5510 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20015Neighborhood:
Chevy Chase, DC
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parthenon-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2029667600x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: To celebrate any occasion, we have a private party room available with a full bar. The maximum capacity is 85 people.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Gouskos (202) 966-7600x
A word from Parthenon
Parthenon Restaurant--an authentic Greek restaurant in Chevy Chase. Parthenon's crab cakes are reputed to be the best in Washington, D.C.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Parthenon - Best Restaurants in Chevy Chase, DC ›
Parthenon reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)late-night find (6)special occasion (6)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- RockvilleDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is always very good and plenty of it. The pita bread is out of this world. Clearly one of the better places that is not a chain. If your looking for fru fru - go elsewhere - but you will get delicious food and nice service. A hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loads of Flavor!!cindysDined on 8/17/2014Bright, delicious Greek dishes, from tzatziki to grilled fish with artichokes, mushrooms stuffed with crab, eggplant eman, housemade hummus. The food at the Parthenon is very flavorful. There were six of us this visit, and we all loved it and had a great evening. Leave room for their fresh baklava!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArcherDined on 8/13/2014Best crab cakes I've ever had! Very attentive staff. Everyone in our group of four enjoyed their food selection. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best crab cakes!!chimpatiVIPDined on 8/10/2014Love the crab cakes here. We think they are the best in town. Pass on the starch and veggies in exchange for a greek salad and we are happy campers. Love sitting outside.Special Features:
- Fabulous is too subdued a word!luvagoodthingDined on 8/6/2014I arrived before my dinner partner, and was just so warmly greeted and then seated at a plum spot. My partner was shown to my table as soon as she arrived. The wait person was knowledgeable not only about the menu items but gave excellent wine recommendations that perfectly complemented our food. Of course, the food was so over the top that I nearly over-ate -- and there was so much more that I wanted try out. So . . . I have invited three friends to come share this experience with me next week! This is my new go-to place on upper Connecticut Avenue.Special Features:
- Always TerrificskylonsevenVIPDined on 7/25/2014Parthenon remains one of the finest restaurants in DC. Both a neighborhood gem and a great place to bring out of town guests. During the summer, the outdoor dining is wonderful. The food is consistenly high quality, and the service always friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Permanently in the rotationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoy this authentic Greek restaurant and visit 2-3 times per month. The menu is diverse, specials are good and the staff is knowledgeable, attentive and not instrusive. We've used Parthenon for out of town guests, small business dinners and eaten both indoors and outdoors in their "sidewalk cafe". The restaurant enjoys a well established clientele of all ages - been around a along time - the owners are obviusly one site and run a quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PraiseshortyVIPDined on 6/28/201425 years at the same location with the same owner certainly means that they are doing something right. Parthenon is our favorite Greek restaurant. Never a bad meal hear. My wife enjoyed her shrimp shiskebob ; but my whole flounder was " OUTSTANDING ". I love the horiatiki salad which we shared ( the small portion was sufficient ). We took advantage of the 25 year bonus with a half price bottle of wine. This restaurant always enjoys a nice crowd of happy diners and during the Summer months is very busy with outdoor patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- myviewDined on 6/21/2014as usual it was dependable. newish waiter was very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014good food sound is low you can hear the other side of the table.Special Features:
- GreatskylonsevenVIPDined on 6/15/2014Fish is fresh, lamb chops terrific, service is friendly.Special Features:
- Consistently terrificskylonsevenVIPDined on 6/9/2014A wonderful restaurant. Outdoor scene is always pleasant. The food always great, the service wonderful. A favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Vegan's Paradisess20816Dined on 5/31/2014Great menu with lots of choices for a Vegan The humus is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time no Eat thereSusanVIPDined on 5/27/2014I returned to Parthenon after a few years. It was great. I was with a friend and we split the Greek Salad for an appetizer an then split the broiled fish platter which was calimari, shrimp, scallop, a crab cake and salmon. It was more than enough for 2. It ended up being @ $70 and we each had a few drinks.Special Features:
- Great service, wonderful foodmaryDined on 5/23/2014Try the whole bronzini - fantastic! All the fish is good and the huge family meal is a great value.Special Features:
- Diner food at Restaurant PricesInvigilatorDined on 5/18/2014Good standard Greek diner food -- incuding excellent baklava -- with a gussied-up decor, cloth napkins, and attentive service that don't justify the high prices for this kind of food -- solid standard American Greek dishes at e.g. 18-24 dollars for a Souvlaki platter that included decent meat but standard steam-table beans, rice, and potatoes. In a word, good but overpriced.
- Wonderful Food and AmbianceskylonsevenVIPDined on 5/13/2014Great food, wonderful ambiance, terrific waitstaff. Consistently one of the best around. Authentic, delicious Greek food. Outdoor dining area is fun and festive during nice weather. Bar scene is fun too.Special Features:
- Always goodDCJoshVIPDined on 5/11/2014I really like this place. The food is always good, the service always friendly. If only the prices were a little lower....Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Parthenon reviews archive.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/10/2014Parthenon is reliably excellent. The food is consistently well prepared; the service is friendly and prompt; the management is thoughtful and accommodating. It is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but GoodieEregelmaDined on 3/20/2014We've eaten at the Parthenon on many occasions, and always found the restaurant welcoming, the ambiance calming, and the food well prepared. This latest visit was no exception. I had their seafood special (recommended by our server), and it was excellent. The other folks with us similarly enjoyed themselves, each choosing a different house speciality. Thanx, Parthenon, for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- When it's Greek to You!LennyVIPDined on 3/8/2014Consistently fine Greek food with a setting that makes one think you could have been transplanted to the Greek Isles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch groupSimeonDined on 2/26/2014We were a party of three. Service was friendly and efficient. One of us had the soup of the day, which she said was good. One of us, who is an extraordinarily good cook, had moussaka, which she said was not at all tasty. I had cheese pies, which were good, although I thought I had ordered spinach and cheese pies. It was simply a language misunderstanding, and the waiter dealt with it gracefully. Bottom line: the Parthenon is a good place for a quiet lunch, but it is important to know what to order and what to avoid. I give our meal a score somewhere between fair and good. The moussaka brought the score down. If I had more experience ordering there, I think the score would rise to good for lunch.
- Dinner fit for a kingKakodenDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food fast service, was met at the door by the owner, with a smile. I ordered the combination entree because there were so many dishes I wanted to try. Will have to go back soon!Special Features:
- Pre cinema at the Avalon soMartinDined on 2/1/2014Pre cinema at the Avalon so no time to waste. Great food served quickly by attentive staff. Excellent . Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantHerbDined on 1/14/2014Terrific appetizers and top noch crab cake entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great grilled octopus!CAngelesVIPDined on 1/1/2014We go to Parthenon for its grilled octopus which is to die for, the horiatiki salad, and the bread. The house white wine is not bad either. I've tried the lamb (generous portion) which is good, but since we are not big eaters, we always go back to the grilled octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood localeLaMarVIPDined on 1/1/2014Food is always well prepared and yummy. Great wait staff; many long-timers who will recognize you and be accommodating. Popular with nearby Chevy Chase DC residents as well as residents of nearby retirement home and their families. I know they have some kind of party room on lower level, but I haven't seen it for myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellent !foodieVIPDined on 12/29/2013wonderful food and service... great location too !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditionally Good Greekout4funVIPDined on 12/21/2013The Parthenon has been serving traditional Greek food at this location for decades. The restaurant serves reliably well-prepared Greek cuisine. We dined at lunch on avgolemono soup, pastitcio, chicken souvlaki, and an omlette of tomato and feta. The soup was the closest recipe to match my Greek grandmother's homemade avgolemono that I have ever had. The meals were tasty and filling. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Local Greek restaurantHobbsDined on 11/10/2013This is a real neighborhood find. The service and ambience were very good. The wine list was nice and priced well. The food was good, local Greek cuisine. Priced accordingly. Would recommend and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.