644 Center Point Way
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.pashaland.com/
- Phone: 3012162223
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar open until 1:30am
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Haj Zouine Elfassi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call us three days ahead of your event, ask about our catering menu packages, choose the one that suits your budget, and let us team up to please even the most discerning taste buds. Our catering menu ranges from 35 to 65 dollars per person.
- Private Party Facilities: Come celebrate your event at Pasha Land restaurant. We host weddings, private parties, and Mitzvahs for up to seventy people. As a natural crossroads of Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Morocco’s cuisine has been influenced by both Spanish and French culture, while still maintaining its traditional tagines and couscous.
- Private Party Contact: Ahmed Zouine 3012162223
- Entertainment: Belly dancing Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00pm with live music. Free Salsa lesson on Fridays at 9:30pm and Latino night until 2:00am Saturdays, International music from 10:00pm until 2:00am Special events welcome!
- Special Events: You can reserve Pasha Land for your special event any day except Friday night and Saturday night. Call to find out about our reasonable room fees.
A word from Pasha Land
Enjoy the best homemade authentic Moroccan & Mediterranean food you've ever had. We offer a friendly family atmosphere and are located in the unique Kentland’s Square Market Shopping center in Gaithersburg, Maryland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasha Land reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Exotic DelightOpsimathVIPDined on 9/16/2014Pasha is like a scene out of Ali Baba, beautiful decor, very authentic. Take a selfie and your friends will think you are in Morocco. The dishes are authentic and delicious, especially rhe lamb and the merguez sausage with hummus.Special Features:
- Wow, how is this place not famouseatinoutDined on 9/10/2014The food: amazing. Service: outstanding. We had the Walima feast for two. The soups were subtly seasoned, and a good introduction to the flavors to come. The chicken bastilla is now on my top ten list of favorite foods ever. The lamb was delicate and delicious, and the chicken with lemon and olives a nice balance to it, for a very well-rounded selection of flavors in a single meal. I like the idea of a variety of dishes in one meal :) And do yourself a favor, leave room for dessert. We had both the baklava that came with our feast, and a piece of syruped cake that still managed to feel light and not unhealthy, and oh so delicious. All in all, a fabulous dining experience, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!ElladanDined on 8/16/2014We had the feast for two and it was awesome. Soup, salad, Bastilla (this was especially good), lemon and olive chicken (ok), lamb and baklava (surprisingly not too sweet!). We ordered a bottle of wine, but they only had a partially bottle of the one we wanted. They we so apologetic and, of course, gave it to us at a discount. The service was awesome and very polite. We went on a Friday night and they had a belly dancer and a Moraccan guitar/hand cymbals which was awesome. We stayed after a while to see the show. The mint tea was the perfect topper to the evening. Go with your partner, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- an14jean14jeDined on 8/9/2014Great food, soup, drink. Attentive service by waiter. Music and belly dancer very lively. Thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great food and experience!YnotEatgoodDined on 8/1/2014Took my friend here for her birthday and had a great time, they even had the band sing to her. The belly dancing was wonderful and very enjoyable...don't be surprised if she wants you to join her :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Morrocan foodmusselsDined on 8/1/2014Average morrocan fare. Pip rice is reasonable and has live entertainment Friday/Saturday nights with an excellent musician and belly dancer. No cover charge for the entertainment .Special Features:
- lamb dishes to go for!OHBoyVIPDined on 7/30/2014Spacious dining hall ethinically decorated, a different but nice experience. Dined here 3x - group lunch, mother's day dinner, and lunch, all were excellent. The lamb shank, tender meat off the bone, crunchy almond = delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food9livesleftDined on 7/24/2014Pasha land is Moroccan food prepared by Moroccans and the authenticity and care put into the food make it stand out. From Bastilla, a chicken dish cased in flaky pastry, to perfectly cooked steaks there is something for everyone. Loved the eggplant salad and the lamb tagine. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night out, without going to DCASHKDined on 7/18/2014Pasha was a good local neighborhood spot. Food was good. The bastila was unique and very good. You would not think that a chicken dish, wrapped in pastry dough and dusted with powdered sugar would be good, but trust me, it was. Great recommendation by the waiter. The couscous however, was a little underwhelming. A bit bland. Lamb shank was cooked well, nice and tender, but I wish it had a little more flavor. Pass on the baklava also, very dry. Belly dancer was a nice touch and made the night our special. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mediterranean FoodPeaceLoverDined on 6/27/2014Ambiance was good with live Moroccan music. Service was friendly but appeared overwhelmed due to a sudden surge of customers. Good place for a Friday evening dinner if you like Mediterranean food. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie4FunVIPDined on 6/13/2014Good food and energetic music with belly dancing on the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Friday nightTrayCeilingsVIPDined on 6/13/2014We went for the first time on a Friday night. There was live music and belly dancing, which was really fun, but it makes the place VERY loud after 8:30. Don't go if you want a quiet place to talk. Food (kabobs, chicken tagine, hummus, almond cake, baklava, mint tea) was all delicious. Only thing I didn't like was the seafood bastilla, the seafood in it was not very fresh and had a heavy seafood taste to it. Our service was fantastic. We will go back!Special Features:
- Great Gem!AvidDinerDined on 6/7/2014Excellent food and service! The eggplant and humus appetizers were excellent, as well as the salads. We came here searching for very good lamb dishes and we found them. The lamb shank was excellent, and we'll try the lamb chops next time, which were highly recommended by the owner. The red snapper also sounded very good and I look forward to trying that in the future. The owner and staff were very attentive, and the live music and belly dancing really added to the ambiance. We can' wait to try this gem again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasha Land - great foodPaigeDined on 5/25/2014I went to Pasha Land with a group and everybody really enjoyed the food, the service is amazing, and we love supporting authentic Moroccan food made by Moroccans. My husband and I will be going back on Saturday nights when they have live music and entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Pasha Land reviews archive.
- Fit for a Pasha Indeed!EatAndRunDined on 5/23/2014In town to visit our parents, I chose Pasha Land from online reviews, and hit the jackpot. The owner gave us wonderful personal attention - recommending dishes and bringing samples, attentive but not hovering. We ordered two family-style meals for 6 people - more than enough (and a steal at $20/person). The quality was exceptional. Bastilla is complex - sweet/savory, crispy/stew-y. Chicken and lamb were fall-off-the-bone tender, a great duo. Pair with Lebanese red wine. Small (in a good way) not-too-heavy pastry and richly-scented mint tea closed. Noise on belly dancing nights is conversation challenging; outdoors is quiet. Pasha Land is inexpensive enough to be a regular spot, but unusual and special enough for a celebratory meal.Special Features:
- An Entertaining EveningFremenDined on 4/19/2014If you are looking for a vibrant dining experience Pasha Land is the place. It has an authentic feel and a lively atmosphere. The service was spectacular from the owner down to every server. I had a meat dish and my wife had a chicken stew dish. Both were fabulous. It was a Saturday night so there was a belly dancer who started at 8 pm. She was engaging and involved numerous people. It was good fun. The best part was the bill. 4 drinks, and 4 courses between 2 people totaled $93. Enough said.Special Features:
- Belly Dancing in the Kentlands!!!ArtfulDodgerVIPDined on 3/28/2014This family run restaurant is great! Totally did not expect to find this authentic outpost in the center of an upscale Montgomery County shopping center. The belly dancer was an added treat. Music accompanied our meal and the atmosphere was lovely. We were there for a birthday celebration and Pasha Land went out of their way to make it a VERY memorable evening. Thank you Pasha Land!Special Features:
- great!!EljohnDined on 3/15/2014Paaha Land, food was yummy. I came at the end of the belly dancer performance. But that was still fun! The staff was so gracious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The belly dancer and musicDancerVIPDined on 9/4/2013The belly dancer and music were excellent and made the evening more than just a dinner. I recommend it to anyone looking for some great Moroccan food and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morocco in the SuburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013Everyone loves this place. It has something for everyone, grandmas, kids, ladies night out, something different for a romantic couple. Everyone is treated like family. The food is authentic and filling. I have had better bastilla, but this is plenty good enough for Gaithersburg. The menu also has many choices for those that like meaty and those that like veggie.Special Features:
- Interesting eveningScotty66VIPDined on 7/6/2013We went to this restaurant to try some different food. I was not aware of the belly dancing which was an unexpected pleasure. The food was rather bland to my taste, but the hostess and waiter were accommodating. Even without the dancing, the music is rather loud and inhibits conversation at the table and was commented upon by a few diners. Try to be seated away from the musicians if you want to talk.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for fun nightIzzeDined on 6/7/2013This was my second time eating there and again, it was very pleasant. The waiter was very attentive, and friendly. The food was great and large portions. The atmosphere was very energetic. It is a great place for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable FindgritmuncherDined on 5/25/2013Were from out of town & wanted to celebrate a special anniversary. Walking into the place felt like walking into a restaurant in Morocco based on the decor and the folks eating there. Were greeted warmly by the Arabic owner who showed us to our table. Were served by what I think was an Ethiopian beauty. The humus was one of the best we have had. The main meals (we had lamb with raisin & almonds and spicy chicken) were phenomenal. The spices they use stay in your mouth for hours. The sauce that came with the chicken was slightly too hot. The Moroccan red wine tasted really good with the lamb and is highly recommend. Was a bit disappointed that they did not serve Arabic coffee, but the baklava was also one of the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was warm and friendly,JohnsonVIPDined on 5/7/2013The service was warm and friendly, the food was very good with generous portions. The highlight for us was the dessert. If you like almonds (We love them!) then you’ll love the cake. Perfect texture and a pleasant well balanced almond flavor. Great find, glad they were on opentable or we would have never eaten here.Special Features:
- Fantastic!RickVIPDined on 5/1/2013First, the service was unbeatable. Everyone is so friendly and attentive that this place puts much more expensive restaurants to shame. Second, the food was delicious. I had the lamb (which was their recommendation) and it was outstanding. So tender and tasty. We had the soup (delicious), hummus (delicious), eggplant (delicious), and tea (delicious). I could have stayed and ate all day. I will have to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solo with an annoyanceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2013Six of us went for dinner. The food was okay, although the menu did not indicate that some dishes were dusted with powdered sugar which presented a problem for the diabetic who ordered it. Service was poor; it appears that one server was covering all of the tables. Without any mention on the menu, the bill included a 20% gratuity (which was not warranted by the quality of the service). To top it off, the credit card receipt suggested a tip based on the bill which already included a tip.
- Treated Like FamilyOut2LunchDined on 3/31/2013Took my 85-year old mom to Pasha Land for midday dinner on Easter Sunday. For most of the time, we were the only ones in the restaurant. The owner and his wife treated us like family. The owner's wife does the cooking and everything we ordered was delicious and clearly freshly made. She also came to the table several times to check on us as well as to make suggestions about our food selections. She recommended a traditional Morrocan soup that was excellent. I also had the Chicken Bastilla-chicken, herbs, and ground almond mixture baked in phyllo and sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon. I have had this dish before a few times but never as good as this. On our way out the door, the owner gave mom a container of the soup to have later.Special Features:
- On a Saturday night, PashamalindakaymdDined on 3/9/2013On a Saturday night, Pasha Land was an obvious destination spot. The menu is not extensive but the food is delicious and well prepared. The lamb dishes in particular stood out for us. Moroccan music was fun and the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- What an unexpected find! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013What an unexpected find! We felt like we had dropped in on a happy family gathering. Interesting and delicious food. Fascinating entertainment.Special Features:
- Food to die for!! familyEljohnDined on 2/17/2013Food to die for!! family friendly! SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:
- A great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013If I could give 6 stars for atmosphere and ambience I would. I got a table at 8 o'clock, just before the belly dancer came out. The show was incredible. The owner/ manager of the place went out of his way to make sure everyone in the house had a great seat. I'm not an expert on Moroccan food, but the five course meals for two are great. By the end of the night, my date and I felt like we had been part of a big family get together. Kids are encouraged to dance with the music and everyone I saw was having a great time. I recommend calling ahead to confirm when the show starts and getting a reservation for just before. Otherwise your waitress will be challenged to get you your order.Special Features:
- The ambiance is great at PashaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013The ambiance is great at Pasha Land! I specifically love the energy in the restaurant during the live shows.Special Features:
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/19/2013We had one of the most amazing experiences at Pasha Land. There was a real Moroccan wedding the night we went. The whole atmosphere was warm and inviting to begin with. The food, music, and belly dancer were all wonderful. As we were leaving we talked to the owner who was just beaming all night about the wedding and asked if he knew the couple. He said bride called him and asked about having the wedding there. The owner learned that she had no family in the U.S. so he and his wife made all the special arrangements and just charged the couple for the food. What a wonderful gift!Special Features:
- Very friendly neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013Very friendly neighborhood type of restaurant. Great food for excellent prices! The music & belly dance added good entertainment to my B'day celebration. Friendly environment for families with children.Special Features:
- Nice different birthday outingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013When we first arrived around 6pm. The restaurant owner came around and greeted us. He was very friendly and so were the staff and other patrons. We really enjoyed ourselves and the live Moroccan musician couple. Around 8pm people began to fill up the restaurant which caused the level of service to decrease substantially. There seemed to be only one waitress. Overall the service was good and the owner rectified any issues we had. This was especially appreciated since it was my birthday celebration. I would recommend that they hire more staff, especially when the whole facility is reserved. The space is small but cozy. I plan to go again with my husband. Belly dancer was nice and included patrons in the dance which was fun.Special Features:
- The food was good, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012The food was good, except one in our party who ordered soup as a first course thought it was bland. We were a party of four, and one did not get the entree until the other three had finished eating. There was a large party being served at the same time, and perhaps in preparing that order they forgot to prepare the one entree from our party. Though there were apologies, an offer of at least refills on the mint tea would have been nice. All-in-all, this is a very nice place. The ambiance is great, and the menu offers wide selections. Knowing that every restaurant has a bad night, I would definitely go back, and I would recommend it to others.
- The food is to die for, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012The food is to die for, and you also get a good-natured belly dancing show!Special Features:
- We had an absolutely DELICIOUSFlexSisDined on 10/13/2012We had an absolutely DELICIOUS meal, and will definitely be back for more - with friends! The belly dancing was quite entertaining, and the staff were all very friendly and charming. Great find.Special Features:
- Kebabs and belly dancingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/6/2012This was an interesting Moroccon restaurant. The highlight of the evening was the belly dancer (check their website, some dancers are better than others). It is a very loud restaurant with a singer from the beginning to end. It is more appropriate for groups. If you are going as a couple, request to be seated more by the window side as it is less noisy. Overall, we enjoyed our night. The food was a bit on the dry side but overall, not bad.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012The food was excellent. I went to Pasha Land for the entertainment, which was incredible