PassionFish - Reston VA
11960 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
PassionFish - Reston VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passionfishreston.com/passionfish.html
- Phone: 7032303474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Christopher Clime
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Passion Fish has a formal banquet room that will accommodate up to 50 guests seated. There is also a mezzanine level that is available for up to 70 guests. Both areas can also be configured for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Kathryn Grimes 703 230 3474
- Special Events: Special Dinners Monthly Ranging From $60 - $150 Per Guest All Inclusive Of Tax & Gratuity. Wine Dinners, Beer Dinners, Sushi & Sake Dinners, Chef Inspired Pairing Dinners - Each With Special Guests Representing The Winery, Brewery, etc.
A word from PassionFish - Reston VA
Passion Fish - Reston VA is dedicated to providing the finest quality, sustainable seafood available in an upscale/casual fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
PassionFish - Reston VA - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
PassionFish - Reston VA reviews from OpenTable diners
376 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (222)special occasion (222)neighborhood gem (130)romantic (116)great for lunch (108)good for groups (100)great for outdoor dining (99)notable wine list (89)vibrant bar scene (70)hot spot (69)great for brunch (22)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (6)Show More
- Food was fabulousFoodieLoveVIPDined on 10/22/2014As always, Passion Fish does not dissappoint! Service is fantastic, courteous and patient. Top notch! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RestonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014This was my first time to passion fish and it was amazing. I had the special which was sole with risotto and broccolini. Others in my group ordered the mussels, ciopinnio, and crab cakes. They also enjoyed theirs. The sole was cooked perfect and the sauce for the mussels was so tasty. Rob was our server and he was very knowledgable about the menu and described all the specials in full detail. All the staff was very friendly and professional. Would definitely come back to try the sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to entertainVicPicksDined on 10/21/2014Passion Fish has a upscale, enjoyable atmosphere. The wait staff is very good. Timing of food delivery was good. My friends enjoyed their meal, and I will go back. In the spring and summer, the outside dining area is good. The upper level dining area is quieter if you are having a dinner meeting.Special Features:
- Favorite Fish RestaurantNYCdinerDined on 10/20/2014This is our "go to" restaurant for consistent tasty seafood. A little pricey but worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine4usDined on 10/19/2014Great place for fish and seafood - both raw and cooked. All four of us really enjoyed our appetizers and our entrees. The wine list was appropriate for the menu. Some of us had enjoyed lunch there previously, but this was a first time for dinner for all of us. We all agree that we will return for dinner very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening DateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014I've eaten lunch at Passion Fish many times but this was my first evening experience. I was on a date and we were given a nice table for two on the second floor. Overall the noise level wasn't too bad. Service was very good and food was very good as well. It is what I'd call a casual dinner atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensively Priced-Moderately GoodDisappointedDinersDined on 10/18/2014Passion Fish is a good restaurant, just good, not great. For eating at this good restaurant, you pay very high prices and eat just good food. In my opinion, Passion Fish has gone downhill since its' opening. The food is good, the service is very good, but the food does not measure up to the price you pay for it. Bottom line, there are many good restaurants in this area, most of which cost far less for their offerings than does Passion Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok dining experienceGoodFishDinnerDined on 10/17/2014We were seated at a table that eventually felt like we were in the middle of a cyclone, wait staff running circles around us. Having gone to the trouble to make a reservation a week in advance I expected a better table. The appetizers were good as well as the fish dinners of my three fellow diners. Unfortunately I ordered the crab cakes (at 38.00 very expensive) that were fair at best. They had a few too many shells inside, just a little fishy taste at the bottom of the cakes and a little over cooked for my taste. Service was very good. I would still recommend PassionFish to friends but I am reluctant to go back myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairfaxfoodiesDined on 10/16/2014We love this restaurant! Food and service is always amazing. An adult restaurant where you can have an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointseatsoutalotDined on 10/10/2014Always a good choice for fresh fish. The Whole Crispy Flounder is a favorite as is the Char Grilled Whole Branzino. The Smoked Bacon Collards are a wonderful side dish that never disappoints. There is always a wonderful selection of fresh oysters from the raw bar. I have never been disappointed with my dining experience at PassionFish.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Our waitress Ronnie was amazing. Food was perfectSpecial Features:
- Shane is the Manjjflash2013Dined on 10/10/2014Great service as always by the guy in the title. Never overbearing, on target. The mahi mahi was great, loved the collard green side and the spicy eggplant - nice accompaniment to the swordfish. We opted for the Spanish white over the Sancerre which actually worked well. Really great dining experience, highly recommend.Special Features:
- mehmetVIPDined on 10/7/2014The noise level is moderate only if you sit upstairs or go at an off peak time. I like to be able to converse without shouting with the person I am with, so noise levels are significant in my choice of restaurants. The sushi here is fantastic--be sure to try the Hawaii rolls if they have them as a special. The wine list is quite good and has reasonably priced bottles as well as the usual expense account bottles.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Strong business lunch option. Food service was quick allowing either longer converstation or a short lunch - needed when time is a concern.Special Features:
- AmazingTheTiggysDined on 10/5/2014Fabulous Dinner Love this place. My meal reminded me of the amazing fish we had in Hawaii. I had, and highly recommend: --shrimp cocktail (huge) --butternut squash lobster bisque --heirloom salad (with special cheese from Italy but tomato season ending soon) --macadamia nut encrusted Mahi Mahi on green papaya salad w/pineapple and some sauce which was a bit nutty. --apple cobbler with vanilla honey ice creamSpecial Features:
- One of our FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014Requested corner booth on the second floor when I made our reservation, which was accommodated. We had the Geisha Roll and Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail as starters. We have had many "Jumbo" shrimp cocktails and we both felt the shrimp was more medium sized. Disappointment. The Geisha Roll is a favorite of ours and didn't disappoint. Dinner hit the mark. Lacy did a great job of serving us but gave us our privacy to celebrate my husbands birthday. We'll be back.Special Features:
- ExcellentNJ23456VIPDined on 10/4/2014great evening - fantastic service in particular. Food was delicious - particularly the crab cakesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014Menu looked promising, though over-priced. The food was mediocre. The corn and crab soup was fine, nothing spectacular. The grilled octopus was slightly overdone. The falafel under it was horribly dry and tasteless. The tzatziki on it was sticky and rubbery, also tasteless--and a strange accompaniment to the olives. The server was mediocre--she was clearly not happy with her job and knew nothing about the wines or cocktails. the hostess and runners and busboys were great. The ambiance was beautiful inside. We opted to eat outdoors and when it started pouring, some of the rain was coming to us. the server never offered to move us to a table closer to the building away from the rain even though there was only one other table full.Special Features:
- disappointed in treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2014We had been here previously for our anniversary & were expecting the same treatment. We thought we would get acknowledged that it was our anniversary and in the past they've given us a free dessert & a better table. We had a horrible table location and no acknowledgement of our anniversary though I specifically told them in the reservation what we were celebrating. Our waiters in the past on our anniversary have acknowledged it and have even brought us a keepsake scroll with the menu and date. We were disappointed in our treatment of this special occasion this time around. And we will likely not come back for future anniversaries. We didn't even get asked if we wanted dessert this time - free or not - just no mention at all of it. Unhappy!
- Private Board DinnerMimaDined on 10/1/2014The experience was outstanding. The Board and executives enjoyed their experience tremendously. From the ambience, customer service, quality of food, just superb! I highly recommend Passion Fish.Special Features:
- PassionFish - Reston Virginia......nococonutDined on 9/30/2014This is a very nice but expensive restaurant. It is noisy on the first floor but we were located upstairs toward the rear so that we could easily talk. With one appetizer, one glass of wine plus two entrees with one side the bill came to just under $100 before tip. The bread slices provided at the beginning were meant to be something like pita chips so you could spread the nice dip on it. To me it was just stale, dry bread. They can do better. For the appetizer I selected heirloom tomatoes with a special mozzarella topping that was just superb. The salmon was also excellent as was my wife's shrimp. The waiter was reasonably attentive and very pleasant. We will probably revisit for another special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014some of the best sushi I've had in a long time. Fish was so fresh, it melted like butter in your mouth. The only thing is I wish they had more options - 3 of the 6 rolls they offer are spicy/hot. Even so, we tried one and it wasn't too bad ... but I wish they offered more variety.Special Features:
- Don't Changealexkate429VIPDined on 9/27/2014Loved the food. The service was great. We went back a couple of nights later. And the martinis were consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun,good food.DibsDined on 9/27/2014Food was tasty, creative and well prepared . Service was very good and quick but not rushed. Drinks were a little skimpy. The restaurant is very open and was a bit noisy because voices carry and here was a very loud lady near us. But overall I would recommend the restaurant.. We were there on a saturday so that could account for the noisiness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance - Bad Service2forthechefstableVIPDined on 9/26/2014Don't go here for sushi. Service is a bit slow and our specific waiter was rude and condescending. Otherwise, the restaurant decor and ambiance is great!
- Nice upscale seafood restaurantBManDined on 9/26/2014We had a very nice dining experience at PassionFish. Very good service. Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceeatingoutDined on 9/26/2014The food was very good; the fish perfectly done. The bread that is brought to the table is an accident waiting to happen! Instead of a small basket of fresh bread, the customer is brought a nice dish of softened butter and slices of baguette that have been toasted (too much) and left to dry. They were difficult to bite into, even using my molars. I feared a cracked tooth! Needless to say, I ate only one, so the delicious butter went unused! This could be easily remedied and I hope the stale, dry bread becomes a thing of the past.
- Great foodAdamVIPDined on 9/23/2014If you like seafood you will love Passion Fish. Cool decor great service and great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave It a Tryalexkate429VIPDined on 9/22/2014We are visiting Reston and I looked on Open Table for suggestions. My husband wanted fish (not seafood). So we picked PassionFish and it was great. Have the crab cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service OK, too $$ for OKeaterVIPDined on 9/21/2014I took my husband to Passion Fish for his birthday and noted that on the reservation, I was disappointed that the wait staff didn't make some sort of effort to recognize it. We ordered a half dozen oysters and we're pretty sure they were given to another table that came in and ordered much later than us. We waited nearly 45 minutes for them! I do commend the general manager for recognizing the problem and comping them. We ordered a few appetizers because none of the main entrees really appealed. The food is OK but it's very pricey for what it is. Our experience reminded me of why we don't eat here more often.
- Great special occasion place.AAWHADined on 9/19/2014The entries and desserts were fabulous. The service was excellent. My husband and I had a scenic table for two, with great wine and charming ambience. It is perfect to wind down after a busy week.Special Features:
- YumCoopDined on 9/15/2014Love the trout. Love the sushi. Have been looking to come back after a great first visit. Was not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbertDined on 9/14/2014As always, the food was outstanding, the ambience excellent with high ceilings and nice lighting. Compared with previous visits, we found the service somewhat inattentive and we had to summon other waietrs for water and bread, etc.Special Features:
- Excellent Seafood RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always enjoy dining at Passionfish -- either in restaurant or at the bar. We had gumbo, salad and sushi and all were very good. Their fish entrees looked very good but compared with other restaurants in the area, seem a bit overpriced. I would expect to pay a little more for a fine dining experience but not as much as $10 or more per entree.Special Features:
- IslandSunset99Dined on 9/13/2014Fresh food of the best quality. Exceptional service by our waiter/Kenny and the entire wait staff. Loved the Tiger Roll, Pan Seared Sea Scallops and the Red Curry Thai Lobster Claypot. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, Pricey, OK ServiceJimGDined on 9/13/2014Great food! The downstairs dining room is very noisy, and the upstairs slightly less so, but still quite loud. We had the crab and corn soup which was superb. The salmon was done perfectly and was a generous portion. The Pacific Haddock dish was also a very generous portion and the flavors and preparation were excellent. In both cases, the fish was done perfectly, and was succulent and juicy with a crispy crust. The server was knowledgeable and well-trained, but I think she was serving too many tables, as we were waiting significantly for wine pours many times (and the wine was $69 !).Overall, it was an excellent meal that could be improved by reducing the noise level and improving the service (by having fewer tables per server).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everybody in our group really enjoyed their meal at Passion Fish. Food was delicious and service was excellent. We will come again!Special Features:
- fishluverVIPDined on 9/12/2014As usual the cuisine, preparation, and service was outstanding. Passionfish definitely has a fare for matching flavors.The spices and greens complement the fish wonderfully.Special Features:
- Disappointed again.ReluctantFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Go to Passionfish about once a year, and feel I have paid too much, gotten less than I wanted. Oysters STELLAR. Seviche too sweet. Scallop entree overcooked to the point of losing the sweetness of the scallop and are too firm. The spaetzel underneath was dry and bland. My wife had beet salad which was also overly sweet, and the VERY expensive Thai lobster dish that had too much sweet, and not enough lobster. Given falling price of lobsters that should have been 1/2 the price, 50% more lobster. Cocktails (my manhattan and wife's gin martini) were near to perfect. Wine list has great choices at all price points. Service was warm, helpful, but constantly looking for someone to fill a water glass! You need to step up your game Chef Tunks!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Went there for my wedding anniversary. I requested a quiet table and was seated upstairs in a circular booth overlooking the restaurant. Had a perfect evening, with excellent food, and great service. Will definitely eat there again.Special Features: