Pascal's On Ponce
2611 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Pascal's On Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalmiami.com/
- Phone: 3054442024x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Oudin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private residence party catering for weddings etc. Full service dining available.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Oudin 3054442024x
- Special Events: Private Parties up to 60 guests available Monday through Thursday, Saturday early afternoon and Lunch-Dinner on Sunday. Please call us to assist you with menu ideas and pricing for your special event
A word from Pascal's On Ponce
Award-winning Pascal’s on Ponce, the 55-seat, upscale, yet unpretentious French restaurant in Coral Gables has wowed critics and diners for years by virtue of its delicious fare, impeccable service and charming atmosphere. The restaurant’s success is owned by critically acclaimed chef/owner Pascal Oudin (45) who insists on creating an elegant French dining experience without the fussiness and reminiscent of a classic Parisian bistro. The restaurant boasts sublime contemporary French cuisine, featuring local ingredients and utilizing the classical French techniques. White tables draped with crisp, white linens sport fresh flowers bouquets for an aromatic touché. This unpretentious, yet elegant atmosphere is the perfect backdrop for Chef Oudin’s stellar talents which shine throughout his magnifique menu. Wine Spectator Award and Wine Enthusiast Magazine Distinction Wine List.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Pascal's On Ponce - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Pascal's On Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (48)romantic (38)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (15)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A true dining treat...ZoeyDined on 9/20/2014This was our first visit to pascals on ponce and we will go back for sure. We were greeted by a friendly and gracious host,who added a table so as to seat an additional member of our party. Our reso was for four people and we arrived with five. The food was excellent and the service was equal. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. We all loved whatever we ordered. There is good reason for them to be included in the top 50.Special Features:
- CintoncintonDined on 9/20/2014Made a reservation and table was not ready on time. Portions very small. Prices are expensive. I ordered lamb and was pure fat. Wine list is very expensive.
- Great find.cockroachDined on 9/19/2014Pricey but quality food in a pleasant relaxed atmosphere. Great Service. Impressive wine list.Special Features:
- jb23VIPDined on 9/17/2014This is the most consistent sophisticated cuisine in the area. Their standards have not change since they open. Kudos!Special Features:
- Very, very goodsouthfloridatransplantVIPDined on 9/13/2014We go to Pascal's often, as the food is always excellent and the service is very good. Brought neighbors for their first visit to the restaurant. They were awed by the quality and portions served on the Miami Spice menu and really enjoyed what was exceptional table service. Pascal's snagged two more regulars.Special Features:
- TomyhhDined on 9/10/2014I have going for many years and it's consistently outstanding!Special Features:
- Good!LinzDined on 9/5/2014Pascal's was a great dining experience. I wish that for the Miami Spice menu, that all their best items didn't have an additional fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in South FloridaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014Have been a number of times. Never less than memorable. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Ok dinnerfmraceDined on 9/3/2014We chose Pascal to celebrate my husband`s birthday. If you expect nice romantic romantic with great french food, look some place else. Even though we came during the week, place was packed and very noisy, got small table by the kitchen entrance 10 inches away from other diners. Food was good but nothing to wow. Lots of tables were celebrating something, we heard songs and little cakes with candle going to the table, the restaurant knew it was a special occasion for us but our waiter didn`t bring anything. If it was anything for extra charge they could offer it, it was disappointing. We will not go back, in this price range there are lots of restaurants in Miami to choose from which offered much better experience in the past.Special Features:
- Avg. Meal, PriceyDavidBDined on 8/30/2014Small but better than average decor. Our crispy lobster bisque was slightly thin and average in taste. The crispy duck was over cooked and therefore the meat was very dry. The pistachio crime brûlée was tasty, well made and the best part of the entire meal. The service was warm, professional, attentive and overall excellent.the noise level was very high.Special Features:
- Good food; snotty serviceTellingItLikeItIsDined on 8/30/2014Every plate was pretty good (solid, but nothing extraordinary). The waitress was very snooty and made it uncomfortable every time she visited the table.Special Features:
- Great food, hectic serviceYummyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Pascal's remains the place for the best food in Coral Gables, but the service level has grown increasingly hectic. The front of the house is not run anywhere near as well as the kitchen, and has been declining once we lost George as the maitre'd. Tables are placed as tightly as ever, and one can't help but meet ones table neighbors, but the bumping and pushing by the wait staff seems to have increased. I have foresaken Saturday night meals at Pascal's. It's just too popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid for Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Our party of 6 adults was warmly greeted by the staff on a recent Saturday evening.. Coral Gables parking was the usual inconvenience, but not unexpected. Our waiter was professionally polished as he carefully explained that while they offered a limited menu for the Miami Spice promotion, the portions were smaller and the signature lobster bisque was strained of any actual lobster meat. He pointed out several regular menu items that we would like much better than the Miami Spice offerings. We have enjoyed numerous other Miami Spice promotion meals at participating local restaurants without the up-selling. As it turned out, the waiter was correct. Small, lower quality meals. But, for my money, there are many near by better options.Special Features:
- great food, overpowering noisesunnyDined on 8/29/2014Our party of four enjoyed the food and service but could hardly converse over the noise of the packed dining room. We decided to try eating, once the weather turns cooler.Special Features:
- Fabulous!LuluVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was amazing specially the cheese souffle'. The portions were on the small side and pricey but the service was great.Their Miami Spice menu is also a bit pricey, most everything was an additional price. Perfect place for special occasions or just when you're in the mood for really great food !Special Features:
- Good Food Nice TimeCranebrothersVIPDined on 8/28/2014Good food as always, service was good, but waiter had this irritating habit of calling all of us young lady and young man it was offensive. We did the Miami Spice Menu,the twice baked gruyere soufflé outstanding & the highlight of the evening. The entrée of duck was very good, as was the beef, the deserts were inconsistent. Meaning two of us ordered the berries one came lovely light browning & cookie, the other did not. I ordered the cheese plate extra $, it did not come in on time, the waiter was extremely insistent I take it to go, although his mistake for the bad timing. Don't take a cheese plate to go regardless, just have them remove it from your bill instead its a waste of UR $ it did not travel well.Special Features:
- ExquisiteMartu719Dined on 8/26/2014From appetizers to dessert the meal was outstanding. We ordered from the Miami Spice menu and upgraded one of our appetizers to the pate. Great choice, it was amazing. We also had to order the Grand Marnier Soufflé to finish the delightful meal. The duck dish was delicious as well as the hanger steak. All in all a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Miami Spice menuLuvmiaspiceVIPDined on 8/23/2014It was Very crowded and the temperature was very warm and unpleasant.
- Delicious but noisyLucindaDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Pascal's several times. The food is always good, but the noise level on the weekends is too loud. We were 4 people this past weekend and we had a difficult time hearing each other.Special Features:
- Reliably great.sdfoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been going to Pascal's for years. Solid French cuisine with enough change in menu to keep it fresh. Another great dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing1supremeVIPDined on 8/19/2014We searched for something nice in the area for a client dinner (a regular occurrence for us). The food was good but unspectacular. The attitude of the main waiter and his service level was terrible - rude, condescending, and inattentive. We will definitely not return.
- Un restaurant francais superbeLauraDined on 8/16/2014Pascal's never disappoints - always delights and in my estimation is the best of too few french restaurants in Miami. We enjoyed the Miami Spice menu - with main course options and portion sizes from the a la carte menu. My favorite: the cold parmesan "souffle" first course was a melt- in-the mouth delight.Special Features:
- MIAMI SPICEmiamifoodieforsureDined on 8/15/2014We decided to try the Miami Spice menu. The food was good, but we were expecting excellent. The cheese souffle hinted more of parmesan than of Gruyere but was tasty and very light. The duck confit was a bit over cooked. The flank steak was perfect. The chocolate souffle was scrumptious. The service was impeccable and the ambience was chic. All in all a good experience but was hoping for over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down!BungytravelerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Way overpriced for what it is. Service was slow, dishes mixed up. There are just as good or even better resteraunts in the area to spend the money there.
- Pascal'sbobbiDined on 8/11/2014We had a group of 8, and had a nice round table large enough, but small enough so that we could all talk to each other in a nice quiet atmosphere. The waiter was more than attentive, and the food was great. The only problem we had was that we could not get separate checks. The bloody mary was very good, but the mohito was not, so they replaced it with a very good cosmopolitan. I would definitely go back. BobbiSpecial Features:
- Excellent Experience!SaintEmillionDined on 8/9/2014Pascal's never disappoints. All aspects of the dining experience from arrival to departure were executed with a most high degree of quality and professionalism. Dishes were prepared and served with precision timing. But I might add that the food is devoured faster than anticipated, since it is so delicious! Each of us ordered a different appetizer and entree, so we all got to have a taste many menu items, all of which were exceptional. The guava souffle is the perfect finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic French foodEllaRDined on 8/8/2014It is rare to find something this good in USA. This is true French cuisine, beautifully presented, excellent ingredients, small portions ( some Americans may not like that part). Yes, it is pricey. Quality deserves to be compensated adequately. Out of this World!Special Features:
- Good FoodBrianDined on 8/2/2014I had the bouillabaisse appetizer, the Duck Confit and the chocolate mousse cake. They were all good. The duck was very crispy as it should be. The bouillabaisse broth was very good and was served table side. Interesting touch. Service was outstanding. I will be going back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodmeebDined on 8/1/2014Everything, the appetizer fish and dessert on the Miami Spice menu was delicious, except for the bread. It was too hard, outside and in, perhaps left in the oven too longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentically FrenchLarryBDined on 8/1/2014I have driven by Pascal's dozens of times but we finally went there for the Miami Spice menu. The offerings came from their normal menu and were excellent, authentically French. I had a hard time choosing between the Mediterranean Bass and the duck confit but finally opted for the latter since I love duck so much. It was well cooked and paired with mushrooms. All in all it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurpriseJupiter001Dined on 7/26/2014A 70th birthday only comes once so we chose to celebrate in Miami. With a little research on the "best" restaurants, we chose Pascal's on Ponce and were delighted. We chose the special, Breem, a fish we'd never encountered before, and it was perfectly prepared. Dessert, a caramel concoction with a candle in it and French Happy Birthday playing, was the frosting on the cake, so to speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Great duck confit. Appitizers are amazing, but hte best thing is the dessert. Get the SuffleSpecial Features:
- Good food well preparedfoodvalueNo1cgDined on 7/18/2014A little pricey but good portions and well prepared- specially the fish plate and the Duck confit. Both require skill and the right touch. The staff was very attentive as was the management. Enoyed the soufflé.Special Features:
- dinesoutalotdinesoutalotVIPDined on 7/14/2014Always good! The prepared a special dessert for our anniversary and were ver mindful of my food allergies.Special Features:
- Ahem that keeps its lusterSenior68Dined on 7/11/2014Pascal's on Ponce has been a mainstay of the Coral Ganles food scenes for more years than I can remember and still maintains its creativity and, more importantly, it's ambience. The food is great and has not succumbed to the glitzy surroundings so prevalent in Miami. These are nice people serving great food. A hint - try Monday' s when there is no corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long standing and OutstandingPinotphileVIPDined on 7/7/2014Pascal has been one of the top chefs on the Miami scene for almost 20 years. His refined French cuisine is based on classic standards and he continually updates his menu choices with local fresh ingredients and flavors. His special of a seafood boudin (sausage) using lobster, crab and scallops is sublime. It is almost as light as a quinelle, but heartier and more flavorful. His duck confit features moist and tenter meat under a crispy skin. He was among the first to combine scallops with short ribs and his olive oil poaced salmon is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was good but quite expensivePattyDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was good but quite expensive. We found the appetizers especially expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensiveMavenDined on 6/18/2014The service at our meal at Pascal on Ponce was quite good but the food did not match. The price was over $400 including tip for 4 people whichI consider quite high but the food was not exceptional.
- OutstandingclafDined on 6/16/2014As always a, wonderful meal with perfect service. Pascal's does it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MatromerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great French cuisine brought to a level of excellence by superb service. Waiters do know what it is all about in a top class restaurant. They know their menu and their wines. They take care of every detail on your table. A little bit pricey, but worth every single penny!Special Features: