1101 Jackson Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passport-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 4023443200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mo Tajvar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater for any occasion at any where and any time.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 4 rooms that can accommodate from 2 to 200 diners for a private dinning.
- Private Party Contact: Mo Tajvar 4023443200
- Entertainment: Piano player on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Passport Restaurant
Passport is located in the historic Old Market and futures PRIME BEEF steaks as well as fresh and imported sea food as well as veal chop and pork entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Passport Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Restarant was closing itsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Restarant was closing its doors on May 26th. Sorry to see if go - very nice place.Special Features:
- Look Elsewhere for Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012After doing a bit of research online, we thought the Passport Restaurant would be a nice place to celebrate my wife’s birthday. We were wrong – this was probably one of the worst meals we have had in the Old Market area. The ambiance was nice and quiet, which was good for conversation. The table location was near a window, which offered a nice view outside. Beyond that, and the $70 bottle of wine I chose, the meal and service were severely lacking. It began with my order of a bottle of wine, which the waiter returned to the table and advised they no longer carried, though it remains on the wine list and the restaurant website. He simply told me I needed to order another, and stood waiting for my decision. Once we ordered our food (
- The Passport has been a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012The Passport has been a great place for either a quite romantic setting as well as larger group for a business dinner. The food/preparation and the staff experience is always a 10+Special Features:
- Nice restaurant but needsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012Nice restaurant but needs to get rid of the teribly outdated chairs and update the look of the restaurant ambiance some.Special Features:
- Beautiful ambience but not eAlexandraDined on 5/5/2012Very disappointing. Both salads that were ordered had way too much dressing. The person in the kitchen does not know how to dress a salad properly. The Alaskan King Crab Legs were fine but they had no utensils to eat it. When I asked for the small fish fork to eat the crab meat, the waiter said they didn't have any special forks. A restaurant of this calibre should always serve lobster or crab with special eating utencils. They did have beautiful piano music and ambience.Special Features:
- The food was good and deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012The food was good and delivered pretty quickly. That being said visits to the table by the waiter were few with long intervals between stops. We spent many minutes waiting to order and then to get the check. The person in charge of keeping the water glasses full bordered on annoying. If the water level dropped at all they stopped by the table and filled them. Getting a refill on tea was another matter. For the amount of people in the resturant I thought the noise level wss high. We would visit this resturant again.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!fullhouseDined on 5/4/2012Another fantastic evening enjoyed at the Passport! This is one of the special places to dine in Omaha. Our party of 9 had an excellent experience and can't wait to do it again!Special Features:
- This was my 4th dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012This was my 4th dinning experience at Passport. The service is proper, and wonderful. They have a nice selection of fish. Each time I've discovered a new favorite thing. Try the Tuna Avocado Stacker; "Heaven".Special Features:
- Food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2012Food was very good, service was very good,but was quite noisy. We enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- The restaurant was pricy,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012The restaurant was pricy, but food was good. Wish the waiter would have made it clearer that the salad and soups were extra. The soup was over $10 a bowl! Food was more salty than necessary. It was pretty empty inside for a Saturday night. I'm not sure why. The outside seating seemed busy though. When the restaurant is that empty on a beauftiful Saturday evening, it makes you a litter nervous. However, we had a very enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Wonderful service and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012Wonderful service and lovely atmosphere, but the food is lacking.Special Features:
- This was a solid experience.BirdBeakDined on 3/31/2012This was a solid experience. There were some specials not on the menu; I remembered only one. Had I remembered the others, I might have ordered one of them. The bread was decent; the calamari was plentiful and outstanding. Service was good and my drink was filled promptly when and before needed. The soft classical style music fit the environment, and someone began to play the piano was I was leaving. The steak, potatoes, and vegetables were good.Special Features:
- Go for the salmon!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012The main dish was good, best salmon we'd ever had. But we found the sides were lack luster.
- Great night with picky friends...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2012Excellent service. Damion nailed the wine recommendations for each individual, and listened and recommended great entrees for each person in our group. I really enjoyed the Veal, and crave the potatoes that came with it. I'll be back. Soon. So many other things to try.Special Features:
- Good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2012Passport was ok. We had great service, but the menu left a lot to be desired. It was very standard fare that could be updated. We sat inside which was nice since there was a pianist, however the piano was so loud we had to talk over it.Special Features:
- I have always wanted to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012I have always wanted to try this restaurant. The setting and service did not disappoint. However, for the price I could get a meal of the same quality at many other less expensive restaurants around town. I had the Ahi Tuna. It was cooked well, but the sauce was nothing special.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012We had a wonderful dinner with very good friends. We could not believe that we spent three hours eating and chatting.Special Features:
- Awesome mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Very nice! A little pricey but well worth it. Only two things I would say I would have made our envening more enjoyable would have been just a tad bit more light and the room was a little cold.Special Features:
- Passport filled all of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012Passport filled all of our expectations. The food, service, and atmosphere were wonderful. I have already recommended to a friend.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2012My food was ok. I think my big mistake was ordering an appletini because that over powered the taste of the food. My boyfriend thought his steak was the best he has had in a long time. He did not care for the lobster tail though. The server was excellent and all the other staff was very friendly. We would try it again and hold the alcohol until after dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012Damon was our server and he was outstanding. The service was perfect. He knew when to speak with us and other times he was invisible. It was an outstanding evening. It was not very busy the evening we were there and we talked with everyone. The entire staff was excellent!! The food was outstanding. My wife had the Halibut and I had a surf and turf special. A week later my wife is still talking about how good the fish was. My steak was perfect and had incredible flavor. We were intimidated because we had always heard how expensive Passport was, but for a high quality establishment it was not unrealistic. You pay for the quality of food and service and both were outstanding. We had a great evening out together and we will be back!!Special Features:
- We had great service for myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012We had great service for my husband's 50th. The gal that greeted us did such a nice job getting everyone in the back set up so they could surprise him before he walked in. We felt prices were a little high as our bill was 750.00 for 8 people so that was a little steep. Otherwise nice place to eat.Special Features:
- We went here for our holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012We went here for our holiday party. Food was decent. The servers were exceptional! They took very good care of you.Special Features:
- We went to passport becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012We went to passport because we had a gift certificate. Wow! For the amount of money I spent at passport I could have eaten the same food at outback THREE times! Except for the lobster bisque, the food is about the same. I have actually had a better steak across the street at upstream, for half the price.
- It's rare when you can findcidbliqDined on 12/31/2011It's rare when you can find seafood this fresh in Omaha -- the crab, shrimp, and fish were all excellent. The service was a bit slow, but they were very busy, so I'll cut them a break for it. However, the food was fantastic -- we've found a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Passport ReviewFrank53Dined on 12/24/2011Not living in Omaha but visiting often and needing to be there over the Christmas weekend, we made reservations at The Passport for Christmas Eve. I regret to report our experience was less than stellar. All three of the members in our dining party were disappointed, mostly for the presentation of the food. All three of us ordered different entrees but all three came with the exact same sides. I truly don't mind paying for good meals, I'm a believer in "You get what you pay for", however, for the money being spent, I would have expected a much better variety. While staff were friendly and courteous, service was slow, not many tables being served.
- Bad Experience for Christmas EverickyDined on 12/24/2011Our waiter would not pay any attention to us, he obviously had two other very important tables and didn't feel like we were important enough. The water/drink waitress took our order and got us everything we needed. When our food came, the main waiter served our food but never came back and checked on us or anything. Very poor service - we will never eat there again!
- An Omaha FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011We had an excellent anniversary dinner, my husband had the Lamb Chops and I had the Stuffed Shrimp, they were both prepared perfectly!! Very nice evening! Great service, and a meal you will talk about for days:) Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Way over priced. Would notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Way over priced. Would not recommend. Will not Be going back. Sorry.
- Great ambiance but took FOREVEROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Great ambiance but took FOREVER to get any food i.e. salads drinks - anything. Also. food was luke warm and lacked flavor. Not what I expected at that price. I don't mind paying that amount but it better be fabulous when I do!!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceGregSDined on 12/3/2011This was by far one of the best restaurants that we have ever dined at. The lobster bisque and lobster appetizer were awesome. I had a filet and my wife a bone in rib eye. Unlike many the bone in was extremely flavorful without a lot of fat. The caesar salad was a refreshing take on the classic - a bit lighter and excellent. The wine selections were very good. Our server was attentive yet unobtrusive. Overall a great find.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2011Service was outstanding. The lobster bisque is a taste sensation. I'd return for that alone. The crab stuffed shrimp will be recommended to my friends. Our evening was cozy and we truly enjoyed celebrating my wife's birthday together in your staff's capable hands. The hostess was so very friendly. She made us fell really welcome.Special Features:
- Great food and service. YouOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2011Great food and service. You never feel rushed eating here. Our favorite special occasion dining but also affordable for anytime.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2011Food was excellent, as was the service. The waiter was attentive but not overly so. He seemed to have perfect timing.Special Features:
- Nice romantic dining. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011Nice romantic dining. Food average. I could make home easily.Special Features:
- We were seated in a differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011We were seated in a different area because there was a wedding party in the normal dining area. The lights were too bright and did not lend well to the atmosphere. Food was delicious.
- Took awile to get waited on.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2011Took awile to get waited on. Wasn't in a hurry. Lobster bisque was 12- and did't taste one chunk of lobster. Tasted cream with maybe lobster juice. The tuna appetizer was ok. Expensive for taste. Steak was good, potatoes and veggies were great.Special Features:
- Overpriced and out datedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2011Omaha has a few great restaurants, with cost to match, this isn't one of them. The food was good, but not great... Especially not for the price. The menu is very dated, and overpriced. At 8 pm on a Saturday night, in the old market, we were one of two tables seated in the whole restaurant... That should have been a clue. Service was okay, but when you are the servers only table I guess you can't mess that up.