1308 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalou.info/
- Phone: (212) 534-7522
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Bonhomme
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Dinner parties up to 10, delivered or picked up.
- Private Party Facilities: The upstairs dining room seats up to 22 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Bonhomme 2125347522
- Cross Street: 93rd Street
- Public Transit: 4 train to 96th Street, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 86th Street, and M1, M2, M3 & M4 buses to within one block of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking with meters available after 7pm. Parking garage also located around the corner.
A word from Pascalou
Chef owned French, cozy & quaint Upper East Side bistro with innovated French influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Pascalou - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Pascalou reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (19)romantic (16)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Another good mealJanDVIPDined on 11/16/2014We went here before an event at the Guggenheim. It's our go to restaurant on the East Side. We're always pleased at how hood the good island the service as well. I had skate which was exceptionally GoogleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2014The food and service has been consistently good. the atmosphere is transporting- like being in a neighborhood bistro on the left bank in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choice for pre and post 92 y eventsfreddiVIPDined on 11/15/2014the manager was warm and welcoming. the waiter brought extra lemon immediately.(a rarity)Food was interesting and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's French for "phoning it in"EurophileDined on 11/15/2014Admittedly we were 6 people including 2 small children, but we were not made to feel overly welcome in this very small yet fortunately not crowded neighborhood spot. The food was nicely prepared, but i was not overwhelmed with a feeling of France. if you are visiting one of the nearby museums and want a quick brunch, it is worth considering.Special Features:
- Lunch at PascalouirisfleurDined on 11/14/2014I often have lunch at Pascalou when visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is ten blocks north of the museum plus an avenue over, but well worth the walk. They offer a 3 course prix-fixe lunch for $19.99. The quality of the food is very good and the service is very friendly. They have good bread, soft on the inside with a crisp crust. They serve it one piece at a time, but bring more if you ask for it. I had the creamy broccoli soup, which was good, but I would have preferred it to be thicker. My friend had the white bean soup with pesto, which she said was delicious. We both had skate for the entree. It is always vey good. The dessert choices were either gelato, or a pumpkin tart. It was a cold day so neither of us wanted gelato, so we ordered the pumpkin tart. it was not a tart at all, but puff pastry with a pumpkin and creamy cheese filling. It was very good, but the portion was quite small. We each had a glass of the house merlot. We had coffee too. We arrived later than we usually do, at 1:45, so the restaurant was emptier and quieter than when we arrive an hour earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentFolyaVIPDined on 11/10/2014We live 2 blocks away.it is my choice for the local place to eat. We go to Pascalou for 15 years and it never fails to be excellent.many restaurants in NYC come and go,bur Pascalou is a local gem with the chef -owner in the kitchen,who brought a small peace of Provance to New York .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2014This is a French bistro of consistent high quality. The menu is unusually large and has a more than decent selection of vegetarian dishes as well. It is also convenient to Museum Mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Feedbackfeedback4uDined on 11/8/2014The food was excellent. The service was quite good; however, the wait for coffee was somewhat slow (believe this is due to the fact we were sitting on the upper level). Perhaps a coffee maker can be placed on this level? Otherwise, the experience was memorable & I'd recommend others to dine in the restaurant. Thanks!Special Features:
- delightfuldisappointedVIPDined on 11/4/2014As always, food and ambiance were charming, if a bit tightly packed..One of our reliable favorites..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed this timejerryDined on 11/3/2014I have had lunch at Pascalou many times over the past years but I was disappointed this past Monday. Maybe because it was a Monday? Or a new owner or a new chef? In any event the food was not up to the standard. I'm sorry because this has always been a neighborhood-type favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so great atmosphereshoesdontmatch121Dined on 11/1/2014The venue was in an ideal location, but the upper floor of the restaurant was far too crowded. Several tables were available and ready when we got there, but the person who showed up to our seat was unsure of where to put us. We finally settled on the top floor, but the waiter could barely stand next to our table without getting knocked over by other guests. The next table over could hear all of our conversation and vice versa. It felt like I was eating with other people as much as my dining companion. The food was absolutely delicious, but for a 7:00pm reservation, I would have liked a bit of a better ambience. The restaurant is a cute date spot, but I would never bring more than one person there.
- My go to delightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Pascalou has always been and remains the charming, non-pretencious, sanctuary that every neighborhood wishes it had.Special Features:
- lovely but casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Though it was my first visit, I get the feeling it is dependably good. I had the vegetables over basmati rice; it was tasty. My dining partner had the scallops and they were delicious. The service was kind and attentive, and the atmosphere was friendly, energetic without being overbearing. It felt like a cozy neighborhood place. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- DependableEastsidebettyVIPDined on 10/28/2014Pascalou is one of our "go to" favorites. Always friendly and welcoming.Food consistently great, service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skates a bitBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 10/20/2014I love skate. It's my favorite food for a meal at a French bistro -- brown butter, capers, lemon, moist fish. All was there but the moist fish. My skate was tasty but overcooked, a real disappointment. The fresh mushroom soup was wonderful -- so fresh and full of mushrooms and vegetables. But, not the fish. C'est la vie, I guess.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedRosieDined on 10/19/2014We have never been disappointed at Pascalou. The food is excellent and the people are pleasant. I bring my out-of-town friends and relatives and can be sure they will enjoy themselves. It is relaxed and always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menu, Never disappointsWestchesterWomanVIPDined on 10/17/2014This small restaurant has a French themed, but eclectic menu. I have been eating here for years and always find something new to try, whether it is fish, meat or poultry. Portions are generous and reasonably priced for the quality. Never had a meal here I didn't enjoy. Don't come here looking for a trendy,noisy "scene", come here to eat well, have a good conversation with your dining companions, and be served by a waitstaff who know what they are doing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy neighborhood gemYummyDined on 10/17/2014The food is excellent, the menu varied and always interesting. My favorite restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Cozy, intimate dining. Excellent food and service. Creative cooking. Friendly staff. My wife and I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but not greatcritiqueomaticDined on 10/9/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant, and seemed to have locals eating there. The hostess was not welcoming or attentive. She spent a lot of time drinking water and standing around. The waiter seemed distracted as well. When a glass of wine was brought that turned out to be corked, he didn't apologize in any way, and just asked if I wanted another kind. The food was good....Crab Cakes Traditional and Chicken Milanese. The risotto was very good. No one came by to see if things were okay. There was an overall feeling that would make any diner feel less than special. It took quite a bit of time for the check to arrive. ( The icing on the cake, so to speak.) I will not return.
- Pearl1Dined on 10/9/2014I had the sweetbreads. They were delicious. The vodka martini was huge and priced accordingly. The salad was very fresh and dressed perfectly. It is quite small and cramped,but the food is worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Wonderful service! My wife's birthday was a successSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Ambience and ServiceJanDVIPDined on 10/5/2014We west-siders like to go here when we walk thru Central Park or go to E. Side museums. The food and service are always good. Usually its not noisy which is a plus.Special Features:
- Okay for Sunday brunchEllieDined on 9/28/2014It's very hot in Pascalou/no a/c so not the best for a very warm day. The food is ok, not great. Not my favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014Warm and welcoming. Fun and joyous . Feels like we're in a European bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BistroChrisGVIPDined on 9/8/2014This tiny, sweet, neighborhood bistro has a nice variety on its menu, with tasty food and good service.
- great foodnelchikzDined on 9/7/2014We had a very nice dinner as we visited our daughter in college. it's great for a small family event. food excellent! topped by great dessert.Special Features:
- ReliableJanDVIPDined on 9/7/2014You can count on this neighborhood French restaurant to always serve excellent food and to have excellent service. I had Cornish hen and they were delicious. The fish stew is also delicious.Special Features:
- A pleasent suprise54thfoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014After a day at the Met, a very nice way to end the day. A reminder of the days when New York's small intimate restaurants served good food at reasonable prices and the waiter was an old acquaintance. We will be back and recommend to all our friends...Special Features:
- DisappointingLizSDined on 9/4/2014This was our 3rd time at this restaurant, and after having experienced their excellent Chocolate Soufflé our last 2 visits, there was frankly not much on the menu this time to excite us. Not much "French" food either - no great pates or pastries, not even onion soup. The white wine was barely chilled. My soft shell crab was fine, nothing special though, no flavoring. The bread, however, was delicious. If you decide to eat here, you won't leave upset by the experience, but you won't be counting the days until your next visit either.
- Perfect in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Went here after day at the museum and it was perfect- great food, service, atmosphere and pricing! Plan on returning and will definitely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful lunch optionJoanVIPDined on 8/28/2014French cuisine well prepared and graciously served in pleasant environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a neighborhood bistroLechattigre102Dined on 8/23/2014Pascalou is a wonderful neighborhood French bistro that raises the bar for local restaurants. The chef creates delicious dishes with a wonderful combination of ingredients and flavors. The service is excellent and one is allowed to linger and enjoy the ambience. This friendly, bustling bistro has captured the spirit of France. I can't wait to return.
- RosieDined on 8/17/2014the food is always excellent! and the service is quite good and friendly.Special Features:
- Madison avenue delight at sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014every dish masterfully prepared when the duck arrived too overdone for my friend a new serving to her liking was brought and a delicious chocolate desert was offered us with out chargeSpecial Features:
- myjoyDined on 8/7/2014Great menu with something for everyone at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- quaint little placekwitDined on 8/7/2014Great lunch food, cute atmosphere, a little noisy from street traffic but overall good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful menu and never disappointing. The service and the ambiance, particularly upstairs, is outstanding. The food is always fresh and beautifully presented. The prix fixe lunch and early bird dinner menus are very reasonable and have a large and varied menu. Their pomegranate martinis are exceptional and a wonderful summer cocktail.Special Features:
- Gem in the neighborhood.1hungrytigerDined on 8/5/2014How quaint and adorable is Pascalou with a terrific wine list and an extensive menu of yummy items. We had a really pleasant dinner with friends that was unhurried and fun.Special Features:
- Business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Came here with a few colleagues and I was extremely pleased with the choice. The menu is interesting and everything we had was delicious and nicely presented. Not to mention very reasonable prices for the area. All in all, lives up to the positive reviews and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.