3415 Hwy 51
Fort Mill, SC 29715Neighborhood:
Fort Mill, SC
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passion8bistro.com/
- Phone: 8038027455x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Luca Annunziata
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for any type of event both on and off premise from small intimate gatherings to corporate luncheons, rehearsal dinners and large weddings.
A word from Passion8 Bistro
We love food. And food created with passion is the best way to celebrate this life. We are dedicated to creating an atmosphere that is both inviting and tranquil in which to dwell on what is really essential. Our devotion to exceptional quality from local producers is what we believe creates exquisite dishes and ultimately a better world. Our daily dinner menu offers an opportunity to consistently create dishes that are at peak freshness with a focus on showcasing the highest quality ingredients at any given time. Much of the produce we select is grown locally in keeping with our vision to emulate the great European tradition of hospitality- both on the plate and in the glass. Our romantic hideaway will have you transported to a different time and place where all that matters is right now. Come experience the rhythm and flavors of Passion8 Bistro where life becomes a little slower with each delectable bite… Our goal is to exceed your expectations with each visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Passion8 Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fort Mill, SC ›
Passion8 Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (40)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (9)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A great goodbyeBobKDined on 10/4/2014Once again, Passion8 Bistro came through, and this time we were saying goodbye to the original location, with a "looking forward to" the new spot on Elizabeth Ave. This place has never failed us - from the warm hello, the very special service by the professional wait staff, and the marvelous kitchen. The chef is creative and not only is the food of the highest quality, but the presentation is also memorable. Just a very special place that has provided the best of our culinary experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceAC904411Dined on 9/26/2014I enjoyed the food / service and ambiance. Jessica (one of the owners) stopped by our table and made us feel like part of the family. I would highly recommend any new or longtime Charlotte resident to enjoy.Special Features:
- Baxter2013Dined on 9/20/2014Chef is very creative with his gormet use of fresh, locally grown ingredients. A great "up-scale" dining experience in Fort Mill.Special Features:
- OutstandingJennieDined on 9/20/2014This was our fist time going and I was blown away. It was an 11th wedding anniversary dinner and my husband and I both go the 4 chefs course option and it did not disappoint! The calamari was excellent. I had the cobia as my main meal and it was fantastic. All the food was beautifully plated and tasted incredible with every bite. Service was wonderful and the food came in the most perfect time from finishing the course before. Highly recommend. This is a new favorite and will be back for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014Good food, but slightly over salted. Prices are too high for the overall experience. This restaurant will have a difficult time surviving the Charlotte market after the initial "honeymoon" period is over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Passion8 had been on our "to-do" list since my wife and I moved to Charlotte, and with their impending move, we decided now or never! The service staff was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable from the moment we walked in the door. My wife and I both did 4 course tastings, picking 4 different options to be able to try as much as possible. While no one dish was "better" than any other, my reaction to the soup course may say it best: the garnish elements were meticulously plated in the soup bowl, with the soup brought out in a carafe and poured tableside. I almost didn't want our server to pour the (delicious) soup into the bowl, because I wanted to appreciate all the work and attention to detail that had gone into the garnishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Probably one of the best restaurants I have been to.Special Features:
- Need to eat here more often!HymanSCDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I have eaten at Passion8 a few times. From the food to the service, it's excellent everytime. Impeccable. If you don't get the calamari appetizer; you didn't really eat at Passon8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PDaddyDined on 9/6/2014Passion8 is a very special place to go for celebrations.Special Features:
- Did Not DisappointFantasticDined on 8/27/2014I had high expectations for their Farewell dinner and it did not disappoint. Brought some friends with me that had never been and of course, I had raved about how good it was. The staff did a great job even though I think they were overwhelmed with the number of people and their small kitchen. Nonetheless, everything was great and I look forward to going to their new location upon its opening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!YummyVIPDined on 8/23/2014It's not everyday you have a birthday and the team at passion8 hit it out of the park. The meal was perfect, local and the freshest ingredients. You can never go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seasonal foodbubbles11Dined on 8/23/2014It had been about a year since I had visited Passion8. I wanted some friends to experience the original location before their move to central Charlotte. As always, the menu was creative, the food delivered as promised and the service was excellent. I look forward to being able to visit more frequently at the new location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014If you are a Foodie and or love to support local farms this is a must go to restaurant. They offer amazing unique cocktails, and have an impressive wine list. I hate to use the word value, but I can't believe the gourmet meal I experienced for the price. The service was unbelievable I felt as if our waitress was the owner. It's hard to find anything negative to say. I will say, the décor leaves something to be desired, it was a bit drab dated and dark. However, is seems the owners are aware as they are moving to a much brighter "hipper spot" in early September (between The Custom Shoppe and Carpe Diem in Elizabeth). It seems they've got it right, make the food amazing first then move to a better location later. Can't wait to try again!!Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We love the farm to table quality of the food that is served at Passion8. The chef does a wonderful job creating a variety of foods and the menu is always different. The wine list is sparse and they should have a bigger variety of choices.Special Features:
- Awesome cuisine!Angelini23Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic local food items prepped by the amazing Chef Luca! Portions are small and prices are hefty... 4 entrees with 2 drinks, no dessert and 1 appetizer will run you around $200. Flavors are AMAZING, though, so I can't say I didn't enjoy it. Scallops were fantastic. They are moving to Charlotte in a month and will be sad to see them leave this quaint, sweet spot in Fort Mill, SC. Hope the quality doesn't change when they move to a bigger venue. Lots of luck, Passion8!Special Features:
- Love it, love it, love itdinesalotVIPDined on 8/1/2014We simply can't stop eating here! Had friends from NYC and DC in and they insist on coming here each time they are in town. The pork was amazing!Special Features:
- Great experience!JdevDined on 7/26/2014I went to Passion8 during restaurant week. Many restaurants do not deliver during such a busy time, but both the food and the service were excellent!! I got the summer salad, coulotte steak, and lemon basil dessert. The dessert is one of the best I have ever had. The ambiance was charming and added to the experience. I will definitely return, and recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal near Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But...FoodieDined on 7/26/2014Passion 8 is a nice quaint place with good food, however, on this visit during Charlotte's Queen Feast, the restaurant made sure to significantly cut the portions and downgrade the menu for the event. I had been telling my wife and friends how great Passion 8 was, having been there a time or two in the past. Unfortunately the portions where cut to about 1/2 of normal, leaving us all disappointing and hungry when we left. In addition, the choices on the menu were also disappointing and as a result of this experience I do not think any our our group will ever return to Passion 8.Special Features:
- Fantastic three course mealRockDined on 7/26/2014The food Chef Luca puts on the table is always outstanding. The listing of the local suppliers and what they supply is a great way to let patrons know just how well local farmers, growers are represented. Jessica, the owners wife always takes time to chat with us and makes us feel welcome and part of the family. Wait staff is attentive and very knowledgable about the days offerings to help you in your decision. We look forward to when they open their new facility in Charlotte in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week 2014SjvmarkDined on 7/26/2014We love Passion8 and want to go as often as we can until they move. Enjoyed restaurant week menu. Our table of 4 had 3 different orders and all were really good especially the Grouper, it's broth was delish. The cantaloupe soup was really good and different then expected- in a good way. Dressed tomatoes were also good but small on portion size. Again 3 different desserts all equally tasty. Service is friendly but maybe a touch rushed. Great cocktails and wine. Passion8 does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the atmosphereWaxhawDined on 7/25/2014Very romantic...great food!...............................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good idea, but lacking1htrdhdDined on 7/24/2014I love the concept of Passion8. They only buy food from local, organic farms. We chose this restaurant for Restaurant Week to embrace excellent local food. We were highly disappointed. The portion sizes were so small that we were unable to savor the flavours of each dish. Restaurant Week offers free advertising and an opportunity to "shine." This is the time to win customers and entice them to become repeat customers. A customer never wants to feel cheated. In this case, we were.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodGRamaleyDined on 7/23/2014My neighbor and I went for fun and to enjoy an excellent meal and wonderful ambiance. Our glass was never empty and even though we were having the Queens Feast special our plates were full. Over all a lovely place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie Brown meal20percentstndrdDined on 7/23/2014Not tterrible but not superlative (like our last Passion8 experience). Highlights - grouper (best entree), peach/basil shot ("wine pairing" with dessert)" and specialty cocktails (Hibiscus Margarita and Gentleman's Manhattan). Lowlights - wine pairing: save your money...nothing special. Service: cocktails arrived at the same time as the appetizers and the wine pairing for the appetizers- the drinks were tasty, but hard to enjoy in between wine and dinner courses; server was in and out and answered questions as quickly as possible in order to leave the table. Chicken roulade dry and had an unappetizing texture. Good Grief Overally we were excited to go to Passion8 and while we didn't have a bad meal, it was underwhelming. Good grief.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Grouper was excellent. Peach soup was an unexpected surprise. Went during restaurant week so a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You need to try this restaurant!averagejoeDined on 7/22/2014Small, quaint restaurant with excellent food. Professional servers. Farm to table philosophy. Really good food. Foodies will love this place, but so will the average joe.Special Features:
- Fresh but small portionsNCFoodieGalDined on 7/22/2014We dined for the first time during Charlotte Restaurant Week. We were promptly greeted and taken to our table which was in the back - nice location. Service was very good, and their flavored water (lemon, lime & orange) was great. The food was obviously very fresh and love that they use local farms and suppliers. The reason I probably will not go back (unless for drink and appetizer) is the small food portions. The salad and the dessert were tiny, at best. The grouper was the size of a small brownie and your side item will most likely be a dollup sized portion. Very nice team and unique small setting, just be prepared for small portions yet fairly expensive prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindexploradoraDined on 7/21/2014Passion8 Bistro is an amazing little restaurant, beautifully decorated and incredible food. It's obvious the cook loves what he does and is good at it.Special Features:
- Deligted dinerDizzyDaleDined on 7/21/2014Picked restaurant for Queens Feast because it was a wonderful opportunity to have the experience within my budget. It was even better than I had anticipated. The food, friendliness and knowledge of the wait staff, and the presence of the owner/chef who came to visited the diners, was all very special. My out of town guest was treated to a unique Charlotte treasure, which could not be duplicated in her NYC neighborhood. (All ratings are excellent. The "stars" wouldn't work.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally impressed my guestsdinesalotVIPDined on 7/21/2014My sister, niece (12) and nephew (14) that have never had a fine-dining experience. I contacted the restaurant and asked for a special tasting menu, as my sister is a vegan. They were very accommodating and having dietary needs and two young teenagers our menu had no shortcuts. The kids were so impressed by the plating and the flavors and my sister has never had such a great vegan option before. Despite our unusual needs Passion8 did not miss a beat and made everyone feel, and feed, like they were royalty. Thanks again, and do not miss dinning here, it is THE best restaurant around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Lovers DreamOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014I was recently reminded why this is the best restaurant in Charlotte. A bit of a hidden gem, but the food is a work of artSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to see you go!laxmomqDined on 7/18/2014Sorry to see you leave Fort Mill. Wishing you all the luck at your new location! We will definitely visit you there!Special Features:
- Eclectic GemNitaDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant offered ambiance and was very quaint. It is a small place but very romantic. The service was welcoming from the time we walked in the door until we left. The food was exquisite! Sad that I waited so long to try it name and that they are relocating to uptown Charlotte in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service were great. We weren't rushed by our server even though the Passion8 was full. We were allowed to enjoy each other and a great meal.Special Features:
- Nice little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Friends told us about this little place tucked away just over into SC. Everything was great and we will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not sure we'll be backnomoroDined on 7/18/2014We went for restaurant week and expected the portions to be downsized. When we arrived, there was only one other couple and the place was DARK. I mean really DARK. The walls are painted a maroon color and it was hard to see the menu. The server was GREAT! For a farm to table restaurant, it is impressive. Here are the pros and cons: Pros: Food was good and fresh Service was very good Background music was great Owner and wife both came to say hello Cons: Way too dark and the ladies room is even worse than the dining room. Almost had to feel my way in and out. Food was lukewarm Portions were small Regular menu prices are through the roof. Very expensive! Cheapest red wine was $36 Tables are VERY close together, small
- Awesome is a bad as it gets here!dinesalotVIPDined on 7/15/2014When the worse thing you can say about a restaurant is that it is awesome, that isn't so bad. Had all you can eat mussels, with a Belgian, and we both agreed that Passion8 could open in the middle of the Grand Place in Brussels and do very well. Each construct of sauces was both creative and executed perfectly. The progression from light sauces to heavier showed care and an understanding of proper dinning. I have never had anything shy of an amazing meal here, I will be sad when they move uptown and I have a further drive to dine here, but I will still dine regularly. A must dine in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anyreasontodineoutDined on 7/2/2014The food and the service are always excellent. It was the perfect atmosphere for visiting with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014All I can say is WOW! We dined on a Tuesday evening so the place wasn't crowded. We decided to try the Chef's Tasting option, 4 courses for only $55 per person- you can't beat that I had the foie and my husband had the duck 3 ways- AMAZING! Scallop entree was out of this world. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable. The farmers they use are listed directly on the menu and the location of each farm. We are excited for their move but will keep coming back to Fort Mill while they are here!Special Features:
- Weekly DinerFoodieQueenDined on 7/1/2014Passion8 has become our new weekly spot. I can't express enough how much this place feels like home when we walk in. They know what we are going to order as soon as we walk in from our sparking water to our favorite 007 martini. Our waitress remembered that my hunny loves Chocolate so brought him the new chocolate / peanut butter dessert for his birthday! This is a must try!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.