1600 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parlorsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2124235888x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 4:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lucas Billheimer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parlor Steakhouse provides the formerly-steakhouse-starved Upper East Side not only with prime porterhouse and other chophouse classics, but also with inventive seafood dishes care of Executive Chef Lucas Billheimer all in a contemporary setting.
- Private Party Contact: Cameran Wareham 2124235888x
- Entertainment: We offer three large flat screen HDTV televisions and a hand selected music collection.
A word from Parlor Steakhouse
Husband-and-wife co-owners Michael Susy Glick welcome you to their contemporary steakhouse. Conveniently located only two blocks from the 92nd Street Y, Parlor Steakhouse features the type of elegant, stylish interior that Upper East Side residents have long desired in their neighborhood. Both the restaurant’s menu and its décor appeal to a broad range of diners: from young couples meeting for a drink and solo guests grabbing a casual dinner at the bar, to foursomes and business diners looking for a delicious meal in an attractive setting. Parlor Steakhouse’s menu offers items at many price points and encompasses both steakhouse classics and a wide range of creative preparations, particularly seafood dishes, courtesy of Executive Chef Lucas Billheimer, a veteran of Lure Fishbar (and Park Avenue Café). What’s more, Parlor Steakhouse features a 40-seat private event room downstairs that includes its own bar and a working fireplace. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parlor Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (28)special occasion (27)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- foodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Parlor is a neighborhood gem. The food is very good and the prix fix lunch is a great deal.Special Features:
- lots of booze, food was only okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I got the steak and eggs bottoms up thing. The mimosas were delicious and plentiful, and our waitress was very good about making sure we never had a dry glass. But the food itself was pretty weak for how expensive it was. The steak was basically completely unseasoned and the eggs were tasteless. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing, but steak from a steakhouse seemed like a safe bet!Special Features:
- Very DisappointinglovetoeatoutVIPDined on 8/20/2014Tiny glass of weak ice tea should have been the clue. Ordered the Lobster roll as did my guest- $26 shown as mp. No chunks of lobster- tiny bits just placed on top of an un-split bun. Very disappointing. The fries served with some delicate onion rings were not warm. Wasn't worth half.Special Features:
- GREAT BRUNCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The brunch prefix is an awesome deal and the food was great!!Special Features:
- Paror SteakhouseFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/15/2014We are never disappointed at this restaurant. Since it was the end of restaurant week we invited friends to join us. They had not been to the Parlor before. While the restaurant week menu was attractive, three of us ended up ordering off the main menu. The food was delicious, as always. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was delivered to our table without a long wait. We always have a good experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but wasn't a wowkattyr3Dined on 8/14/2014Overall the food was good but wasn't wowed. Good steak and cheese cake. Did not enjoy the cold tomato bisque with celery.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014I was here two years ago and it was better then. Last time I didnt have to pay more for the better steak and unfortunately its night and day between the normal restaurant week menu entree and the one you have to pay 5 bucks more. but still it was very good. a little bit more creativity about the dessert would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentLJLULUVIPDined on 8/11/2014honestly this restaurant is inconsistent but when it is good, it's pretty noteworthy. my scallops were cooked perfectly. my companion's steaks were also cooked superbly. however, our service was not very good. the server would interrupt us in an untimely manner during a heated and emotional conversation which was poor judgement and lack of experience, we had to ask for water and lemon over and over. i specifically asked if the calamari were just rings or also the tentacles (the tentacles gross me out) and was told incorrect information. the manager did indeed come out and make everything right however. and i think that is good business. we also noted that we ordered a specific wine and were given the wrong bottle twice. it was a poor serverSpecial Features:
- JamieDined on 8/11/2014Everyone there was great. My friend meeting me there was stuck in traffic and was late but they were very friendly and patient with the situation.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseLindagDined on 8/9/2014Went to Parlor Steakhouse on a Saturday night, food was very good, typical steakhouse fare. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- First timeMbarbat1Dined on 8/8/2014This was my first time as I was visiting from out of town. Food was very good and the portions were just right. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. Not many places can cook the steak almost rare but not. The butter lettuce and beet salad was flavored exceptionally well and the chocolate dessert was good. This place is one that will be one that I will be returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchesidedinnerlargeDined on 8/3/2014Get involved in the Bottom's Up brunch. Strong food choices, good brunch drinks and nice service, not rushing dinners out the door.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceAllyNDined on 8/1/2014I went hear with my Dad for Restaurant Week and our experience couldn't have been worse. It took over 20 minutes from them to get us our bottle of wine and then after our steaks we waited over a half hour to get desert. It felt like the server was personally ignoring us. We actually got up and left the table to close our check at the hostess stand. The manager tried to do the right thing and comp our wine, but the experience still ruined what was supposed to be a nice night out.
- Great SteakcubanoDined on 8/1/2014The food was fantastic. My son and I went there for NYC restaurant week and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was very good, but the noise level was a bit high compared to other restaurants. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceamp449Dined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is upscale without being stuffy. Food was delicious and service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedinnerdoctorVIPDined on 7/29/2014After several meals at Parlor I can say it is always good and very consistent. The steaks were well cooked and excellent quality. The sides were also excellent. The mashed potatoes and mac and cheese were both delicious. The watermelon salad and shrimp cocktail we started with were exceptional. The service was warm and friendly but also efficient. Finally, the cucumber lemonade and the old fashioned from the bar were very good as well. Overall, this was a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/29/2014This is our neighborhood go to when we can't think of where we want to eat on the UES. Food is always great, servers have great timing, and they usually run some great pre-fix menus.Special Features:
- Truly A Pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014Dining at the Parlor is always a pleasurable experience. The food from the oysters to the steaks are consistently outstanding. The service is courteous and attentive. The restaurant itself is beautifully appointed. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Food was AMAZING!BrooklynKittyDined on 7/27/2014Everything was delicious and prepared with an eye for detail and a taste for the finer things in life. We went during restaurant week and ordered from the prix fixe menu and thoroughly enjoyed the amazing food and nice sized table.Special Features:
- Step into the ParlorbkblueagaveDined on 7/25/2014This is a great little spot with better food. Service was attentive and friendly. I was there for restaurant week and was not disappointed with the menu. Also the coffee is phenomenal.Special Features:
- BlahmspusskVIPDined on 7/23/2014Unfortunately, everything was very blah. From service to food, nothing was impressive. My server never checked in once, my steak and whipped potatoes were under seasoned. The chocolate cake was undercooked, meanwhile the ice cream left you with an almost chemical aftertaste. I'm rather shocked they don't spin their own ice creams. I was hoping for more. Everything was just mediocre.
- Awesome SteakhouseNupe2kDined on 7/22/2014Gem on the upper west side. We had a group of 5 and tried each others meals. They all were amazing! Well worth the trip on the east side.Special Features:
- nice to have steakhouse on uesjlcnycDined on 7/17/2014Would go again like the Bibb lettuce salad. Had tuna and enjoyed that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDined on 7/11/2014One of the top restaurants in this neighborhood. Wonderful friendly, accommodating service. We sat outside ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I really love the variety of steaks they serve. My favorite is the skirt / hanger steak. I also love the fried onion ring, brocolli and sauted spinach.Special Features:
- mediocrebt181VIPDined on 7/4/2014the title of a 'steakhouse' is misleading. steaks were mediocre at best and nearly as expensive as some of the best steakhouses (lugers, rothmans, strip house). i had a petite filet and my husband had the special bone in filet which was somehow DRY. we ordered 3 side dishes - creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms and mac & cheese. creamed spinach was arguably the best dish. sauteed mushrooms had zero flavor - no salt and not entirely cooked, there were large bits of raw mushroom. gross. the mac & cheese (which our waitress recommended as one of her favs AND one of the most popular sides) also had no flavor and was just bland. with a bottle of wine, our 200$+ dinner for 2 was overpriced at best. too bad since we live right across the street.
- Too loud....EileenVIPDined on 6/29/2014Otherwise great service and yummy food....great vibe.Special Features:
- A Must For BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/29/2014The brunch menu is excellent! The Parlor is our go to spot for brunch. Go early if you dont have reservations. Best to try the bread basket, delish blueberry muffins and the corn bread out of this world. They must have a chicken coup in the back eggs are so yummy and fresh. Great hang out after work for gossip with your girlfriend and munch on the fries along with a vanilla pomegrante martini or two ; )Special Features:
- Great, as always!khnd09Dined on 6/24/2014Parlor is a tried and true neighborhood spot for us & friends. It can be busy, and have had service experiences vary, but the food is always consistent, and haven't eaten a bad meal there to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentdinerfrequentdinerDined on 6/22/2014Disappointing this time after a terrific meal our last visit; apps were not great; delmonico was overdone and had to be sent back; second time right but grisly; sauces, dessert, espresso and drinks were satisfying as was the enthusiastic bar crowd cheering on the soccer match. Not a good choice for a quiet romantic meal, but convenient for UESers and previously I would recommend with enthusiasm.
- Glad we wentAlanSDined on 6/21/2014My son told us about this place right near his apartment. We decided to give it a try. I was in the mood for steak. The Parlour did not disappoint. My steak was cooked to perfection and it was delicious. Our server, Stacey, was terrific too. Everyone was very pleased with their meal. I will definitely repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a LookBigRichieDined on 6/21/2014My daughter and I dined here on Saturday evening. The restaurant was surprisingly empty. Service was attentive and friendly but a bit uncoordinated. We had to ask to get the check, for example. Food was very good but not great. We both dined off the Prix Fixe menu which oddly had surcharges on a couple items so not really Prix Fixe. Steaks came with four different types of sauces. All were competently rendered although the horseradish and steak sauce were my favorites. The mashed potatoes had a different taste. Not different like they had dish detergent in them but different. My daughter thought the taste was ginger. A tad expensive thanks to Prix Fixe surcharges. All in all I would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialjjacobs1VIPDined on 6/18/2014The menu looks nice, the space is attractive enough, but distracted service, relatively high prices, and hit or miss desserts don't combine for a great experience.
- Wonderful time - highly recommend!ReynaDined on 6/14/2014We dined here for our anniversary and it was perfect! The staff was on point and super friendly. On my open table reservation i noted that it was our anniversary and the staff congratulated us, which i thought was very sweet of them. The food was just the perfect portion and it was quite delicious. I highly recommend a date night or with a group of people.Special Features:
- Monday night half price bottles!CJBrandoffVIPDined on 6/9/2014We had a wonderful meal at parlour... Good scene. Where else can a girl get a good meal (raw bar and steak) while their man gets their sports fix. The prix fixe which goes all night on mondays (only 5 to 7 other weeknights)... was pretty good!Special Features:
- sj704Dined on 6/7/2014Great service and food. Brunch menu is great for a big group. The staff were very accommodating to our whole party of 13, including 3 children. Will definitely be returning to Parlor soon!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2014We got the bone in rib-eye which was recomended but thought it was ok. Other dishses were great. I would rather go to another stakehouse if looking for a good piece of stake.Special Features:
- 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014What a great experience. We were trying to decide on here & a very high end steakhouse. So glad we chose here. Everything was great. Atmosphere was perfect and everything all 4 in our party had was delish and perfect in presentation and quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGanzmaVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great steakhouse. Great neighborhood hangout and worth traveling to get too. Family loves it and they also love having families. Waiter/waitresses could not be nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MoreThanPleasedDined on 5/24/2014Everything was great from the moment we walked through the door! Wonderful staff, delicious food, perfect drinks. Definitely will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.