PassionFish - Reston VA
11960 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
PassionFish - Reston VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passionfishreston.com/passionfish.html
- Phone: (703) 230-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Christopher Clime
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Passion Fish has a formal banquet room that will accommodate up to 50 guests seated. There is also a mezzanine level that is available for up to 70 guests. Both areas can also be configured for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Kathryn Grimes 703 230 3474
- Special Events: Special Dinners Monthly Ranging From $60 - $150 Per Guest All Inclusive Of Tax & Gratuity. Wine Dinners, Beer Dinners, Sushi & Sake Dinners, Chef Inspired Pairing Dinners - Each With Special Guests Representing The Winery, Brewery, etc.
A word from PassionFish - Reston VA
Passion Fish - Reston VA is dedicated to providing the finest quality, sustainable seafood available in an upscale/casual fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
PassionFish - Reston VA - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
PassionFish - Reston VA reviews from OpenTable diners
364 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (218)special occasion (218)neighborhood gem (129)romantic (103)good for groups (102)great for lunch (99)notable wine list (91)great for outdoor dining (84)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (63)great for brunch (21)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (8)Show More
- Passion Fish Was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Everything here was very nice, from the reservation to the service. The food was very good with a nice variety to choose from. The Beet Salad was amazing. I requested quite seating for a one on one meeting with a VIP from out of town, and the attention to that request was a priority. Passion Fish Cost vs. Quality was perfectly aligned and is a place I would recomend to anyone looking for a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but the Thai Lobster is Not a Good DealAndyVIPDined on 11/16/2014While we loved everything we ordered, I thought the Thai Lobster Hot Pot, one of their signature and most expensive dishes, was not worth the money. Don't get me wrong, the red Thai curry sauce is really good, but it's no better than you would find at a good Thai restaurant, though you probably couldn't get it with lobster there. This is the first time I've ever had a criticism about anything I ordered at Passionfish, so I recommend dining there and ordering something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good but a couple ho hum dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Great soups! Had the lobster bisque and crab soup. The halibut was great as always. My rockfish with salsa verde was underwhelming. Wouldn't recommend the apple crisp for dessert. The apples were undercooked. I have had other desserts there and they were much better. Service was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at a priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Passion Fish offers superior quality food well prepared and professionally served in a comfortable and elegant environment. One of the few non-chain restaurants in Reston Town Center. Just be prepared to pay a premium for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DineFoodManchuDined on 11/12/2014Excellent dining experience. Service great. Good for all occasions and always a good bet for whatever dining experience you want to have with friends or business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining Delight!Sharon8HereDined on 11/10/2014This restaurant stands above most, with excellent service and delicious food. I requested a good table, because it was my birthday. I was delightfully surprised by the waiter greeting me with, "Happy Birthday Sharon!" Our menus also had "Happy Birthday Sharon!" on the top of the page! They gave me a copy of it, scrolled up with a ribbon. I believe we got the best seat in the house! Our dining experience was wonderful. The food was deliciously prepared. It's obvious that the chef puts love and care into preparing each dish. The wine was also delicious! My husband and I had 2 hours of magic! I highly recommend this restaurant, but you need to make reservations. Weekends can be a 3-hour wait for walk-ins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great hereFoodPassionDined on 11/8/2014I have been going here for a while now. This is my favorite place to go in Reston! They serve smoked whitefish spread and crostini instead of bread and butter which is a nice change. The crab cakes and oysters are always great. There are several unusual dishes such as Kung Pao Calamari the Lobster Claypot but the chefs make them work perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteJHP3Dined on 11/7/2014I took my wife to PassionFish for her birthday. We wanted to avoid going into DC. This place rocked. The entrees and the raw bar were perfect. The service was top notch. The GM even came by the table during and after our meal to make sure everything was just right. It was!Special Features:
- There is better seafood RestaurantsChuckDined on 11/7/2014You can go to Bone Fish Grill and pay 1/3 the price better value and tasting mealSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Excellent fresh fish. Excellent service. A little noisy -it's obvious this place is a hot spot. Pricey but definitely worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but still have bugsfoodfiendVIPDined on 11/5/2014I love this restaurant. It is beautiful and the food and service are fantastic, but they still have bugs flying around.Special Features:
- Good foodJosyVIPDined on 11/4/2014The service was friendly & professional. Food was delicious. Tasted my son's order of lobster mac&cheese, it was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014Very good food, but a little overpriced and portions on the small side. Very buttery and creamy. Wait staff very attentive and knowledgable. Best deal is the happy hour food, which is similar to the main menu appetizers yet at half price.Special Features:
- DinnermdhdDined on 11/1/2014Overall very nice. Good food. Nice quiet atmosphere Bus services need more training. They were attempting to take the dish away. More than once we told them we still working on it. Would we come back? YesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014Believe food is overpriced but what you get is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passionate for PFJB1101BDined on 11/1/2014We went to PassionFish for my birthday dinner and it was outstanding! We started with sushi, octopus and the ceviche and had delicious champagne, grilled swordfish and the Cioppino. We had our 12-year old with us and she loved everything too - especially her mock-tail of assorted juices with a sugar rim.Special Features:
- Halloween EscapeRuggerVIPDined on 10/31/2014This was our third time a Passion Fish and it may have been the best. The food was superb with excellent service.Special Features:
- Passionfish Never DisappointsDCDinerDined on 10/29/2014My most recent visit was divine and made me wonder why I don't go even more often. I love the halibut with macadamia nut crust. I brought someone from out of town and he was very favorable about his grilled fish special. Great mixed drinks and atmosphere.Special Features:
- first time, definitely not the lastpshiflettDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I came to passionfish to celebrate our first anniversary. Upon arrival and telling the host our name we were congratulated on our anniversary. We were seated right away at a great table overlooking the restaurant, our host came back right afterwards and ushered us to an even better table and acknowedged our anniversary. This was too nice! When we received our menus they had been customized just for us wishing us a happy 1st anniversary. They definitely went above and beyond. The food and drinks were amazing hurricanes, reston rootbeer, sushi, crabcakes, steak, and house fudge. Everything was fantastic, our server Ashley, I believe, was super attentive and patient with us. Great experience, will recommend/return. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happ Birthday Bash!VKlipperDined on 10/25/2014Five of us went to celebrate 4 birthdays and had a ball. John, the waiter, was loads of fun and attended to our every need. They knew it was a birthday and each of our menus said "Happy 60th Birthday" at the top..a great touch. Dinner was fabulous and everyone enjoyed their meal. The rockfish was especially good. We shared desserts and the chocolate crunchy one was over the top! If you have to get older (!!), it was a perfect evening to usher in a new decade!Special Features:
- Food was fabulousFoodieLoveVIPDined on 10/22/2014As always, Passion Fish does not dissappoint! Service is fantastic, courteous and patient. Top notch! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RestonYummytummyDined on 10/21/2014This was my first time to passion fish and it was amazing. I had the special which was sole with risotto and broccolini. Others in my group ordered the mussels, ciopinnio, and crab cakes. They also enjoyed theirs. The sole was cooked perfect and the sauce for the mussels was so tasty. Rob was our server and he was very knowledgable about the menu and described all the specials in full detail. All the staff was very friendly and professional. Would definitely come back to try the sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to entertainVicPicksDined on 10/21/2014Passion Fish has a upscale, enjoyable atmosphere. The wait staff is very good. Timing of food delivery was good. My friends enjoyed their meal, and I will go back. In the spring and summer, the outside dining area is good. The upper level dining area is quieter if you are having a dinner meeting.Special Features:
- Favorite Fish RestaurantNYCdinerDined on 10/20/2014This is our "go to" restaurant for consistent tasty seafood. A little pricey but worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine4usDined on 10/19/2014Great place for fish and seafood - both raw and cooked. All four of us really enjoyed our appetizers and our entrees. The wine list was appropriate for the menu. Some of us had enjoyed lunch there previously, but this was a first time for dinner for all of us. We all agree that we will return for dinner very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening DateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014I've eaten lunch at Passion Fish many times but this was my first evening experience. I was on a date and we were given a nice table for two on the second floor. Overall the noise level wasn't too bad. Service was very good and food was very good as well. It is what I'd call a casual dinner atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensively Priced-Moderately GoodDisappointedDinersDined on 10/18/2014Passion Fish is a good restaurant, just good, not great. For eating at this good restaurant, you pay very high prices and eat just good food. In my opinion, Passion Fish has gone downhill since its' opening. The food is good, the service is very good, but the food does not measure up to the price you pay for it. Bottom line, there are many good restaurants in this area, most of which cost far less for their offerings than does Passion Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok dining experienceGoodFishDinnerDined on 10/17/2014We were seated at a table that eventually felt like we were in the middle of a cyclone, wait staff running circles around us. Having gone to the trouble to make a reservation a week in advance I expected a better table. The appetizers were good as well as the fish dinners of my three fellow diners. Unfortunately I ordered the crab cakes (at 38.00 very expensive) that were fair at best. They had a few too many shells inside, just a little fishy taste at the bottom of the cakes and a little over cooked for my taste. Service was very good. I would still recommend PassionFish to friends but I am reluctant to go back myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairfaxfoodiesDined on 10/16/2014We love this restaurant! Food and service is always amazing. An adult restaurant where you can have an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service failsPassionateeaterDined on 10/16/2014Great restaurant and excellent food but a service program is definitely needed; the wait staff is green. The last three times I've eaten at this restaurant I have experienced service issues which should not occur at this level of dining. While a waiter finger-drumming on the table does not sound like much, when it goes on for minutes and distracts from the specials and continues while you order it becomes totally annoying and frankly way to informal for dining at this level. Waiters do seem to have a tempo problem and have disappeared for long periods of the meals. There doesn't seem to be any management orchestrating the dining room; it is needed. Would go back for the food, but really hope they get the service training issues corrected.Special Features:
- Never DisappointseatsoutalotDined on 10/10/2014Always a good choice for fresh fish. The Whole Crispy Flounder is a favorite as is the Char Grilled Whole Branzino. The Smoked Bacon Collards are a wonderful side dish that never disappoints. There is always a wonderful selection of fresh oysters from the raw bar. I have never been disappointed with my dining experience at PassionFish.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Our waitress Ronnie was amazing. Food was perfectSpecial Features:
- Shane is the Manjjflash2013Dined on 10/10/2014Great service as always by the guy in the title. Never overbearing, on target. The mahi mahi was great, loved the collard green side and the spicy eggplant - nice accompaniment to the swordfish. We opted for the Spanish white over the Sancerre which actually worked well. Really great dining experience, highly recommend.Special Features:
- mehmetVIPDined on 10/7/2014The noise level is moderate only if you sit upstairs or go at an off peak time. I like to be able to converse without shouting with the person I am with, so noise levels are significant in my choice of restaurants. The sushi here is fantastic--be sure to try the Hawaii rolls if they have them as a special. The wine list is quite good and has reasonably priced bottles as well as the usual expense account bottles.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Strong business lunch option. Food service was quick allowing either longer converstation or a short lunch - needed when time is a concern.Special Features:
- AmazingTheTiggysDined on 10/5/2014Fabulous Dinner Love this place. My meal reminded me of the amazing fish we had in Hawaii. I had, and highly recommend: --shrimp cocktail (huge) --butternut squash lobster bisque --heirloom salad (with special cheese from Italy but tomato season ending soon) --macadamia nut encrusted Mahi Mahi on green papaya salad w/pineapple and some sauce which was a bit nutty. --apple cobbler with vanilla honey ice creamSpecial Features:
- One of our FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014Requested corner booth on the second floor when I made our reservation, which was accommodated. We had the Geisha Roll and Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail as starters. We have had many "Jumbo" shrimp cocktails and we both felt the shrimp was more medium sized. Disappointment. The Geisha Roll is a favorite of ours and didn't disappoint. Dinner hit the mark. Lacy did a great job of serving us but gave us our privacy to celebrate my husbands birthday. We'll be back.Special Features:
- ExcellentNJ23456VIPDined on 10/4/2014great evening - fantastic service in particular. Food was delicious - particularly the crab cakesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014Menu looked promising, though over-priced. The food was mediocre. The corn and crab soup was fine, nothing spectacular. The grilled octopus was slightly overdone. The falafel under it was horribly dry and tasteless. The tzatziki on it was sticky and rubbery, also tasteless--and a strange accompaniment to the olives. The server was mediocre--she was clearly not happy with her job and knew nothing about the wines or cocktails. the hostess and runners and busboys were great. The ambiance was beautiful inside. We opted to eat outdoors and when it started pouring, some of the rain was coming to us. the server never offered to move us to a table closer to the building away from the rain even though there was only one other table full.Special Features:
- disappointed in treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2014We had been here previously for our anniversary & were expecting the same treatment. We thought we would get acknowledged that it was our anniversary and in the past they've given us a free dessert & a better table. We had a horrible table location and no acknowledgement of our anniversary though I specifically told them in the reservation what we were celebrating. Our waiters in the past on our anniversary have acknowledged it and have even brought us a keepsake scroll with the menu and date. We were disappointed in our treatment of this special occasion this time around. And we will likely not come back for future anniversaries. We didn't even get asked if we wanted dessert this time - free or not - just no mention at all of it. Unhappy!