115 W. Capitol St.
Jackson, MS 39201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parlormarket.com/
- Phone: 6013600090x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Southern
- Executive Chef: Craig Noone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We would love to cater your reception, wedding, cocktail party, birthday, business lunch or class reunion. We have an extensive choice of menu options to choose from. Let us wow you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Located just two doors down from Parlor Market’s private dining room is Albert's, a beautiful private event space with incredible handmade glass chandeliers, reclaimed wood floors and original brick walls. We can serve 100 for a seated dinner, or 200 for a cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hillman 6013600090x
A word from Parlor Market
Located in the heart of Jackson’s revitalized downtown area, Parlor Market specializes in Seasonal Southern cuisine, drawing inspiration and ingredients from local farmers, ranchers and deep rooted traditions. Parlor Market preserves the history of downtown Jackson with rich marble, original brick, and Antebellum wood dating back to 1858. Enjoy a pre-prohibition cocktail, a glass of Southern wine, or a beer from our extensive Southern beer list or fresh seafood from our marble topped oyster and ceviche bar. Let our team of award winning chefs inspire you with their creative dishes in our open kitchen. The Parlor Market ambiance, experience and service are unparalleled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Parlor Market - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Parlor Market reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (33)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (16)good for groups (12)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A very Special MealMillyDined on 8/29/2014Our party of eight enjoyed a variety of dishes and everyone loved their food! Three in the party are from New York City and this is their favorite place to eat when they are in town. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- They remembered.asabernathyDined on 8/23/2014This was my 2nd time to this restaurant and they remembered the table I liked form the last trip. Coincidence or great customer service? You decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014Wonderful celebration of son's 30th birthday. Staff prepared special dessert tray, had a menu with Happy Birthday at the top. Food was so good and we had a great family evening.Special Features:
- First time thereasabernathyDined on 8/16/2014Per request, had a nice table in a quiet corner. Good food, interesting menu items.Special Features:
- BsquaredDined on 8/15/2014Small plates where awesome. Ravioli wa tender and tasty. Pork belly and puesters Rockefeller were my favorites. Next time I'm Jackson i am going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensationally good, againJereasyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is the most inventive, innovative and delicious cooking that we've encountered lately, and we live in the French Quarter where fine dining is the norm. Our server was knowledgable and helpful as well as cute and friendly. This restaurant is the only reason we overnight in Jackson, but it is a very fine reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentroyeDined on 8/2/2014I enjoyed dining at Parlor Market. I will dine there again and will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceSoapGuyDined on 7/19/2014We sat at bar and enjoyed the "Small Plate" experience. There were so many good selections that we had to try several. Next time I will try and limit myself to one small plate so that I can save room for an entree. The chicken livers and duck gumbo were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown Jackson find!TravelingRimoDined on 7/15/2014A group of 5 of us had an open evening during a quick trip through Jackson recently. Several reviews rated the place highly. We were not disappointed. The service was efficient, but not rushed. The food came out from the kitchen at a nice pace. Our apps were so good great, we reordered them. Hands down, the duck sausage was the hit of the night for everyone! Three days later, we're still talking about it. Will go out of my way to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bartenders, great chefPixieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I work in Jackson at least 10 days a month and dine at PM often. I always feel special when I walk in as the staff recognizes me, calls me by name and consistently provides excellent customer service. John and Mitchell make great drinks and always provide service with a smile. Best French 75 in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealDiningDanDined on 7/12/2014The food was excellent. I frequent Parlor Market, and although there have been times that I was not completely impressed, the last meal I had was solid all the way around. The duck carbonara was perfectly prepared, and the drinks, are always on point. Great place. I just wish the downtown area would make a comeback. This is one of the only gems down there, and the rest of the area is dragging it down. It's unfortunate, because if this place was up in Ridgeland, or really anywhere further north, it would be packed every night.Special Features:
- Mark StadlerDFWMarkDined on 7/10/2014Happened to find this gem while visiting Jackson. Catfish Taco was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary high note in Jackson, MSveganfoodieDined on 6/25/2014A friend and I had the pleasure of dining at Parlor Market while we were recently in Jackson to attend the International Ballet Competition.We have been visiting Jackson for many years to attend this event and our meal at Parlor Market was hands down the best dining experience we have ever had in Jackson.The ambiance is comfortable and attractive, the wait staff knowledgeable and attentive even the valet service was exceptional and the food..yes the food,carefully and skillfully prepared.Risotto with mushrooms, pistachios and grilled asparagus and blood orange sorbet were my favorites. We will definitely be back every time we visit Jackson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014We took a group of 10 for an after work dinner and it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be careful what you ask forstroonzeDined on 6/13/2014First let me say that this restaurant does care about the quality of their work. Having said that, please know that my wife and i both ordered their only steak entree ($38.00). We were greatly disappointed as the cut was good but there was absolutely no taste whatsoever to the dish. It was totally tasteless. I asked for the manager and John came to our table. He was genuinely concerned and aghast that we were not at all pleased and offered to comp the meals. I settled for only paying for one as I wanted my point to be the steaks, not a free dinner. I give John, the manager credit as he did the correct thing, but even with one comped meal, we still spent close to one hundred dollars for what turned out to be a major disappointment.Special Features:
- Pork Belly fabulousnessFoodieDined on 6/10/2014I absolutely loves this restaurant. The service was great and the food was excellent. The pork belly is to die for and the grits were amazing!!! I ended my meal with the brownie that is topped with bacon. Yum!!! I hope to go back during my next visit to Mississippi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Food was quite interesting and good. The waiter had great recommendations; however, didn't pay attention to food allergies. We told him about ours and were surprised that several dishes still had the allergens in them. I would definitely eat there again but would be quite specific about the allergy issues. My daughter raved about the 'mushy garnish that tasted delicious'! (It was Grits. :))Special Features:
- The following 449 reviews are from the Parlor Market reviews archive.
- AmazingLmitchVIPDined on 4/30/2014Every time I have eaten here I have been amazed at the flavors put together with the food. Even simple tater totts were made with blue cheese. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014This visit was my 3rd and I have always been very pleased. The wine list is excellent and the service is impeccable. My husband and college aged daughter also enjoyed the night. So far, Parlor Market is the best restaurant we have found in Jackson (we live in the Dallas area).Special Features:
- FantasticBdubyaDined on 4/11/2014Excellent Food, Atmosphere, and Service. I'm ready to go back!Special Features:
- Reservation for 1? "Sit at the bar"DonnaBelievesDined on 4/8/2014When I arrived five minutes early for my reservation, the hostess informed me they would not have a table for one for 30 minutes. I was confused so I reminded her that I had a reservation. She said, "You can sit at the bar. Do you want to do that?" After seriously contemplating making an issue about what a reservation for a "table" means to experience diners, I chose instead to have my dinner at the bar which was sparsely populated. The bartender was great and service went well. Menu wise, there may have been one vegetarian option -- seems everything had cheese or meat in it. Checking this off of my "restaurant list." No need to return.Special Features:
- date nightRickDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I ate here Friday night and it was a wonderful experience. Our server was awesome and all of the food from the cup of gumbo we chose as an appetizer until the beignets we had as dessert.Special Features:
- What a find in downtown Jackson!OpenTableJunkieVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was out first visit to Parlor Market. As of this writing, there's much road construction happening in the downtown Jackson area, so getting to PM was not very easy. However, once inside, we totally forgot about the roads outside. We were seated immediately at a table in the bar area. The atmosphere felt trendy, energetic. We had the Oysters Rockefeller for appetizer...it was delish! I had the steelhead trout (more like a salmon) and my hubby had the pork tenderloin...both entrees were amazing! The service was great, as well! Oh, also, the white cheddar grits...try them! Overall, we will definitely go back to Jackson and visit this gem again!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner.MCgirlDined on 3/21/2014My fiancé and I had our first date at Parlor Market. It was absolutely wonderfully. We recently celebrated our anniversary there to recreate our first date. The staff provided great service and made our night magical. The food and drinks were amazing. Both the chef and the bartender were very talented and provided amazing products. The only thing I would change would be the lighting. The dinning room is a little dark, but not unbearingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I was looking forJBobVIPDined on 3/4/2014Located on an almost deserted street, I was not sure what I was going to find at this restaurant! Turned out to be absolutely wonderful. Food and service were both outstanding, as well as the girl who greeted and seated me. Chef came out of the kitchen to thank me for coming in - just such a warm and friendly place. True diamond in the ruff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought and WhimsyTinaBDined on 2/22/2014The thought put in to each dish makes up for the limited appetizers and entrees. The chefs create whimsy on a plate with a little surprise found at the first bite. I don't want to spoil the surprise so I won't describe my experience other than to say they won me over at first bite. The "Walk Down Memory Lane" dessert is a must. A push-up style sherbet, rice crispier treat, whoopie pie and s'mores comes in an old time lunch box and enough for the table of four, although all will be fighting to get more of the s'mores. Great experience and worth the price. Also, the cocktail menu is extensive and full of whimsy itself. A surprising jewel in the middle of Jackson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Food ChoicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014They have an awesome menu, with lots of neat choices. I do think that the lunch or smaller plates are a better value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerSlwiebeDined on 2/15/2014Wonderful service, friendly employees, relaxed atmosphere. Can't wait to go back. Everything was amazing; especially the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty as alwaysahommellDined on 2/14/2014First off, this was the choice for dinner for Valentine's day. My experience did not mirror everyone else' but it was my view. Food: AMAZING Drinks: SUPERB Wait staff: EXCELLENT The only think that made our dining experience not perfect, was the lightbulb that was dead above our table. We were situated at a nice sized table at the front of the restaurant in the window well, so light from the street did help, but it was hard to read the menus and see our food. The food, drinks, and everything about the restaurant was delicious. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Date Night Ever!ExperienceseekerDined on 2/13/2014The place is located in downtown Jackson. It's very cosy and intimate for couples. My wife has a food allergy to nuts, and the server quickly notified the chef and our meal was tailored to fit this need. We ordered the 5-course meal, which the chef will surprise you with a special 5- course meal that will wow your eyes and fill your belly. The portions we perfect for us, and we were able to finish the entire meal without feeling stuffed to the gills. My wife's favorite were the grilled oysters, the goat, and duck sausage. Mine was the goat. This dining experience is not recommended for the thrifty spender; however there are some menu items for the price conscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip restaurant on Capital StreetBethDined on 1/11/2014Jackson has great restaurants but Parlour Market is unique. It's located on Capital Street which is currently being "revitalized". The restaurant offers valet service. You pull up and get out. When you're finished eating, your waiter calls your car. This is a great service! The food has a delicious quality and is very fresh, using local produce. My husband and I always split the wedge salad (great!!) because the entree's are delicious. The trout was fabulous combining hot and spicy with a delicate sweet and creamy risotto. I can't say enough though for my husbands choice, Duck Carbonaro. The pasta was a perfect al dente and the duck was literally falling off the bone. I'll go back just for another taste of that dish.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsAllainsmynameDined on 1/11/2014I've been to Parlor Market more times than I can count, and never have I been disappointed with any aspect of my dinner. The attention to detail from the service to the food is incredible. There's no place like it in the Jackson area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Celebrationjgc123Dined on 1/4/2014We returned to Parlor Market for our anniversary. We both love Parlor Market, but neither of us expected to be as blown away with the food and service we received on this visit. When I made our reservations, I noted that it was our anniversary, but honestly didn't expect anyone to take notice. But someone did, and they made sure we were taken care of. They even printed special menus with "Happy "Anniversary" at the top; a small but very, very special touch! We arrived and took advantage of the free valet service that is offered; BIG plus. Our server, Chad, is the most professional, friendly, and accommodating served I have ever had. I don't have enough space to even begin to speak on how amazing and delicious the good was. THANKS PM CREW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for special occasionsMillyDined on 12/27/2013Parlor market is one of those rare places that has it all. The food is wonderful and the ambiance and service is superb. I felt like I was in a New York City restaurant. Love the fried oyster salad and filet. One friend had the duck breast and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service put a damper on eveningMadisonDinerDined on 12/27/2013My husband and I were looking forward to an evening out at Parlor Market as it is one of our favorites. It was surprisingly empty for a Friday night so we expected prompt service. Unfortunately, this was not the case. It took our server 10 minutes to even acknowledge us and another 10-15 minutes to get our drinks. The food came out in a timely manner and was good but the poor service overshadowed it.Special Features:
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2013Food very good not out of this. World terrific.alittle pricey for what you get. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant night but not memorableBRUCEVIPDined on 12/14/2013Blunt and dubiously clean knives. OK service speed, but waiter forgot wine order and then delivered at inappropriate times. Duck, seemingly a house specialty, was well-prepared but a little too stringy Duck pate was tasty and well-presented but the chip accompaniment as opposed to toast detracted from the experience. Dessert offerings very ordinary and the beignets seemed under-prepared. Restaurant could do better effort clearing air of cooking aromas.
- Gem in the roughAPS999Dined on 12/7/2013Even with all the construction going on to hopefully revitalize the downtown area of Jackson, Parlor Market is providing great service and food. Parking can be an issue right now though. The tables were a bit too close for my liking, everyone was basically in the other tables conversation, like it or not. The food was great and service was equally good. Definitely a good place for a business dinner and a nice evening out with friends, not great for an intimate evening though due to the closeness of the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and surprising foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013This place is not your typical high dollar steak house. They have done actual chefs that do a heck of a lot more than ribeye, medium-rare. I was taken aback by the diversity in flavors on the menu. The entrees are all unique and everything I had was absolutely fantastic. I recommend bringing a hot date and sharing a few small plates and splitting a large. You will not regret the variety. And the atmosphere is definitely top notch.Special Features:
- Southern GemMarcosVIPDined on 11/21/2013One of the best dinners I've had in a while. Ordered two small plates (warning: not small at all!), the duck sausage and the pork cheeks. The first one was old school Southern flavors, the second one had an asian twist, coming with a wonderful cheese wonton-style fried dumpling and kimchee. Both beatifully presented, and garnished with sauces of exploding flavirs. Very friendly and knowledgeable waiter, nice beer n wine selection (had a draft of oatmesl stout and a glass of pinot noir). Chef came over to make small talk. I mean, from decor to friendliness, quintessential South, yet flavors, South-plus; this guy is truly talented!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.