340 W 22nd St
Norfolk, VA 23517Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pashamezze.com/
- Phone: 7576271318x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 9:30pm
Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 9:30pm
Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm Saturday & Sunday
Breakfast 8:00am - 11:00am Monday - Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: http://www.pashamezze.com/home/privateevents
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private lounge in the rear of the restaurant and a fully private coffee house available for events.The lounge is a very comfortable, intimate room which seats up to 25 and the coffee house is eclectic & chic seating up to 30. Perfect for parties, meetings, presentations.
Our main dining room seats 60+ and can be available for wedding receptions and other events. Our outdoor patio area is perfect for cocktails and appetizers or any menu item and seats about 40.
- Entertainment: Currently we have an excellent guitar player for Sunday Brunch. Classic, Jazz, R&B, oldies, etc. We offer brunch from 10am to 3pm and our entertainment plays 10am - 2pm
A word from Pasha Mezze
Pasha Mezze Restaurant, Coffee House and Catering is a family owned Turkish restaurant, which originally opened in Chesapeake in 2003. Initially we sold some grocery items and home decor from Turkey. We also served a couple items to dine in, which eventually raised a demand for variety and expanded seating from our loyal customers. More and more guests returned as they loved the hospitality as much as the food we served. To satisfy the expectations of our clientele and future friends we relied on our original Turkish recipes to prepare dishes that were nourishing and healthy with great taste! From farm to table and organic, whenever we can, our meat is Halal and our Turkish tea is original. Our Baklava, Red Lentil Soup and Hummus are award-winning and our Quinoa Tabouli and Kale Salad are outstanding. The Sunday Brunch offers a unique and tasty menu. We provide delicious Turkish food with Mediterranean and American influences in a warm and inviting environment. Come join us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasha Mezze reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good, but not greatLuv2dineDined on 7/12/2014The Turkish food is good, but I wouldn't add this restaurant to my favorites list. I like the atmosphere best of all. Our waiter seemed a little pushy. We wanted to have a leisurely dinner, and even though the restaurant wasn't crowded, we felt rushed to order, and leave when we were done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY "FIND"Likes2ExploreDined on 6/15/2014This "easy to find" restaurant was the perfect place to surprise my hubby for Father's Day. The choice of healthy variety was excellent, the presentation very attractive, and the portions perfect (but we did come with good appetites). The clientele were of all ages. Our waitress was excellent - answering many questions about foods/dishes we'd not heard of, and explaining food preparation when we inquired. We have already recommended Pasha Mezze to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for lunch!odufacDined on 6/13/2014I love the food, the decor and the service is excellent too. I had never been for dinner before now and I now know why it is best for lunch: very loud train horns in the late evening. Otherwise, this place is a gem. The food is amazing and the backroom and patio are lovely!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014First time and I will be back, loved the food! Very happy that there were several items on the menu which can accommodate my vegan/glutin FREE daughter!!Special Features:
- Turkish Food in NorfolktarryhDined on 6/5/2014I have been to Pasha before. While not serving traditional Turkish food cooked like my aunt Ayse, it was good and clearly Middle Eastern. So I took friends there expecting the same experience, and certainly telling them it was not a "Turkish restaurant" before hand. We ate in the garden. The service was excellent. Even the occasional train passing by was cool. The food, however, was not so great. Two of the primary offerings, Kofte and Chicken Kebabs were overdone and improperly spiced. The Kofte was hot, dry and served on a slice of bread. There was a side of salsa and some yogurt but honestly, even if you wanted to call it some kind of fusion cuisine (Tex-Mex meets Istanbul??), it was barely edible. We left most on the plate.Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Pasha Mezze reviews archive.
- Pasha MezzeTXAg82Dined on 5/31/2014We had brunch-great food for all, with delicious vegan options. Outside seating area is great. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Norfolk.Special Features:
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014This was my first time attending Pasha Mezze. The food was great, the service was superb. I will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family get together!!foodiecu5Dined on 5/12/2014It was a belated Mother's Day and daughter was visiting from Chicago, great atmosphere and great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedliv2eatDined on 5/3/2014We have been to Pasha Mezze several times and enjoyed it very much (would have rated it a 4 or 5!). One of our favorite local restaurants. Food previously was different, well prepared and presented, and not overly filling. Sitting outside is delightful, even when a train comes by! But this time was disappointing. My wife's chicken was way underdone, and even after sending it back to the kitchen it just wasn't good. Salad was a bit on the meager side. I got the feeling that they may be coasting on their reputation. They did get us out in time for our post-dinner concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't get to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2014When we arrive, the restaurant was closing and said that Opentable had mad a mistake with the times.
- YumKatKatDined on 4/5/2014Second time coming here...definitely will be back. The food is wonderful. I had the hummus wrap with kale and black beans and the kale was very fresh. Also had the vegan chocolate and peanut butter pie and it was surprisingly good! The atmosphere there is comfortable and everyone there was very nice. Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing!MarLeeDined on 3/29/2014The food was great. It was great to see a menu full of healthy, natural food choices that are deliciously prepared. They offer a lot of gluten free fare as well for those on a restricted diet.Special Features:
- Discovery at Pasha MezzeGilFDined on 3/29/2014We have enjoyed the Sunday Brunch at Pashas many times. This latest visit required a Saturday morning visit. Had no idea that they have the same Brunch Menu on Saturdays. Nice surprise! What we really noticed was that the crowds were much less and the noise level much more to our liking. Will probably bring friends and guests that we want to introduce to this wonderful restaurant . The Turkish Sampler off the Brunch menu was wonderful (we are slowly working our way through the entire menu). The perfect ending is ordering a quart of their famous and tasty Red Lentil Soup for carry out. Had it for dinner at home last night.Special Features:
- Pasha is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Pasha is one of my favorite restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful and the service is excellent. The atmosphere is casual but the decor is fun and interesting. Most importantly the food is delicious! You can order exotic dishes or simple fare and the menu has a lot to offer for those who are vegan or gluten free. I definitely recommend this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Very happy with vegetarian/vegan availability and the food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnrecommendableZorpoDined on 2/14/2014I wish there was anything about the restaurant that stood out as laudable or worthy of a recommendation. The food was fine, the service was confused (granted, this was on Valentine's day), and the seating and table setup were cramped and uncomfortable. No dish stood out as outstanding, but the food was OK, if not terribly filling. For a Mediterranean restaurant their baklava was less good than what the Naro (a movie theatre) sells. I guess I was just disappointed to go with my date to some place that had average food, average service and below average atmosphere.
- Love it!TriathleteDined on 2/14/2014The food is always fabulous, the wait staff make excellent wine pairing recommendations, and the atmosphere is very relaxed. This is my go-to place when friends or family come in from out of town. Always something for everyone--gluten free, vegetarian, Paleo, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not very happy withEatMeDined on 2/7/2014I was not very happy with using open table because when I arrived at the restaurant they did not even have my reservation. Luckily it was not very busy and there where tables available.Special Features:
- Great fresh foodUmigirlDined on 1/24/2014We had a delicious birthday lunch. The food was fresh and flavorful...wonderful Turkish specialties. I haven't had a bad meal at Pasha Mezze !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at PashaFitnessbabeVIPDined on 1/23/2014Stopped in for a small dinner on 23 January 2014 before a yoga class, so I didn't want to nosh too much. Pasha is a great restaurant and I have eaten here about 5-6 times. I love their food, which is fit for gluten-free and vegetarian diners like me! They now have a self-service menu (meaning "take out") that they just implemented a week ago. Go to Pasha if you love healthy and flavorful Mediterranean food! Their lentil soup is spectacular! Thank you Pasha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusualy in a great wayChessyDined on 1/5/2014I love, love, love this restaurant the food and menu are unusually in a great way. They do have the more basic entree's but they also have a lot of entrees with ethnic flair. Every time I go to this restaurant, I am amazed how fresh the food is and how well cooked it is. I ordered a poached egg cooked medium and I think this is the first time a restaurant ever got that right. Another reason I love this restaurant is that it is good for my vegetarian friends giving them lots of options but also good for us nonvegitarians. The service was also friendly and fantastic. This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveIknowfoodDined on 12/31/2013Only complaint would be with the large order of humus (there were 4 of us), the order came with 2 pita like wedges. Ended up Purchasing more pita. Thought this was lame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good ServiceFoodie1Dined on 12/29/2013The food was very good Service was slower than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ours was a birthday celebration/ChrOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Ours was a birthday celebration/Christmas gift exchange get-together. Accommodations were great, we were made to feel welcome, we were looked after well and Adam, our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillTimmyDined on 10/8/2013My wife and I used to love Pasha, but I finally noticed what she has been saying for some time: something has changed, and it's not for the better. The hostess brought out the food, but no small plates for use with the apps. Next, she gave me the bottle of sparkling water I ordered, but did not remove the cap (not a twist off, either)...no ice in the glass. The zucchini puffs were room temperature at best. The hummus had 3 medium pita chips, but the portion is way more than 3 chips worth...and last time I was in Turkey, they did not eat hummus with a spoon and no bread. As for the entrees, it seems like they have gone with more stuffing and less meat in an effort to cut cost. Too bad...it used to be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy and delicious!JordanVIPDined on 10/3/2013Three totally different meals and everyone was pleased! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of soup :(LornaDined on 9/29/2013they were out of lentil soup at noon on a sunday, that was dissapointing. It was also loud and there was live music in the front room which is generally nice, but too much when you want to talk, not sure if there is a way to get volume on that down. That was loud in front room and volume level of general talk was loud in back room. We managed of course. They were also out of a lot of items outside of the soup which seemed odd for a sunday afternoon although the only thing that I was interested in was the soup. They did accomodate our desire to be in the back- food was overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passionate for PashaJordanVIPDined on 9/26/2013Fresh, healthy and delicious. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialeddieBDined on 9/21/2013Very unique restaurant...my wife is vegan and they have a great selection to dishes that accomodate her needs. I left my experience in the hands of Jason our server who recommended a wonderful chicken/spinach/rice dish.....AWESOME! Can't wait to get back there...might become our new regular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasha MezzeTXAg82Dined on 9/20/2013This is one of my favorite restaurants in Norfolk. Always amazing food, great vegan options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceJayWDined on 9/5/2013Pasha's has been one of my favorite Norfolk restaurants for a long time. We normally have Sunday brunch and this was our first dinner experience. The meal was outstanding (I had the chicken with spinach over rice)! Pasha's humus is easily the best I've ever had. They are making a push to buy local, organic produce, you have to love a local restaurant that supports local farmers and is able to maintain their pricing and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Few FrillskjoyDined on 8/24/2013Best hummus that I've ever had, and great spicy walnut dip!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful tapas with Turkish flairGilFDined on 8/11/2013We travel more than an hour to visit Pasha Mezzie. Always delightful food' a true adventure. The Sunday brunch adds some items not on the daily menu. Wait staff is always attentive and offer suggestions. I never leave without ordering a quart of their signature red lentil soup for take home. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ethnic food!AndyInNCDined on 8/3/2013This is a great place if you enjoy ethnic food, and it's especially good if you're a vegetarian. Lots of robust flavors and a large variety of appetizers, small plates, and entrees. The four of us shared a sampler plate with our cocktails. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. This is a fun place to go with a group, as long as people are willing to step outside "regular" cuisine. This was a good taste of Turkey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasha MezzeTXAg82Dined on 7/28/2013Amazing food with wonderful vegan options. If you like creative Mediterranean food, this is the place to come. Weekend brunch is delicious with home made jams and a variety of plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant - Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013This restaurant was recommended to me by a family member. We were came in town 4 hours away for a concert. Everything was great except for our server. She was very blah, seemed inexperienced, was not welcoming or friendly. I wouldn't even recommend her to work at McDonalds. Thankfully the food and atmosphere was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining with a vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013My husband is a vegetarian, so I always keep that in mind when we decide to eat out. Pasha Mezze was perfect! I had chicken, he had a lentil wrap. He loved it so much, he tried to make it at home. We'll be going back to Pasha for really good lentil wraps!Special Features:
- My Favorite SpotPashaDined on 7/10/2013This is the place we had our wedding reception at. It is a gem and the staff is excellent. We have had several from our reception start going here and it is also a local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trouble tableAiloDined on 7/3/2013With six people we can be a bit of trouble. Our servier was outstanding. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013Every time my family is in the area we have to stop here. The food is so great and the service is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.