menu, but not so fine with not listing a price, and a brush off of a request to choose wine by saying "I'll pick it for you" (a reasonably palatable chianti; overpriced @ $46). The pasta was overcooked (al dente plus 6 minutes), the fish was fishy and the meat was close to flavorless. My wife thought the chicken was good; I couldn't finish it. Was a friendly place tho. To each his own, I guess. Won't be back.
- Quite an experience!abarrDined on 1/17/2014I took my wife to Pasta Freska as a surprise dinner for her birthday. After reading the reviews I had an idea what to expect, but I kept it a surprise and we weren't disappointed. We started with a shellfish course that had the most incredible broth - we were so wishing for bread to soak it up with! Then, through the evening (we were there almost 2 hours!) we had a pasta course, salad course (I got served a separate chicken dish since I don't do salad), eggplant dish, seafood course (amazing salmon for me, seared ahi for my wife) and I'm probably forgetting one or two. Aside from a little too much cheese focus on the veggie dishes, everything was wonderfully richly flavored. Oh, and fresh raspberry lemonade cut the richness for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve!!christyDined on 12/31/2013When I booked this dinner I was hoping for a good experience and great dinner with my Italian boyfriend on NYE. This Italian restaurant looks like a pizza cafe from the outside. When we arrived people were spilling out in to the street it was so full. Even though we were warmly greeted by the owner as if he knew us. Immediately he apologized for the wait and poured us complimentary wine. After eating a fabulous meal, the owner and the staff took us across the street to the marina where we and the other patrons boarded a boat. I think it was chartered by the restaurant or owned by the owner. We floated out into lake union and watched the NYE fireworks. It was a magical night!! Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysarnassDined on 12/31/2013Pasta Freska offers great food and delicious wine to go with it. Mike, the owner, takes care of all his guests. He does not offer a menu, but presents his guests with his premier food in many courses. Be prepared to at least spend 2 hours for dining. His place is always crowded. People do not want to leave. Thanks Mike for another splendid evening.Special Features:
- Fun & FoodjamwilsonVIPDined on 12/27/2013This is a fun place to dine. No menu, just the chef coming out to check to see what you don't eat then brings out things for your table. Unless you are truly allergic he will try to talk you into the things you say you don't like. lol But everything is good & very reasonable. Our party of 6 had 7 courses with 3 bottles of wine for $280! And the wine is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no menus, a plusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/19/2013They ask your dislikes and allergies and then start cooking amazing food around that. We had salad,egg plant parmesan, spaghetti, steak, ahi tuna and I am sure I am forgetting a dish. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- outstanding food, serviceshelleyDined on 12/13/2013outstanding food, service and fun. Eating here is like going to someone's home. The menu is preplanned and you get small amounts of about 7 courses. Before they begin you tell the owner any special food requests or allergies and they are accommodated. If you like Italian food and if you like seafood, you will love Pasta Freska!Special Features:
- DeeelishFoundParisinSeaDined on 11/30/2013Nice little spot, food was amazing. I like the concept of eating whatever the chef is proudest of that night, and he did not disappoint. We were asked if we had any allergies or things we don't like (dangerous question), and then dinner was a surprise. Thank you for masala sans fungi! It was unclear as far as how much the food/wine cost, so the check was a surprise, though definitely reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectGarrettDined on 11/27/2013The restaurant is very unique in that there is no menu to chose from. Instead, the owner comes to your table, greets you and asks if there is anything that you do not like. Once he knows your preference he prepares a special meal for you. We received 8 different dishes ranging from salad, pastas, proteins, etc. The food was obviously fresh and home made and was delicious. The reason I say the meal was almost perfect was because the desserts were terrible. You have a fantastic meal all prepared with fresh, delicious ingredients and then the desserts come and are obviously store bought. It was very anticlimactic. I would highly recommend the restaurant for a unique and tasty experience but plan on going somewhere else for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ExperiencesueoDined on 11/23/2013Not your typical dinner out but great fun! Every bite was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to order Italian cusine!Jesse487VIPDined on 11/1/2013Pasta Freska offers a unique dining experience serving up fine Italian cuisine, made to order. The owner greets you and asks if there is anything you don't like. Soon, dishes just start appearing, and they are all delicious. You aren't quite sure what is coming next, but by the third or fourth course, you realize this is not a run of the mill restaurant. Eight courses later....dessert.......We are going back as soon as we can!Special Features:
- It was so much fun to sitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013It was so much fun to sit and just be served, one fantastic course after another. The chef had an uncanny ability to select the perfect food and wine, and overall, it was a wonderful experience. I can't wait to go back, and my sister definitely enjoyed her birthday surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Theme, Poor ExecutionDeviDined on 4/23/2013It's a small restaurant with a catchy theme. No menu. We were told we needed to have a reservation however, no one looked up us and the place was mostly empty. The food was lacking in creativity. It was all dishes I could have made myself. No wine options just the first bottle he grabbed. The decor was awful, two different types of wall paper in 1 spot. If they could apply for a restaurant make-over on one of those reality tv shows, I'd come back for another try.Special Features:
- Delicious SurprisesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013What a fun idea--to be served small bites of many delicious foods, that were created by the chef and prepared from what is fresh that day. The meal addressed our hunger and our sense of adventure, and we thought the price was reasonable for such a creative and varied meal.Special Features:
- had ta cancel this reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013had ta cancel this reservation but had eaten there ths previous week. food was great. pricing structure was not explained prior to service. would have liked to know before the meal and would have liked to order from a wine list. i will go back . making and breaking the reservation was easy.
- Mostly wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2013I enjoy Pasta Freska very much. It's always an experience dining there. The sauce was a bit to spicy for my 10 year old granddaughter so she didn't care for her dinner much, which was really disappointing. They may want to consider children a bit more when it comes to option of spiciness. Last time a different granddaughter LOVED everything about her meal. I guess that's the danger of a unique place that has no menu. I enjoyed my dinner very much and the owner made sure my vegan diet was honored.
- A refreshing approach to dining!asuarez129Dined on 4/12/2013A refreshing approach to dining! They use the use of freshest simple ingredients and bring them together in culinary, non-pretentious perfection.Special Features:
- Pasta Freska is an incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Pasta Freska is an incredible find. Chef Mike greets you warmly and asks about your food preferences, then the magic begins! Seemly nonstop delicious food flows to your table. Mike checks in with you periodically to make sure that your expectations are met. Ours were exceeded! I would whole heartedly recommend Pasta Freska.Special Features:
- Turned out to be very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013I like Pasta Freska's approach: there's no menu, you tell the chef what you like and what you don't like and they bring you delicious food in several courses. However, I would advise people with food sensitivities and allergies to ask before the wait staff put anything in your plate, because they don't seem to be keeping track of what you can and cannot eat. Also, when the maitre asked if we wanted wine, we said yes and he brought us a $33 bottle of red wine. I would have been happy with just a glass, and honestly half a bottle was way more than I was willing to consume or even pay for. So, unless you really don't mind someone else deciding what you are going to eat and how much you are going to spend, I'd say this is a good restaurant.Special Features: