Pasha - NYC
70 West 71st Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
TurkishPrice: $31 to $50
Pasha - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pashanewyork.com/
- Phone: 2125798751
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:30pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Kemal Binici
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Pasha - NYC
With its deep red walls and skylight dining room, Pasha is one of the best Turkish restaurants in North America. Anyone who wants to take a "magical carpet ride" to Istanbul in a very elegant and comfortable ambience and warm and friendly service should visit Pasha.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasha - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (10)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- a great surprisepickyVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food was very good, the service was friendly, and above all else, it was quiet. At last---a place where one can have a relaxed meeting, discuss things quietly, and not have to shout to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasha is Perfect!muttersUWSDined on 8/20/2014We have visited twice, the second time with a group of 6. The food is delicious, well priced and will have you dreaming of sunny days by a Turkish beach. Staff members are efficient and friendly. Try the cocktails too or after dinner Turkish coffee in the colourful bar area or pavement terrace.Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday supperStaceyVIPDined on 8/17/2014I don't live on the UWS but I have been to Pasha a few times and always have a wonderful experience. This is an old school neighborhood favorite with lovely ambiance, excellent attentive service and delicious food. The grape leaves are outstanding!Special Features:
- great as alwaysWalinda2VIPDined on 8/8/2014i have never been disappointed in a meal at Pasham. the food is delicious and the service attentive.eSpecial Features:
- Delicious and Great StaffTgold1Dined on 8/4/2014The food was excellent. We ordered several small plates. Great place for a light meal. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Neighborhood stapledancingfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Pasha has been a neighborhood staple for years, and with good reason: the food is good, the service outstanding and it's not as noisy as many newer restaurants.Special Features:
- Still excellentJanDVIPDined on 7/17/2014Six of us had dinner to celebrate a birthday. We had a lovely round table in the back. We've been coming to Pasha for years and are always pleased to see that the quality is still high. I had the lamb shank -deliciousSpecial Features:
- sunshineVIPDined on 7/16/2014Had not been here in years and decided to go again. The space is lovely with the likely opportunity to have a quiet conversation which is a rarity these days. The menu is varied affording good choices of Turkish fare and drink. The service as in the past starts off well enough but quickly deteriorates so that you have to look for assistance which negates much of the positive here. Still it has been here for a long time and does deserve a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln Center DinnerAlanDined on 6/16/2014My wife, a friend, and I had a lovely dinner pre-ballet and then had a lovely post dinner walk to Lincoln Center. The food was delicious, freshly prepared, the service excellent, and all-in-all a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsLouiseDined on 6/10/2014The food was delicious and very copious. The atmosphere is lovely and it is quiet enough that you can actually hear your dinner companions speaking and they can hear you! What a rarity and what a wonderful thing that is.Special Features:
- Main courses not greatNOneDined on 6/7/2014Appitizer was delicious. Main course of chicken was dry and way to much. Will not be back in a while
- Friendly and reliableChrisGVIPDined on 6/6/2014Pasha is our "go to" place when we go to an event at Lincoln Center. The food is delicious, service friendly, and it's a reliable place. We also like being just out of the crowded mob scenes at some restaurants that are closer to Lincoln Center. Pasha is a short walk to Lincoln Center, and very civilized.Special Features:
- 6pm birthday dinnerDissappointedDined on 5/31/2014Beautiful décor, attentive busboys, mediocre food. Took my mom and her friends for a birthday dinner. Tried about 7 appetizers - ranged from decent presentation to truly disappointing (the artichoke). Mains were predictable. Once the waiter took our order he left us alone- to the point were it took about 10-15 minutes to get our check at the end of our meal. The restaurant could be so much better. The food was Turkish in name but lacked authenticity. Would not return.
- A Lincoln Center OptionGeordyVIPDined on 5/28/2014Really wanted to love this place..been meaning to try for a bit. Looks nice when you enter....main dining room a bit of let down. Someone in kitchen banging salt shakers on to a tray was the welcoming noise. Lots of wait staff talking to each other , but mysteriously gone when you need a sharper knife to cut the over done on top chicken breast. Starter arrived same time as bread and olive oil. Tried the crispy phyllo dough stuffed with feta and dill..could have used a sauce or dip. The rest of the chicken breast was good as was the stuffing and sauce. If I went back would stick to mezze items. An owner or manager is needed even at the early pre-theatre dinner times to oversee staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, friendly staffCultureJunkieDined on 5/26/2014Had a delicious pre-theater (Lincoln Center) meal here the other night - very gracious service, outstanding food - everything was just delicious. Calamari was perfectly cooked, tender, not a hint of greasiness: arugula salad was bright tasting and just singing on the tongue; lamb entree over pureed eggplant was outstanding (really, really delicious). Cocktails were generous size too! Very welcoming, attentive wait staff. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- floridagalDined on 5/16/2014good prix fixe before going to Lincoln Center. the restaurant is larger than it appears. Not noisy despite the many customers.Special Features:
- Accommodating and deliciousStillworkingDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I had a pre-theater dinner at Pasha. The large, attractive dining room was only half full and the noise level allowed conversation. While my wife can eat anything she likes, I am on a salt-restricted diet and need to avoid additional salt in foods. The waiter was very accommodating to my requests and we ordered a Shepard's Salad to start. While my wife enjoyed her lamb chops and potatoes, I had trout and steamed vegetables. Her wine was delicious, as was the whole meal, and it was reasonably priced too. We plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014food was good, a few dishes disappointing, a few dishes outstanding. I suppose it is trial and error. Would go back.
- Consistant good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Pasha is a good spot for us to go for dinner when we are in the area. The food and service is very good, and we love their prix fix menu. We recommend it to all our friends. Keep up the good work Pasha!Special Features:
- The following 565 reviews are from the Pasha - NYC reviews archive.
- Six Happy PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2014Six of us enjoyed various dishes from the interesting Turkish prix fixe menu and enjoyed a bottle of Turkish red wine. It was quiet enough for us to enjoy good conversation at a round table in a corner. Everyone declared it an excellent choice near Lincoln Center and spoke of returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lincoln centerRosieDined on 4/23/2014We are frequent diners at Pasha before a Lincoln center performance. We have always found the food very nice, the service delightful and the noise level comfortable. I would definitely recommend pasha for per performance dinner.Special Features:
- Lovely setting, food just OKMeyersuDined on 4/18/2014Pasha's food should be better than it is. The place is lovely, the service attentive without being intrusive, and it is one of those rare restaurants were there isn't music blaring and one can actually have a conversation with one's dinner companion. The food is -- ok. Not great, not bad. Some dishes fare better than others, particularly among the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can I Give More Stars?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014Every time my husband and I go to NYC, we hit Pasha. It's that good. The yogurt kebab haunts my dreams...so good!!Special Features:
- Very good Turkish fare inOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/7/2014Very good Turkish fare in a relaxed setting, with good service, at very reasonable prices. Hard to ask for more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for pre-concert,pianoladyDined on 4/7/2014Terrific for pre-concert, but also a wonderful treat for out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish fine cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The food was well presented but most importantly, was well cooked and seasoned. All the plates we ordered, and we were four of us with different taste, were delicious and a pleasure for the palate. We also enjoyed the calming ambience of the restaurant and the homy decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food:side order of misogynyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/2/2014Pasha is a reliable UWS place for good Turkish food. The appetizers are excellent, especially the eggplant. One could easily order a raft of appetizers and the apricots for dessert and would make you a satisfied diner. However, I was troubled when I arrived for an early dinner with a friend. We, both women, were seated in the unattractive, bleak side room when the lovely dining room was nearly empty. We requested the main dining room and were re-seated there. When we left the restaurant, I peeked into the side room and was not surprised to see that it was full of tables populated by women - so one wonders, why is this happening? Is there an undercurrent of misogyny in the management which sees fit to seat its women customers in Siberia?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great serviceBuckmanDined on 3/26/2014Dined there before a Lincoln Center performance. The pr/fx offered a sufficient variety of delectable items. This was our first time there but we will be sure to return.Special Features:
- Always enjoy dining here.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Always enjoy dining here. In fact I have been there at least five times since January. Food is good, prices reasonable. Restaurant is spacious. One issue or annoyance is that this time we were still eating (people don't eat anyone, they enjoy) our appetizer/starter, when the servers came by with our main courses and proceeded to squeeze everything on the table even though we were not ready and while we we still eating. The table was crammed, making it difficult to negotiate the table. We finally had the servers pull another table over and we put the "overflow" there. This timing issues seems to happen frequently in NYC….one feels like one is being rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish gemSusanDined on 3/16/2014Always reliable with very tasty food. Prize fixe is a great deal. Vegetarian option delicious. Baklava highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have inside, outside and cateredHam72Dined on 3/14/2014Kemal and his team are great. We have eaten inside, on the patio and had them cater an event. The lamb patties are outrageously delicious. The dumplings are great. I love the apricots for desert. The turkish wines all wonderful. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best dining experiencesysubassoonDined on 3/14/2014Service was attentive and prompt, the Prix fixe menu was a great value, and the food was full of flavor. The bread is the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect restaurant for actuallyeatoutoftenDined on 3/9/2014perfect restaurant for actually being able to visit with the people you are dining with. lovely surroundings. delicious and interesting food.Special Features:
- A pre-theatre gem!!!DaveDined on 2/3/2014This visit we really tested the Pasha staff to show us a good dining experience. Because of enormous traffic delays at the tunnel crossing, we arrived with only 40 minutes to enjoy dinner before having to leave for our Lincoln Center opera performance. We advised the staff of this situation when we arrived and asked them if they could pace the meal to achieve that goal. We selected favorites from the pre-fixe 3 course menu, a bargain in itself, and nice Turkish wine. The staff and kitchen shined. The goal was achieved, and never did we feel rushed! The dishes were each exceptional with rich flavors, and are difficult and time consuming for anyone inclined to try to prepare them at home. Well done, Pasha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedamaryllisDined on 2/2/2014This restaurant has a good reputation though a little above the price range I usually pay, so I was disappointed that the food was good but not better than other Turkish restaurants that are less pricey in the neighborhood. More seriously, the waiter got my order completely wrong -- he brought me the same entree as my friends, though I'd ordered a different one -- and then gave me the choice of waiting for the correct one while my friends ate, or eating the wrong one which he'd already brought back to the kitchen. I chose the latter and he brought back the dish, a stuffed chicken breast, now lukewarm. NO ONE, waiter or manager, offered to compensate me until I insisted on a complimentary glass of wine. That's disgraceful.
- disappointedmocoDined on 1/30/2014I had been here twice before and had better food. Just not that good this time
- Turkish delight on the west sideOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2014We had attentive survice and good food with hummus, and lentil soup entre's . I had the stuffed chicken breast and others had the chicken en brochette. The Pri Fixe menu was a great deal for New York City. We would definitely to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014We were a group of friends meeting for dinner and enjoyed our evening at Pasha. The service and food were both very good. Authentic flavors and tastes, and the food was very fresh! Would recommend to a friend, and will return there myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great for Pre-Theatre DiningDaveDined on 1/16/2014We've been to this place a number of times over the years, and always had the same delightful experience whether pre-theatre or just special occasion family dining. Traffic through the tunnels made us about 30 min late for our reservation, so we called, and they no problem. When our waiter came, we asked him to ensure the cadence was set so we could finish within an hour, and that we'd choose from the pre-fixe menu. He wonderfully achieved that without us feeling any rush. The setting is pleasant. The food is excellent, and you feel like you've been transported into a different culture. Everything has unique flavors and beautiful presentation, and portions are generous but not gargantuan. Dinner for two is under $100 with wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go!BonAppetitDined on 1/14/2014Service was impeccable, seating commodious, food plentiful, presented well, fresh and very tasty. If you can manage the dinner prix fixe, there are multiple choices for each of the three courses, including authentic Turkish delicacies and assorted teas and coffee. Since we share, we enjoyed many taste sensations including lamb, seafood, and all vegetarian. Water goblets were filled without asking, olive oil came with Greek olives, and even the pita was great! Pasha is a great way to launch a Lincoln Center evening...or to put you in a favorable mood for anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.