1308 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalou.info/
- Phone: 2125347522
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Bonhomme
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Dinner parties up to 10, delivered or picked up.
- Private Party Facilities: The upstairs dining room seats up to 22 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Bonhomme 2125347522
- Cross Street: 93rd Street
- Public Transit: 4 train to 96th Street, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 86th Street, and M1, M2, M3 & M4 buses to within one block of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking with meters available after 7pm. Parking garage also located around the corner.
A word from Pascalou
Chef owned French, cozy & quaint Upper East Side bistro with innovated French influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Pascalou - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Pascalou reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (27)great for brunch (18)romantic (15)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Skates a bitBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 10/20/2014I love skate. It's my favorite food for a meal at a French bistro -- brown butter, capers, lemon, moist fish. All was there but the moist fish. My skate was tasty but overcooked, a real disappointment. The fresh mushroom soup was wonderful -- so fresh and full of mushrooms and vegetables. But, not the fish. C'est la vie, I guess.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedRosieDined on 10/19/2014We have never been disappointed at Pascalou. The food is excellent and the people are pleasant. I bring my out-of-town friends and relatives and can be sure they will enjoy themselves. It is relaxed and always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menu, Never disappointsWestchesterWomanVIPDined on 10/17/2014This small restaurant has a French themed, but eclectic menu. I have been eating here for years and always find something new to try, whether it is fish, meat or poultry. Portions are generous and reasonably priced for the quality. Never had a meal here I didn't enjoy. Don't come here looking for a trendy,noisy "scene", come here to eat well, have a good conversation with your dining companions, and be served by a waitstaff who know what they are doing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy neighborhood gemYummyDined on 10/17/2014The food is excellent, the menu varied and always interesting. My favorite restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Cozy, intimate dining. Excellent food and service. Creative cooking. Friendly staff. My wife and I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but not greatcritiqueomaticDined on 10/9/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant, and seemed to have locals eating there. The hostess was not welcoming or attentive. She spent a lot of time drinking water and standing around. The waiter seemed distracted as well. When a glass of wine was brought that turned out to be corked, he didn't apologize in any way, and just asked if I wanted another kind. The food was good....Crab Cakes Traditional and Chicken Milanese. The risotto was very good. No one came by to see if things were okay. There was an overall feeling that would make any diner feel less than special. It took quite a bit of time for the check to arrive. ( The icing on the cake, so to speak.) I will not return.
- Pearl1Dined on 10/9/2014I had the sweetbreads. They were delicious. The vodka martini was huge and priced accordingly. The salad was very fresh and dressed perfectly. It is quite small and cramped,but the food is worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Wonderful service! My wife's birthday was a successSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Ambience and ServiceJanDVIPDined on 10/5/2014We west-siders like to go here when we walk thru Central Park or go to E. Side museums. The food and service are always good. Usually its not noisy which is a plus.Special Features:
- Okay for Sunday brunchEllieDined on 9/28/2014It's very hot in Pascalou/no a/c so not the best for a very warm day. The food is ok, not great. Not my favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014Warm and welcoming. Fun and joyous . Feels like we're in a European bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BistroChrisGVIPDined on 9/8/2014This tiny, sweet, neighborhood bistro has a nice variety on its menu, with tasty food and good service.
- great foodnelchikzDined on 9/7/2014We had a very nice dinner as we visited our daughter in college. it's great for a small family event. food excellent! topped by great dessert.Special Features:
- ReliableJanDVIPDined on 9/7/2014You can count on this neighborhood French restaurant to always serve excellent food and to have excellent service. I had Cornish hen and they were delicious. The fish stew is also delicious.Special Features:
- A pleasent suprise54thfoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014After a day at the Met, a very nice way to end the day. A reminder of the days when New York's small intimate restaurants served good food at reasonable prices and the waiter was an old acquaintance. We will be back and recommend to all our friends...Special Features:
- DisappointingLizSDined on 9/4/2014This was our 3rd time at this restaurant, and after having experienced their excellent Chocolate Soufflé our last 2 visits, there was frankly not much on the menu this time to excite us. Not much "French" food either - no great pates or pastries, not even onion soup. The white wine was barely chilled. My soft shell crab was fine, nothing special though, no flavoring. The bread, however, was delicious. If you decide to eat here, you won't leave upset by the experience, but you won't be counting the days until your next visit either.
- Perfect in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Went here after day at the museum and it was perfect- great food, service, atmosphere and pricing! Plan on returning and will definitely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful lunch optionJoanVIPDined on 8/28/2014French cuisine well prepared and graciously served in pleasant environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a neighborhood bistroLechattigre102Dined on 8/23/2014Pascalou is a wonderful neighborhood French bistro that raises the bar for local restaurants. The chef creates delicious dishes with a wonderful combination of ingredients and flavors. The service is excellent and one is allowed to linger and enjoy the ambience. This friendly, bustling bistro has captured the spirit of France. I can't wait to return.
- RosieDined on 8/17/2014the food is always excellent! and the service is quite good and friendly.Special Features:
- Madison avenue delight at sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014every dish masterfully prepared when the duck arrived too overdone for my friend a new serving to her liking was brought and a delicious chocolate desert was offered us with out chargeSpecial Features:
- myjoyDined on 8/7/2014Great menu with something for everyone at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- quaint little placekwitDined on 8/7/2014Great lunch food, cute atmosphere, a little noisy from street traffic but overall good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful menu and never disappointing. The service and the ambiance, particularly upstairs, is outstanding. The food is always fresh and beautifully presented. The prix fixe lunch and early bird dinner menus are very reasonable and have a large and varied menu. Their pomegranate martinis are exceptional and a wonderful summer cocktail.Special Features:
- Gem in the neighborhood.1hungrytigerDined on 8/5/2014How quaint and adorable is Pascalou with a terrific wine list and an extensive menu of yummy items. We had a really pleasant dinner with friends that was unhurried and fun.Special Features:
- Business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Came here with a few colleagues and I was extremely pleased with the choice. The menu is interesting and everything we had was delicious and nicely presented. Not to mention very reasonable prices for the area. All in all, lives up to the positive reviews and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointsso2muchVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is an authentic French dining experience. Food is very well prepared with always a delicious sauceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at PascalouirisfleurDined on 7/25/2014I had lunch with two friends prior to going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We do this three or four times a year. The restaurant was unusually empty and quiet, probably because many of its regular patrons are in the Hamptons for the summer. It is far enough from the museum that not too many tourists go there. Two of us had the red bean soup with shrimp and one had the salad with goat cheese. All were equally delicious. We all had skate wing for our entree. We often order this because it is delicious and it is not usually found on other restaurant menus. We all had the chocolate mousse for dessert, which was rich and velvety. We had wine with our meal. The service was excellent and friendly. The cost was very reasonable, too.Special Features:
- Great every time!BarGarDined on 7/18/2014My boyfriend and I found this place quite by accident and have been going back time and time again, conisidering it "our place". That is how it is, just a comfortable place, a bit romantic, feels like Paris!! Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Been there beforeHennyVIPDined on 7/18/2014ALways can count on it being delightful and nutritious with good service and well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service worse than usualmadisonDined on 7/17/2014Although not as unwelcoming as usual, had to ask for my beverage 3 times, water glasses had to be changed 2 x because of lipstick stains. We were sitting outside and 15 minutes after getting our menus needed to go inside to look for a waiter. (Only 3-4 other tables were occupied). 3 different service staff asked for our orders. good value and food, however there are many places with value and good food. We will think twice before going again.Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood spotmyfavDined on 7/16/2014We were delighted with the food--soft shell crab, skate, risotto were all outstanding. The portions were abundant…at least two "doggie bags" went home for lunch the next day. The service was excellent; the owner very attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FingertipsFingertipsDined on 7/16/2014Waitstaff was fairly disinterested, not particularly attentive in asking if we needed anything. there were problems in paying the bill, as well.The food is quite good and doesn't deserve to He people who serve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait till noon2ndtimerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Arrived there at 11:30 for lunch. Only one server and he was busy helping in the kitchen and setting up. Rest of wait staff arrived about noon. Better to go at noon when they are better prepared. Duck wrap is excellent as are the salads. They also have a reasonably priced prix fixe lunch menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French fareHappydinerDined on 7/15/2014I was introduced to Pascalou by a colleague, and I've now eaten lunch there twice. The food and atmosphere are excellent; the place is an obvious favorite with neighborhood residents. The cafe could easily find a place on Rue St. Germain in Paris.Special Features:
- Moms 80th birthday5060Dined on 7/14/2014We booked a table for 10 ppl at 8 o'clock and had the upstairs to ourselves. A big group will be best at this cozy, cute restaurant outside of prime time. Everyone LOVED the food - and I'd say 2 of my brothers qualify as foodies - and the service was incredibly patient and professional with my offbeat and persnickety mother, who insisted on ordering after everyone got their appetizers so she cd see what the food was like... (For example). We had a delightful dinner - even mom was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014This is our kitchen away from home, except the cook is better. Healthy, varied and delicious!Special Features:
- The following 399 reviews are from the Pascalou reviews archive.
- Grand-mereLCdinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Reliable. Lovely prix-fixe lunch. A bit of Parisian "attitude" at times. Very crowded at lunch and dinner. Excellent duck confit . Usually pleasant experience. Tiny, cramped dining room at street level. Low ceiling small dining room up stairs.Special Features:
- Great food - Mgmt could be betterAbcdefVIPDined on 6/22/2014Pascalou had some great food options for a Sunday brunch. The service was fine, but the real issue came when I tried to use a restaurant.com coupon. I noted in my opentable reservation ahead of time that I would be using it, but then received an odd voicemail telling me that I could not combine it with the Prix Fixe Brunch options, since it was a "promotion" and the coupon said that it cannot be combined with a promotion. In my mind, Prix Fixe is not a promotion and I thought it was a little shady of them to try and pass it off as one. The table next to us encountered the same issues with coupon + promotion and eventually the mgmt agreed to apply it, but it will really make me think twice about eating there again. A little awkward to argue.Special Features:
- Bad waitressFormerteacherVIPDined on 6/17/2014The waitress had an attitude and gave us poor service.Special Features: