Pasta E Pomodoro - Salem Street
120 Salem St
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pasta E Pomodoro - Salem Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pastapomodoronorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177420809x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pasta E Pomodoro - Salem Street
'Local...Fresh...Authentic. Those three adjectives aptly describe Pasta E Pomodoro, which boasts the North End's finest Italian food. All we can say is, "Believe it!" This eatery is awesome, and it's got the lunch, dinner and takeout traffic to prove it. Crazy about veal and chicken cooked with classic Italian bravado? You'll be rendered speechless by Pomodoro's Veal a la Toscana, Chicken Cacciatore, and Veal or Chicken Parmigiana. Is fresh seafood your fave? If so, this eatery's Seafood Alfredo, Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Baked Stuffed Haddock will make Pomodoro your new favorite haunt. And if you've a passion for pasta, the chef prepares Penne con Pollo, Lasagna di Giorno and the house specialty - Pasta Pomodoro - with such artistry, you may never again want to eat pasta anywhere else.' - idine.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta E Pomodoro - Salem Street reviews from OpenTable diners
- EH....not so muchloveleighaliceVIPDined on 2/14/2014....bad atmosphere....uncomfortable chairs...huge TV....no charm....great cannoli though! One could do much better in the North End...
- Mehmizkim4Dined on 2/10/2014We visited on a Monday night. To start with, the waiter couldn't recommend one of their red wines. When asked, his response was "Maybe a Chianti??? I'm not sure...." My companion ordered the Steak Pizzaiola and it was too expensive [$26.95] and it was small, tough, fatty, overcooked -- not good although she did enjoy the mashed potatoes. I ordered the Spinach Ravioli for $17.95. It was average, at best . The ravioli were stuffed with fresh spinach and were decent but it was served with some chicken (very little) and a garlic cream sauce (way too much). It was fine but for nearly $18, I expected more than 3-4 oz of chicken. It was very cold outside and every time the door opened, a cold chill rushed into the entire dining room. Meh.
- Good overallBakaDaveDined on 2/9/2014Food was pretty good and service was decent. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceJessicaDVIPDined on 2/6/2014We had a 7pm reservation and weren't seated until 7:35pm. There was one waitress who was also the hostess and clearly this didn't help. I do have to say she was very friendly and a pretty good waitress. My dad ordered the Salmon pasta and loved it. The salmon was cooked perfectly, the sundried tomatoes were a little too salty for his taste and there was a bit of oil when he got to the bottom of his dish, but he really enjoyed it. I ordered the grilled salmon and it was way over cooked and dry. My sister ordered the seafood scampi and the swordfish was bad, it had a smell that I've never smelled before. She sent it back and they gave her Chicken Cacciatore which she thoroughly enjoyed. They comped her meal. It was cold, best to go in summer
- One Hour Limit?EC2014Dined on 2/6/2014The food was good and fairly inexpensive for the neighborhood. But I would not return. We had finished our meal and still drinking our wine. We had only been at our table for one hour and we were asked to leave because "the table was reserved ". Completely unacceptable. I live in the North End and have never had this experience in any other restaurant. I would not return or recommend to a friend.
- A lovely romantic dinnerThefreshmakerDined on 2/2/2014It was delicious and the server was nice and attentive. Our water glasses were never empty which I love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great meal!JojoVIPDined on 2/2/2014This restaurant is small, quaint and a hidden gem. The food is expertly prepared and is cooked to order. We had a great meal and were glad we dined here.Special Features:
- Outstanding food & serviceKaren11Dined on 2/2/2014The food was outstanding and the service was too! The only negative is I would've liked a different seat not near the door & draft everytime the door was opened. We would definately return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherJustHonestDined on 2/1/2014Ignore the food review above, we never got our food. 35 minutes after ordering we still had to wait for our salads. We left.Special Features:
- disapointed coupleLizzyDined on 2/1/2014I was so excited to go into the North End, and oh so excited to have Shrimp Scampi, my husband and I drove 45 minutes for this experience. Very small and quaint, getting excited and then when I got my scampi, I could not eat it, it tasted sour, the waitress came and took the plate and then brought over 2 shots of Lemoncello ? from the cook and that was that experience very disappointing Will not go back. We were also there for 2 hours til the end of the meal,
- Wrong meal served?RiccardoVIPDined on 1/31/2014We are a group of 4 friends who get together to try a different North End restaurant. Last time my friend tried PeP there was no heat so they had a drink & left. This time there was heat but the food was not worth the wait. The Caesar Salad was the saddest excuse for that type we had ever seen. The main course came out. Two gnocchi and a stuffed chicken came out together. I had to wait another 5 min for my Chicken Cacciatore. I doubt it was Cacciatore. it did not look like any similar dish I had ever ordered. I didn't think that until after I left but it was not very good, whatever it was. I ate less than half and didn't take the leftovers. The server never asked why. I heard the stuffed chicken was excellent and the gnocchi were good..
- Dinner was delicious!GoodFoodDined on 1/26/2014Was a quiet bitterly cold Sunday night and my husband and I were the only ones in the restaurant. We had a very nice time and we both loved our meals. It was filet for him and salmon for me, and delicious. I would definitely recommmend this restaurant for those who want a great meal with a neighborhood feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Cute little place in North End - very decent food. Not great, but good. Service was horrible. One waitress for entire place
- Nice neighborhood find!westenderVIPDined on 1/20/2014We passed this restaurant many times and finally decided to try it. We went on a Monday evening at the end of a 3 day weekend, so things were pretty quiet. It is a small place, quite charming. Three people were at the small bar and there were couples at two other tables. The owner was doing it all that evening, hosting, serving, cooking, but if he was stressed, he did not show it. He was friendly and helpful. The service was at a good pace, and our meal was nice. The 2 of us shared an appetizer, a salad and an entrée. That with a couple of glasses of wine was enough and satisfying. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End Dining2ofusVIPDined on 1/15/2014We were dining at this restaurant because we had purchased a voucher through Travelzoo. My wife had the caprese salad and I had the Caesar. Both salads were quite generous. The Caesar was unique in that they gave you an entire head of Romaine lettuce uncut. We both has the lobster ravioli special which was also served with shrimp and it was quite generous as well and very good. As are many restaurants in Boston's North End, the dining room is small and the tables fairly close to one another. If you want a bit more room and privacy, ask for a table by the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placekathyDined on 1/11/2014Sweet little restaurant in the heart of the little Italy. Very nice intimate table for two in the window. Super service, incredible food! Everything was great about it! I would definately go back. Prices were great. You can dress up or dress casual, its not a stuffy place at all. Very friendly. We had an antipasto appetizer that was to die for! Big portions, and so delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our whole experience diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Our whole experience dining at the restaurant was wonderful. Very pleasant waitress. Everything from soup and salad to the entree and dessert was so delicious. I had the eggplant which was so tasty. My husband had the lobster ravioli which he said was stuffed with lobster. Would definitely return to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and staff, quiet dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2014My boyfriend and I went to Pasta e Pomodoro last Monday night. Like many North End restaurants, it's a small "hole in the wall" with little staff but a great atmosphere and every member on staff is attentive and pleasant. We had a deal from TravelZoo that allowed us to order an appetizer, two entrees or entree pastas, and share a dessert. We had the Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip- it was delicious and much more authentic than most you can get from a restaurant. I had the shrimp scampi- delicious and traditional with a bit more citrus than usual that allowed the shrimp's taste to really shine. My boyfriend has the Spinach Ravioli with chicken, also very good. The dessert consists of two cannolis. We had a great time and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food on New YearsSuperJDined on 12/31/2013Took a date here for New Years. We had reservations, but it was pretty empty and they seemed unnecessary. We ordered the New Years special of a four course meal. The soup and appetizers were so good, we were almost full by the time the main course arrived. It was the best soup I have ever had. The steak was cooked to perfection. My date raved about the seafood she ordered. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. Only note was that on cold days, the door lets in a lot of cold air, so be careful where you sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small crowded place but foodToughtopleaseDined on 12/24/2013Small crowded place but food was good. Liked that the service was friendly and not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One meal at a timeMikeDined on 12/22/2013We had a party of 7, and they did a great job accomodating us. Everything is prepared fresh and you can watch them do it. We were in no hurry as it was a special time with friends. It took a very long time to get the appetizer, longer to get the caprese salad with very poor tomatoes. When the meal came out, it literally came out one dish at a time, two for our table, one for another table, three for our table, two for another table. There was about a 15 minute gap between the first meal and the last meal for our table which was a simple Bolognese. Will not be returning.
- Great, then merely goodDanAndCoVIPDined on 12/22/2013I've been to Pasta e Pomodoro twice. The first time, the food was absolutely delicious, particularly the "pasta salmone" with salmon, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomato in a lemon-sage sauce. I raved about it to my family, and we went a few months later. This time, the food was all rather ordinary, including the "pasta salmone" which was hardly lemony at all. It wasn't bad, just nothing special.
- Excellent FindKG45Dined on 12/9/2013The staff were warm and friendly. All menu items were delicious and the portions were generous. The wine and ambiance were terrific. It was fun to sit in the window and watch the neighborhood in action. I would absolutely dine here again!Special Features:
- quite in the north endmurphyVIPDined on 11/14/2013only people in restaurant until two more couples came food was very good as was the service don't forget to ask the price of any specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for a So So MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Each trip to Boston, we have dinner at different North End restaurant. We have never been dissappointed until now. We were 30 minutes late on a Saturday night which was signficant. The staff could not have been kinder. They did give our table away but we were seated within 20 min. Our server was not nearly as personable as the Hosts. She made no suggestions and we felt we were an annoyance to her. I did order a Sangria (which was just okay) but the other 2 guests only water. We did not order appetizers but 2 of us ordered a salad. She took the 3rd order and walked away without even asking if he'd like a salad as well. The Ceasar Salad was excellent and was the highlight of my meal. Food was only so so. I guess this was a 1 & done.
- Redemption!invitingVIPDined on 11/2/2013What could have been a terrible experience turned out really good. We waited far too long for our meal, our salad was forgotten, and my husband got the wrong meal. However the owner/chef was very gracious about it and comped us for our dinners as well as sent us a complementary dessert. My husband did get the correct dinner later once they recognized their mistake. Because of how apologetic they were and because the food was so good we would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulinvitingVIPDined on 10/28/2013This was our first time and we will return! The server was gracious and patient. The food was excellent and delicious!Special Features:
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2013Very small space but great food and exceptional service. Provided some complimentary shrimp and a taste of tiramisu. Special thing you rarely experience in restaurants these days! Lovely food and aroma of cooking tasty dishes.Special Features:
- excellent food! AccommodatinglovegoodrestaurantsDined on 10/19/2013excellent food! Accommodating for special diets....very friendly service...intimate......again, loved the food and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad dining experiencehelenDined on 10/4/2013it took 45 minutes before we got our jfood. We went there for lunch but we could not order from the lunch menu we had to order from the dinner menu. The waitress had no personality and was not helpful at all however the place itself was very neat and clean and the food was delicious. Would not recommend this place to a friend.
- Good Food. Bad Service.lovenorthendDined on 9/28/2013I had been here once before with a friend visiting from out of town. They gave our reserved table away and were not apologetic at all. The food was good but overall our service was pretty bad. Waitress was rude and unaccomodating. I decided to give this place a 2nd try one year later and.. same thing. When we arrived 3 minutes after our reservation time - the hostess said she had called me 3 times (I did not receive any calls) to make sure we were coming and ended up giving our table away - again. We were literally 3 minutes late. I don't think that warrants giving our table away. She was again very rude and almost yelling at me for not answering my phone. I would NOT go back. Really rude.
- This is a very tiny restaurantLizHVIPDined on 9/27/2013This is a very tiny restaurant with windows open to the street. You will be on top of your fellow diner. This is not a place to linger, they serve the food quickly and efficiently. We enjoyed a selection of the evening specials - spicy calamari (very spicy), tomato soup, lobster raviolli and lasagna. Unusual for the North End, they served dessert - an excellant tiramasuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMischVIPDined on 9/20/2013Was not seated until 30 min after reserv but bar was full so waited on sidewalk. Food was extremely subpar. The bread was nothing special. We ordered tomato soup which was slightly "off" somehow, maybe too bitter. My dish was average but the amount of olive oil coated your mouth (shrimp pesto with 4 shrimp). My friend's dish was not great (gnocchi + meat sauce). He ate it but I prob would have sent it back. Didn't get wine/cocktail so no comment. Last/worse thing: price was outrageous for the quality provided. It was $20+ for both dishes and $9 for the soup. Not worth it at all. Good: Service was above average. Wouldn't recommend it but not a disaster.Special Features:
- Recently dined out as a partydinesoutDined on 8/17/2013Recently dined out as a party of 8 on a busy Saturday night. Loved the small venue, food was good with adequate portions. Server was friendly and attentive in spite of busy atmosphere. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013The wait staff was great. The manager needs to be better organized. They were running out of everything. Wine, Coffee, Dessert. They explained that the manager had placed an order, but it had not come in. Perhaps the manager should be more on top of things, but our meals were very good and the price was reasonable!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience!MchoosearsDined on 8/10/2013Food was fantastic!!! Stuffed lobster, calamari, fra diavolo were all wonderful! The blood orange cosmos were outstanding! Great service - prompt and watchful. Great waiter. Prices great for quality and quantity.Just cant say enough good things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great fromOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2013Everything was great from food to staff. Very cleanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny gemFoodieFriendDined on 7/25/2013A very pleasant place, pretty and just special enough. But the food! Excellent overall, didn't like the Caesar salad, rather sweet,not to my taste, but fresh and crisp. Oslo Bucco delicious, and veal Oscar with pasta excellent. Big portions! Chef is a nice guy, obviously loves to cook Italian despite being Egyptian! Go!Special Features:
- nice spot in the North End...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2013Great little Italian spot, super close to the Garden for pre-game dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceMikeVIPDined on 6/29/2013Overall the food was very good. The fries calamari was probably the best I've ever had, and believe me, I've had a lot! The lobster ravioli was excellent but I wished they had used large shrimp in the sauce rather than little tiny once. For $28.95 I was kind of expecting that. The food was also presented very nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.