Pascal and Sabine
601 Bangs Ave
Asbury Park, NJ 07712Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Pascal and Sabine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalandsabine.com/
- Phone: 7327743395x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch:Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch:Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner:Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Neil West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano Player Every Friday and Saturday 8pm
Jazz duo Sundays for Brunch.
Piano Singalong every Tuesday 9pm
A word from Pascal and Sabine
Pascal & Sabine is a fresh take on the European Brasserie, where good, simple food, strong drink, and those passing through come together to create a rich, sensory experience of precocious exuberance. Taking cues from Albert Lamorisse's signature work, The Red Balloon, Pascal & Sabine embraces the flight of fancy and ephemeral nature of an inflated balloon, adding its own unique touch of playfulness within its doors. Featuring cave-like banquettes and the highly regarded artwork of Paolo Ventura, Pascal & Sabine is a white string to hold onto, pulling you above the monotony of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Pascal and Sabine - Best Restaurants in Asbury Park ›
Pascal and Sabine reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (174)romantic (126)neighborhood gem (122)special occasion (119)vibrant bar scene (103)hot spot (94)notable wine list (82)good for groups (48)great for brunch (38)late-night find (26)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014We always enjoy Pascal and Sabine for cocktails and dinner. Menu items change regularly and are always creative and delicious. We are wine drinkers and enjoy navigating through the wine lists when we go out. However Pascal and Sabine strictly having French wines with limited selections make it difficult to choose a good wine. Unfortunately the staff is not educated on the wine list and generally is of no help in choosing a wine. Overall a nice experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AP077xxDined on 9/24/2014They are doing a great job and change the cuisine regularly. The last time I was there everything was over salted BUT since it was about my 20th time there I know the food has been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still My Favorite Restaurant!LaurasmomVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have been to this restaurant several times since it has opened and it is ALWAYS fantastic, no matter what day of the week, or what time of day! Food and service are always wonderful and I love the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackiejulieDined on 9/21/2014We loved everything about this restaurant! Wonderful food and outstanding service. We had brunch on Sunday and will definitely go back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and atmospherePhilliouDined on 9/21/2014A gem of a eatery. Witness Asbury Park's renaissance over brunch and jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightVeggieDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and absolutely loved it. Our table wasn't quite ready when we arrived for our 7:45pm reservation, so we enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited. The cocktails are delicious, the wine list is extensive, and the bartenders are very knowledgeable. When our table was ready, our waiter was prompt and friendly. We ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer, and had the coq au vin and salmon entrees. Everything was cooked perfectly and the portions were generous. The jazz pianist was a perfect addition - not too loud and created a very romantic atmosphere. We will definitely be back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Find French at the ShoreBest2dineDined on 9/19/2014A dimly lit room with mirrors......reflections in windows. Patterned after an upscale French bistro, Pascal and Sabine allows daydreaming and perhaps soliloquies for that idea of escapism to France would seem like. While the brash noise may be a turnoff for some, it is welcoming for an energetic evening. You don't want to fall asleep when having fun do you? The menus are classic country French in their look and content. The service is surprisingly first rate. Suprisingly since Asbury has a bad reputation for service. The wine list was impressive as I am in the wine trade and noticed about a dozen bottles I would drink now. The food came out promptly, but we never felt rushed. Superb food and would like to go back and try othersSpecial Features:
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Love everything about this resturant. Great for date night.dood was fantastic drinks were great and loved the ambiance.2nd time there and it didn't disappoint. Our server Stephanie was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014Asbury Park has many great restaurants but Pascal & Sabine is one of the best! It is upscale, vibrant and romantic. Their attention to detail with food, decor and service gives them top marks for all. Make sure to make a reservation on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern decor, exceptional eatsnjbeachbettyDined on 9/16/2014We made a reservation for 7:30 on a Tuesday and we discovered a reservation was necessary even on a weekday as every table was taken that night. My boyfriend and I were seated adjacent to the bar in a large, comfortable, and private round booth. The staff were all friendly and the dishes were all creatively arranged and perfectly prepared. The special that night was a pork chop, which was quite juicy and the accompanying figs added a nice sweetness. Everything on the dessert menu looked tempting but the chilled chocolate mousse with caramel and sea salt was notably delicious. Looking forward to coming here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We have dinner here now 4 times. What surprised us was we had the special,(duck Con fee ) and it was a little on the dry side. Surprised that the special would be that way. Will come again, overall a very good dining exsperianceSpecial Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014this was my third time at Pascal & Sabine. the other times everything was spectacular; whereas this time it was not up to parSpecial Features:
- Delicious!!!travelanddineDined on 9/7/2014Went to Pascal and Sabine based on recommendation of a friend. Delicious from beginning to end. Escargot was great start. Scallops were prepared perfectly. The Pot De Creme was the perfect ending. Can't wait to go back. Very good service. Attentive and not overbearing. A bit noisy for a Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014very good food, much too noisy. Piano guy on Tuesday is wonderful.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceJerseygirlDined on 9/6/2014Several friends have eaten at pascal and Sabine and have given it rave reviews. We knew we had to try it. Well, we were not disappointed. The food was superb. Portion size was spot on. The service was outstanding. Our water glass never got below 3/4 of a cup. They accomadated my gluten allergy. We had a great variety of wine to choose from. I look forward to our next dining experience at this excellent establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMunirVIPDined on 9/4/2014First Time here on referral from friends.Very Nice.Special Features:
- FlavorMamaDined on 9/3/2014Excellent French inspired food We enjoyed every bite. Here we found just cooked enough, complex flavors that brought out the best of the veggies. And my filet mignon was perfectly cooked and very flavorful.Special Features:
- Very enjoyablejbpisVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had an excellent romantic evening. All of the dishes were well presented and were delicious. We will go back.Special Features:
- A BIT OF EURO/FRANCE IN ASBURY!FOODAHOLICDined on 9/1/2014We dined at PnS on a weeknight and had a great dinner, nice drinks while surrounded by awesome French Beat Hotel inspired décor. My onion soup, fish,salad and grapefruit drink that was topped with a juicy slice of grapefruit were all so delish. I loved my side of asparagus but was hoping to see a little more on the plate. I will be going back soon! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladylizladylizVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were delighted with our first trip to Pascal and Sabine. The decor was intimate and lovely. It felt warm and dark and special. The service was outstanding and a sommelier helped us with a wine choice. It was a great evening!Special Features:
- Great food and service!njshorefoodiesDined on 8/29/2014We went on the Friday of Labor Day weekend and sometimes hitting a popular Jersey Shore restaurant during these busy times can be hit or miss. This place handled the busy night very well. Service was top notch. They have servers, food runners, bussers all at your service, so we never waited for anything. The food was excellent. We had the fois gras, and the goat cheese tart for apps which were very good. For dinner we had the duck breast and sea scallops and this was some of the best food we've ever had. Done perfectly and presented equally well. Great wine list and you don't have to spend a fortune to find something nice. Definitely going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with one misstepasburydinerDined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. Unfortunately, they were a bit disorganized. We were sat where no one was serving but the water boy and the bread guy. They didn't have the insight to realize a server had not approached us although they refilled our glasses a number of times. A total of 5 servers continually walked by us without taking notice. After about 25 minutes we asked the water boy for a server. The waitress was extremely nice at that point and incredibly accommodating. I do not believe it was her fault we were overlooked but she gave great service once she was made aware of the situation. Would have been a higher rating if we were not neglected initially.Special Features:
- Pascal & SabineKJDdineDined on 8/27/2014Elegant atmosphere, great service at the cocktail bar. Nine of us dined at a very comfortable table with excellent service again. Every person in our group was completely impressed with the food - and we do have some food snobs among us. Adequately priced for the outstanding level of service and incredibly delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, But...JAnneGDined on 8/27/2014Dined here with a friend. The ambience is charming, but at odds with the noise level which was fairly loud. We didn't know you had to request one of the cozy banquettes in the reservation, so were stuck with an open table which probably compounded the noise problem. The entrées were very good and the desserts were excellent, but even so, given the less-than-formal atmosphere and the sub-par service we both felt it was overpriced. There were bus people galore, but the waiter - who asked for our drink order the instant we sat down - disappeared for 35 min. when we asked to look at the drinks menu first. No mid-meal check-in, & 30 min. with empty table and no check after dessert. $104 with tip for 2 entrées, 2 glasses of wine, and 2 desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asbury happening spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014My wife, 8mth old and I enjoyed a Sunday dinner after a weekend at the shore. Despite the trending bar scene and hip locals, the restaurant staff and patrons were accepting of a couple dining with a baby. The staff from being seated through service were all very friendly and helpful, we never felt rushed nor like we were waiting. The decor is trendy alternative, the Belgium Beer Hall style menu (or gastro pub style) was great - enjoyed the fried chicken Sunday special, omelette split as an apatizer. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a dinner in Asbury Park and hope the business is successful.Special Features:
- DeliciousBradVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went for dinner Saturday nite. From the appetizers to the desserts everything we eat we enjoyed. Will definitely return. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming RestaurantdessertloverDined on 8/23/2014I was very pleased with my visit to Pascal & Sabine this past weekend. Not only was the food superior, but the service was outstanding. The goat cheese appetizer was delicious, the filet was cooked to perfection (medium rare), and the peach dessert topped off my night. Plus, it was easy to get to and had a unique ambiance that I was looking for. I highly recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- GREAT FOR SPECIAL EVENINGSSusanGDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I returned to Pascal and Sabine to celebrate a friend's birthday and introduce her to one of our favorite new dining venues. To start, we just love the feel of the restaurant, from the fun little circular bar in the front windows to the chocolate colored walls with fun artwork and intimate dining banquettes. We celebrated with some caviar and vodka to start and were happily surprised when it was served with homemade potato chips rather than the expected blini. We all enjoyed our entrees, though the ala carte vegetable portions are rather on the small side. And how can you not love dishes made with real butter--we've all gotten used to evoo... Our friend loved the restaurant and I know she will be back as we will as well.Special Features:
- Great Find!LovefrescobyscottoDined on 8/20/2014Although we found the menu to be limited for our personal dietary requirements, the food, ambiance and service were terrific. The staff are very welcoming and the bartender very helpful and attentive in assisting with the selection of wines that we were not familiar with. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- mwo1Dined on 8/19/2014Greatfood, seems like a New York restaurant in Asbury. Will spend a few dollors here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedBank32Dined on 8/19/2014Lovely...feels like you are truly out to dinner and not just eating because your hungry..food is delicious ambience is chic ..my only negative is the service was friendly but not very polished...need better training but so many restaurants share that problem.. Overall wonderful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014that was excellent service and the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- InternationalvisitorsDined on 8/19/2014We arrived with 8 people all from 5 different countries and everyone loved the food. The selection was diverse and all agreed that it was fantastic. Can't wait to return. Towards the end of our meal the restaurant got very busy and the service dropped off, but the beginning and middle of the meal the service was great.Special Features:
- VERY GOODYUMYUM212VIPDined on 8/18/2014ABIENCE SUPER. FOOD & SERVICE VERY GOOD. WILL GO BACK SOONSpecial Features:
- Great find slow serviceFoodie07712Dined on 8/17/20142nd time there. Second time getting the scallops and when I tell you they were a perfect 10 they were. Best made scallops I have had. Very loud but great atmosphere. Service was slow both times so expect to be there like 2 hours! I would recommend everyone at least try it once or twice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Perfect!DonHoVIPDined on 8/17/2014Only two negative comments. The 4 tops are too small for 4 people especially since dinners are served in over-sized bowls. The pomme frites were not as you would expect in a french bistro but regular american fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time dining hereBobnMareDined on 8/16/2014This was our third time dining at Pascal and Sabine and have always come away with a positive dining experience. From the moment we arrive we feel welcomed and appreciated. The service and quality of the food has always met or exceeded our expectations. Keep up the good work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodcookDined on 8/15/2014This is the 3rd time I have been there. Two times for dinner and once at the bar. The bartenders are very friendly and they make a great cosmo! All the waitstaff is attentive, knowledgable and likable. The restaurant offers a specific special for every day of the week and the menu is not cluttered with to many choices. Keeping with the French theme, they have great classics like the escargot, charcuterie platter and coq au vin. We tried these items and also had sea scallops. The sea scallops were perfectly seared! Any foodie would like this place! Great VibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDpalmdinesDined on 8/14/2014We had a 9 pm reservation and we had to wait like 5 minutes but they had a great bar to wait at. Service was nice. Apps were great, we got the escargot. Meals were great. Duck was fantastic and the sauce for the mussels were so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brasserie near Spring LakeSummitmomDined on 8/14/2014This was such a great find - couldn't be happier. Food is excellent - Frenchy but not weird, great warm goat cheese salad, excellent scallops and steak frites! Creme brûlée very authentic. We have been twice in the last month and hope to go back before the end of the summer. A little bit of SOHO at the shore - a welcome change from the lovely but more traditional choices. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.