Passion, The Restaurant
1036 Volvo Parkway Ste 3
Chesapeake, VA 23320Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Passion, The Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passiontherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7574103975x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Garett Barner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Passion’s Catering Service provides full-service catering. This means that as host or hostess, your only responsibility is to be there. You and your guests will encounter exquisite food of uncompromised quality, artfully presented by our staff. Your guests will be charmed by the ambiance -- tables perfectly set, cuisine seductively displayed, your own site literally transformed. The style of every social gathering is different, because every host is different. At Passion's Catering Service, our hallmarks are our personalized service and attention to detail.
- Entertainment: Our lounge offers the best of easy listening musical entertainment. Come join us for our "Party on the Patio" (May thru September). The schedules vary, please call the restaurant for dates and times or visit our website’s Events Calendar for additional details.
A word from Passion, The Restaurant
Passion The Restaurant is Hampton Road’s newest distinctive dining destination. Located in Chesapeake, Passion is designed to skillfully harmonize your senses, featuring creative innovative cuisine eclectic wines and exemplary service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Passion, The Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- LoriDined on 7/10/2014Service was attentive, but slow. 7 of us arrived at 630P and left at 9P. Food was very good and nicely displayed. We were able to get separate checks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperDaveFDined on 6/27/2014Continues to be one of the greatest places in the Tidewater area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr.HowieDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our "first" visit for dinner. The food was delicious, served hot, obviously it was made to order, very good ! Excellent service ! Very nice atmosphere ~ we will definitely dine at "Passion" again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousSharonDined on 6/21/2014Our favorite place to go. Whether we are celebrating or just in the mood for a bowl of the best she crab soup in Hampton Roads, this is the place. The staff is always friendly, service is excellant and the meals are freshly made and always top quality.Special Features:
- Passion- Something SpecialFamilyNiteOutDined on 6/10/2014I've found my new restaurant when visiting Chesapeake. Passion is a great place to eat. I had dinner there on Tuesday and had to go back for dinner on Wednesday. I was seated promptly ,great service and the food was awesome . kudos to the folks that make it happen there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food? Awesome! Service? Not so muchAlllocdupDined on 6/10/2014This was my second time dining at Passions; the first time was a business meeting dinner. I chose the spot as a great place to celebrate my best friend's birthday and she LOVED the food (Yay fish tacos), but we both were disappointed with the service. The waiter seemed distracted and rushed and made me feel that way. If he was upset about having to work that evening, there was no need to take it out on me and my guest; besides, if given the opportunity I would have kindly not have had him serve us at all. I will return to Passions but if I'm waited on by this particular server I will ask to be moved to another's section or volunteer to serve myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couple of Couples Date NightFinallyFridayDined on 6/6/2014This is an excellent place for an outing. We were expecting a good time, and it turned out great. The menu was unique, service was exceptional, and environment was pleasant. It was casual, formal, and friendly. The prices were almost right. Quality and quantity of food unremarkable. Service got off to a slow start, but our waitress had a nice disposition.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE TO EAT!GoodEatsDined on 6/5/2014Passion, The Restaurant is place that take care of their patron and their needs. My wife is Gluten intolerant and they went out of their way to ensure she had a wonderful eating experience. The service staff were very professional and the food was gourmet delicious! Would and have highly recommended this place to family and friends as a favorite place to eat and all have agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014My wife and I have been patronizing Passion since it opened and have never had a bad meal or less than outstanding service. It is our "go to" special occasion restaurant to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, date nights and promotions. The staff know us by name and always make us feel welcome. The food is spectacular every time. Thank you, Passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinKevinDined on 6/3/2014Service was great, food was excellent. Great place for special occasions (anniversary).Special Features:
- The following 456 reviews are from the Passion, The Restaurant reviews archive.
- First timerNewbiesDined on 5/31/2014Being our first time at Passion, it was an enjoyable evening. We celebrated our Anniversary with dear friends. Even though our friends were 20 minutes late, Lisa didn't mind a bit and graciously worked around the inconvenience that it caused her. We will definitely be back and recommend it to many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodDianaVIPDined on 5/30/2014Husband had one of the appetizer specials - pork belly over cheese grits & red eye gravy. It was great. He then had the delmonico steak special - 16oz. with grilled asparagus & wasabi mashed potatoes. He said it was pretty good. I had the shrimp étouffée. It came with crawfish over basmati rice. It was $25, thinner than I like, not much rice; more like a thick soup than an entree. It was overly spicy, too. I had noted on the reservation that it was my husband's birthday, but the restaurant didn't acknowledge it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbubbablueDined on 5/20/2014Food was excellent as always as was the service. We always try to visit this restaurant when in the area.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseneevDined on 5/17/2014Great food. Service was very good. Staff was friendly. Doesn't look like much from the street but well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always love PassionaliceDined on 5/13/2014Passion is wonderful in so many ways -- not for the view, but for the convenience for us in Kempsville, friendly service, and great food. The staff i quite stable, and they remember us and know the little details that we like so much. I recommend it all the time and take out of town guests there frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Need to provide better brunch selections. Nice restaurant as I have gone there several times before but never for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good non-chain restaurantVanhawkDined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere (modern, subdued lighting, not noisy) and the filet with bleu cheese. Companion's strip steak had a bit too much gristle. Wine list adequate but not extensive. Staff attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014First time going there. Did so on a recommendation. Excellent food and service, would highly recommend to others and I will be back!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingDinealotDined on 4/26/2014Mussels were bland. Filet was tough ....and mine was med....but the center was raw. Sauce was very salty. They had to run to the store to buy milk to make a cappuccino . Waiter was not great. We were looking for a fine dinning experience, and it came up short for us.
- Dinner 04/24/2014HawkeyeDined on 4/24/2014Can be $$$$, but quantity and quality of food was well worth it. Pre-dinner drinks were also good - great selection of martinas, as well as bottle of wine at dinner, also very good selection of wines, available. Certainly would recommend the oysters, carabcakes and cajun seafood. Tapas menu, also was very interesting and will try on our next outing to this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Excellent food, wonderful ambiance, and exceptional service.Special Features:
- Delightful2EatDined on 4/19/2014Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Passion, The Restaurant. The food was excellent, as described, and served in a timely manner. The service was excellent, also. The waite staff was knowledgeable, and encouraged us to ask questions about menu items. We were also encouraged to relax and enjoy our food. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceHojoDined on 4/18/2014Passion is a must try for all in Hampton Roads. The service was top notch, wine list did not break the bank, and the food was outstanding. My wife had the crab cakes and I had several tapas dishes, which tasted wonderful. They also had some great deals on Happy hour drinks as well. We are looking forward to having another "Passion" experience soon and have suggested it to out friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had people in from out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Had people in from out of town. This is a great neighborhood restaurant! Everyone had a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimesAnniversaryDined on 4/5/2014It was our anniversary and it was just nice getting out with my wife. It was our 28th anniversary and when we went to the table the staff had presented us with a Anniversary card with everyones signature on it, very nice and extremely thoughtful of your staff. It's the little things like that that will keep me coming back. Two quick things I would like to say. Your bartender and waitress we had, both were absolutely AWESOME! Bartender knew we were novice at wine, so she took her time and offered us a few suggestions, very nice lady. Your waitress was just as nice, great smile and it was apparent they both took serious pride in your restaurant. They really were extremely positive about Passion and the Chef. Thank you again!!!Special Features:
- Loved it!!HelenDined on 3/29/2014The food here is delicious. We ordered the calamari and oysters for appetizers and were very pleased with both. Just enough food to get your appetite going. For our entrees we got the blackened tuna and the duck. Both were AMAZING and flavorful. I got my tuna rare and it was cooked perfectly. For dessert we got the chocolate cake. It was a little dry for my boyfriend, but I enjoyed it. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend Passion for a romantic date night. We will definitely be going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunchluvfood27VIPDined on 3/26/2014The fish is always good. Love the curry potato salad. Cold plate is a great lunch choice.Special Features:
- Good FoodShambenoDined on 3/21/2014Our experience at Passion was very nice. From the moment we entered they made us fell comfortable. We ha reservation for 7 and we arrived about 20 minutes early, were greeted, seated and cared for the rest of the night until we left. The only thing I really did not care for was the size, this place is small but the service and staff makes up for that with there professionalism. I highly recommend this place it could be a little pricey to some but you get what you pay for an the food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, but priceyAnthonyDined on 3/15/2014The food was amazing. We had swordfish and crab cakes with the house salad, 2 glasses of wine, 2 coffees and the check came out to $97 before tip. Service was okay. Our waitress was prompt with everything, but interrupted us to the point that we felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent martinis and food!DeedsDined on 3/15/2014The Bellini martini---yum! They have a terrific martini menu with some new additions added recently. This time I had the Passion salad with that lovely goat cheese breaded thing that is so delicious, and then I had the filet sliders which were excellent-tender, tasty, dee lish. The ambiance is lovely, quiet enough and romantic, feels luxurious. But all the food is really excellent, that's the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- virgin2ndchnceDined on 3/14/2014This was the first time at Passion and my wife and I will be dropping by this spot from time to timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owners are very particularmylesDined on 3/13/2014Owners are very particular about the ambient setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with friendsomasDined on 3/11/2014Celebrated a friends birthday here and the wait staff all signed a card for her. very thoughtfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencealiceDined on 3/8/2014Passion has become our favorite restaurant in the Tidewater region. The staff is stable, so we've gotten to know the chef, the owners, hostesses and wait staff. THey go out of their way to provide a special plate of fruit for my husband who has a severe eating disorder. For our special occasions, they give us a greeting card which the entire staff has signed. Upon entering Passion for my birthday recently, the chef presented me with a beautiful white rose, and they seated us at what they know is our favorite table. They even remember what kind of wine we drink. The food is extraordinary - different but now scary. My fish is always cooked well-done, just the way I request it. Their desserts are made in-house and are always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...OutOfTownRDined on 3/7/2014Our evening of dining at Passion was a great end to a bad day of travel from DC to Chesapeake for a wedding. The staff were very accommodating when we needed to shift the reservation up by 30 minutes and called to be sure we would still be there when we were a few minutes late. Our waitress's service was excellent and the food was as well. Excellent preparation and presentation for both the entrees and the main courses (steak - rare, and crab cake). The wine by the glass were a real pleasant surprise as well. The only downside was there was a very large group in the same room. There were around 30 people for a birthday party and they were very, very noisy. Luck of the draw on that one. I would recommend Passion for a great meal.Special Features:
- Hidden GemSharkfinDined on 3/6/2014Don't let the mall location fool you. This is a high end restaurant. Everyone loved their entrées from the duck to shrimp étouffée to steak. Have to have the She Crab Soup. Homemade sorbets and ice cream for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlove2eatDined on 3/4/2014I had the seafood ettoufee the rice was kind of hard But overall it was good. My boyfriend had the brick chicken he said it was good but the Mac n cheese wasn't great maybe use cheddar cheese insteadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTraeDined on 3/1/2014Passion was recommended by friends who celebrated their anniversary and were really impressed by the overall experience, I must say they were right, Passion did not disappoint. Everything we ordered from appetizers to dessert was tasteful and great! This was one of my most favorite meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our families #1 restaurant.KarenVPDined on 3/1/2014This is our families #1 restaurant. Everyone is wonderful, and the food is amazing. Once you try Passion you will be hooked.Special Features:
- First DateAnimalspinsDined on 2/28/2014Romantic environment, great staff, awesome food, my date and I lost ourselves in the environment and each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.