301 E. 6th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkside-austin.com/
- Phone: 5124749898x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cirkiel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our 2nd floor event space features a beautiful dining area, private bar, and outdoor patio overlooking 6th street. Perfect for any occasion you are looking to plan in the heart of downtown Austin.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Gueli 5124749898x
- Special Events: Daily happy hour from 5:00-6:30pm features 1/2 price bar menu and all beer and liquor. Available in the entire restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Parkside
Parkside, a gastro pub in Austin’s lively downtown area is home to chef/owner Shawn Cirkiel. Located directly on Sixth Street it offers a casual venue for his unpretentious, but bold take on New American Cuisine. Offerings include a sumptuous raw bar—which often carries as many as 16 varieties of oysters. While the menu changes seasonally—even daily--diners can enjoy both dramatic dishes like seared scallops with butternut puree, jalapeno, and lime or comfort basics such as a cheeseburger or fried egg sandwich.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Parkside - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Parkside reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (63)hot spot (61)good for groups (53)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (35)late-night find (22)notable wine list (20)scenic view (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GREAT FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014Frankly, I picked this restaurant to take clients to based on location for a conference near the convention center. The clients thought the food was great, the service was attentive without being overbearing. The location on 6th street was ideal for after dinner wandering and listening to live music.Special Features:
- Good but could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We (4) ordered fried green tomatoes, blonde pate / strawberries, three curry cauliflower soup and a grilled ny strip, served with potato gratin, bok choy, carmelized onions, horseradish. The starters were great, but down hill from there. All three soups and steak were served at room temperature. None of the food was hot. The steak was cooked to perfection (Med); however, very disappointing to eat a less than warm steak. The potato gratin was also not hot. Not sure about how the food moves from the chef to the table, but something went wrong. We did share this with our server. Manager stopped by and comped the three soups but not the steak and ordered us a free dessert with champagne. This was my 2nd time here but two very diff. experiences.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourChristenDined on 10/20/2014We went for an early dinner and hit Happy Hour. Fabulous cocktails, great half price apps and the menu is really something special. We had a great table with a view of 6th. Our service was impeccable, food was great and the overall experience was perfect for what we were looking for while vacationing in Austin. Highly recommend, especially if you enjoy oysters and cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionKThurmDined on 10/18/2014We had fantastic food at Parkside for a Bachelorette celebration. Our group was unfortunately disappointed by the service during our meal and felt like it was better to rush out of our table rather than enjoying cocktails or dessert.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedTable4fourDined on 10/18/2014Tourist visiting for the day, looking at #1 trip advisor attraction state capital. looked at list of top 5 restaurants in Austin luckily got in at 5:30 which happens to be 1/2 off happy hour with a variety apps & drinks, we ordered one item after another and was blown away! We kept our server very busy to say the least! My husband who is a serious foodie was blown away by the bone marrow salad, sweetbread croquettes, beef tartare, fried green tomatoes, fried okra, ceviche, oyster platter and don't forget the deserts they were mind blowing. My fav drink was the garden, refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014We were at a booth table WAY in the back. There were six of us. The table itself was vast. We had to yell at each other to speak and hear. Eventually one gives up talking. The oysters were terrific. Stunning. The crudo was ok. The duck was terrible. What was that? A shredded duck disquised as a hamburger/sausage? No seasoning and tough. The rest of the food was mediocre and very expensive. The place was loaded with milenials and they were waiting on line to get in. What can I say? Olive and June was better.Special Features:
- Super ServiceNelliepDined on 10/10/2014We arrived expecting to order from the regular menu, but were so enamored with the bar menu we ordered okra, oysters, and calamari. The hubs enjoyed his standard Manhattan and then based off our server's recommendation went with a rye whiskey he raved about. We ended with the doughnuts for dessert which were a perfect bit of sweetness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIFE SAVERAnnieDVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Parkside team were amazing and flexible...gracious in accommodating a large group that just kept growing.. The waitstaff was patient and v helpful...the hostess..worked with us to accommodate a group of 10 that grew to 15....Can not say enough good things..Special Features:
- HushpuppyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went with a dear friend to an early dinner while visiting. Did some brief research online and settled on Parkside. Ordered a bourbon cocktail, fried green tomatoes, duck and pear dessert. Pluses: Happy hour for libations and food...yes ma'am. Excellent service. Food was delish. The dessert. Located next to everything in downtown. Minuses: Questionable value outside of happy hour. Tiny table. A touch pretentious. Space: Rustic but comfortable. High ceilings. Lots of wood and loftish decor. Service: Hostesses were friendly. Server was not the most personable person in the world but efficient and was there when needed. Food & Drink: Food was excellent. Value: Eh. Would I go back? Absolutely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 9/30/2014Great food, great service, great drinks. Parkside never fails to deliver. I go repeatedly, and it's always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....RichardBDined on 9/30/2014The lamb was excellent, the duck was tasty, but the good taste was overpowered with salt (two mouths agreed). Table for two was best for 4. We were talking across a chasm and, with the high level of noise, I had to be sure to sit up on chair and over the table. I selected the only upper level noise rating, "energetic," which seems like an dismisses choice, when the levels were distracting/annoying. Our waiter was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of this worldMTLfoodloverDined on 9/28/2014Incredible bread, light as a cloud, served with pepper butter - really original and soooo good! It was a good start to an amazing dinner! Crab fritters are light and tasteful and the parkside fries were superb! The salmon entree and the tuna entree were both equally outstanding. It would have been a perfect night if it wasn't for the way too cold AC and a bit too salty everything.Special Features:
- first time in austinmxvwxmDined on 9/27/2014recommended to me by a friend. fantastic spot for dinner. menu had a lot of depth and appeals to a wide range of tastes. surprised that it is located on 6th--but an absolutely fantastic spot nonetheless.Special Features:
- E920Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great but it is really noisy. Large party next to us had an extra loud guy but overall the place is very echo-y. We couldn't really carry on a conversation at our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerNightout23Dined on 9/26/2014Food was amazing, loved the calamari! Perfect spot for a girls night out! However we had reservations for 9pm and we're not seated for 35mins due to the table not being ready...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodcarmenreyVIPDined on 9/26/2014I'm not sure this place lives up to the hype. It's definitely a trendy spot right on 6th street and very appealing; however, I didn't find any of the food to be great. We ordered a bunch of difference apps and side plates and tried quite a bit, but everything was just ok. Was honestly hoping for a little more. Service was fantastic - sat at the bar. Probably not worth a long wait - have a drink here and eat somewhere else.Special Features:
- DissappointingdangithienDined on 9/26/2014We had to send some dishes back to the kitchen because they were so poorly made. Although the rest of the meal wasn't much better. The manager was very apologetic and offered free dessert and champagne.Special Features:
- Amazing!MollyaubDined on 9/20/2014Girls night out for a group of 3. Went at 9:15, restaurant was still packed and loud (in a good way)! It was a great mix of upscale/fine dining, but still feeling like you're in the heart of 6th street. Food was amazing. Waitress was great with suggestions for oysters as well as our main meals. Unfortunately they were already out of the duck by the time we ordered, but the scallops were delicious, and I look forward to trying the duck in the future!Special Features:
- Much better than last timeSamHamDined on 9/18/2014I came here about 6 months ago and wasn't that impressed but I went last night and it was much better. Glad I came backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating my sisters birthday and since she wasn't 21 our server had the bar make her a yummy mocktail and brought out a free dessert. Made her feel so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Too over priced for the type and quality of food served. Will not return.
- Return trip as good as the first!BeantownBoyDined on 9/6/2014My wife & I had such fond memories of the appetizers we enjoyed on our first trip to parkside we had to be unadventurous and order them again - sharing the crab fritters, the ceviche, and Caesar salad. All just as tasty as the first time. New this time around were the NY Strip Steak and the lamb entrees. Very rich sirloin flavor, drizzled with an absolutely mouthwatering pan reduction that didn't overwhelm the steak. NY Strip will never cut like Prime Rib, but what you get in exchange is a smack upside the head with FLAVOR. I had a bite of my wife's lamb (a meat I genuinely love) and pronounced it delicious, but I was too busy savoring my steak to say much about the lamb. For dessert we shared the Blackberries & Brie. Great finish!Special Features:
- Had a lousy serverDFBakerDined on 9/1/2014We ordered a specific bottle of white wine (~$45). What was brought was a carafe of a white wine that was poured before I could say something. I got a little suspicious as the contents tasted a little more chardonnayish than what I expected, but maybe its just my paranoia given the situation. There was one other server who addressed our concern that this wasn't normal bottle service and even finished clearing our table minutes after our assigned server left it conspicuously dirty after a first clearing. Made for an uncomfortable evening. I tipped 15% instead of 20%+. I left the hostesses a comment with contact info but MGMT never contacted me. Despite a good "other"server and great food, I don't think I'll return.
- Great ServicefoodieDined on 8/30/2014The food was amazing, along with great service! Our server, Trip, was on top of everything, made our night enjoyable.Special Features:
- Downtown treasureNattieBDined on 8/30/2014Ideal place for a variety of occasions. Decor is casual enough for a busy couple's overdue date night get away but chic and classy enough for a bridal party or business dinner. Fabulous menu with just enough creative variety, from simple to exotic, to satisfy any discretionary foodie. I chose the Salmon and my date ordered the bison; both were prepared to perfection!! The view of sixth street sets a nice tone reminiscent of a scene from a Hepburn or Bogart movie. Be sure to make a reservation, this hot spot is tough to get into without one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin Visit - Great SpotSHC10Dined on 8/29/2014Took some friends on their first trip to Austin, and wanted to celebrate a birthday with a great meal. Found this spot online with some great reviews of the food and ambiance, and was not disappointed. Great raw bar, cocktails, and main entrees. The scallops are incredible, but was not disappointed by any of the other items. Would definitely return on my next trip to Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take it to the Next LevelhappytravellerVIPDined on 8/28/2014wine glasses and silverware spotted... between courses table needed to be wiped...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business guestsfunfoodieDined on 8/27/2014I had to organize a dinner for 16 out-of-town business guests - 5 of whom did not speak English, and several with food allergies. We made reservations in advance easily, and had great service on the spot. At no point did it feel like a chore for the restaurant to serve such a large group. The food was great, the drinks were great, and they even accommodated little things (like when one guest asked to send another the "girliest drink on the menu"). Dinner impressed everyone!Special Features:
- Great food - don't split a plateATXaggieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Parkside has been a easy go-to spot for years with unique food and exciting combinations of flavors. The menu did not disappoint this time as we tried grilled lamb and scallops and a nice (albeit small for $9) kale salad along with wine and drinks. The kicker: my date and I ordered the salad to share and the lamb entree to split. The waitress asked if we'd like them to split the plate in the kitchen and we thought, "sure!". Well, split they did with a nice un-mentioned $2 fee. Maybe $2 seems negligible to the restaurant and some patrons, but to me, it was a cheap shot and a low blow at an already pricey place.
- excellent but....JupieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food & service was excellent but few choices on menu & wine list made the experience slightly disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over salted inconsistent dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Over salted inconsistent dishes. 4 small scallops on scallop plateI would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!smb2287VIPDined on 8/23/2014I have always been a fan of Parkside, but it's been a while since I've been for dinner. I was so happy that the food was just as good, if not better than I remembered! The oysters were amazing, as they usually are. The fried okra was hard to stop eating so that I could save room for my entree. As for my main dish, I ordered the scallops with creamed corn and I licked my plate clean. The ambiance is energetic, yet quiet enough so that you can have a conversation with others at the table. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in the Austin area or to those who are visiting.Special Features:
- Plain Food Bad TableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The table where we were seated is probably the only bad seat in the house, so my review is probably not characteristic of the restaurant overall. But there is one table by the waitress station that probably shouldn't be used. It's a bad spot and put a damper on the experience. I felt that the food was kind of plain, and just okay for the caliber of restaurant the menu prices suggest. It was difficult to hear our server, and we ended up ordering the wrong thing as a result of not being able to hear the description of a special properly. So overall, I don't think I'd go back.
- Been there beforeausitneatsDined on 8/8/2014I think this restaurant would be more appreciated if it was not directly in the middle of sixth street. It may get more business this way - but not the kind of business it wants.Special Features:
- Great placeHoustonCoupleDined on 8/8/2014Outstanding food, great service, even crowded and busy everything ran like a perfect operation. Will go again next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot on 6th!biztainerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Been wanting to go here for sometime. Been to their other restaurants which have all been great and this one did not disappoint my party at all. Great oysters and apps. We ordered several entrees but had them served family style so we all got to try a variety of dishes. Everyone enjoyed the food, cocktails and some white wine with our meal. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show spot + Wednesday DealTisloveDined on 8/6/2014A perfect spot to dine before a show, especially on Wednesdays where they have a deal of half off oysters and half off champagne. Love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We came in late for dinner and everything from arrival to departure was fantastic. Our table was ready and we were seated right away. The server was excellent and helpful. The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Good foodNotperfectDined on 8/1/2014It was a really good experience but here are some feedbacks. We had a reservation for 8:15 pm for 2 adult and one kid and we got there at 8:05, we had to wait till 8:40 with our small one. It is not kids friendly!!! And they dont care if you have a kid or not. The menu does not have any kids food!!! The food portions are really small and french fries was too salty that we could not eat.Special Features:
- Good for a special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014We came here for our 7th anniversary and our expectations were actually exceeded. The hostess was immediately attentive and friendly and kept us informed as our table was prepared. We were seated ahead of our reservation, which we didn't expect. Our waiter Trip was friendly knowledgeable and balanced in his attention to us. The top notch. Hearty but well balanced and well presented. The pork jowl was a revelation while the sea scallops in cream corn were perfectly seared and done. Their cocktails are worth the trip alone. Specialities and Parkside updates of some standbys like the Old Fashioned, Pimms Cup and the Moscow Mule. Very well done. We we surpised with a complimentary glass of champagne and desert for two. Excellent!Special Features: