1600 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parlorsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (212) 423-5888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 4:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lucas Billheimer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parlor Steakhouse provides the formerly-steakhouse-starved Upper East Side not only with prime porterhouse and other chophouse classics, but also with inventive seafood dishes care of Executive Chef Lucas Billheimer all in a contemporary setting.
- Private Party Contact: Cameran Wareham 2124235888x
- Entertainment: We offer three large flat screen HDTV televisions and a hand selected music collection.
A word from Parlor Steakhouse
Husband-and-wife co-owners Michael Susy Glick welcome you to their contemporary steakhouse. Conveniently located only two blocks from the 92nd Street Y, Parlor Steakhouse features the type of elegant, stylish interior that Upper East Side residents have long desired in their neighborhood. Both the restaurant’s menu and its décor appeal to a broad range of diners: from young couples meeting for a drink and solo guests grabbing a casual dinner at the bar, to foursomes and business diners looking for a delicious meal in an attractive setting. Parlor Steakhouse’s menu offers items at many price points and encompasses both steakhouse classics and a wide range of creative preparations, particularly seafood dishes, courtesy of Executive Chef Lucas Billheimer, a veteran of Lure Fishbar (and Park Avenue Café). What’s more, Parlor Steakhouse features a 40-seat private event room downstairs that includes its own bar and a working fireplace. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parlor Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (30)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (12)late-night find (8)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014Would definitely go back. Excellent service. Great spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BargainWillymacDined on 11/19/2014Good value for the price - Excellent service - nice steak house ambiance withour pretenseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parlor is a GEMParlortheGreatVIPDined on 11/15/2014The place makes you feel at home. The food is great and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakTomasVIPDined on 11/14/2014excellent steak, good wine list...moderate pricing...great whiskey selection....well worth it. definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/13/2014It was great to find a subdued, but not stuffy, 'dining place (our table was on the 91st Street side) in New York with enough space between tables to afford private conversation. The waiter was helpful and efficient and the food was well prepared (loved my crisp salad). We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse? Get better steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2014Was very excited to find an Upper East Side steakhouse. Unfortunately, was disappointed. Ambience was good, and our waiter was great, but the food was just ok. The quality of the steaks (our table had NY strips and petit filet mignons) was not great. This is a steak house!! They need to get better quality meat.
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We went to the Parlor after our son recommended it for dinner. Oysters were excellent, bread was excellent, the entree portions were much too small. Downstairs ambiance was fair and the waitress tried but seemed to be overwhelmed even missing one dessert for some reason. The music was very loud.Special Features:
- DisapointedLUV2DINEDined on 11/6/2014Bad service, and a big private party together make for a bad dinner for two….Special Features:
- Great beginninglambladyVIPDined on 11/1/2014The night started out shaky but that's both our fault and our waiter. I showed up about 30 minutes late with a companion to a birthday dinner. Everyone else was already seated. The waiter gave us ample time to look over the menu and our food was pretty good. But then after we had dessert he disappeared. We were looking all over for him and he couldn't be found. Eventually I just asked someone else's waiter for our check. Otherwise it was a great place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014manager was very helpful, but the wait staff was overwhelmed and the food was absolutely poor quality and poorly planned. good intentions but swamped by very bad food.
- good steak great sidescheapdateDined on 10/25/2014The best part about going to Parlor is you a great meal comparable to a notable steakhouse. However is usually less expensive and located in the neighborhood. My NY strip was good but my partners filet was in incredible. Both of them were cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- excellent1619thirdDined on 10/20/2014always wonderful dining experience and can count on delicious food and drinks.Special Features:
- Great experience!optikalityDined on 10/18/2014Great experience at this restaurant! The only slight issue I experienced was service that was just a little too attentive and quick, but this was in no way a huge negative. In fact, for some it might be a huge positive. My guess is that since I am an out-of-towner, I'm just not used to NYC's pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a vegetarian frienddmtrDined on 10/17/2014I had the salmon entree and she had mac n cheese and asparagus -- all was delicious. It was non traditional ordering for a steakhouse, but we enjoyed it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food really good, nice decor, noisyMarkGDined on 10/11/2014Nice switch up from the stuffy steakhouse decor; upbeat vibe; great roasted garlic served with bread; steaks we cooked as orders and tender. Desserts were excellent! Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best onion rings!diverVIPDined on 10/11/2014The steak was perfectly prepared and the butter salad was great, but the fried onions were to die for...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost a step?CarnegieDinerDined on 10/10/2014We have been to Parlor many times and appreciate it as a lively neighborhood restaurant, but our last two experiences there have been poor.Special Features:
- Decent food, horrible blaring musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Went to Parlor Steakhouse for Sunday brunch last week and really enjoyed their brunch special - had the eggs benedict (yum) and my plus one had the steak and eggs (also yum)! Plus flat rate ($30 per person) with drinks was awesome! My one complaint was there was horrible top 40 junk playing in the background - totally clashed with the vibe of the restaurant and the patrons (30 something year olds.)Special Features:
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We had chopped salad with salmon, cheeseburger, and marinated hanger and we all were happy with our choices. Food was really good. Hope to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cat2152VIPDined on 9/26/2014Been here many times before but something was different and exceptionally better this time. Table was great; the noise level is often a bit bawdy but this time our table was perfectly located in the side dining room which provided excellent ambiance. The food was spectacular. The filet mignon was perfectly done and the rib eye was marbled delightfully. The oysters were very choice. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Great little big placeczarina7Dined on 9/21/2014Fabulous food, great wait staff. It was a great place and way to catch up with friends. Will be going again.Special Features:
- Great Weekend BrunchNeighborhoodfoodieDined on 9/21/2014This is such a great place for brunch. The food is great and they let you take your time and enjoy your friends and a lazy Sunday brunch. The only negative is that there tend to be a lot of kids. They scream. It would be nice if the groups with kids were put in the dining room downstairs so that they could be as loud as they wanted without disturbing the rest of the diners.Special Features:
- Excellent first time experienceDelveDined on 9/19/2014We took relatives there for an early dinner. Great prix fix.... excellent food. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Noisy and terrible serviceMia418VIPDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant itself is one of the only decent places around Carnegie Hill for mid 30 plus years so they don't need to work hard. It 's incredibly noisy. Structure of the restaurant echoes with noise level that simply permeates throughout and add a dose of cackling prima donna females, you have a mix of hell. This isn't romantic place or for "conversation", but perfect place to be agitated. The other side of the bar which is seating near the window is better but don't bother during weekend brunch. If you want a screaming match and be unheard, this place is perfect. Food is simple and uncomplicated. But it isn't DelFrisco's or Keen's. I asked a dirty table to be wiped down- and got a dirty look. Service is spotty at best.
- great vibeEllenVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food is great, the menu interesting and varied, and the service friendly and warm. The owners take special care to make sure everyone is happy. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Steak and Good ServiceLoveNYCDined on 9/1/2014I could celebrate 25th anniversary of our marriage with my wife and son with tasty filet mignon.We received special celebration message as decoration of desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UESeaterVIPDined on 8/30/2014This place is decent for brunches. The room is big enough for a sizeable group. The steak was adequate, but I would go elsewhere if you can.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantemmaDined on 8/29/2014I love the striped sea bass and the filet mignon and salmon are also excellent. Service is also excellent. Watch out for blowing air vents or just bring a sweater.Special Features:
- ChazVIPDined on 8/28/2014Dining room was closed----flood from apt above so we ate in their event space downstairs. Very pleasant. They seemed to have upped their game on food. We had fish and seafood which were excellent. Not cheap but definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Parlor is a neighborhood gem. The food is very good and the prix fix lunch is a great deal.Special Features:
- lots of booze, food was only okmshelboDined on 8/23/2014I got the steak and eggs bottoms up thing. The mimosas were delicious and plentiful, and our waitress was very good about making sure we never had a dry glass. But the food itself was pretty weak for how expensive it was. The steak was basically completely unseasoned and the eggs were tasteless. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing, but steak from a steakhouse seemed like a safe bet!Special Features:
- Very DisappointinglovetoeatoutVIPDined on 8/20/2014Tiny glass of weak ice tea should have been the clue. Ordered the Lobster roll as did my guest- $26 shown as mp. No chunks of lobster- tiny bits just placed on top of an un-split bun. Very disappointing. The fries served with some delicate onion rings were not warm. Wasn't worth half.Special Features:
- GREAT BRUNCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The brunch prefix is an awesome deal and the food was great!!Special Features:
- Paror SteakhouseFrenhsk8VIPDined on 8/15/2014We are never disappointed at this restaurant. Since it was the end of restaurant week we invited friends to join us. They had not been to the Parlor before. While the restaurant week menu was attractive, three of us ended up ordering off the main menu. The food was delicious, as always. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was delivered to our table without a long wait. We always have a good experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but wasn't a wowkattyr3Dined on 8/14/2014Overall the food was good but wasn't wowed. Good steak and cheese cake. Did not enjoy the cold tomato bisque with celery.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014I was here two years ago and it was better then. Last time I didnt have to pay more for the better steak and unfortunately its night and day between the normal restaurant week menu entree and the one you have to pay 5 bucks more. but still it was very good. a little bit more creativity about the dessert would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentLJLULUVIPDined on 8/11/2014honestly this restaurant is inconsistent but when it is good, it's pretty noteworthy. my scallops were cooked perfectly. my companion's steaks were also cooked superbly. however, our service was not very good. the server would interrupt us in an untimely manner during a heated and emotional conversation which was poor judgement and lack of experience, we had to ask for water and lemon over and over. i specifically asked if the calamari were just rings or also the tentacles (the tentacles gross me out) and was told incorrect information. the manager did indeed come out and make everything right however. and i think that is good business. we also noted that we ordered a specific wine and were given the wrong bottle twice. it was a poor serverSpecial Features:
- JamieDined on 8/11/2014Everyone there was great. My friend meeting me there was stuck in traffic and was late but they were very friendly and patient with the situation.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseLindagDined on 8/9/2014Went to Parlor Steakhouse on a Saturday night, food was very good, typical steakhouse fare. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- First timeMbarbat1Dined on 8/8/2014This was my first time as I was visiting from out of town. Food was very good and the portions were just right. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. Not many places can cook the steak almost rare but not. The butter lettuce and beet salad was flavored exceptionally well and the chocolate dessert was good. This place is one that will be one that I will be returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.