Pasquales on MacLeod
6806 Macleod Trail
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Pasquales on MacLeod
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pasquales.ca/
- Phone: 4032520553x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Barile
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We hold two private rooms within the restaurant. The parameters of both allow for functions ranging from professional power point presentations, to elegant weddings, and more. The smaller of the two spaces has a capacity of 22, the larger seats up to 60. Both rooms share the same comfortable and classy atmosphere that Pasquales has to offer, with no additional cost for them. Set menus can be provided upon request. Menus are flexible according to budget, and are made with respect to client"s personal preferences. If open menu is preferred it is available for groups up to 30. Please call (403)252-0553 for private room booking.
- Private Party Contact: Nina Barile 4032520553x
A word from Pasquales on MacLeod
As a restaurant that has been in business for 30 years, Pasquales has a loyal following of regular customers. We are a family run operation, and we take pride in our quality food and service. Our consistency, wide variety, and fresh food everyday are why people leave satisfied and always come back. Our menu is extensive, we specialize in fine Italian cuisine but also offer a well-focused selection of North American classics, perfect for the lunch crowd. The atmosphere is relaxed, and modern, with a classic feel. Come dine with us and see what everyone's talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasquales on MacLeod reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)good for groups (17)romantic (12)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- TmixDined on 9/19/2014Service and food was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Impressed from beginning to end!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit disappointedjustwantfoodDined on 9/6/2014Heard about the place through some friends and gave it a shot. It looked like a nice restaurant and felt cozy but the service made it feel like I was at some kind of low end diner. The food wasn't anything special considering price point and I left almost as hungry as when I arrived. As far as Italian food goes, I've had far better for much less at the olive garden....
- Great valueMisterSpiffyDined on 8/24/2014We dined on a Sunday afternoon at 2; this was a quiet time for the restaurant so there was really no noise from other patrons. Our 4-yr-old joined us and although the childrens' items are not on the menu, there are options that can be made to order. But where this restaurant really shines is the portions for the price you pay. You really get value for what you order. My wife and I would have no reservations recommending Pasquale's to others and we plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Dining al frescourbanefinkDined on 8/5/2014An August evening found us on Pasquale's (green and treed for Macleod Trail) patio. Our server was very obliging. My Mom has veal Marsala whenever available – their rendition of it was lovely and rich. My husband went with the New York strip with crab, hollandaise and asparagus and thoroughly enjoyed it. No allergic reactions which he is prone to, usually triggered by processed ingredients, so the cuisine is “scratch-made”. My pepper steak was gorgeous. Each entrée was accompanied by the traditional roasted potatoes and al dente veg. So when you are looking for the classics perfectly prepared for a reasonable price (under $30, except for the surf and turf), layered with seamless service on a nice patio, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My steak was not that great for the price I paid. I have had better steaks in a bar. (Steak sandwich ). My daughters law and her mother had the same as me and we all agree it was not that good for the price we paidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Italian food.NicoGeroDined on 8/4/2014I have visited various restaurants that said they make Italian dishes. However far from what they say. I can recommend Pasquales without hesitation. I worked for an Italian company in Calgary and I will be happy to recommend Pasquales. In fact, I've already did it.Special Features:
- Exceptional QualitygrillerDined on 8/1/2014Was asked to plan a birthday dinner and Pasquales was agreed upon. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome by the smiling staff, almost as you've been invited to dinner with family you haven't seen for a while. Then menu hasn't changed, the specials were popular but I had come for the Dry Ribs and Caesar Salad. The food came out all together and hot, the kitchen has timing down so no one waits and the food doesn't stay up on the pass very long. The portions are large but not too overwhelming. 3 of the group had Cannelloni & it was amazing. Homemade pasta and the fresh sauce was outstanding; I usually find it overly salty but not at Pasquales. from start to finish the experience was exceptional. I can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:
- Pasquale's reviewPauloDined on 7/29/2014Pasquales on Macleod has good good they burger is best on the menu. But it is only avaliable from 11:00 am - 4:30 pm every daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasquale's ReviewthesourceDined on 7/25/2014Inside was nicely decorated and the service good. Yet, the food was not impressive. 12 years ago, the brunch menu was exceptional but in the last two years the food quality is not the same. This place needs a new chef or a new menu. I ordered crab stuffed mushrooms for an appy and I couldn't eat most of it. There was very little crab, it was like I was eating a tbs full of cream cheese on an under seasoned cap! For dinner I had the chicken pollo. The only good item on the plate was the chicken. The asparagus was soggy, the Hollandaise was cold and congealed (clumpy not nice sauce and way too salty). My husband had the chicken parmigiana and he said it was adequate. Too much cheese & lacking in flavor. He'd rather eat at an Italian place.Special Features:
- Consistent Fall-BackhappytoreturnDined on 7/21/2014We find Pasquales fits the bill on many occasions. We love that it's a cut above most "family" restaurants, has linens and footed glassware - but isn't as costly as many high ends. The ambience is definitely more to formal and it's laid out in such a way that you can find more secluded corners, a larger room great for groups or a cozy fireplace table. They're also very accommodating re: special requests.Special Features:
- Long time fanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Once again Pasquale's met my every expectation. My go to spot for any occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDinerguyDined on 6/28/2014We have eaten a few times at Pasquale's, but have been there more frequently in the last while, and very time we have eaten dinner here, we have enjoyed it immensely! The service was great, we feel very welcome whenever we come. Food was fresh, hot and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSammiikDined on 6/14/2014We had gone out to Pasquales for my moms 50th birthday and we were ok with it. The food was pretty good but the silverware was dirty. It was busy so I understand why the service was a little bare. They did offer my mom a free desert for her birthday which was a nice touch. As a last resort place I would go again but not my first choice.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable EveningJPRJDined on 6/14/2014Dining here is always pleasant. We were seated in the far room (not the room with the fireplace) near a ceiling speaker. As it was difficult to converse we asked if the sound could be turned down and it was immediately. This made conversation more pleasant though the dining room did fill up with happy customers. The Salmon & Halibut Provenzale was cooked perfectly and the Scallopini Caprice and a shared Cheese Cake with Blueberry sauce were enjoyed to the last bite. Service was attentive and friendly. We are looking forward to a return visit to try another of the many menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sylvia StewartOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The 6 of us had a wonderful time. It's nice that you can get together with a group and have a conversation without coming out with a sore throat from yelling so you can hear one another. The food great. Our waiter was great, he had a couple of blips but nothing to get upset about. He noted them, apologized and got on with the service. The gals at the front desk were great. They made you feel at home from the minute you walked in. That to me is huge. I hate going into a place that has "nose in the air" hostess's Thank you for a enjoyable evening SylviaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but felt rushed!Foodlover90Dined on 6/7/2014Food was delicious but I wish the portions were just a bit bigger. I think that considering that the restaurant is just a tad nicer than another chain Italian restaurant, the service should be better. But our service was just acceptable, and we were given our bill early then our server said "no rush", and I noticed that no other table was given their bills early and the restaurant didn't seem terribly busy either so I didn't appreciate that. But other server who just walks around with a pitcher of water was very good and attentive, my cup was never empty for long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAnneDined on 6/6/2014Food are always good, staff friendly. It was my daughter's birthday and the friendly waitress surprised her with a nice desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initial Greeting not great BUT...skwilliDined on 6/6/2014When we arrived for our reservation, we were greeted by a bartender who was not very friendly. I had originally made a reservation for 5 people but when we arrived, the number changed to 4. When I advised the bartender, she let out a huge sign like she was annoyed & said, "so & so will be back in a minute to seat you. Given that, the food was good, the ambience was good but what made our evening was the waitress. She was engaged, funny & friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to friends & family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I have not been to Pasquale's since 1999. The change in atmosphere, the experience and the food was fantastic. What made it even better was the cheerful, knowledgeable, and attentive service provided by out server. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2014The food was lacking but the service was great. Won't be back. There are a lot of places in Calgary where for $200.00 we can get a better meal.
- Always ReliableHappyDinerDined on 5/26/2014This is a great Calgary family owned restaurant and we have been dining there for years. The menu is sufficiently extensive that it isn't boring, yet always reliable when you have a penchant for a familiar "comfort food" item. Needless to say it is authentically Italian with Pasquale as the chef/owner. I go there for business lunches & suppers in a booth where we can spread out papers, and also for quiet meals with family and friends. The back rooms are great when I've had small groups & presentations that need some privacy. The décor and ambience is a good blend of pleasant and modern functional. Service staff is always friendly and efficient. Lots of regulars go there for a reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Pasquales on MacLeod reviews archive.
- new2townnew2townDined on 5/19/2014Food was really good! Lots of choice, would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great TimeRossiDined on 5/17/2014We were looking for romantic, with great food and service, and that was fulfilled! Very attentive staff and did not feel rushed, all of our dishes we were more than happy with. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HostessAlex13Dined on 5/9/2014not sure if the hostess was the owner or not, I made an assumption she was, but very friendly, welcoming, personable and fun to chat with. To me, that initial experience, sets the tone for the rest of the evening at any establishment.Special Features:
- a favoriteflinflonDined on 4/22/2014great food, great service. recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Good but not great.loveitalianDined on 4/21/2014It was a good experience but not great. I ordered a veal dish and as it was good it wasn't wow. I wouldn't say I would go back for that dish. My husband had seafood piscatory, and he claimed the calamari was rubbery. The caesar salad was amazing. And so was my chocolate mousse. The service was alright. It looked like she had a hard time smiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great2meetDined on 4/16/2014I quite liked being able to book on line and get a confirmation right away. Our service and food were very good. Enjoyed our lunch. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appitizer to DessertFridayFoodiesDined on 4/11/2014I was a great evening with great food from stuffed mushroom appies to crème caramel dessert and a steak cooked to perfection in-between. I will come again to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ace serviceHappydinerDined on 4/11/2014I never had trouble booking a table of 8 and don't have to wait. Good service, good food and kids friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightDebbieDined on 4/7/2014We were a group of 8 plus a 5 month old baby. The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. The only problem was that the washroom had no space to change a baby diaper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place for lunchDTM0603Dined on 4/7/2014Pasquales is a lovely restaurant with friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. It's the perfect place to have a conversation without the din of loud music and rushed wait staff. The food was well presented and the service was excellent. The starched tablecloths and napkins were a welcome touch of class. We have now added Pasquales on our list of "go to restaurants" when meeting friends for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We arrived early and they seated us right away which was very nice. Unfortunately it was a busy area with lots of traffic. Service from the waitress was excellent except we missed out on any bread others were receiving. Tastes better than most we have eaten at and portions were more than enough, We enjoy a more quite atmosphere, to talk, so we will not be returning. Above average eatery but not our 1st choice.Special Features:
- I Liked - Hubby Loved!dcpv1Dined on 3/8/2014I really liked Pasquales and thought the service & food was really good. My husband thought it was fantastic! We went there for my in-laws 43rd anniversary and there were no complaints from any one of the 5 of us. My son ordered the chicken fingers but loved my penne pasta with rose sauce the best! We started off with the mushroom caps and they were a little different with the tomato sauce on top but tasted great, (they are however very rich). My husband had the ribs and caesar salad and loved them! Our server was great she was funny and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday supperBuffDined on 3/7/2014My wife, myself and adult children all went out for my wife's birthday. Our server was quick to welcome us and get us started on drinks. The meals were all ordered quickly and the bread and appys arrived shortly afterwards. Everyone commented on how good the meals were. It was our first time but we will be coming back.Special Features:
- Pretty goodFatpandasneezesVIPDined on 3/7/2014I (23) came with my Mom on a Friday night, and we found it pretty good. I had the rack of lamb, she had the Fettucine Pescatore. The rack was ordered medium-rare, but was served at around a medium, which wasn't a big deal. Our server, Nicole, was very good though, and made sure to check on us and ensure we had everything we needed. All in all, if you're in the area, it's a great place to stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passionate for Pasquale'sLuv2eatDined on 3/1/2014We hadn't been here for dinner for a few years, but decided we should check it out again. The service was wonderful and the food was just amazing. We will not wait so long to go back again.Special Features:
- Great food, very slowmoviegoersDined on 3/1/2014Our waitress was great, food was good, but very slow in coming. Others who came 3/4 hour after we ordered (and there was nothing complicated) and were eating their food we still waited for ours.Special Features:
- Took my wife there for Valentine'sLynsterDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife there for Valentine's Day. They did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Love the setting and food was great you can never go wrong with Italian food. It was the first time for my girlfriend and she liked it veary much, and then finishing the night off with desert was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking is at a premium, weOrganizerDined on 2/1/2014Parking is at a premium, we had to park 3 blocks from the restaurant.Special Features: