Pascal and Sabine
601 Bangs Ave
Asbury Park, NJ 07712Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Pascal and Sabine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalandsabine.com/
- Phone: 7327743395x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch:Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch:Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner:Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Neil West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano Player Every Friday and Saturday 8pm
Jazz duo Sundays for Brunch.
Piano Singalong every Tuesday 9pm
A word from Pascal and Sabine
Pascal & Sabine is a fresh take on the European Brasserie, where good, simple food, strong drink, and those passing through come together to create a rich, sensory experience of precocious exuberance. Taking cues from Albert Lamorisse's signature work, The Red Balloon, Pascal & Sabine embraces the flight of fancy and ephemeral nature of an inflated balloon, adding its own unique touch of playfulness within its doors. Featuring cave-like banquettes and the highly regarded artwork of Paolo Ventura, Pascal & Sabine is a white string to hold onto, pulling you above the monotony of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Pascal and Sabine - Best Restaurants in Asbury Park ›
Pascal and Sabine reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (163)romantic (119)neighborhood gem (119)special occasion (110)vibrant bar scene (97)hot spot (90)notable wine list (90)good for groups (49)great for brunch (31)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- WOW for Pascal and SabineWallaciaDined on 10/19/2014THis is the 6th time I have been to this restaurant and the 1st time for brunch on Sunday. We started with a chocolate croissant to share . This is no custard filled butter bun... this is a small amount of delicious melted dark chocolate on a flaky buttery pastry worth waiting for. Then onto Brunch and the very very best eggs benedict that I have ever had. My companions had a quiche with ust the right amount of cheeses and bacon and also the omelette of the day which were also very delicious. Pascal and Sabine's never fails with the service, decor or the surprise flavors so beautifully served by their professional staff. Thank you for the freedom to bring my friends and clients anytime with the same expected great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningJayBDined on 10/18/2014Juat a fun place to go. Good people watching. Good food. Enjoy this place EVERY time that I get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like to dine outspringVIPDined on 10/16/2014Had a very nice dinner. Sat at the bar and did a wine tasting of 3 wines from the wine menu before dinner. Waiter very attentive, service good. Will definitely add to my frequent visit list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!LovefrescobyscottoDined on 10/14/2014This is second time dining at Pascal & Sabine and it was an awesome experience. The service was extremely attentive, timed perfectly and just superb! We had a cozy bar booth where we enjoyed perfectly prepared appetizers, salads and main courses. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- NEW FANPattyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Each meal that was served was of wonderful quality. The lamb special was outstanding, perfectly cooked with wonderful flavors. My standby grilled salmon was also very flavorful. It's so nice to have a really good restaurant at the Jersey Shore. Nice wine list too.Special Features:
- THE BEST!!SherryPVIPDined on 10/11/2014We eat out quite often and being "locals" we have a lot of great restaurants to choose from...Pascal and Sabine is by far the BEST and most consistent! Never had a bad or even "mediocre" meal...always FABULOUS! Great food, great ambiance and great service!!!Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerInternationalvisitorsDined on 10/11/2014We went to Pascal and Sabine's for my Birthday. It was so good. Small menu but everything we had was great. Great service, not rushed. The escargot was the best I have ever had. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPauloDined on 10/11/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday with my wife. We both had a wonderful meal. The main course was outstanding. We have been to this restaurant on more then one occasion and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Slow serviceyrropeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Second time at this restaurant and once again disappointment with the service. Shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for a drink!
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014we had been meaning to go ever since they opened and over all it was very good. biggest negative is it is very loud. the waiter was excellent. we had the cheese plate and it was delicious. my entree was the salmon which was very good. we sat in the circular table near the bar which was not ideal. my 3 friends enjoyed their food- but nothing spectacular. i would go back but probably not on a weekend due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Pascal and SabineJHMBrookfieldVIPDined on 10/4/2014We held a wedding rehearsal dinner here on an October Saturday night. The place was bustling, so we were lucky to have a table reserved for us in the back. The food and the service (Jordan, our waiter) were outstanding. Everyone was so attentive to our needs, and made wonderful suggestions for pairings. The restaurant is noisy - not so much to us, because we were a bit isolated, and I am sure we contributed to the noise level, but if you are hoping for a quiet time, ask to sit away from the crowd. Otherwise, everything was perfect. We will definitely go back again and again and again....Special Features:
- Loved it!ScottPDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I have eaten here numerous times for brunch and dinner. Stellar food, excellent service, great wine and cocktail list. Really phenomenal experience! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014Food excellent, as always, particularly filet mignon and roasted cauliflower side. Terrific wine list. Given month old reservation, would have preferred not to sit in back area with a large group, but I suppose we could have spoken up. Long wait for main course but otherwise service very good. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front House Staff needs TrainingPassiveFredDined on 10/2/2014Reserved for quiet, early anniversary dinner on a Thursday night. Reservation for 2 at 5:45PM. Arrived on time with restaurant relatively empty. Seated at a table for 2 directly next to the only other couple in the restaurant despite plenty of space all around. Never understand why restaurants jam patrons into a small area when there is no need to do so. I am not one to make a scene and switch tables but obvious insensitivity on the part of the hostess got the evening off to a bad start. Another couple seated right after us, moved from table to table three times before landing at one to their liking. Otherwise good, a little pricey, portions are small but well prepared. Wife's scallops a little overcooked but rest good.Special Features:
- Nice spotKathieNapDined on 10/1/2014First time trying this French style restaurant in AP, enjoyed thoroughly and shall return! Food was great...duck duo, filet mignon, pots de Creme...all fab. Central location, nice atmosphere, good wine list that matches well with food. was a little too noisy and to repeatedly ask for water refill but there then that service was quick,friendly,knowledgable and professional.Special Features:
- AVisittoParisDined on 10/1/2014This was my third visit and I enjoy it more each time. Service was excellent this time. Not so good for brunch.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014We always enjoy Pascal and Sabine for cocktails and dinner. Menu items change regularly and are always creative and delicious. We are wine drinkers and enjoy navigating through the wine lists when we go out. However Pascal and Sabine strictly having French wines with limited selections make it difficult to choose a good wine. Unfortunately the staff is not educated on the wine list and generally is of no help in choosing a wine. Overall a nice experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AP077xxDined on 9/24/2014They are doing a great job and change the cuisine regularly. The last time I was there everything was over salted BUT since it was about my 20th time there I know the food has been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still My Favorite Restaurant!LaurasmomVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have been to this restaurant several times since it has opened and it is ALWAYS fantastic, no matter what day of the week, or what time of day! Food and service are always wonderful and I love the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackiejulieDined on 9/21/2014We loved everything about this restaurant! Wonderful food and outstanding service. We had brunch on Sunday and will definitely go back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and atmospherePhilliouDined on 9/21/2014A gem of a eatery. Witness Asbury Park's renaissance over brunch and jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightVeggieDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and absolutely loved it. Our table wasn't quite ready when we arrived for our 7:45pm reservation, so we enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited. The cocktails are delicious, the wine list is extensive, and the bartenders are very knowledgeable. When our table was ready, our waiter was prompt and friendly. We ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer, and had the coq au vin and salmon entrees. Everything was cooked perfectly and the portions were generous. The jazz pianist was a perfect addition - not too loud and created a very romantic atmosphere. We will definitely be back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Find French at the ShoreBest2dineDined on 9/19/2014A dimly lit room with mirrors......reflections in windows. Patterned after an upscale French bistro, Pascal and Sabine allows daydreaming and perhaps soliloquies for that idea of escapism to France would seem like. While the brash noise may be a turnoff for some, it is welcoming for an energetic evening. You don't want to fall asleep when having fun do you? The menus are classic country French in their look and content. The service is surprisingly first rate. Suprisingly since Asbury has a bad reputation for service. The wine list was impressive as I am in the wine trade and noticed about a dozen bottles I would drink now. The food came out promptly, but we never felt rushed. Superb food and would like to go back and try othersSpecial Features:
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Love everything about this resturant. Great for date night.dood was fantastic drinks were great and loved the ambiance.2nd time there and it didn't disappoint. Our server Stephanie was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014Asbury Park has many great restaurants but Pascal & Sabine is one of the best! It is upscale, vibrant and romantic. Their attention to detail with food, decor and service gives them top marks for all. Make sure to make a reservation on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern decor, exceptional eatsnjbeachbettyDined on 9/16/2014We made a reservation for 7:30 on a Tuesday and we discovered a reservation was necessary even on a weekday as every table was taken that night. My boyfriend and I were seated adjacent to the bar in a large, comfortable, and private round booth. The staff were all friendly and the dishes were all creatively arranged and perfectly prepared. The special that night was a pork chop, which was quite juicy and the accompanying figs added a nice sweetness. Everything on the dessert menu looked tempting but the chilled chocolate mousse with caramel and sea salt was notably delicious. Looking forward to coming here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We have dinner here now 4 times. What surprised us was we had the special,(duck Con fee ) and it was a little on the dry side. Surprised that the special would be that way. Will come again, overall a very good dining exsperianceSpecial Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014this was my third time at Pascal & Sabine. the other times everything was spectacular; whereas this time it was not up to parSpecial Features:
- Delicious!!!travelanddineDined on 9/7/2014Went to Pascal and Sabine based on recommendation of a friend. Delicious from beginning to end. Escargot was great start. Scallops were prepared perfectly. The Pot De Creme was the perfect ending. Can't wait to go back. Very good service. Attentive and not overbearing. A bit noisy for a Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014very good food, much too noisy. Piano guy on Tuesday is wonderful.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceJerseygirlDined on 9/6/2014Several friends have eaten at pascal and Sabine and have given it rave reviews. We knew we had to try it. Well, we were not disappointed. The food was superb. Portion size was spot on. The service was outstanding. Our water glass never got below 3/4 of a cup. They accomadated my gluten allergy. We had a great variety of wine to choose from. I look forward to our next dining experience at this excellent establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMunirVIPDined on 9/4/2014First Time here on referral from friends.Very Nice.Special Features:
- FlavorMamaDined on 9/3/2014Excellent French inspired food We enjoyed every bite. Here we found just cooked enough, complex flavors that brought out the best of the veggies. And my filet mignon was perfectly cooked and very flavorful.Special Features:
- Very enjoyablejbpisVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had an excellent romantic evening. All of the dishes were well presented and were delicious. We will go back.Special Features:
- A BIT OF EURO/FRANCE IN ASBURY!FOODAHOLICDined on 9/1/2014We dined at PnS on a weeknight and had a great dinner, nice drinks while surrounded by awesome French Beat Hotel inspired décor. My onion soup, fish,salad and grapefruit drink that was topped with a juicy slice of grapefruit were all so delish. I loved my side of asparagus but was hoping to see a little more on the plate. I will be going back soon! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladylizladylizVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were delighted with our first trip to Pascal and Sabine. The decor was intimate and lovely. It felt warm and dark and special. The service was outstanding and a sommelier helped us with a wine choice. It was a great evening!Special Features:
- Great food and service!njshorefoodiesDined on 8/29/2014We went on the Friday of Labor Day weekend and sometimes hitting a popular Jersey Shore restaurant during these busy times can be hit or miss. This place handled the busy night very well. Service was top notch. They have servers, food runners, bussers all at your service, so we never waited for anything. The food was excellent. We had the fois gras, and the goat cheese tart for apps which were very good. For dinner we had the duck breast and sea scallops and this was some of the best food we've ever had. Done perfectly and presented equally well. Great wine list and you don't have to spend a fortune to find something nice. Definitely going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with one misstepasburydinerDined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. Unfortunately, they were a bit disorganized. We were sat where no one was serving but the water boy and the bread guy. They didn't have the insight to realize a server had not approached us although they refilled our glasses a number of times. A total of 5 servers continually walked by us without taking notice. After about 25 minutes we asked the water boy for a server. The waitress was extremely nice at that point and incredibly accommodating. I do not believe it was her fault we were overlooked but she gave great service once she was made aware of the situation. Would have been a higher rating if we were not neglected initially.Special Features:
- Pascal & SabineKJDdineDined on 8/27/2014Elegant atmosphere, great service at the cocktail bar. Nine of us dined at a very comfortable table with excellent service again. Every person in our group was completely impressed with the food - and we do have some food snobs among us. Adequately priced for the outstanding level of service and incredibly delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, But...JAnneGDined on 8/27/2014Dined here with a friend. The ambience is charming, but at odds with the noise level which was fairly loud. We didn't know you had to request one of the cozy banquettes in the reservation, so were stuck with an open table which probably compounded the noise problem. The entrées were very good and the desserts were excellent, but even so, given the less-than-formal atmosphere and the sub-par service we both felt it was overpriced. There were bus people galore, but the waiter - who asked for our drink order the instant we sat down - disappeared for 35 min. when we asked to look at the drinks menu first. No mid-meal check-in, & 30 min. with empty table and no check after dessert. $104 with tip for 2 entrées, 2 glasses of wine, and 2 desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.