1600 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parlorsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2124235888x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 4:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lucas Billheimer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parlor Steakhouse provides the formerly-steakhouse-starved Upper East Side not only with prime porterhouse and other chophouse classics, but also with inventive seafood dishes care of Executive Chef Lucas Billheimer all in a contemporary setting.
- Private Party Contact: Cameran Wareham 2124235888x
- Entertainment: We offer three large flat screen HDTV televisions and a hand selected music collection.
A word from Parlor Steakhouse
Husband-and-wife co-owners Michael Susy Glick welcome you to their contemporary steakhouse. Conveniently located only two blocks from the 92nd Street Y, Parlor Steakhouse features the type of elegant, stylish interior that Upper East Side residents have long desired in their neighborhood. Both the restaurant’s menu and its décor appeal to a broad range of diners: from young couples meeting for a drink and solo guests grabbing a casual dinner at the bar, to foursomes and business diners looking for a delicious meal in an attractive setting. Parlor Steakhouse’s menu offers items at many price points and encompasses both steakhouse classics and a wide range of creative preparations, particularly seafood dishes, courtesy of Executive Chef Lucas Billheimer, a veteran of Lure Fishbar (and Park Avenue Café). What’s more, Parlor Steakhouse features a 40-seat private event room downstairs that includes its own bar and a working fireplace. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parlor Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (38)great for lunch (34)good for groups (30)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (27)fit for foodies (27)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We had chopped salad with salmon, cheeseburger, and marinated hanger and we all were happy with our choices. Food was really good. Hope to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cat2152VIPDined on 9/26/2014Been here many times before but something was different and exceptionally better this time. Table was great; the noise level is often a bit bawdy but this time our table was perfectly located in the side dining room which provided excellent ambiance. The food was spectacular. The filet mignon was perfectly done and the rib eye was marbled delightfully. The oysters were very choice. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Great little big placeczarina7Dined on 9/21/2014Fabulous food, great wait staff. It was a great place and way to catch up with friends. Will be going again.Special Features:
- Great Weekend BrunchNeighborhoodfoodieDined on 9/21/2014This is such a great place for brunch. The food is great and they let you take your time and enjoy your friends and a lazy Sunday brunch. The only negative is that there tend to be a lot of kids. They scream. It would be nice if the groups with kids were put in the dining room downstairs so that they could be as loud as they wanted without disturbing the rest of the diners.Special Features:
- Excellent first time experienceDelveDined on 9/19/2014We took relatives there for an early dinner. Great prix fix.... excellent food. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Noisy and terrible serviceMia418VIPDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant itself is one of the only decent places around Carnegie Hill for mid 30 plus years so they don't need to work hard. It 's incredibly noisy. Structure of the restaurant echoes with noise level that simply permeates throughout and add a dose of cackling prima donna females, you have a mix of hell. This isn't romantic place or for "conversation", but perfect place to be agitated. The other side of the bar which is seating near the window is better but don't bother during weekend brunch. If you want a screaming match and be unheard, this place is perfect. Food is simple and uncomplicated. But it isn't DelFrisco's or Keen's. I asked a dirty table to be wiped down- and got a dirty look. Service is spotty at best.
- great vibeEllenVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food is great, the menu interesting and varied, and the service friendly and warm. The owners take special care to make sure everyone is happy. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Steak and Good ServiceLoveNYCDined on 9/1/2014I could celebrate 25th anniversary of our marriage with my wife and son with tasty filet mignon.We received special celebration message as decoration of desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UESeaterVIPDined on 8/30/2014This place is decent for brunches. The room is big enough for a sizeable group. The steak was adequate, but I would go elsewhere if you can.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantemmaDined on 8/29/2014I love the striped sea bass and the filet mignon and salmon are also excellent. Service is also excellent. Watch out for blowing air vents or just bring a sweater.Special Features:
- ChazVIPDined on 8/28/2014Dining room was closed----flood from apt above so we ate in their event space downstairs. Very pleasant. They seemed to have upped their game on food. We had fish and seafood which were excellent. Not cheap but definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Parlor is a neighborhood gem. The food is very good and the prix fix lunch is a great deal.Special Features:
- lots of booze, food was only okmshelboDined on 8/23/2014I got the steak and eggs bottoms up thing. The mimosas were delicious and plentiful, and our waitress was very good about making sure we never had a dry glass. But the food itself was pretty weak for how expensive it was. The steak was basically completely unseasoned and the eggs were tasteless. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing, but steak from a steakhouse seemed like a safe bet!Special Features:
- Very DisappointinglovetoeatoutVIPDined on 8/20/2014Tiny glass of weak ice tea should have been the clue. Ordered the Lobster roll as did my guest- $26 shown as mp. No chunks of lobster- tiny bits just placed on top of an un-split bun. Very disappointing. The fries served with some delicate onion rings were not warm. Wasn't worth half.Special Features:
- GREAT BRUNCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The brunch prefix is an awesome deal and the food was great!!Special Features:
- Paror SteakhouseFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/15/2014We are never disappointed at this restaurant. Since it was the end of restaurant week we invited friends to join us. They had not been to the Parlor before. While the restaurant week menu was attractive, three of us ended up ordering off the main menu. The food was delicious, as always. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was delivered to our table without a long wait. We always have a good experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but wasn't a wowkattyr3Dined on 8/14/2014Overall the food was good but wasn't wowed. Good steak and cheese cake. Did not enjoy the cold tomato bisque with celery.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014I was here two years ago and it was better then. Last time I didnt have to pay more for the better steak and unfortunately its night and day between the normal restaurant week menu entree and the one you have to pay 5 bucks more. but still it was very good. a little bit more creativity about the dessert would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentLJLULUVIPDined on 8/11/2014honestly this restaurant is inconsistent but when it is good, it's pretty noteworthy. my scallops were cooked perfectly. my companion's steaks were also cooked superbly. however, our service was not very good. the server would interrupt us in an untimely manner during a heated and emotional conversation which was poor judgement and lack of experience, we had to ask for water and lemon over and over. i specifically asked if the calamari were just rings or also the tentacles (the tentacles gross me out) and was told incorrect information. the manager did indeed come out and make everything right however. and i think that is good business. we also noted that we ordered a specific wine and were given the wrong bottle twice. it was a poor serverSpecial Features:
- JamieDined on 8/11/2014Everyone there was great. My friend meeting me there was stuck in traffic and was late but they were very friendly and patient with the situation.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseLindagDined on 8/9/2014Went to Parlor Steakhouse on a Saturday night, food was very good, typical steakhouse fare. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- First timeMbarbat1Dined on 8/8/2014This was my first time as I was visiting from out of town. Food was very good and the portions were just right. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. Not many places can cook the steak almost rare but not. The butter lettuce and beet salad was flavored exceptionally well and the chocolate dessert was good. This place is one that will be one that I will be returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchesidedinnerlargeDined on 8/3/2014Get involved in the Bottom's Up brunch. Strong food choices, good brunch drinks and nice service, not rushing dinners out the door.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceAllyNDined on 8/1/2014I went hear with my Dad for Restaurant Week and our experience couldn't have been worse. It took over 20 minutes from them to get us our bottle of wine and then after our steaks we waited over a half hour to get desert. It felt like the server was personally ignoring us. We actually got up and left the table to close our check at the hostess stand. The manager tried to do the right thing and comp our wine, but the experience still ruined what was supposed to be a nice night out.
- Great SteakcubanoDined on 8/1/2014The food was fantastic. My son and I went there for NYC restaurant week and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was very good, but the noise level was a bit high compared to other restaurants. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceamp449Dined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is upscale without being stuffy. Food was delicious and service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedinnerdoctorVIPDined on 7/29/2014After several meals at Parlor I can say it is always good and very consistent. The steaks were well cooked and excellent quality. The sides were also excellent. The mashed potatoes and mac and cheese were both delicious. The watermelon salad and shrimp cocktail we started with were exceptional. The service was warm and friendly but also efficient. Finally, the cucumber lemonade and the old fashioned from the bar were very good as well. Overall, this was a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/29/2014This is our neighborhood go to when we can't think of where we want to eat on the UES. Food is always great, servers have great timing, and they usually run some great pre-fix menus.Special Features:
- Truly A Pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014Dining at the Parlor is always a pleasurable experience. The food from the oysters to the steaks are consistently outstanding. The service is courteous and attentive. The restaurant itself is beautifully appointed. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Food was AMAZING!BrooklynKittyDined on 7/27/2014Everything was delicious and prepared with an eye for detail and a taste for the finer things in life. We went during restaurant week and ordered from the prix fixe menu and thoroughly enjoyed the amazing food and nice sized table.Special Features:
- Step into the ParlorbkblueagaveDined on 7/25/2014This is a great little spot with better food. Service was attentive and friendly. I was there for restaurant week and was not disappointed with the menu. Also the coffee is phenomenal.Special Features:
- BlahmspusskVIPDined on 7/23/2014Unfortunately, everything was very blah. From service to food, nothing was impressive. My server never checked in once, my steak and whipped potatoes were under seasoned. The chocolate cake was undercooked, meanwhile the ice cream left you with an almost chemical aftertaste. I'm rather shocked they don't spin their own ice creams. I was hoping for more. Everything was just mediocre.
- Awesome SteakhouseNupe2kDined on 7/22/2014Gem on the upper west side. We had a group of 5 and tried each others meals. They all were amazing! Well worth the trip on the east side.Special Features:
- nice to have steakhouse on uesjlcnycDined on 7/17/2014Would go again like the Bibb lettuce salad. Had tuna and enjoyed that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDined on 7/11/2014One of the top restaurants in this neighborhood. Wonderful friendly, accommodating service. We sat outside ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I really love the variety of steaks they serve. My favorite is the skirt / hanger steak. I also love the fried onion ring, brocolli and sauted spinach.Special Features:
- mediocrebt181VIPDined on 7/4/2014the title of a 'steakhouse' is misleading. steaks were mediocre at best and nearly as expensive as some of the best steakhouses (lugers, rothmans, strip house). i had a petite filet and my husband had the special bone in filet which was somehow DRY. we ordered 3 side dishes - creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms and mac & cheese. creamed spinach was arguably the best dish. sauteed mushrooms had zero flavor - no salt and not entirely cooked, there were large bits of raw mushroom. gross. the mac & cheese (which our waitress recommended as one of her favs AND one of the most popular sides) also had no flavor and was just bland. with a bottle of wine, our 200$+ dinner for 2 was overpriced at best. too bad since we live right across the street.
- Too loud....EileenVIPDined on 6/29/2014Otherwise great service and yummy food....great vibe.Special Features:
- A Must For BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/29/2014The brunch menu is excellent! The Parlor is our go to spot for brunch. Go early if you dont have reservations. Best to try the bread basket, delish blueberry muffins and the corn bread out of this world. They must have a chicken coup in the back eggs are so yummy and fresh. Great hang out after work for gossip with your girlfriend and munch on the fries along with a vanilla pomegrante martini or two ; )Special Features:
- Great, as always!khnd09Dined on 6/24/2014Parlor is a tried and true neighborhood spot for us & friends. It can be busy, and have had service experiences vary, but the food is always consistent, and haven't eaten a bad meal there to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.