Pascal and Sabine
601 Bangs Ave
Asbury Park, NJ 07712Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Pascal and Sabine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalandsabine.com/
- Phone: (732) 774-3395
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch:Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch:Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner:Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Neil West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano Player Every Friday and Saturday 8pm
Jazz duo Sundays for Brunch.
Piano Singalong every Tuesday 9pm
A word from Pascal and Sabine
Pascal & Sabine is a fresh take on the European Brasserie, where good, simple food, strong drink, and those passing through come together to create a rich, sensory experience of precocious exuberance. Taking cues from Albert Lamorisse's signature work, The Red Balloon, Pascal & Sabine embraces the flight of fancy and ephemeral nature of an inflated balloon, adding its own unique touch of playfulness within its doors. Featuring cave-like banquettes and the highly regarded artwork of Paolo Ventura, Pascal & Sabine is a white string to hold onto, pulling you above the monotony of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Pascal and Sabine - Best Restaurants in Asbury Park ›
Pascal and Sabine reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (173)romantic (114)neighborhood gem (114)special occasion (108)notable wine list (94)vibrant bar scene (92)hot spot (86)good for groups (54)great for brunch (31)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014The meal was a disappointment. The mussels were very small. The salad was large lettuce leaves with too much dressing. For the price there are better restaurants in town.The tart appetizer was very dry with not much of anything.Special Features:
- A View of the Eifel TowerLacklusterDined on 11/24/2014From Asbury Park and this side of the Atlantic dinner at Pascal & Sabine's is as close as you can come to Parisian cuisine. It's a welcome change offering many French standards authentically prepared and served with style. The restaurant interior is pleasing and well lighted to enhance the experience. Mixed drinks are nicely prepared and major brands are available. The wait staff is attentive and appreciative of the diners satisfaction. The menu offers opportunities to experience variety of selections. Portion sizes are entirely adequate. The menu consists of all house-made offerings asuriing seasonality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!! We will be backMimiDined on 11/20/2014Wonderful experience. Chad the bartender mad the cocktail just the way we ordered it. Joe our waiter was on top of our orders. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place. nice authentic french cuisine.goodfoodentertainmentVIPDined on 11/18/2014great ambiance, atmosphere, food and drink. highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much enjoyed it, think We found our new "spot"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014So much enjoyed oue Sunday night visit! Had a reservation but myself and my friend found a great spot at the bar, and Maggy was so intentive , who needs a table! Food and drinks were great, foe gras and duck dou terrifc. As we dine out more during the week then the week end and with the wide range of this menu, think we just found our new "go to " spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Asbury GemRaven275Dined on 11/11/2014We were recommended from a friend. Warm and romantic atmosphere. Food was tasty. We really enjoyed our visit. Much our surprise since it was our anniversary a complimentary dessert was given to us. Looking forward to going back with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love,this restaurant!Luv2dinehereDined on 11/9/2014I recommend this restaurant to everyone I know. It has such a cool vibe and the food is delicious. My do who's 12 loves it too. We go quite often for brunch and dinner. Great atmosphere!! Great date place too very cozy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familydiningVIPDined on 11/8/2014waiter was attentive and helpful, management made the rounds to see if all was going well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Tres bien"ImafoodieDined on 11/7/2014The entire experience was very good - service, food, atmosphere... Will definitely be returning. A must try.Special Features:
- DiningdevoteeDined on 11/6/2014This experience was wonderful! Dining for four, everyone's expectations were wel exceeded. Airings were unusual and delightful. Desserts were spectacular! We are instant devotees! Will return soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningwineandineDined on 11/5/2014There are so few dining places that leave you with wanting more - Pascal and Sabine achieve this. The service is impeccable, food outstanding and the wine list is great. I love the intimacy of the booths, especially by the bar area. You are part of the scene but not. It's your choice. My only negative is that it's very difficult to get a reservation on the weekends and you must plan 2-3 weeks in advance in order to get one. On the flip side, during the week you can almost always get in and if you're early there's a prix fixe for $35.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the shoreFantasticDined on 11/4/2014We could not have had a better experience! After numerous disappointments at other establishments ( all that had been suggested as the best on the shore) up and down the jersey shore- I was beginning to think there weren't any truly great restaurants in the shore towns. But Pascal and Sabine was truly fantastic. The menu is fit for anyone from adventurous eaters to folks looking for something more standard. All dishes were perfectly executed from starters through dessert! Ambiance and service were beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asbury's latest gemotismymanDined on 11/1/2014This French Brasserie style restaurant is an absolute winner on Bangs St in Asbury Park. The cocktail list is inventive, with the bar tenders acting as chemists as they serve up some delightful concoctions. The Fall Nina - with Bourbon Calvados, Apple Cider, Lemon, Thyme Simple Syrup and Thyme is just an example. The kitchen turns out delicious recreations of French classics and contemporary favorites. The staff is charming and beautiful. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014The food was fabulous - service impeccable - first time to the restaurant and I will go back - absolute gemSpecial Features:
- DinnerEatsDined on 10/31/2014Service was excellent, waiter was knowledgeable about the wine list our only complaint was all our dishes (there was three of us) were a little too salty. The flat iron steak was tender and the pork chop was cooked perfectly. The desserts were very good, different from your average fare at other restaurants. If you want a quiet atmosphere where you can engage in conversation with your dining companions this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experiencefoodloverDined on 10/30/2014Pascal and Sabine is a favorite of mine and never disappoints!Special Features:
- Simply The Best!!!!!!!LovestoeatDined on 10/30/2014Run, don't walk to this restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Everything was simply perfect from drinks to dessert. We drove 45 miles to enjoy this special place based solely on a Star Ledger review and it was memorable. Well worth the schlep if you don't live in the area. Enjoy!!!!!Special Features:
- Amazing experience!!FoodsnobsDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant delivered one of the best dining experiences we have ever had! Everything from food, service and atmosphere was spot on perfect!! Manager Amy was extremely engaged with guests in the dining room and helped make my wife's birthday experience incredible!! Thank you Amy and staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoritebourbonDined on 10/24/2014This became one of our favorites as soon as it opened. The food has always been spot on great. Try the duck two ways, or the scallops - actually, try everything. We also love their creative cocktails, which change seasonally, I believe. A bit of Manhattan in Asbury Park.Special Features:
- Pascal & SabineduneroadgirlDined on 10/24/2014First time at restaurant this past Friday night. Didn't know what to expect, but when I walked in, I was impressed with decor and overall ambiance. Staff and servers all professional and friendly. Food was delicious. Didn't love prices, but will go back again.Special Features:
- Worth the visitErnest77Dined on 10/21/2014We enjoyed this place, Service was excellent, and the food was very good, and priced fairly. The atmosphere is trendy but comfortable, but we did not like the tiny table for two on a Tuesday night in a largely vacant house. The coq au vin for 20 was delicious if a little overcooked. The duck breast was perfect, the confit leg was way overcooked. The country pate was good but not unusually so. The wild mushroom tart had great pastry and a good subtle flavor. The menu is unexpectedly small. The steak was $46- ? The waiter was friendly and attentive and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW for Pascal and SabineWallaciaDined on 10/19/2014THis is the 6th time I have been to this restaurant and the 1st time for brunch on Sunday. We started with a chocolate croissant to share . This is no custard filled butter bun... this is a small amount of delicious melted dark chocolate on a flaky buttery pastry worth waiting for. Then onto Brunch and the very very best eggs benedict that I have ever had. My companions had a quiche with ust the right amount of cheeses and bacon and also the omelette of the day which were also very delicious. Pascal and Sabine's never fails with the service, decor or the surprise flavors so beautifully served by their professional staff. Thank you for the freedom to bring my friends and clients anytime with the same expected great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningJayBDined on 10/18/2014Juat a fun place to go. Good people watching. Good food. Enjoy this place EVERY time that I get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and hipYummyfood316Dined on 10/17/2014The ambiance is very warm, romantic and hip. The food was delicious the service was impeccable. Great people watching crowd. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Like to dine outspringVIPDined on 10/16/2014Had a very nice dinner. Sat at the bar and did a wine tasting of 3 wines from the wine menu before dinner. Waiter very attentive, service good. Will definitely add to my frequent visit list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!LovefrescobyscottoDined on 10/14/2014This is second time dining at Pascal & Sabine and it was an awesome experience. The service was extremely attentive, timed perfectly and just superb! We had a cozy bar booth where we enjoyed perfectly prepared appetizers, salads and main courses. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- NEW FANPattyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Each meal that was served was of wonderful quality. The lamb special was outstanding, perfectly cooked with wonderful flavors. My standby grilled salmon was also very flavorful. It's so nice to have a really good restaurant at the Jersey Shore. Nice wine list too.Special Features:
- THE BEST!!SherryPVIPDined on 10/11/2014We eat out quite often and being "locals" we have a lot of great restaurants to choose from...Pascal and Sabine is by far the BEST and most consistent! Never had a bad or even "mediocre" meal...always FABULOUS! Great food, great ambiance and great service!!!Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerInternationalvisitorsDined on 10/11/2014We went to Pascal and Sabine's for my Birthday. It was so good. Small menu but everything we had was great. Great service, not rushed. The escargot was the best I have ever had. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPauloDined on 10/11/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday with my wife. We both had a wonderful meal. The main course was outstanding. We have been to this restaurant on more then one occasion and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Slow serviceyrropeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Second time at this restaurant and once again disappointment with the service. Shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for a drink!
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014we had been meaning to go ever since they opened and over all it was very good. biggest negative is it is very loud. the waiter was excellent. we had the cheese plate and it was delicious. my entree was the salmon which was very good. we sat in the circular table near the bar which was not ideal. my 3 friends enjoyed their food- but nothing spectacular. i would go back but probably not on a weekend due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Pascal and SabineJHMBrookfieldVIPDined on 10/4/2014We held a wedding rehearsal dinner here on an October Saturday night. The place was bustling, so we were lucky to have a table reserved for us in the back. The food and the service (Jordan, our waiter) were outstanding. Everyone was so attentive to our needs, and made wonderful suggestions for pairings. The restaurant is noisy - not so much to us, because we were a bit isolated, and I am sure we contributed to the noise level, but if you are hoping for a quiet time, ask to sit away from the crowd. Otherwise, everything was perfect. We will definitely go back again and again and again....Special Features:
- Loved it!ScottPDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I have eaten here numerous times for brunch and dinner. Stellar food, excellent service, great wine and cocktail list. Really phenomenal experience! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014Food excellent, as always, particularly filet mignon and roasted cauliflower side. Terrific wine list. Given month old reservation, would have preferred not to sit in back area with a large group, but I suppose we could have spoken up. Long wait for main course but otherwise service very good. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front House Staff needs TrainingPassiveFredDined on 10/2/2014Reserved for quiet, early anniversary dinner on a Thursday night. Reservation for 2 at 5:45PM. Arrived on time with restaurant relatively empty. Seated at a table for 2 directly next to the only other couple in the restaurant despite plenty of space all around. Never understand why restaurants jam patrons into a small area when there is no need to do so. I am not one to make a scene and switch tables but obvious insensitivity on the part of the hostess got the evening off to a bad start. Another couple seated right after us, moved from table to table three times before landing at one to their liking. Otherwise good, a little pricey, portions are small but well prepared. Wife's scallops a little overcooked but rest good.Special Features:
- Nice spotKathieNapDined on 10/1/2014First time trying this French style restaurant in AP, enjoyed thoroughly and shall return! Food was great...duck duo, filet mignon, pots de Creme...all fab. Central location, nice atmosphere, good wine list that matches well with food. was a little too noisy and to repeatedly ask for water refill but there then that service was quick,friendly,knowledgable and professional.Special Features:
- AVisittoParisDined on 10/1/2014This was my third visit and I enjoy it more each time. Service was excellent this time. Not so good for brunch.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014We always enjoy Pascal and Sabine for cocktails and dinner. Menu items change regularly and are always creative and delicious. We are wine drinkers and enjoy navigating through the wine lists when we go out. However Pascal and Sabine strictly having French wines with limited selections make it difficult to choose a good wine. Unfortunately the staff is not educated on the wine list and generally is of no help in choosing a wine. Overall a nice experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AP077xxDined on 9/24/2014They are doing a great job and change the cuisine regularly. The last time I was there everything was over salted BUT since it was about my 20th time there I know the food has been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.