Pascal's On Ponce
2611 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Pascal's On Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalmiami.com/
- Phone: 3054442024x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Oudin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private residence party catering for weddings etc. Full service dining available.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Oudin 3054442024x
- Special Events: Private Parties up to 60 guests available Monday through Thursday, Saturday early afternoon and Lunch-Dinner on Sunday. Please call us to assist you with menu ideas and pricing for your special event
A word from Pascal's On Ponce
Award-winning Pascal’s on Ponce, the 55-seat, upscale, yet unpretentious French restaurant in Coral Gables has wowed critics and diners for years by virtue of its delicious fare, impeccable service and charming atmosphere. The restaurant’s success is owned by critically acclaimed chef/owner Pascal Oudin (45) who insists on creating an elegant French dining experience without the fussiness and reminiscent of a classic Parisian bistro. The restaurant boasts sublime contemporary French cuisine, featuring local ingredients and utilizing the classical French techniques. White tables draped with crisp, white linens sport fresh flowers bouquets for an aromatic touché. This unpretentious, yet elegant atmosphere is the perfect backdrop for Chef Oudin’s stellar talents which shine throughout his magnifique menu. Wine Spectator Award and Wine Enthusiast Magazine Distinction Wine List.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pascal's On Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (46)romantic (37)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (14)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ExquisiteMartu719Dined on 8/26/2014From appetizers to dessert the meal was outstanding. We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and upgraded one of our appetizers to the pate. Great choice, it was amazing. We also had to order the Grand Marnier Soufflé to finish the delightful meal. The duck dish was delicious as well as the hanger steak. All in all a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyLucindaDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Pascal's several times. The food is always good, but the noise level on the weekends is too loud. We were 4 people this past weekend and we had a difficult time hearing each other.Special Features:
- Reliably great.sdfoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been going to Pascal's for years. Solid French cuisine with enough change in menu to keep it fresh. Another great dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing1supremeVIPDined on 8/19/2014We searched for something nice in the area for a client dinner (a regular occurrence for us). The food was good but unspectacular. The attitude of the main waiter and his service level was terrible - rude, condescending, and inattentive. We will definitely not return.
- Un restaurant francais superbeLauraDined on 8/16/2014Pascal's never disappoints - always delights and in my estimation is the best of too few french restaurants in Miami. We enjoyed the Miami Spice menu - with main course options and portion sizes from the a la carte menu. My favorite: the cold parmesan "souffle" first course was a melt- in-the mouth delight.Special Features:
- MIAMI SPICEmiamifoodieforsureDined on 8/15/2014We decided to try the Miami Spice menu. The food was good, but we were expecting excellent. The cheese souffle hinted more of parmesan than of Gruyere but was tasty and very light. The duck confit was a bit over cooked. The flank steak was perfect. The chocolate souffle was scrumptious. The service was impeccable and the ambience was chic. All in all a good experience but was hoping for over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down!BungytravelerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Way overpriced for what it is. Service was slow, dishes mixed up. There are just as good or even better resteraunts in the area to spend the money there.
- Pascal'sbobbiDined on 8/11/2014We had a group of 8, and had a nice round table large enough, but small enough so that we could all talk to each other in a nice quiet atmosphere. The waiter was more than attentive, and the food was great. The only problem we had was that we could not get separate checks. The bloody mary was very good, but the mohito was not, so they replaced it with a very good cosmopolitan. I would definitely go back. BobbiSpecial Features:
- Excellent Experience!SaintEmillionDined on 8/9/2014Pascal's never disappoints. All aspects of the dining experience from arrival to departure were executed with a most high degree of quality and professionalism. Dishes were prepared and served with precision timing. But I might add that the food is devoured faster than anticipated, since it is so delicious! Each of us ordered a different appetizer and entree, so we all got to have a taste many menu items, all of which were exceptional. The guava souffle is the perfect finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic French foodEllaRDined on 8/8/2014It is rare to find something this good in USA. This is true French cuisine, beautifully presented, excellent ingredients, small portions ( some Americans may not like that part). Yes, it is pricey. Quality deserves to be compensated adequately. Out of this World!Special Features:
- Good FoodBrianDined on 8/2/2014I had the bouillabaisse appetizer, the Duck Confit and the chocolate mousse cake. They were all good. The duck was very crispy as it should be. The bouillabaisse broth was very good and was served table side. Interesting touch. Service was outstanding. I will be going back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodmeebDined on 8/1/2014Everything, the appetizer fish and dessert on the Miami Spice menu was delicious, except for the bread. It was too hard, outside and in, perhaps left in the oven too longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentically FrenchLarryBDined on 8/1/2014I have driven by Pascal's dozens of times but we finally went there for the Miami Spice menu. The offerings came from their normal menu and were excellent, authentically French. I had a hard time choosing between the Mediterranean Bass and the duck confit but finally opted for the latter since I love duck so much. It was well cooked and paired with mushrooms. All in all it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurpriseJupiter001Dined on 7/26/2014A 70th birthday only comes once so we chose to celebrate in Miami. With a little research on the "best" restaurants, we chose Pascal's on Ponce and were delighted. We chose the special, Breem, a fish we'd never encountered before, and it was perfectly prepared. Dessert, a caramel concoction with a candle in it and French Happy Birthday playing, was the frosting on the cake, so to speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Great duck confit. Appitizers are amazing, but hte best thing is the dessert. Get the SuffleSpecial Features:
- Good food well preparedfoodvalueNo1cgDined on 7/18/2014A little pricey but good portions and well prepared- specially the fish plate and the Duck confit. Both require skill and the right touch. The staff was very attentive as was the management. Enoyed the soufflé.Special Features:
- dinesoutalotdinesoutalotVIPDined on 7/14/2014Always good! The prepared a special dessert for our anniversary and were ver mindful of my food allergies.Special Features:
- Ahem that keeps its lusterSenior68Dined on 7/11/2014Pascal's on Ponce has been a mainstay of the Coral Ganles food scenes for more years than I can remember and still maintains its creativity and, more importantly, it's ambience. The food is great and has not succumbed to the glitzy surroundings so prevalent in Miami. These are nice people serving great food. A hint - try Monday' s when there is no corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long standing and OutstandingPinotphileVIPDined on 7/7/2014Pascal has been one of the top chefs on the Miami scene for almost 20 years. His refined French cuisine is based on classic standards and he continually updates his menu choices with local fresh ingredients and flavors. His special of a seafood boudin (sausage) using lobster, crab and scallops is sublime. It is almost as light as a quinelle, but heartier and more flavorful. His duck confit features moist and tenter meat under a crispy skin. He was among the first to combine scallops with short ribs and his olive oil poaced salmon is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was good but quite expensivePattyDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was good but quite expensive. We found the appetizers especially expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensiveMavenDined on 6/18/2014The service at our meal at Pascal on Ponce was quite good but the food did not match. The price was over $400 including tip for 4 people whichI consider quite high but the food was not exceptional.
- OutstandingclafDined on 6/16/2014As always a, wonderful meal with perfect service. Pascal's does it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MatromerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great French cuisine brought to a level of excellence by superb service. Waiters do know what it is all about in a top class restaurant. They know their menu and their wines. They take care of every detail on your table. A little bit pricey, but worth every single penny!Special Features:
- Loved it!MiamiMomDined on 5/29/2014Pascals is definitely pricey, but you will have a very traditional exquisite European experience. The service is truly impeccable with wait staff coming at exactly the right moment without hovering. The atmosphere is intimate without feeling crowded. The crab cake was delectable and full of flavor. The scallops were amazing and both my grouper and my husband's filet were perfectly cooked. The chocolate soufflé is the reason to go. I requested whipped cream, which they didn't have prepared, but they brought a grand marniere bechemel sauce instead, which made the soufflé perfect to me. Highly recommend Pascals for anyone who appreciates a great meal or has a special occasion. They will take good care of you!Special Features:
- Overrated, overcooked, good serviceAnonFoodSnobVIPDined on 5/24/2014Though the reviews were very positive, the food was very disappointing. While the staff was very nice and took pride in their restaurant which has local followers, unless you are staying in Coral Gables, definitely skip. High end price, but the food was below average haute French cuisine. Both the main dishes and the desert were overcooked and not well seasoned. The bouillabaisse was ok at best-the texture was reminiscent of excessive thickeners. Olive oil poached salmon was devoid of flavor; however the potatoes and vegetable sides were very nice. Tarte tatin was saccharin and overcooked, the ice cream had no flavor. We hope the chef will find fresh inspiration and a more modern approach to the French favorite dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantHugoDined on 5/20/2014Since you arrive you get welcome by every member . The service is incredible. The food is amazing. Chef Pascal's deserves a five star. Thank You.Special Features:
- mcfadden295VIPDined on 5/19/2014Everything was fantastic!!! I loved the authentic European ingredients!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking special to a new levelMakingSpecialOccasionsDined on 5/19/2014We were only in Miami for one night as part of a celebratory trip for our daughter's college graduation, and she chose Pascal's from a list of Miami's best restaurants. We could not have been happier with her choice. It was also her 22nd birthday, so we were all in high spirits, and our waiter could tell we were celebrating something. He proceeded to take the best of care to ensure that the evening was special. From the Kir Royale to the amuse bouche to the stellar scallop and short rib entree to the pineapple soufflé with Congratulations piped in chocolate to the petit fours, our daughter was made to feel special. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Special Occasion SpotHungryjeanDined on 5/12/2014My husband and I dined here for our anniversary. We tried the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing and found the food/wine selections to be very good. The highlights for us were the crab cake and the filet served with a delicious tiny root vegetable. There was a large party dining and the noise level was very high when they entered and were walking around with cocktails talking while others were trying to dine; the restaurant is just too small for a large group to mingle with cocktails. However, after they sat down to dinner, the noisiness subsided. The service was also very good, the waiters friendly, and they treated us with an assortment of truffles after dessert to celebrate our anniversary which was a wonderful treat.Special Features:
- One of the best in South FloridaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014Continues to be our favorite restaurant in South Florida. Small and at times noisy but always great food and service.Special Features:
- not appreciatedlmrbDined on 5/9/2014I made reservation based on good reviews from PA months in advance for our daughter's dinner after her graduation from the UM. It was a lovely restaurant with good, not amazing, french food, I was just disappointed our daughters did not enjoy the meal. The staff was stuffy, although the service was good. The portions were adequate, not too small. I would go back, but leave the teenagers at home.Special Features:
- Amazing. One of the absolute best.HughGentsDined on 5/8/2014Pascal's was the first of several restaurants I went to with my family in celebration of my graduation from UM. I had never been, and I am so sorry for having spent 4 years in this city without ever having gone before, because everything about it was truly incredible. Well stocked bar and a great, expansive wine list. The food was exquisite. Among the 4 of us we had the escargot, terrine, cheese souffle, special short rib ravioli, filet mignon, duck breast, mussels marinere, veal, creme brulee, baked alaska, and chocolate souffle. Everything was amazing. Best veal I've ever had, and I'm Italian. The service was the best I've ever had in any restaurant. Everyone was polite and almost overly helpful, which is in no way a bad thing.Special Features:
- ClaudioDined on 5/3/2014Excelent food, great service, attention to detail, fantastic staff attitude,Special Features:
- Gables MainstayanotheradventureDined on 5/2/2014Don't come here for dinner if you want quiet conversation. Food presentation & quality are very good. Pricey: $16 for a salad & $5 extra if splitting;$16 for martini. Quality of food keeps 'em coming back. Since place small, very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 522 reviews are from the Pascal's On Ponce reviews archive.
- Nice experienceMeserosDined on 4/26/2014I went to this restaurant with my girlfriend after I saw the restaurant on the list of the best 10 in Miami. I read the reviews and many of them were 4-5. We had a nice experience, decent service, very good food and we had a good time. We were expecting better food and slightly better service. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, recommend the restaurant for couples or small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything perfectCharliepVIPDined on 4/19/2014We were here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The whole evening could not have been more perfect. The food was delicious and the service great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/18/2014My husband and me always enjoy this place!! Food is excellent, service outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pascal'sTheGourmetDined on 4/15/2014This small neighborhood restaurant is a hidden gem. The Food was well prepared and delicious. The service was excellent but the food took awhile between courses for the number of diners in the restaurant on a Tuesday night. They only had 1 Cabernet Sauvignon selection on the wine by the glass list and it was not available. I do have to say the Wild Salmon was one of the best ever.Special Features:
- Restaurant was very smallSelfiefoodieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Restaurant was very small . Chairs uncomfortable for the price point. The service and food was good though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal - great deal!CT01VIPDined on 4/7/2014Pascal on Ponce is the best deal in town for anyone who likes great cuisine. You would pay at least twice or three times as much for his amazing food if you were in NYC or Paris. Hec, you'd pay that much more for some of the pretentious restaurants in Miami itself! And on Monday nights, you can bring your own wine with no corkage fee. A steal! That aside, his talent has no end, and we have gone there many times to enjoy it. Service is impeccable but warm and pleasant, which adds to the charm. I cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.