1308 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalou.info/
- Phone: 2125347522
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Bonhomme
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Dinner parties up to 10, delivered or picked up.
- Private Party Facilities: The upstairs dining room seats up to 22 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Bonhomme 2125347522
- Cross Street: 93rd Street
- Public Transit: 4 train to 96th Street, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 86th Street, and M1, M2, M3 & M4 buses to within one block of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking with meters available after 7pm. Parking garage also located around the corner.
A word from Pascalou
Chef owned French, cozy & quaint Upper East Side bistro with innovated French influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Pascalou - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Pascalou reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (27)romantic (20)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Not just a neighborhood bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Pascalou is a wonderful neighborhood French bistro that raises the bar for local restaurants. The chef creates delicious dishes with a wonderful combination of ingredients and flavors. The service is excellent and one is allowed to linger and enjoy the ambience. This friendly, bustling bistro has captured the spirit of France. I can't wait to return.
- RosieDined on 8/17/2014the food is always excellent! and the service is quite good and friendly.Special Features:
- Madison avenue delight at sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014every dish masterfully prepared when the duck arrived too overdone for my friend a new serving to her liking was brought and a delicious chocolate desert was offered us with out chargeSpecial Features:
- myjoyDined on 8/7/2014Great menu with something for everyone at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- quaint little placekwitDined on 8/7/2014Great lunch food, cute atmosphere, a little noisy from street traffic but overall good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Wonderful menu and never disappointing. The service and the ambiance, particularly upstairs, is outstanding. The food is always fresh and beautifully presented. The prix fixe lunch and early bird dinner menus are very reasonable and have a large and varied menu. Their pomegranate martinis are exceptional and a wonderful summer cocktail.Special Features:
- Gem in the neighborhood.1hungrytigerDined on 8/5/2014How quaint and adorable is Pascalou with a terrific wine list and an extensive menu of yummy items. We had a really pleasant dinner with friends that was unhurried and fun.Special Features:
- Business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Came here with a few colleagues and I was extremely pleased with the choice. The menu is interesting and everything we had was delicious and nicely presented. Not to mention very reasonable prices for the area. All in all, lives up to the positive reviews and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointsso2muchVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is an authentic French dining experience. Food is very well prepared with always a delicious sauceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at PascalouirisfleurDined on 7/25/2014I had lunch with two friends prior to going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We do this three or four times a year. The restaurant was unusually empty and quiet, probably because many of its regular patrons are in the Hamptons for the summer. It is far enough from the museum that not too many tourists go there. Two of us had the red bean soup with shrimp and one had the salad with goat cheese. All were equally delicious. We all had skate wing for our entree. We often order this because it is delicious and it is not usually found on other restaurant menus. We all had the chocolate mousse for dessert, which was rich and velvety. We had wine with our meal. The service was excellent and friendly. The cost was very reasonable, too.Special Features:
- Great every time!BarGarDined on 7/18/2014My boyfriend and I found this place quite by accident and have been going back time and time again, conisidering it "our place". That is how it is, just a comfortable place, a bit romantic, feels like Paris!! Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Been there beforeHennyVIPDined on 7/18/2014ALways can count on it being delightful and nutritious with good service and well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service worse than usualmadisonDined on 7/17/2014Although not as unwelcoming as usual, had to ask for my beverage 3 times, water glasses had to be changed 2 x because of lipstick stains. We were sitting outside and 15 minutes after getting our menus needed to go inside to look for a waiter. (Only 3-4 other tables were occupied). 3 different service staff asked for our orders. good value and food, however there are many places with value and good food. We will think twice before going again.Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood spotmyfavDined on 7/16/2014We were delighted with the food--soft shell crab, skate, risotto were all outstanding. The portions were abundant…at least two "doggie bags" went home for lunch the next day. The service was excellent; the owner very attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FingertipsFingertipsDined on 7/16/2014Waitstaff was fairly disinterested, not particularly attentive in asking if we needed anything. there were problems in paying the bill, as well.The food is quite good and doesn't deserve to He people who serve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait till noon2ndtimerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Arrived there at 11:30 for lunch. Only one server and he was busy helping in the kitchen and setting up. Rest of wait staff arrived about noon. Better to go at noon when they are better prepared. Duck wrap is excellent as are the salads. They also have a reasonably priced prix fixe lunch menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French fareHappydinerDined on 7/15/2014I was introduced to Pascalou by a colleague, and I've now eaten lunch there twice. The food and atmosphere are excellent; the place is an obvious favorite with neighborhood residents. The cafe could easily find a place on Rue St. Germain in Paris.Special Features:
- Moms 80th birthday5060Dined on 7/14/2014We booked a table for 10 ppl at 8 o'clock and had the upstairs to ourselves. A big group will be best at this cozy, cute restaurant outside of prime time. Everyone LOVED the food - and I'd say 2 of my brothers qualify as foodies - and the service was incredibly patient and professional with my offbeat and persnickety mother, who insisted on ordering after everyone got their appetizers so she cd see what the food was like... (For example). We had a delightful dinner - even mom was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014This is our kitchen away from home, except the cook is better. Healthy, varied and delicious!Special Features:
- Grand-mereLCdinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Reliable. Lovely prix-fixe lunch. A bit of Parisian "attitude" at times. Very crowded at lunch and dinner. Excellent duck confit . Usually pleasant experience. Tiny, cramped dining room at street level. Low ceiling small dining room up stairs.Special Features:
- Great food - Mgmt could be betterAbcdefVIPDined on 6/22/2014Pascalou had some great food options for a Sunday brunch. The service was fine, but the real issue came when I tried to use a restaurant.com coupon. I noted in my opentable reservation ahead of time that I would be using it, but then received an odd voicemail telling me that I could not combine it with the Prix Fixe Brunch options, since it was a "promotion" and the coupon said that it cannot be combined with a promotion. In my mind, Prix Fixe is not a promotion and I thought it was a little shady of them to try and pass it off as one. The table next to us encountered the same issues with coupon + promotion and eventually the mgmt agreed to apply it, but it will really make me think twice about eating there again. A little awkward to argue.Special Features:
- Bad waitressFormerteacherVIPDined on 6/17/2014The waitress had an attitude and gave us poor service.Special Features:
- local goodieLynnSDined on 6/15/2014Pascalou is a favorite for it's wonderful service, good menu, wine list and cocktails.Special Features:
- enjoyableNYCUESDined on 6/15/2014Food was delicious. Outdoor seating is extremely limited and space tight, but food makes it worthwhile. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Diet2eatVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is our fourth time eating at the Robert and not once have we been able to sit at a window. I asked how long in advance must I call to make a reservation and sit at a window and the reply was at least one month.Special Features:
- LoveGoodDiningVIPDined on 6/10/2014Small, tight and delightful. A neighbor treasure that consistently delivers a wonderful meal. You can go for dinner every day for a week, have something different time, and enjoy every meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful!mews4598VIPDined on 6/9/2014The food is delicious and well priced. Go!! It is a lovely lunch or dinner spot. Always busy.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2014The menu is always delicious and varied. The staff is welcoming. We eat here whenever we don't want to cook at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentRosieDined on 6/4/2014I am never disappointed at Pascalou. The food is always excellent. The service could be a little better, but in general it is always an excellent choice.Special Features:
- I always like it herejerryDined on 5/29/2014I've had lunch here from time to time over the years and I always like it. I always order the same thing and it's always prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French FoodJanDVIPDined on 5/26/2014Reliable Upper East Side French restaurant has been in the neighborhood for years and always ddliv era good food and service in a relatively quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of a findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/23/2014An absolute gem. The menu is enormous for such a small place, the prices are reasonable and the food is well prepared and well presented. I have eaten there several times and each time is better than the last, if that's possible. Highly recommend it of you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2014This is our go to reataurant. We are never disappointed. Great prices, great variety, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful After all these yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014We started going to Pascalou about 20 years ago. It has gotten better over the years with An expanded menu. The pre fixe menu is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just keeps getting better!SilverwolfDined on 5/16/2014I have eaten here many times, both for lunch and dinner. Over the years the menu has become more and more interesting. The service is attentive and friendly and the food is always superb.Special Features:
- First Time PasscalouJG44Dined on 5/15/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with wonderful service. Varied selection on menu which would please anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but won't rush backScragglewartVIPDined on 5/14/2014I had hoped to discover a " neighborhood gem", but instead just found a place to eat. Nothing special, although not terrible. Our dinners were fair - I ordered veal "Milanese" which I was surprised to see came as a scaloppine cut instead of one big flattened chop. The sauce was tasty but the meat was was about 50% fat. My husband said his steak seemed like an inferior cut as well. On the positive side, the service was good and very quick.
- Wonderful Surprise!RSMMathewsVIPDined on 5/13/2014We were attending an event in the neighborhood and found Pascalou quite by accident on Open Table. What a wonderful surprise! The food was inventive and excellent. And the prices are most reasonable. This is clearly a neighborhood place with a strong local following. No wonder! Almost made us wish we lived closer to Carnegie Hill. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014The tall, skinny guy who seems to be the owner is not very nice to the customer. He doesn't like it when we take pictures in the restaurant. He seams to be discriminating Asian, especially when he chat with every table except us. Food was okay, the duck the only dish that we think is good and very true french dish.
- Cosy and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014The menu is always superb and the specials keep it interesting so we eat there're at least once a week.Special Features: