101-270 Adelaide St. West
Toronto, ON M5H1X6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parlour270.com/
- Phone: (416)408-3666x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday. - Saturday 6:30-11:00
Wednesday - Friday 5:30 until late
Saturday 6:30 until late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Frank Ghanavati
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Parlour
The inspiration for Parlour, an early era speakeasy inspired establishment, came naturally. It was as if the walls of this 19th century building guided us on our journey. Built in 1895, with all it’s character & charm, Parlour is located in one of the last remaining row of town homes in the downtown core. And one of the few that survived the great fire of 1904 , which destroyed much of early Toronto’s architecture. The term “parlour room” derives from the 18th century word used to describe the best room in one’s home, & was often a marker of social status. Imagine all the secrets whispered, all the tales spun, all the stories retold, within these walls. Parlour is a home away from home; a mecca for those longing for habitual enlightenment; a destination for those seeking refuge from the main. Embracing style, music & art, entering Parlour will teleport you to a time when jazz musicians were rock stars, gangsters were celebrities, & where speakeasys were the place to see & be seen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parlour reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Kind of dirtyNiceViewVIPDined on 6/13/2014Went there with my husband, its more of a late night drink or club atmosphere. We sat on the patio out back and it was dark and dingy. The food portions are very small and drinks are overpriced. Service was great! Probably wont be back though.
- Great for loungingfoodie19Dined on 6/12/2014Great vibe, good food, excellent service, great Thursday happy hour, will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!novelVIPDined on 4/12/2014Stumbled across Parlour through Open Table. A cosy little place tucked away with great ambiance and delicious food. While the menu may seem limited, we enjoyed every single item we ordered and were glad we went. Perfect for two or a group looking for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Was great for my team of eight who loved the eats and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Not only they have a refined taste of music that never disappoints, the food was very good and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warm and relaxing withMRM1Dined on 2/15/2014Very warm and relaxing with Couches and candles. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerFrancisco79Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went here for dinner. It was a great romantic restaurant the staff was very friendly and food was amazing will defenetly be back again next time we are in Toronto. It's a small place so make a reservation.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Dinnerluv2eatDined on 2/14/2014We didn't realize because we made our reservation using Open Table that there was a set dinner menu for Valentine's day. It turned out to be a perfect choice to sample the best of the Kitchen's offerings. Really complex soup to start, followed by a lobster cake and veal for dinner. The dessert was a little sweet but normal for a poached pear. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemTravellerDined on 2/14/2014We had booked another place but then heard about Parlour, had a look at the prixe fixe menu served up for Valentine's Day and thought it looked like a lovely balance of flavours. We were not disappointed. When we arrived we were intrigued with the slightly Bohemian atmosphere as we descended the stairway. It felt cozy inside. We were welcomed warmly and the staff continued to be very attentive and friendly. The music was a subtle but welcome bit of background that enhanced rather than detracted from the overall experience. Gregory, one of the two brothers who own Parlour, said he spent a lot of time creating the soundtrack as a complement to the atmosphere. I think he got it right. This was a great first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, bad musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I really liked the old timely look of the place, but hated the lounge drum and bass playing. Didn't seem a good fit for the look and feel. Otherwise, great.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceEmiJayDined on 2/14/2014My friend and I went here for Valentine's Day. In a rush to book a table for V-Day, I hastily read the menu online and didn't realize I couldn't eat anything on the prix fixe (I have medical issues). After reading the menu, we were going to go somewhere else -a real headache on Valentine's- when the manager came over and asked about my dietary restrictions. She offered several alternatives, talked to the chef about possibilities of what I could eat, and even warned me about certain ingredients that I might have wanted to avoid. She was incredibly considerate, and didn't make me feel bad at all for having to modify things (which some restaurants do). Both my friend and I were so incredibly impressed at how lovely we were treated.Special Features: