115 W. Capitol St.
Jackson, MS 39201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parlormarket.com/
- Phone: (601) 360-0090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Unspecified
- Executive Chef: Matthew Kajdan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We would love to cater your reception, wedding, cocktail party, birthday, business lunch or class reunion. We have an extensive choice of menu options to choose from. Let us wow you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Located just two doors down from Parlor Market’s private dining room is Albert's, a beautiful private event space with incredible handmade glass chandeliers, reclaimed wood floors and original brick walls. We can serve 100 for a seated dinner, or 200 for a cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hillman 6013600090x
A word from Parlor Market
Located in the heart of Jackson’s revitalized downtown area, Parlor Market specializes in Seasonal Southern cuisine, drawing inspiration and ingredients from local farmers, ranchers and deep rooted traditions. Parlor Market preserves the history of downtown Jackson with rich marble, original brick, and Antebellum wood dating back to 1858. Enjoy a pre-prohibition cocktail, a glass of Southern wine, or a beer from our extensive Southern beer list or fresh seafood from our marble topped oyster and ceviche bar. Let our team of award winning chefs inspire you with their creative dishes in our open kitchen. The Parlor Market ambiance, experience and service are unparalleled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Parlor Market - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Parlor Market reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (30)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- One of the BestGalvestoncomVIPDined on 11/12/2014As a guy who lives and breathes to dine out (and really sorta think I've eaten at some great spots in the world)? Parlor Market ranks. It is, quite simply, one of the Top 10 Dining Experiences of my life. Tonight I enjoyed a crunchy, garden-fresh wedge salad with pork belly & bleu cheese to begin things. Followed with a thick, juicy pork chop with chutney and - THE MOST INCREDIBLE BRUSSELS SPROUT CASSEROLE ever. In fact, I'm just back to my King Edward room, googling how to attempt to recreate that casserole. AMAZING. For dessert? Can't recall the name, but think beignets in the size of donut holes in a basket; accompanied with a side of homemade vanilla ice cream, & a side of black coffee to drizzle. You can shoot me now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmLuvgrtfoodDined on 11/10/2014With beautiful brick walls and wooden beams, parlor market gives a classic old world feel to its downtown Jackson location. The duck dishes are delicious and the service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern ComfortJennVIPDined on 10/25/2014From the minute we walked into the front door, we knew we were in for a great meal. Tucked away among the dust along Capitol St, this off the beaten path restaurant did not disappoint. The food was creative and full of flavor. The short menu has something to please everyone - from duck, fish, steak and a huge burger. We hope to return to Jackson and dine again at Parlor Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place For Special OccasionsAllainsmynameVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is the place you need to go for not only great food, but for special attention to detail you won't get any where else. We came to Parlor Market for our most recent wedding anniversary. From the menu stating "Happy Anniversary" to the complimentary champagne to the complimentary appetizer to the visits from staff congratulating us, Parlor Market made us feel welcomed and treated us like special guests. The food is some of the best around, but as great as the food is, the service may be better. There is no other place we would rather celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in jacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014best restaurant in Jackson, MS. The food is outstanding and the service is excellent. I am planning my next trip already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here in Jackson.2ndDinnerDined on 10/4/2014We were looking for a place to eat in Jackson while in town a Chef friend of ours recommended Parlor. He was right again. We enjoyed it immensely. We had our 8 and 9 year olds with us and they loved the pork cheeks, and the foie gras appetizers. The burger was the "Best Burger Ever" according to my son. It was a good burger. I had the Duck carbonara and will assume it is one of the favorites on the menu. Delicious. My wife had the goat ravioli (I don't recall the proper name on the menu) it too was very tasty. The other appetizers and dessert we had were equally delicious and creative. Had a great Old Fashioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!Diner123Dined on 9/25/2014We had a great meal, all the vegetables were fantasticSpecial Features:
- Awesome date night restaurantAwesomeDined on 9/12/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Jackson. The staff is great and the food is amazing.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 9/8/2014The most recent of many meals here. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- NeilDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful evening of great service, sharing the 3 evening specials, enjoying excellent cocktails, and great wine suggestions from our bartender, John. We cannot wait for our next trip to Jackson so we can go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much promise, please don't blow itHopefulDined on 9/5/2014The food is innovative, crazy fresh, and expertly prepared. I see the chefs at the local farmers market all the time. Love the valet parking. The interior is wonderful. My hope is that Parlor Market remains a force on the Jackson dining scene for years to come. My only complaint is that, with entree prices well north of $30 and the promise of having one of Jackson's finest dining experiences, we were seated next to some hillbilly schmuck who wore a baseball cap the entire time. Parlor Market owners and hostesses: IT IS OKAY TO REQUIRE GENTLEMEN TO REMOVE THEIR HATS UPON ENTERING. PLEASE DO SO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExecutiondrobertsDined on 9/2/2014The service was great and the food was perfectly executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very Special MealMillyDined on 8/29/2014Our party of eight enjoyed a variety of dishes and everyone loved their food! Three in the party are from New York City and this is their favorite place to eat when they are in town. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- They remembered.asabernathyDined on 8/23/2014This was my 2nd time to this restaurant and they remembered the table I liked form the last trip. Coincidence or great customer service? You decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful celebration of son's 30th birthday. Staff prepared special dessert tray, had a menu with Happy Birthday at the top. Food was so good and we had a great family evening.Special Features:
- First time thereasabernathyDined on 8/16/2014Per request, had a nice table in a quiet corner. Good food, interesting menu items.Special Features:
- BsquaredDined on 8/15/2014Small plates where awesome. Ravioli wa tender and tasty. Pork belly and puesters Rockefeller were my favorites. Next time I'm Jackson i am going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensationally good, againJereasyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is the most inventive, innovative and delicious cooking that we've encountered lately, and we live in the French Quarter where fine dining is the norm. Our server was knowledgable and helpful as well as cute and friendly. This restaurant is the only reason we overnight in Jackson, but it is a very fine reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best all summermousemomDined on 8/8/2014the entire meal was outstanding. Seemingly in the middle of nowhere - but wonderful.Special Features:
- excellentroyeDined on 8/2/2014I enjoyed dining at Parlor Market. I will dine there again and will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- The following 459 reviews are from the Parlor Market reviews archive.
- Great Dining ExperienceSoapGuyDined on 7/19/2014We sat at bar and enjoyed the "Small Plate" experience. There were so many good selections that we had to try several. Next time I will try and limit myself to one small plate so that I can save room for an entree. The chicken livers and duck gumbo were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown Jackson find!TravelingRimoDined on 7/15/2014A group of 5 of us had an open evening during a quick trip through Jackson recently. Several reviews rated the place highly. We were not disappointed. The service was efficient, but not rushed. The food came out from the kitchen at a nice pace. Our apps were so good great, we reordered them. Hands down, the duck sausage was the hit of the night for everyone! Three days later, we're still talking about it. Will go out of my way to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bartenders, great chefPixieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I work in Jackson at least 10 days a month and dine at PM often. I always feel special when I walk in as the staff recognizes me, calls me by name and consistently provides excellent customer service. John and Mitchell make great drinks and always provide service with a smile. Best French 75 in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealDiningDanDined on 7/12/2014The food was excellent. I frequent Parlor Market, and although there have been times that I was not completely impressed, the last meal I had was solid all the way around. The duck carbonara was perfectly prepared, and the drinks, are always on point. Great place. I just wish the downtown area would make a comeback. This is one of the only gems down there, and the rest of the area is dragging it down. It's unfortunate, because if this place was up in Ridgeland, or really anywhere further north, it would be packed every night.Special Features:
- Mark StadlerDFWMarkVIPDined on 7/10/2014Happened to find this gem while visiting Jackson. Catfish Taco was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary high note in Jackson, MSveganfoodieDined on 6/25/2014A friend and I had the pleasure of dining at Parlor Market while we were recently in Jackson to attend the International Ballet Competition.We have been visiting Jackson for many years to attend this event and our meal at Parlor Market was hands down the best dining experience we have ever had in Jackson.The ambiance is comfortable and attractive, the wait staff knowledgeable and attentive even the valet service was exceptional and the food..yes the food,carefully and skillfully prepared.Risotto with mushrooms, pistachios and grilled asparagus and blood orange sorbet were my favorites. We will definitely be back every time we visit Jackson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014We took a group of 10 for an after work dinner and it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be careful what you ask forstroonzeDined on 6/13/2014First let me say that this restaurant does care about the quality of their work. Having said that, please know that my wife and i both ordered their only steak entree ($38.00). We were greatly disappointed as the cut was good but there was absolutely no taste whatsoever to the dish. It was totally tasteless. I asked for the manager and John came to our table. He was genuinely concerned and aghast that we were not at all pleased and offered to comp the meals. I settled for only paying for one as I wanted my point to be the steaks, not a free dinner. I give John, the manager credit as he did the correct thing, but even with one comped meal, we still spent close to one hundred dollars for what turned out to be a major disappointment.Special Features:
- Pork Belly fabulousnessFoodieDined on 6/10/2014I absolutely loves this restaurant. The service was great and the food was excellent. The pork belly is to die for and the grits were amazing!!! I ended my meal with the brownie that is topped with bacon. Yum!!! I hope to go back during my next visit to Mississippi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Food was quite interesting and good. The waiter had great recommendations; however, didn't pay attention to food allergies. We told him about ours and were surprised that several dishes still had the allergens in them. I would definitely eat there again but would be quite specific about the allergy issues. My daughter raved about the 'mushy garnish that tasted delicious'! (It was Grits. :))Special Features:
- AmazingLmitchVIPDined on 4/30/2014Every time I have eaten here I have been amazed at the flavors put together with the food. Even simple tater totts were made with blue cheese. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014This visit was my 3rd and I have always been very pleased. The wine list is excellent and the service is impeccable. My husband and college aged daughter also enjoyed the night. So far, Parlor Market is the best restaurant we have found in Jackson (we live in the Dallas area).Special Features:
- FantasticBdubyaDined on 4/11/2014Excellent Food, Atmosphere, and Service. I'm ready to go back!Special Features:
- Reservation for 1? "Sit at the bar"DonnaBelievesDined on 4/8/2014When I arrived five minutes early for my reservation, the hostess informed me they would not have a table for one for 30 minutes. I was confused so I reminded her that I had a reservation. She said, "You can sit at the bar. Do you want to do that?" After seriously contemplating making an issue about what a reservation for a "table" means to experience diners, I chose instead to have my dinner at the bar which was sparsely populated. The bartender was great and service went well. Menu wise, there may have been one vegetarian option -- seems everything had cheese or meat in it. Checking this off of my "restaurant list." No need to return.Special Features:
- date nightRickDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I ate here Friday night and it was a wonderful experience. Our server was awesome and all of the food from the cup of gumbo we chose as an appetizer until the beignets we had as dessert.Special Features:
- What a find in downtown Jackson!OpenTableJunkieVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was out first visit to Parlor Market. As of this writing, there's much road construction happening in the downtown Jackson area, so getting to PM was not very easy. However, once inside, we totally forgot about the roads outside. We were seated immediately at a table in the bar area. The atmosphere felt trendy, energetic. We had the Oysters Rockefeller for appetizer...it was delish! I had the steelhead trout (more like a salmon) and my hubby had the pork tenderloin...both entrees were amazing! The service was great, as well! Oh, also, the white cheddar grits...try them! Overall, we will definitely go back to Jackson and visit this gem again!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner.MCgirlDined on 3/21/2014My fiancé and I had our first date at Parlor Market. It was absolutely wonderfully. We recently celebrated our anniversary there to recreate our first date. The staff provided great service and made our night magical. The food and drinks were amazing. Both the chef and the bartender were very talented and provided amazing products. The only thing I would change would be the lighting. The dinning room is a little dark, but not unbearingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I was looking forJBobVIPDined on 3/4/2014Located on an almost deserted street, I was not sure what I was going to find at this restaurant! Turned out to be absolutely wonderful. Food and service were both outstanding, as well as the girl who greeted and seated me. Chef came out of the kitchen to thank me for coming in - just such a warm and friendly place. True diamond in the ruff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought and WhimsyTinaBDined on 2/22/2014The thought put in to each dish makes up for the limited appetizers and entrees. The chefs create whimsy on a plate with a little surprise found at the first bite. I don't want to spoil the surprise so I won't describe my experience other than to say they won me over at first bite. The "Walk Down Memory Lane" dessert is a must. A push-up style sherbet, rice crispier treat, whoopie pie and s'mores comes in an old time lunch box and enough for the table of four, although all will be fighting to get more of the s'mores. Great experience and worth the price. Also, the cocktail menu is extensive and full of whimsy itself. A surprising jewel in the middle of Jackson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Food ChoicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014They have an awesome menu, with lots of neat choices. I do think that the lunch or smaller plates are a better value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.