PassionFish - Reston VA
11960 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
PassionFish - Reston VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passionfishreston.com/passionfish.html
- Phone: 7032303474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Christopher Clime
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Passion Fish has a formal banquet room that will accommodate up to 50 guests seated. There is also a mezzanine level that is available for up to 70 guests. Both areas can also be configured for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Kathryn Grimes 703 230 3474
- Special Events: Special Dinners Monthly Ranging From $60 - $150 Per Guest All Inclusive Of Tax & Gratuity. Wine Dinners, Beer Dinners, Sushi & Sake Dinners, Chef Inspired Pairing Dinners - Each With Special Guests Representing The Winery, Brewery, etc.
A word from PassionFish - Reston VA
Passion Fish - Reston VA is dedicated to providing the finest quality, sustainable seafood available in an upscale/casual fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
PassionFish - Reston VA - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
PassionFish - Reston VA reviews from OpenTable diners
392 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (230)fit for foodies (208)romantic (120)neighborhood gem (119)great for lunch (116)great for outdoor dining (104)good for groups (99)notable wine list (90)vibrant bar scene (69)hot spot (63)great for brunch (25)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (7)Show More
- Food and service OK, too $$ for OKeaterVIPDined on 9/21/2014I took my husband to Passion Fish for his birthday and noted that on the reservation, I was disappointed that the wait staff didn't make some sort of effort to recognize it. We ordered a half dozen oysters and we're pretty sure they were given to another table that came in and ordered much later than us. We waited nearly 45 minutes for them! I do commend the general manager for recognizing the problem and comping them. We ordered a few appetizers because none of the main entrees really appealed. The food is OK but it's very pricey for what it is. Our experience reminded me of why we don't eat here more often.
- Great special occasion place.AAWHADined on 9/19/2014The entries and desserts were fabulous. The service was excellent. My husband and I had a scenic table for two, with great wine and charming ambience. It is perfect to wind down after a busy week.Special Features:
- YumCoopDined on 9/15/2014Love the trout. Love the sushi. Have been looking to come back after a great first visit. Was not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbertDined on 9/14/2014As always, the food was outstanding, the ambience excellent with high ceilings and nice lighting. Compared with previous visits, we found the service somewhat inattentive and we had to summon other waietrs for water and bread, etc.Special Features:
- Excellent Seafood RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always enjoy dining at Passionfish -- either in restaurant or at the bar. We had gumbo, salad and sushi and all were very good. Their fish entrees looked very good but compared with other restaurants in the area, seem a bit overpriced. I would expect to pay a little more for a fine dining experience but not as much as $10 or more per entree.Special Features:
- IslandSunset99Dined on 9/13/2014Fresh food of the best quality. Exceptional service by our waiter/Kenny and the entire wait staff. Loved the Tiger Roll, Pan Seared Sea Scallops and the Red Curry Thai Lobster Claypot. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, Pricey, OK ServiceJimGDined on 9/13/2014Great food! The downstairs dining room is very noisy, and the upstairs slightly less so, but still quite loud. We had the crab and corn soup which was superb. The salmon was done perfectly and was a generous portion. The Pacific Haddock dish was also a very generous portion and the flavors and preparation were excellent. In both cases, the fish was done perfectly, and was succulent and juicy with a crispy crust. The server was knowledgeable and well-trained, but I think she was serving too many tables, as we were waiting significantly for wine pours many times (and the wine was $69 !).Overall, it was an excellent meal that could be improved by reducing the noise level and improving the service (by having fewer tables per server).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everybody in our group really enjoyed their meal at Passion Fish. Food was delicious and service was excellent. We will come again!Special Features:
- fishluverVIPDined on 9/12/2014As usual the cuisine, preparation, and service was outstanding. Passionfish definitely has a fare for matching flavors.The spices and greens complement the fish wonderfully.Special Features:
- Disappointed again.ReluctantFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Go to Passionfish about once a year, and feel I have paid too much, gotten less than I wanted. Oysters STELLAR. Seviche too sweet. Scallop entree overcooked to the point of losing the sweetness of the scallop and are too firm. The spaetzel underneath was dry and bland. My wife had beet salad which was also overly sweet, and the VERY expensive Thai lobster dish that had too much sweet, and not enough lobster. Given falling price of lobsters that should have been 1/2 the price, 50% more lobster. Cocktails (my manhattan and wife's gin martini) were near to perfect. Wine list has great choices at all price points. Service was warm, helpful, but constantly looking for someone to fill a water glass! You need to step up your game Chef Tunks!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Went there for my wedding anniversary. I requested a quiet table and was seated upstairs in a circular booth overlooking the restaurant. Had a perfect evening, with excellent food, and great service. Will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014A great dinner with outstanding Service. Attention to detail to make it a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGoodEats1Dined on 9/10/2014We went for a birthday dinner and she was skeptical at first because of the prices. Once the food came and she tasted it, she was happy that she allowed us to bring her to Passion Fish We all agreed that we would be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Had a Great Time!jcord2000Dined on 9/9/2014It was my wife's birthday and we tend to let out all the stops once a year. This year we decided on PassionFish and we are glad we did. We arrived early for happy hour and Mark and John could not have been more friendly and attentive. The crab sliders and spring rolls were just the thing to get our special evening off to a good start. For dinner we were in the capable hands of Kenny who seemed to sense the kind of people we were and how best to take care of us. We did not order any entrées but instead opted to have some champagne and caviar (remember, this is a once a year event). We also enjoyed the colossal crab cocktail and a geisha roll. All the food was excellent and the service outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulzanexecVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great food served with experienced wait staff. Asked for quiet table and the host took led me to a table and asked if it would suit...nice touch.Special Features:
- Great customer serviceunhappydessertcustomerDined on 9/6/2014I had a prior unfortunate experience with passion fish and almost decided never to come back. However, the manager called me directly and apologized for what had happened and invited us to come back for dinner and he sent us a gift certificate. Most restaurants do not take the extra effort to care for their customers like passion fish does. This restaurant is special to my husband and I; we are very happy that they invited us back and treated us to make up for what went wrong before.Special Features:
- Top notchMarkoDined on 9/6/2014I took my girlfriend to Passionfish for her birthday and we had a wonderful dinner and dessert. Our waiter Gerard was positively fantastic, super friendly and helpful!Special Features:
- 4th Anniversary was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014My girlfriend and I have gone to PassionFish for years now and always expect great food and service. This past weekend was no exception. Gerard took care of us extremely well! I was absolutely ecstatic with his recommendations and attitude, we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Town Center ClassyAnnetastesDined on 9/4/2014The place to choose for an elegant setting and excellent seafood in Reston.Special Features:
- Exellent As UsualMishyDined on 8/29/2014This is our second time back to PassionFish and it didn't disappoint. The food and service was excellent. My husband and I split a sushi, soup and a main entry and everything was superb. The perfect amount of food. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shall returnBobSVIPDined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much. Waiter was knowledgeable and pleasant. Seafood was fresh and very good. Cocktails were very good.Special Features:
- A wonderful birthday dinner!SSHpsychVIPDined on 8/28/2014The waiters remembered us from before (and it was about a month ago). The food was delicious. The artwork stunning. It was just a tad noisy, however, and when we really need to talk (as in exchange information) we tend to go to Vinifera. But I love the food at PassionFish.Special Features:
- Pretty good all the way aroundDanthemanDined on 8/28/2014We had an enjoyable dinner on the patio - service was efficient and the food was very good....Special Features:
- Great Place to Meet Friends--NomNomRestonDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I had dinner at PassionFish with an old friend and his soon-to-be-fiance, whom I had not met. (We actually got married and had a reception at PassionFish in May). The staff remembered us and the event planner came upstairs to say hello as well. Food was fantastic as always - honestly we have never had a less-than-stellar meal there. It is not a dressy place unless you feel like it - there were business groups having dinner, couples, families. Well the couple we met there loved it - no surprise to me. We never felt rushed and servers were there when we needed them. It was a great place to reacquaint with friends and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Best lobster roll EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014Lovely lunch -- Terrific (quick!) service -- I've never had a better lobster roll ANYWHERE (not even in Maine)!Special Features:
- Consistent WinnerNYCdinerDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I think this is the best restaurant at Reston Town Center. Food always very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service -ParisPerfectVIPDined on 8/23/2014PasisonFish is one of the most consistent and top notch seafood restaurants in the Washington, DC area - the simply prepared and raw dishes are outstanding. Our only concern is that the glassware routinely smells of old fish/detergent - nothing like ordering a nice bottle of wine and having it spoiled by a stinky glass. I have brought this up to management on a couple of visits, and they responded well, bringing fresh glasses. However it keeps happening - just something to keep an eye on. Bottom line: PassionFish is highly recommended for a great lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Consistently Deliciouslisn2catsDined on 8/23/2014I've been treating myself (and friends and family) to Passionfish for years now and I'm impressed that their food is consistently delicious and up to par. The service is also always pleasant, friendly and customer-focused (though this time I think our server was over-selling the whole "at your service" thing - but I'll take hyper-service to surly, snobbish or snide any day!). If you love crabcakes - Passionfish's are nice sized and very very crabby! My parents ordered the special (Dover sole) and the look on their faces said it all....and their clean plates. I keep telling myself next time I'm going to do a dinner of small plates...can't wait till Next Time rolls around!Special Features:
- Great for the suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant for the suburbs but charging downtown prices w/o quite hitting the outstanding level to justify the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fresh fishJefft5301Dined on 8/21/2014We're never disappointed with PassionFish and this was no exception. They really know how to prepare fish and deliver tasty meals. This trip we were upstairs so the noise level was a bit louder than we had hoped for, but our dining experience was still very good.Special Features:
- Seafood at it's besttastyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Consistency is the hallmark of a restaurant and PFish has it. We dine here often, often enough to get an occasional off plate, but it just doesn't happen here. There are some preparations I like less than others but the dishes are consistently well prepared. Seasonal items are worth a try, soft-shell crabs, oysters, heirloom tomatoes salad. We also appreciate that PFish is a more sophisticated atmosphere, more conducive to adults than children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine food & servicesisiDined on 8/20/2014We lunch here occasionally and I cannot resist the lobster roll which always satisfies. The 3-course lunch offerings are tempting and someone at our table will usually order it. All three courses come at once in an attractive presentation. Noise level allows for civil conversation and the service is competent and unobtrusive. We will go again!Special Features:
- Great client lunchzanexecVIPDined on 8/19/2014Server was spot on, friendly but not obsequious...a great representative of the restaurant. I have an allergy and he was quick to point out that one of my selections included those foods to which I am allergic. This restaurant is a wonderful place for clients, dressy enough for sophisticated but comfortable enough for casual dining.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week, having never been before. We loved all our food! Our server was outstanding! We can't wait to go back! I enjoyed that they use local, in season ingredients. One person got the whole flounder and it was a great dish! Fun to see at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014excellent value for restaurant week dinner because you can order any of the main courses -- scallops were fabulous; others had mahi-mahi, trout, cod; everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite seafood restaurant!BobInVADined on 8/17/2014Second time at PassionFish to celebrate a special anniversary. Could not be more pleased with this restaurant in Reston Town Center! Menu selections are impressive, food is excellent (love their "Corn & Crab Soup"), service is excellent. We'll be back many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good ...PassionateeaterDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is quite consistent in offering excellent food; glad to here another PassionFish is on its way to Bethesda. Hopefully, once the Bethesda opening is complete they'll consider Arlington/Falls Church.
- TrishVIPDined on 8/17/2014Unfortunately, I tried PF when they first opened...The food quality was quite disappointing....I never went back! Until during Restaurant Week and the insistence of a friend that they had gotten much better... That was not true...not even for my friend during this visit. The Sushi was the only thing that was reasonablly satifying...Otherwise, I would not return.
- Service was slow and carelessunhappydessertcustomerDined on 8/16/2014Before our dessert came to the table, I had asked the waitress to box mine up because I had to leave early. After I had signed my check, I had to wait another 10-15 minutes for my boxed dessert to come out. The other parties of my table had already eaten their dessert by the time I had received mine to go. AND what is worse is that later I discovered that the dessert wasn't even what I ordered...it was someone else's left over food! I called the restaurant to inform them of this mix up and told them I had reservations for the next night to come for dinner. They said they would put a note down that they would give us the dessert then. They never did. I use to think this restaurant was nice and special...not so much anymore...Special Features:
- Disappointing 3 hours for 3 coursesruprecktDined on 8/16/2014The food was only pretty good -- especially for the Restaurant Week price, though the desserts were underwhelming (pana cotta and creme brule). But the service was glacial at best. It was 30 minutes after being seated before I received water or my Old Fashioned. Our waiter disappeared for long stretches of time -- perhaps we were his only table on the patio that he was responsible for? It was really disappointing because our previous experiences here were all top notch. Sure the restaurant was busy, but that's no excuse.Special Features: