Pascal and Sabine
601 Bangs Ave
Asbury Park, NJ 07712Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Pascal and Sabine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pascalandsabine.com/
- Phone: 7327743395x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch:Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Neil West
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Piano Player Every Friday and Saturday 8pm
Jazz duo Sundays for Brunch.
Piano Singalong every Tuesday 9pm
A word from Pascal and Sabine
Pascal & Sabine is a fresh take on the European Brasserie, where good, simple food, strong drink, and those passing through come together to create a rich, sensory experience of precocious exuberance. Taking cues from Albert Lamorisse's signature work, The Red Balloon, Pascal & Sabine embraces the flight of fancy and ephemeral nature of an inflated balloon, adding its own unique touch of playfulness within its doors. Featuring cave-like banquettes and the highly regarded artwork of Paolo Ventura, Pascal & Sabine is a white string to hold onto, pulling you above the monotony of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pascal and Sabine - Best Restaurants in Asbury Park ›
Pascal and Sabine reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (161)neighborhood gem (131)romantic (115)special occasion (114)vibrant bar scene (108)hot spot (99)notable wine list (77)great for brunch (43)good for groups (43)late-night find (31)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Pascal & SabineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Elegant atmosphere, great service at the cocktail bar. Nine of us dined at a very comfortable table with excellent service again. Every person in our group was completely impressed with the food - and we do have some food snobs among us. Adequately priced for the outstanding level of service and incredibly delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, But...JAnneGDined on 8/27/2014Dined here with a friend. The ambience is charming, but at odds with the noise level which was fairly loud. We didn't know you had to request one of the cozy banquettes in the reservation, so were stuck with an open table which probably compounded the noise problem. The entrées were very good and the desserts were excellent, but even so, given the less-than-formal atmosphere and the sub-par service we both felt it was overpriced. There were bus people galore, but the waiter - who asked for our drink order the instant we sat down - disappeared for 35 min. when we asked to look at the drinks menu first. No mid-meal check-in, & 30 min. with empty table and no check after dessert. $104 with tip for 2 entrées, 2 glasses of wine, and 2 desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asbury happening spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014My wife, 8mth old and I enjoyed a Sunday dinner after a weekend at the shore. Despite the trending bar scene and hip locals, the restaurant staff and patrons were accepting of a couple dining with a baby. The staff from being seated through service were all very friendly and helpful, we never felt rushed nor like we were waiting. The decor is trendy alternative, the Belgium Beer Hall style menu (or gastro pub style) was great - enjoyed the fried chicken Sunday special, omelette split as an apatizer. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a dinner in Asbury Park and hope the business is successful.Special Features:
- DeliciousBradVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went for dinner Saturday nite. From the appetizers to the desserts everything we eat we enjoyed. Will definitely return. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming RestaurantdessertloverDined on 8/23/2014I was very pleased with my visit to Pascal & Sabine this past weekend. Not only was the food superior, but the service was outstanding. The goat cheese appetizer was delicious, the filet was cooked to perfection (medium rare), and the peach dessert topped off my night. Plus, it was easy to get to and had a unique ambiance that I was looking for. I highly recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- GREAT FOR SPECIAL EVENINGSSusanGDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I returned to Pascal and Sabine to celebrate a friend's birthday and introduce her to one of our favorite new dining venues. To start, we just love the feel of the restaurant, from the fun little circular bar in the front windows to the chocolate colored walls with fun artwork and intimate dining banquettes. We celebrated with some caviar and vodka to start and were happily surprised when it was served with homemade potato chips rather than the expected blini. We all enjoyed our entrees, though the ala carte vegetable portions are rather on the small side. And how can you not love dishes made with real butter--we've all gotten used to evoo... Our friend loved the restaurant and I know she will be back as we will as well.Special Features:
- Great Find!LovefrescobyscottoDined on 8/20/2014Although we found the menu to be limited for our personal dietary requirements, the food, ambiance and service were terrific. The staff are very welcoming and the bartender very helpful and attentive in assisting with the selection of wines that we were not familiar with. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- mwo1Dined on 8/19/2014Greatfood, seems like a New York restaurant in Asbury. Will spend a few dollors here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedBank32Dined on 8/19/2014Lovely...feels like you are truly out to dinner and not just eating because your hungry..food is delicious ambience is chic ..my only negative is the service was friendly but not very polished...need better training but so many restaurants share that problem.. Overall wonderful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014that was excellent service and the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- InternationalvisitorsDined on 8/19/2014We arrived with 8 people all from 5 different countries and everyone loved the food. The selection was diverse and all agreed that it was fantastic. Can't wait to return. Towards the end of our meal the restaurant got very busy and the service dropped off, but the beginning and middle of the meal the service was great.Special Features:
- VERY GOODYUMYUM212VIPDined on 8/18/2014ABIENCE SUPER. FOOD & SERVICE VERY GOOD. WILL GO BACK SOONSpecial Features:
- Great find slow serviceFoodie07712Dined on 8/17/20142nd time there. Second time getting the scallops and when I tell you they were a perfect 10 they were. Best made scallops I have had. Very loud but great atmosphere. Service was slow both times so expect to be there like 2 hours! I would recommend everyone at least try it once or twice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Perfect!DonHoDined on 8/17/2014Only two negative comments. The 4 tops are too small for 4 people especially since dinners are served in over-sized bowls. The pomme frites were not as you would expect in a french bistro but regular american fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time dining hereBobnMareDined on 8/16/2014This was our third time dining at Pascal and Sabine and have always come away with a positive dining experience. From the moment we arrive we feel welcomed and appreciated. The service and quality of the food has always met or exceeded our expectations. Keep up the good work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodcookDined on 8/15/2014This is the 3rd time I have been there. Two times for dinner and once at the bar. The bartenders are very friendly and they make a great cosmo! All the waitstaff is attentive, knowledgable and likable. The restaurant offers a specific special for every day of the week and the menu is not cluttered with to many choices. Keeping with the French theme, they have great classics like the escargot, charcuterie platter and coq au vin. We tried these items and also had sea scallops. The sea scallops were perfectly seared! Any foodie would like this place! Great VibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDpalmdinesDined on 8/14/2014We had a 9 pm reservation and we had to wait like 5 minutes but they had a great bar to wait at. Service was nice. Apps were great, we got the escargot. Meals were great. Duck was fantastic and the sauce for the mussels were so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brasserie near Spring LakeSummitmomDined on 8/14/2014This was such a great find - couldn't be happier. Food is excellent - Frenchy but not weird, great warm goat cheese salad, excellent scallops and steak frites! Creme brûlée very authentic. We have been twice in the last month and hope to go back before the end of the summer. A little bit of SOHO at the shore - a welcome change from the lovely but more traditional choices. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pascal and SabineCraigoryseanDined on 8/14/2014EXTREMELY loud. I know it is a brasserie but it was over top. Food was so so- I had duck- breast was tough and sauce unmemorable. Confit was better; wife had cod, which was equally bland...
- MantolokingVIPDined on 8/14/2014The duo of duck was sublime. My husbands cod was so over salted he could not take a second bite. Servers came and went. It was hard to identify who was our primary server so we were unable to make our dissatisfaction known. Highly hyped. Possibly we hit an off night but it does not beckon for a second chance despite friends and family who think it is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Wow!JerseyBevVIPDined on 8/10/2014What a wonderful dining experience! I had the best filet mignon I have ever had. We have already booked a brunch reservation with the family and can't wait!Special Features:
- Wonderful place!lcjpDined on 8/10/2014My family and I went here for brunch this past Sunday. I love the decor - large bar, cute artwork, dark space with comfortable seating. The restaurant looks and feels upscale and casual at the same time. Service was wonderful and the food was great! Somewhat rich (lots of butter!) but it is French-inspired so definitely expected! Great neighborhood too!Special Features:
- Great dinnerStellaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent and service was attentive. This was our first time there and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickDined on 8/9/2014First time visit for an anniversary. Excellent food at top dollar - NYC feel. However, we felt rushed by they waitstaff. This occurred, even after asking them to slow things down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent25anniversaryDined on 8/9/2014We wanted a special restaurant - not your ordinary weekend pick. Pascal and Sabine was perfect. Perfect sized menu. Felt very upscale. I would have preferred no children there only to make it a "special" date night location, but they were so well behaved we didn't know they were there. The food was delicious - the drinks, also. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must---but don't tell anyone!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We have been coming to Pascal & Sabine's since it opened & it really is Unique. The food is more than than great & well presented it is outstanding! The service is attentive without being overbearing. We have had most of the menu offerings. The Duck is absolutely the best you will ever have. The steak au poivre is outstanding & if you are tired of of the same old Scallop offerings you must have their Scallops-it will not disappoint. Do not shy away from dining at the bar. The service is attentive & knowledgeable. For some reason the Bloody Marys at the bar are "great" ----less so at table service?? Nice problem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDined on 8/9/2014Fantastic food, not crazy about the lack of Chardonnay on the wine list, and the Sancerre was way too pricey. Dining is very expensive here. Booths were comfortable. However, a message left on their voice mail was never returned.Special Features:
- Always excellentBColbyDined on 8/8/2014Has quickly become one of Asbury Parks best restaurants. Great atmosphere and fantastic menu. Some prices are off the charts ($22 for the absolute smallest morsel of foie gras?), but the taste and presentation is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurantNJbeachgrlDined on 8/8/2014We had heard rave reviews about Pascal and Sabine and they certainly lived up to those reviews. Great lively atmosphere and friendly knowledgable staff. The food and wine were amazing especially the chocolate pot de creme for dessert. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantSandyWDined on 8/8/2014A wonderful new restaurant for Asbury Park. Can't wait to come back!!Special Features:
- CraigDined on 8/7/2014A unique place to meet friends - food was very good but some what pricey - Good selection of wines by the bottle and by the glass. Waiter was attentive yet not pushy.Special Features:
- Garrett1Dined on 8/6/2014Food's excellent but pricey. Comfortable table, attractive decor, very good bar, but also a bit pricey. Waitress made a couple of minor mistakes but she was busy with a packed house, so there's really no complaint there. Loud room where for some reason you can hear conversations but not next to you. Definitely will be back and recommend it to others, assuming they can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely happysatisfieddinerDined on 8/6/2014Took my wife for her bday. The food was fantastic - fun menu and delicious food. My steak frites was really really awesome. The ambiance is different and interesting. We want to come back for brunch and live piano music. The waitress was slightly stiff but very courteous and helpful. They remembered my wife's bday and put a candle in her dessert. =) We were extremely happy and will be back.Special Features:
- A touch of Paris in AsburyBikechickDined on 8/6/2014We love Pascal & Sabine...after 4 or 5 times dining it's consistently excellent. Favorite dishes Mussels, Steak frite, awesome burger, the Duck, and the chicken coqu vin. Love their wines...although I wouldn' t mind a better champagne by the glass. Not a fan of current one.Special Features:
- niceBryanVIPDined on 8/5/2014A very good addition to Asbury. Service was great, food was served at a nice pace and was tasty.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceJanVinceweekendDined on 8/4/2014Had a Monday night supper here among the locals to the Asbury Park area. Roasted beets and Heirloom Tomatoes were seasonally prefect. The entrees were also excellent as well. Wine list is pricey but picked up some reasonable reds @ $30 per bottle. Save room for dessert chocolate mousse with salted caramel topping is something I will dream about for some time from now. Make a reservation it is worth planning for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Find in Asbury Park!MonicaDined on 8/2/2014We did not realize that Pascal and Sabine was open for as long as it has been, and we had such an amazing meal and evening, we can't wait to return. We came in after a movie at the Showroom and enjoyed a drink at the bar before being seated. We had mussels and a variety of appetizers and every single item was delicious - including the frites, some of the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LayniebariDined on 8/2/2014Pascal and Sabine was recommended to us by friends. We ate there this past Saturday night. We absolutely loved the bar area with its decorative mirror with the words "Ohh LaLa" written on it. This described the restaurant in a nut shell. The food was delicious. I had the short ribs which came highly recommended. I even ate French fries which I never do but I couldn't resist. . The wait staff were friendly and informative. We cannot wait to come back.Special Features:
- jimnjshoreDined on 8/2/2014Great spot great !! definitely recommend French flair menu was great wine list ...We fine dine often and definitely heading back there food was excellent service was great atmosphere is beautiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSvidaliaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Heard about this French Bistro from a friend, so booked a dinner earlier in the week. Everything was great. Figured I'd try again on a Saturday night to see if it was consistently great. Drinks were fabulous. Only fresh juices. Appetizers included the goat cheese tart, onion soup, and escargot. The main courses of cod, beef bourguignon, and salmon were excellent. Every single morsel was enjoyed. The fourth entree of duck was okay. The breast was overcooked but the leg was done perfectly. Rather than cause a scene it was not sent back. The dessert of a milk chocolate pot de creme covered in salted caramel was beyond explanation. It has to be tasted - extraordinary!! Would definitely return as soon as possible.Special Features: