Passage to India - Mountain View
1991 W El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Passage to India - Mountain View
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.passagetoindia.net/
- Phone: 650 969 9965
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Passage to India - Mountain View
You are invited to an extraordinary, elegant place with a highly attractive decor, attentive service and genuine hospitality. When you are here, you become a part of the family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Passage to India - Mountain View reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very slow on a Thursday night,GastriVIPDined on 3/6/2014Very slow on a Thursday night, but the food was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong8dragonsVIPDined on 12/12/2013With and Indian buffet and great food how could you go wrong? You cannot. Definitely worth the time and a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet service: Poor quality;RobertDined on 11/9/2013Buffet service: Poor quality; poor selections. Waste of time, money and calories.
- Buffet is always a treat withOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/9/2013Buffet is always a treat with variety and regional dishes. Choices have changed which made this visit an experiment. Had trouble with reservation, though staff recognized the reservation just not acknowledge by the front desk/in the computer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, bad breadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013Food was good but nans were not good at all. Sweets were really good. Overall It was a nice buffet.Special Features:
- Food is good but a bit tooGreatDined on 1/12/2013Food is good but a bit too spicy. They also have dinner buffet but we choose to order instead. Not sure that is the reason why the service was kind of slow for us. And because a lot of people were doing buffet, people are constantly moving around so it's very noisy. The buffet seems to be popular. But if we want sit down dinner, I would not choose here again.
- Good Experience at Passage to IndiaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012My wife and I had dinner at Passage to India for the first time. We were immediately seated, and a waiter came within a minute and took our initial drink order. My wife and I both ordered the buffuet, which was good (not excellent) with the exception of the goat which was outstanding! We both enjoyed the food choices and flavors - we really enjoyed the Garlic Naan. Definitely a place we'll come back to.Special Features:
- chicken in chicken curry wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/29/2012chicken in chicken curry was the worst parts of the bird and the curry didn't taste right. veggie dish tasted chalky. too bad because service was good and ambience great.
- Food was very good. Servicelove2eatDined on 8/18/2012Food was very good. Service was a little slow, had to wait for bread for a long time, even after asking requesting a couple of times. Buffet was pretty good.Special Features:
- Poor service, OK foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2012The service was very bad, the waiter could not understand what we were trying to order - we had to repeat ourselves many a times. And then many of the items we ordered were missing from what we received. We had to ask for all of them ourselves after a while of waiting and for each of them they say they forgot. How can you forget 4 out of 7 items!!! The menu clearly listed 2 teas for the plate we got however we were given one only and told that you get 2 teas only when you order 2 plates, the menu clearly said otherwise, but no use arguing with someone who does not understand English! And to top it all, we got charged extra for items we did not order. We had to point it out and get our bill fixed - no apologies offered - simply horrible.
- I've been here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2011I've been here a few times before and am sorry to say the food wasn't as good this time. I ordered my favorite, lamb sag (Sag Gosht) and my friend chose an eggplant vegetarian dish (I think it was Achari Bengan). The lamb was okay but just didn't taste as good as I remembered. My friend and I also agreed that the eggplant dish needed more flavor.
- Excellent Food In Palo AltoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011I really enjoyed the authenticity of the food. This is Indian food with a minor British influence. Very full flavors and the ever-present warmth of curry was in the air. I was here on business, and arrived late from a prior business meeting. Palo Alto is usually a very early to close area. I am glad I found this restaurant open and ready (930pm dinner) because I was famished. I left completely contented and not overly full.Special Features:
- The buffet is pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/24/2010The buffet is pretty good with a good varieties of food like chicken and lamb. They have a good portion of vegetarian food as well... Don't mis the mango ice-cream!Special Features:
- Though the food was fine,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2010Though the food was fine, our experience was terrible. We went to dinner quite early around 7pm and left at 9pm. We had all parked in the restaurant's parking lot. As we walked out to our cars we noticed shattered glass near her car. Her car had been broken into and her back window was completed smashed out of the car, with her belongings from the trunk scattered on the ground. We called the police and we were told this was the second incidence at the same restaurant within a week. I wish the owner had done more to secure the area, he told us his cameras do not extend to the end of the lot and this has happened before. This is not what I expected at all from my low key dinner. I don't feel safe going to this restaurant again.
- I am surprised by all theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2010I am surprised by all the great reviews. We went for the dinner buffet. The food was passable but not that great. The appetizers were fine and the dinner itself was only fair. The mango soft-serve ice-cream wasn't that impressive but the gulab-jamun were very good. I think I will try their sweet shop and stick to that. I'm Indian 2nd generation and I've eaten a lot of Indian food in my life. I don't think we'll go back.