PassionFish - Reston VA
11960 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
PassionFish - Reston VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passionfishreston.com/passionfish.html
- Phone: 7032303474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Christopher Clime
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Passion Fish has a formal banquet room that will accommodate up to 50 guests seated. There is also a mezzanine level that is available for up to 70 guests. Both areas can also be configured for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Kathryn Grimes 703 230 3474
- Special Events: Special Dinners Monthly Ranging From $60 - $150 Per Guest All Inclusive Of Tax & Gratuity. Wine Dinners, Beer Dinners, Sushi & Sake Dinners, Chef Inspired Pairing Dinners - Each With Special Guests Representing The Winery, Brewery, etc.
A word from PassionFish - Reston VA
Passion Fish - Reston VA is dedicated to providing the finest quality, sustainable seafood available in an upscale/casual fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
PassionFish - Reston VA - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
PassionFish - Reston VA reviews from OpenTable diners
414 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (234)fit for foodies (206)neighborhood gem (129)great for lunch (126)romantic (119)great for outdoor dining (110)good for groups (101)notable wine list (94)vibrant bar scene (76)hot spot (72)great for brunch (32)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (17)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great client lunchzanexecVIPDined on 8/19/2014Server was spot on, friendly but not obsequious...a great representative of the restaurant. I have an allergy and he was quick to point out that one of my selections included those foods to which I am allergic. This restaurant is a wonderful place for clients, dressy enough for sophisticated but comfortable enough for casual dining.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week, having never been before. We loved all our food! Our server was outstanding! We can't wait to go back! I enjoyed that they use local, in season ingredients. One person got the whole flounder and it was a great dish! Fun to see at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite seafood restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Second time at PassionFish to celebrate a special anniversary. Could not be more pleased with this restaurant in Reston Town Center! Menu selections are impressive, food is excellent (love their "Corn & Crab Soup"), service is excellent. We'll be back many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good ...PassionateeaterDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is quite consistent in offering excellent food; glad to here another PassionFish is on its way to Bethesda. Hopefully, once the Bethesda opening is complete they'll consider Arlington/Falls Church.
- Service was slow and carelessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Before our dessert came to the table, I had asked the waitress to box mine up because I had to leave early. After I had signed my check, I had to wait another 10-15 minutes for my boxed dessert to come out. The other parties of my table had already eaten their dessert by the time I had received mine to go. AND what is worse is that later I discovered that the dessert wasn't even what I ordered...it was someone else's left over food! I called the restaurant to inform them of this mix up and told them I had reservations for the next night to come for dinner. They said they would put a note down that they would give us the dessert then. They never did. I use to think this restaurant was nice and special...not so much anymore...Special Features:
- Disappointing 3 hours for 3 coursesruprecktDined on 8/16/2014The food was only pretty good -- especially for the Restaurant Week price, though the desserts were underwhelming (pana cotta and creme brule). But the service was glacial at best. It was 30 minutes after being seated before I received water or my Old Fashioned. Our waiter disappeared for long stretches of time -- perhaps we were his only table on the patio that he was responsible for? It was really disappointing because our previous experiences here were all top notch. Sure the restaurant was busy, but that's no excuse.Special Features:
- Seafood HeavenSherfDined on 8/16/2014If you love seafood, Passion Fish is the place to go. The menu revolves around different delicious components from the ocean. Each dish we had presented seafood in a completely different way from the heirloom tomato gazpacho with lobster, to the California roll with salmon and tuna appetizers. The entrees we enjoyed were the macademia encrusted halibut and a whole fried flounder that melted in my mouth. Both dished were outstanding. We ended the meal with a decadent chocolate bomb covered in a chocolate ganache with crunchy bits on the bottom. Our waiter Allen was so informative and his explanations of the dishes made my mouth water. Thank goodness the meal did not disappoint.Special Features:
- In the mood for fish?RonaldDined on 8/16/2014We ate Saturday dinner at PassionFish during Restaurant Week. What a fine dinning experience. Unlike with some restaurants the RW menu was not a cut-down version. The appetizer and dessert choices were representative and the entrée could be selected from the whole dinner menu. We both decided on the seafood gumbo, which was spicy and nicely presented. Our cod and halibut dishes were delectable with rich, tasty sauces. The chocolate mousse was a dark chocolate lover's dream and the peaches and blueberries with ice cream was a fine complement. Our server had a real command of the menu, giving helpful suggestions and guidance. The only distraction in this fine meal was the noise level, which didn't seem to bother anyone else. A-1 evening.Special Features:
- TerrificLynnemVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent we had the special and it was very good a great evening with friendsSpecial Features:
- FoodieVADined on 8/16/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian & SeafoodwinendineVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful restaurant! Fabulous food, beautiful dining room, outdoor seating, and gracious service! Chef Jeff Tunks knows how to put a restaurant together! Its one of his 7 other restaurants in the metro area, each with a different flair and cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time.luvgoodfood2Dined on 8/15/2014Dined there during restaurant week and was very impressed. The food was excellent and prices manageable. I would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightKelsLPDined on 8/15/2014We had a great time at Passionfish this past Friday night! We decided to go out for Restaurant Week and were not disappointed. Our server was fantastic, enthusiastic, and even when we didn't care for the jambalaya, he quickly exchanged it for a appetizer we liked. The Lobster clay pot that they are known for was pretty good but not the most amazing. The creme brulee dessert was delicious. All in all it was a great time and I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2014One of the nicest dining rooms in N Va, with a broad, mostly seafood-based menu. Everything is high quality and well-prepared. My only complaint is some of the other diners. This is a very nice restaurant--you may want to dress better than you do when you mow your lawn. At least take off the baseball cap.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We visited for RW. Everything was perfect from the service, the food, and the wine. The RW promotion is exceedingly generous. PassionFish is our go-to place for special occasions as well.Special Features:
- fooddocDined on 8/15/2014It was crowded due to restaurant week. Wait a little despite reservation. Table was nice. Service was outstanding. Portion of food was regular from menu so large quantity, more than you can eat. Overall outstanding experience. Food was salty, should have ask in advance to keep the salt down. Great experience, would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Yum Yum YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went during the Restaurant Week and got the 3 course dinner for $35. Our first impression of the restaurant was that it was huge! We took our 2 little ones with us and since the table we got for 4 people was such a big table, my kids enjoyed having their own space as they were looking at all the fish decors on the walls. The seafood we got were excellent! Even my kids cleaned their plates quietly and quickly. The service was superb and our waiter made sure we finished each course before he delivered the next course. That gave us plenty of time to enjoy each course and gave us a little break between each course as well. For the kids menu, you can't pass deals like $3 dollar sides dishes! Overall, we had a wonderful experience there!Special Features:
- not bad, better than averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014I went during RW with a friend. We ordered the following: Meal 1 (ceviche, lobster clay pot, creme brulee), Meal 2 (heirloom tomato salad, scallops, mousse), raw oysters, and pinot noir. The complimentary bread that came out was rock hard. It was so loud to chew that I couldn't hear my friend speak. The appetizers were well presented and I found my tomato salad to be flavorful. The entrees were great. Full of flavor, seafood was perfectly cooked, and the flavors and textures were balanced. The deserts were standard, although I, personally, did not care for the bright orange puree that came with the mousse. I was happily pleased with the place, but not blown away. The prices are a bit steep, but not out of the ordinary for the RTC.Special Features:
- Not GoodKwitcherDined on 8/15/2014The crab cakes were the best that we have ever had. The crab soup was ok. The bread was not good at all. I would serve a new type of bread. The mac and cheese was good. The greens had too much vinegar in them. They were tough. Overall, the experience was ok. This was our first time visiting your restaurant. We paid 50% the cost due to restaurant week. I would come back to your restaurant again even if it was 50% off.
- OK Dining ExperienceBradestDined on 8/15/2014We went her for Restaurant Week. The food was OK, but nothing great. Had Crab Soup which was pretty bland. Fish sandwich had rubbery fish, but great french fries. Dessert selections were minimal, and Panna Cotta was forgettable. Would not recommend due to high price for average food.
- great place at RTCflydudeDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant has great food and great service. I came for lunch and stayed for dinner...actually came back for dinner the same night. These guys know how to do restaurant week, better than most restaurants which only offer a very limited selection. Passionfish allows you to choose anything from their entree menu....really makes it worth it!Special Features:
- Date NighthpycoupleDined on 8/14/2014Took my fiance here for restaurant week. The service was great. Had a reservation at 830, and was taken to our table once we arrived. Our waiter was friendly and was able to answer all questions we had about the menu. Food came out quickly even though it look like a busy night. best dish of the night was the grilled octopus. It was tender and had a nice charcoal flavor to it.Special Features:
- Unbelievable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Every time I go I think it can't get better but it does. Hands down the best sushi in the area. Love the seasonal choices as well. Had halibut with papaya slaw and it was delicious! I tell all my friends to go. Great food, great service, great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Under PressuredeslikeDined on 8/14/2014It was a beautiful summer night and although our table was ready early, we opted to wait for the patio. Being restaurant week it was busy, but the staff was pleasant and proficient. Our waiter was patient and the food came out incredibly fast. There were no problems with our order and everything we had was enjoyable. Now I'm looking for my next excuse to go back here.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week GemspazzydancerDined on 8/14/2014Great Restaurant Week pick! Large menu variety for lunch. I had the ceviche (delicious) and salmon with roasted vegetables (perfect crust and seasoning, a smidge over-done). Dessert was the chocolate mousse which made my whole week.Special Features:
- Highly recommended for lunch.enamiDined on 8/14/2014PassionFish continues to amaze in its food presentation and menu. It also is true bargain during restaurant week. I highly recommend the restaurant for the dining experience and menu selections.Special Features:
- Not my type of flavorBookclubdinerDined on 8/14/2014I went to Passion Fish during Restaurant Week so I had an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. I couldn't eat the crab and corn chowder because there was a kick to it which didn't agree with me. I don't know what they put in it. They brought me an Heirloom Tomato salad in its place which was fantastic! The salmon came well done and I had ordered it medium. They did bring a generous portion of fish. The blueberry panna cotta for dessert was okay. I went with a friend who was not too crazy about her meal either. The other friend did like it. I ate at this restaurant a couple of years ago and had liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceEpicureanDined on 8/13/2014PassionFish is one of my favorite restaurants. Seafood selections are nice and sushi outstanding.Special Features:
- alwaysgoodalwaysgoodDined on 8/13/2014so good I am going back this friday night. Service is outstanding and the food is delicious. Just a little noisy upstairs but that should not stop you. Great bar food options as well. And it is right in the middle of Reston Town Center.Special Features:
- fire that serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014service was terrible. waitress was rude and inhospitable. made us not want to come back.
- Good cevichemps313Dined on 8/13/2014The ceviche and tilapia were excellent, the California roll an acquired taste. The salads are worth a try. It is expensive, the portions are not large but you get quality, inventively prepared seafood. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect swordfishfrugaldinerDined on 8/12/2014It is so easy to ruin swordfish - freeze it, under cook, overcook. My swordfish was the best I think it can be - and the rest of the food was great, too. I garden, so I know how old the salad ingredients are, and these were very fresh. The sweet potato fries were great and enough for two (or maybe three...) people. And all at restaurant week prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week DinnerJackVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went with friends for the summer RW dinner which was great. They offer a very diverse selection of appetizers and the full choice of their regular entrees. We had the corn/crab soup, hearts of romaine salad and the CA roll to start-all were delicious followed by Alaskan Salmon, red snapper and halibut that was truly outstaning and you just can not beat the chocolate mousse for dessert. As always, service was superb--a real treat!!!Special Features:
- First Time LunchMarshaHRDined on 8/12/2014We usually eat dinner or go to happy hour. Late afternoon lunch was a real treat! Food was great except desert....it was pretty tasteless! Great waiter!Special Features:
- DecentSuburbanFoodieDined on 8/12/2014I went here for Restaurant Week and I appreciate that you can pick /any/ entree for lunch, it's just that it still excludes fresh catches. Their dessert options were great though, and I like this one cocktail they had made with cava and grapefruit juice.Special Features:
- Have to go again!geenhuyDined on 8/11/2014This is the second time I've been here and this time I brought my brother with me. He loves to cook and loves good food, and he definitely loved Passionfish. Our waiter was also super great. We had a good time and will have to come again, I'm already craving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandyVIPDined on 8/11/2014It was a wonderful dinner and our waiter was the very bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week findtkw1Dined on 8/11/2014Tried Passion Fish during restaurant week. Great experience. May be a little pricey for us on a regular basis, but worth every bit!!!Special Features:
- Love, love, loveAndieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Have always had a great meal at PassionFish and I was not disappointed even during restaurant week. Went with friends for a birthday lunch celebration and everything was delicious, service was impeccable and our guest of honor was made to feel special without embarrassment. I love soft shell crabs and my tempura soft shell crab salad was the best ever. With so many great choices I could have gone back every day this week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/11/2014not a fan of the panna cotta. Probably the worst Ive ever had. loved the salmon.Special Features: