6204 East Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passaparolausa.com/
- Phone: 5629865280
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Procaccini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call us for details.
A word from Passaparola
Passaparola is an Italian Trattoria in Long Beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Passaparola reviews from OpenTable diners
- Another wonderful meal!TheaterPatronDined on 2/22/2013We have visited Passaparola many times, and each time is a reminder of what a great place this is. Staff is friendly and there when you want them, perfect amount of attention. 3 specials were offered but I went for the lasagna and that was a great choice. It was creatively served and a generous portion. The bread is so good that we didn't order appetizers, although they looked tempting. The place was full and we were glad we made a reservation.Special Features:
- Good Place, But Lose the TVOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Not a bad place. Good Italian food at a fair price. Unremarkable wine list. Major ding to ambiance points for having big-screen TV looming over the dining room. If I wanted to watch TV, I would have stayed home. Certainly not a romantic restaurant, but a good place for friends to get a meal together.Special Features:
- We love this place and gomaryr17Dined on 2/14/2013We love this place and go often. Never been disappointed in anything except some of our favorite dishes are no longer on the menu.Special Features:
- Very good Italian cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013Very good Italian cuisine and service at affordable prices. The wine list is not "notable" but has good, affordable selections. Since Passaparola is in a small strip mall off PCH most of us drive right by in ignorance. The interior ambiance works too which in a strip mall the interior atmosphere and slow eaters cuisine is where the emphasis should be.Special Features:
- Antoinette is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2012Antoinette is a wonderful server. She went the extra mile to make our experience the best.Special Features:
- Love the freshness of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/20/2012Love the freshness of the food. Need to bring back the carbonara and bufala arugula salad. Two faves no longer on menu. Server Liza was great and had the kitchen make the carbonara. Need a kid menu or kid option (pizza)! Otherwise very well done!
- Wonderful meal catching upOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012Wonderful meal catching up with friends. Food was excellent. A bit noisy at first, but quieted down when large group left.Special Features:
- they graciously split ourlindacloVIPDined on 11/10/2012they graciously split our delicious salads; pasta entrees are a bit over-sauced but very good. great tiramisu.Special Features:
- Lenore was great. Very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012Lenore was great. Very nice. Food was good. Not sure I'd rather come here rather than La Parlocia though except parking's easier and it's not croweded.
- The food is very tasty, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food is very tasty, however My husband and I do not eat meat, chiken or shrimp, so for us were only two chioces - half moon ravioli or tube pasta. I would like to have some vegetarian options in orzo and gnocchi and maybe another pasta dish.Special Features:
- This was our fist time here-weadamsbratDined on 10/19/2012This was our fist time here-we frequent their other restaurant La Parolaccia quite often and thought we'd give this one a try. The food was great- and they had a very affordable and nice wine list. The TV in the back of the restaurant was a plus, since baseball playoffs were on! We will definitely go back.
- Acceptable food but not memorable.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2012Acceptable food but not memorable. Large dining room lacking character or cosiness. Flat screen TV (with sound) not appropriate for a would be gourmet restaurant.
- On of our favorite restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2012On of our favorite restaurants. Was a little disapointed with Lamb and Lobster Risotto not on the menu anymore but the Veal Chop was the best and they made some Lobster Risotto for my wife any way. Manager helped us pick the perfect birthday bottle of wine for my wife. Overall still one of our favorite restaurants. Javier L. GonzalezSpecial Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012My husband and I enjoyed the first bite as much as the last. Great Italian wines. Decadent pastas and fresh seafood. Homemade desserts. Highly recommended. We cannot wait to come back and try everything on the menu.Special Features:
- They keep messing with thehundfschmidtVIPDined on 7/13/2012They keep messing with the wine list. but are not inproving it.Special Features:
- A very nice little place.SAMSONDined on 7/8/2012A very nice little place. Food was fantastic, Wines we had were very nice. Price was reasonable. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Passaparola e buon gustoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2012Come for the food, stay for the wine and relaxation.Special Features:
- The menu includes a numberJonMDined on 6/23/2012The menu includes a number of items that are different than the run of the mill Italian place. Flavors well-balanced. Lots of nuance to the various dishes. Not a big menu but good choices. This place is more classic food. Not pizza and lasagna. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Everything was really justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Everything was really just OK. We expected more. Prior to ordering our server, Antonette, told us she was being "sent home due to the nature of the evenings reservations" and she introduced our new server, Lisa. It was a Saturday night. Beautifully decorated and an upgrade from the previous restaurants that had been in the location prior to this new place, too bad it wasn't more busy. Salads were fresh, cold and tasty. My pasta with clams was very bland. Everyone else was a bit underwhelmed with their entrees.
- This was our 5th time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2012This was our 5th time there everything was outstanding.Special Features:
- The wild boar pasta was SWEETGS4DinerDined on 6/2/2012The wild boar pasta was SWEET (in the sugary, not the so fine sense). Not a pleasant surprise.
- Excellent food, but the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2012Excellent food, but the waiter was totally obnoxious and should be terminated. It is the third time we have had this waiter. Because of him we may not return.
- Our service was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2012Our service was outstanding, the food was very good and nice wine list.Special Features:
- We made a reservation on-lineIrishSurferDined on 4/28/2012We made a reservation on-line for four. We were seated promptly and had an enjoyable meal. Two in our party had the blackened salmon spelcial and found it a little spicy. I asked for more of the orange glaze that came with it, and, for me, that solved the issue. The bread was great with a dipping sauce or butter on request. Overall, the four of us had a very enjoyable meal and a good bottle of wine. This was our third visit and we will return.Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE MEAL. THE WAITMikeyShoesVIPDined on 4/26/2012INCREDIBLE MEAL. THE WAIT STAFF IS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ATTENTIVE. WINE LISTS ARE MOST ITALIAN BUT OUR WAITER RECOMMENDED A WINE THAT WAS FANTASTIC. COMPLETELY REMODELED FROM THE PREVIOUS RESTAURANT. FOOD REMINDED ME OF ITALY AND WE WERE SO PRESENTLY SURPRISED. WE HAVE BEEN BACK 2 MORE TIMES WITH THE SAME RESULT. THIS IS A RESTAURANT THAT RIVALS THE BEST IN L.A. BUT IT IS HERE.Special Features:
- This was my second time, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012This was my second time, the first visit with my Husband and it was nice and Romantic and the Food was excelant, we had a very good waitress and Hostess was very Pleasant. It did make me bring 2 quest the second time and they want to go back.Special Features:
- This was a return visit andAnindiantasterDined on 4/6/2012This was a return visit and we were not disappointed. EVERYTHING was perfect. We took our family there for dinner. It was their first visit and they commented on the fact that every little detail was taken care off. They even took a couple of special food requests from our 4 year old grand daughter!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Excellent on everything. Wine list a bit pricey but great value for the meal. I had the white sea bass delicious as was the other meals some extaordinary pasta dishes. I took 8 ladies who all said they were coming back for sure. Iam taking my husband for dinnr there next week.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2012This was our first visit to this newly-opened restaurant, and we were very happy. The decor is very cool, very nice interior....the menu looked great, with lots of authentic-looking dishes on it rather than spaghetti, lasagna, and veal + chicken 3 ways...several pasta choices, 2 risottos, and the secondi all looked great....when our food arrived, all the dishes tasted great, portion sizes were just fine...all in all a very nice dinner for the four of us...Special Features:
- We were happy to see the remodelingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2012We were happy to see the remodeling of this neighborhood restaurant. Service was fast and very friendly. The arugula and artichoke salad was delicious. Main courses not so much. The seafood pasta special had an array of shellfish which were unpleasantly dominated by the smoked salmon in a white sauce. My veal saltimbocca, a classic dish, had parsley instead of sage and tasted like the veal was boiled in chicken broth. The sides of crispy potatoes and fresh veggies were nicely done. Meals were sent back to kitchen at the table next to us... Not a place for a second visit.
- The food, wine, and serviceBryC123VIPDined on 3/10/2012The food, wine, and service were great! You can find authentic Italian food here :)
- A real neighborhood gem. TheAnindiantasterDined on 3/10/2012A real neighborhood gem. The food and service are first class. The tortellini special was exquisite as was the pear and cheese ravioli.Special Features:
- I've passed this restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2012I've passed this restuarant a number of times but this was my first meal there! I will definitely return and tell others about this excellent food. The portion was perfect, the brushetta was the best I've had in this state. The service was attentive and reasonably fast. My only complaint (and it is tiny) is that we were seated next to the area where they keep utensils/place settings so there was the constant rustle of the utensils being taken out by the wait staff. This place is a great find.Special Features:
- This was a joy to find! ItOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2012This was a joy to find! It was a completely unexpected gem - excellent menu, food, service, decor - at a location, which has had difficulty in the past. We'll definitely go back often, and I'll be telling my friends!Special Features:
- In town for a work event andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012In town for a work event and found this on OpenTable. Surprised by the eclectic menu. Food was great. Our drinks were a little late but apparently the bartender quit in the middle of dinner service! Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, so it wasn't a big issue. Would definitely recommend to others!Special Features:
- We loved it! The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012We loved it! The food was great! We loved the apple tart. If you have room for dessert it is aMust have!Special Features:
- Our third time at this restaurantmaryr17Dined on 2/14/2012Our third time at this restaurant and everything was excellent. Even on a very busy night the food and the service were spot on.Special Features:
- On Valentine's day, the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012On Valentine's day, the restaurant near my house was booked so I reserved a table day of. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised. As busy as the place was, we were able to enjoy a great meal without feeling rushed or crowded in. Food was as good as Spaghettini and we didn't have to listen to some lame cover band while we ate. Calamari was delicious. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Saved the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012excellent bartender who took care of wife while I was fighting traffic and late. They held our table while I was twenty minutes late a real lifesaver on valentines day. Great food and service. Open restaurant and noise level a little high but on a normal day this would be ok. Great food and I liked the limited menu on valentines day because I do not like making too many choices. It was a great dining experience and for the price well worth the money.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodSunnyDined on 2/4/2012We went on a Saturday night and the place was packed. I highly suggest making reservations on weekends. My husband and I had the spinach salad which was very very good. I had the lobster ravioli which was to die for. My husband had the meat ravioli which was excellent. Nice wine list too. We shared a bottle of the Axis Chardonnay which was a wonderful adddition to our meal. The Tirimasu was out of this world. All in all our experience was great. We will certainly come back again!Special Features: