Parma Cucina Italiana
3850 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Parma Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parmaitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: 619 543 0049x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Celso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Parma Cucina Italiana
Parma Cucina Italiana is located in the hearth of Hillcrest. It offers down to earth ambience and fantastic Italian cuisine and is sure to be a staple in San Diego for years to come. From the Italian wines and the best Italian products to the native Italian, “right off the boat” proprietors, Parma-Cucina Italian is as authentic as it gets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Parma Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Hillcrest ›
Parma Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Cena ottimaIreneDined on 9/23/2014Locale molto carino di San Diego gestito da italiani. Il cibo è molto buono ed i prezzi in linea con la qualità del servizio. Qui si può bere anche un buon bicchiere di vino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LasagnaPalmSpringsDined on 9/19/2014I'm Italian and hard to please if it isn't my grandmother cooking. I tried the lasagna and it was the best I've ever had! Service was also excellent!Special Features:
- great authentic Italian1jjmoDined on 9/16/2014Lasagna and meatballs were delicious! Nice little place. Staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem in HillcrestNancyJDined on 9/1/2014Think of a cozy restaurant in Italy. Think wonderful food with gracious Italian waiters. Think Parma Cucina Italiana in Hillcrest!Special Features:
- Only OKSdtigsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Had family in town and was looking for casual Italian near their hotel in Hillcrest. This place sounded good from reviews but was not quite of the standard I'd hoped. The room was excessively warm and the single waiter was rather harried and abrupt. Our salads and pasta were OK, but nothing special. However, my niece thought the Nutella profiteroles were to die for, and she's a chef, so that made up for a lot. The wine selections were also very reasonably priced. Bottom line - I might try again on a cooler evening.Special Features:
- True italian restaurantaleoDined on 8/20/2014True italian restaurant for Italians. I recommend it for Italaians tired of american food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cat2VIPDined on 8/18/2014We went there based in the high rating from Tripadvisor and were really disappointed. Food is average at best. Not at all like the dining experiences we had in Italy.
- Best San Diego ItalianpetercwilsonDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I used to live in Sonoma County and have never really been able to find a great Italian cucina (in the Northern Italy style). We had tickets to the Old Globe so we were looking for a Hillcrest spot. If you're thinking about trying out Parma don't think and just go! The food is incredibly authentic because the owner/chef is from Italy and used to have a cucina there. All of the nice people that work at Parma have Italian accents and even speak in Italian while you're eating. Try it out. You'll love the food and the experience.Special Features:
- Terrific little restaurantGPSurfDined on 8/9/2014We hose this restaurant on the basis of top 10 recommendations on Tripadvisor. By the time we got there 2 weeks later it was No 1. Whilst more rustic informal than fine dinning the food was fabulous. The service was just right too, very informative and helpful without being over bearing. Just right. Next time I'm in San Diego I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great ItalianmattypDined on 7/31/2014The food was great, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was cozy. Had a great meal and would go again if we are ever in San Diego.Special Features:
- excellent pasta dishes....teenVIPDined on 7/29/2014and enjoyed the leftovers next day! great find in hillcrest.Special Features:
- Real Italian Food, HospitalitymustangVIPDined on 7/26/2014True Italian hospitality of waitress and chef who came out to speak with us (he's from Parma, she's from Tuscany) Authentic meal, starting with salads, real Parma ham and then light and delicious meatballs in sauce with carrots and broccoli cooked in butter to perfection. Braised beef on polenta. Veal tortelloni. Fantastic homemade tiramisu, light as a feather and deeply flavorful. Italian sorbet of lemon. Capuccino. We really like to have our main meal at lunch, and this one was delicious!Special Features:
- Unexcepted findHrtDocDined on 7/10/2014Small store front Resturant with 10 tables but amazing food. Suggest the meatballs in red pepper sauce. Tender meatballs full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian in SDAbFabItalianSDVIPDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed another fabulous authentic Italian in SD. Great Antipasto (the appetizer) Primo (first course) Secondo (main course) Dessert. And excellent customer service. This is a meal you don't want to pass up while in SD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste Of ItalyAbFabItalianSDVIPDined on 6/28/2014Having traveled to Italy many times, this place has authentic cuisine! Tiramisu and Panna Cotta extremely superb! The service is excellent and they're from Italy. The decor and ambiance is a Modern Italian setting.you step into modern day Italy at Parma, you sit dine and wine and have good company to converse with. They let you enjoy an Italian meal, ie 2-3hrs should you desire. I shall return this July 4th all the way from Alabama. It's that authentic!Special Features:
- Verissima cucina parmigiana2SoragniniDined on 6/17/2014Veramente fantastico una grande cucina italiana all estero!!! Da provare e da ritornarci! Lasagne eccezionaliSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!Happy2commentVIPDined on 6/15/2014In what I'd call the heart of Hillcrest on Fifth just south of University, it's kind of hidden by some eclectic neighbors . It jas a few outside tables and the inside is small but very well done...stylish and comfortable. The food was quite good...especially liked the raviolis which had to be homemade..they were all different shapes and were delicious..had the special mushroom cream sauce. Very good service (owner I assume). Nice to find such a good Italian restaurant in this area...somewhere out of Little Italy and Gaslamp.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Parma Cucina Italiana reviews archive.