301 E. 6th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkside-austin.com/
- Phone: (512) 474-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cirkiel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our 2nd floor event space features a beautiful dining area, private bar, and outdoor patio overlooking 6th street. Perfect for any occasion you are looking to plan in the heart of downtown Austin.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Gueli 5124749898x
- Special Events: Daily happy hour from 5:00-6:30pm features 1/2 price bar menu and all beer and liquor. Available in the entire restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Parkside
Parkside, a gastro pub in Austin’s lively downtown area is home to chef/owner Shawn Cirkiel. Located directly on Sixth Street it offers a casual venue for his unpretentious, but bold take on New American Cuisine. Offerings include a sumptuous raw bar—which often carries as many as 16 varieties of oysters. While the menu changes seasonally—even daily--diners can enjoy both dramatic dishes like seared scallops with butternut puree, jalapeno, and lime or comfort basics such as a cheeseburger or fried egg sandwich.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Parkside - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Parkside reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (100)hot spot (69)special occasion (54)good for groups (53)vibrant bar scene (41)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (33)notable wine list (22)late-night find (13)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Going great until....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014A once a year Holiday Dinner with friends was going great until.... 8:20p we were asked by the manager to leave; they needed our table for a large party. We were not offered the option of moving to one of the many open tables around us. We were offered expedited service on paying our bill. Party of 4 with a 6:00p reservation. Cocktails, apps, wine, 4 entree's, 2 sides, 2 desserts and coffee. As soon as our first cup of coffee was empty, the manager was table-side offering to take our payment for the bill. Paul, our server was great. Nice diverse menu with quality components and preparation. The ambient noise was a bit high. At one point the music gave it more of a night club feel than a restaurant. For as long as we were allowed to have a good time, we did. It would have been nice to have another cup of coffee and more conversation. We won't go back.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinnerleeta15Dined on 11/20/2014Dinner was great! Reserved a booth table at front window to watch the 6th street world go by on my birthday! Even had rain! Food was delicious and drinks were special. Really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time mid weekZeke1963Dined on 11/18/2014Went on a Tuesday and had no problem getting a table. Ordered a bunch of small plates and all were very good and most excellent. Service was attentive but not obtrusive and very friendly with good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in unexpected location!shelman88VIPDined on 11/16/2014Could not believe how awesome this place was, slightly upscale but incredibly delicious. The surprise is because of the location - the restaurant is generally surrounded by the "party" bars. Don't let that deter you, this place has incredible plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatwrdanielDined on 11/13/2014Parkside is consistently excellent - atmosphere, service, and food. Always a hit with visitors from out of town as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freezing in AustinEventsonthegoVIPDined on 11/12/2014Despite the fact temps hit an all time low in Austin for the two days we were there, we were warm and welcomed at Parkside. A brisk walk from the Sheraton got us there on time and the food was wonderful. Oyster platter at 1/2 price was a wonderful surprise and my steak tartare rivaled any I have had before. I'd go back in a minuteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could do betterMattDined on 11/10/2014Parkside is considered by many a fantastic restaurant so we decided to give it a try and see for ourselves. We choose to go during their happy hour and did several appetizers including their calamari, ceviche, crab fritters and fried green tomatoes. We also ordered their roasted/pickled beet salad and their donuts for dessert. The calamari was over battered and over cooked leaving it slightly chewy. The ceviche was well done, but nothing too notable. The crab fritters were good, but a little greasy. The green tomatoes were well done, but I personally wasn't a fan of the bbq topping. The beet salad was excellent if you like tart. And finally the dessert was well done, but again, nothing to get excited about. The drinks were great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014Have eaten here numerous times, and this was the first time we were disappointed. Drinks were good, but the portions were smaller than we remember, and nothing was quite as good as usual.
- luvtoeatDined on 11/4/2014Food was very good. Had to bring a 3 year old at last minute and worked out great. They picked a seat that worked for us with child. I would recommend this restaurant, but best for adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too shabby on 6th StreetOldiesInYYCDined on 10/31/2014Austin's downtown dining scene is more than food trucks and tex-mex. Parkside is a good representative of Nouveau Austin. Friendly service, good wine and great selections. A bit pricey but, hey, they charge what the market will take.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Great service even on 6th street. Really enjoyed the raw foods menu. Nicely prepared and presented. Wait staff makes suggestions, and is very patient with those who have never dined at Parkside before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful surprise!LWC52Dined on 10/24/2014I always hesitate to try something new but this time I was thrilled with the food. It was really dark & difficult to really see what you were eating, but the food & service were quite good. Our group thoroughly enjoyed our first experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsyumboxesDined on 10/23/2014Always a great spot downtown if you want great food later in the evening. Very tasty options for vegetarians and vegans. We were happy on this particular visit because they did not over-salt their food, which seems increasingly common throughout Austin restaurants. The fall salad is a must have!Special Features:
- GREAT FOODPhillyguyDined on 10/21/2014Frankly, I picked this restaurant to take clients to based on location for a conference near the convention center. The clients thought the food was great, the service was attentive without being overbearing. The location on 6th street was ideal for after dinner wandering and listening to live music.Special Features:
- Good but could have been betterlove2dineoutDined on 10/20/2014We (4) ordered fried green tomatoes, blonde pate / strawberries, three curry cauliflower soup and a grilled ny strip, served with potato gratin, bok choy, carmelized onions, horseradish. The starters were great, but down hill from there. All three soups and steak were served at room temperature. None of the food was hot. The steak was cooked to perfection (Med); however, very disappointing to eat a less than warm steak. The potato gratin was also not hot. Not sure about how the food moves from the chef to the table, but something went wrong. We did share this with our server. Manager stopped by and comped the three soups but not the steak and ordered us a free dessert with champagne. This was my 2nd time here but two very diff. experiences.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourChristenDined on 10/20/2014We went for an early dinner and hit Happy Hour. Fabulous cocktails, great half price apps and the menu is really something special. We had a great table with a view of 6th. Our service was impeccable, food was great and the overall experience was perfect for what we were looking for while vacationing in Austin. Highly recommend, especially if you enjoy oysters and cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionKThurmDined on 10/18/2014We had fantastic food at Parkside for a Bachelorette celebration. Our group was unfortunately disappointed by the service during our meal and felt like it was better to rush out of our table rather than enjoying cocktails or dessert.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedTable4fourDined on 10/18/2014Tourist visiting for the day, looking at #1 trip advisor attraction state capital. looked at list of top 5 restaurants in Austin luckily got in at 5:30 which happens to be 1/2 off happy hour with a variety apps & drinks, we ordered one item after another and was blown away! We kept our server very busy to say the least! My husband who is a serious foodie was blown away by the bone marrow salad, sweetbread croquettes, beef tartare, fried green tomatoes, fried okra, ceviche, oyster platter and don't forget the deserts they were mind blowing. My fav drink was the garden, refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014We were at a booth table WAY in the back. There were six of us. The table itself was vast. We had to yell at each other to speak and hear. Eventually one gives up talking. The oysters were terrific. Stunning. The crudo was ok. The duck was terrible. What was that? A shredded duck disquised as a hamburger/sausage? No seasoning and tough. The rest of the food was mediocre and very expensive. The place was loaded with milenials and they were waiting on line to get in. What can I say? Olive and June was better.Special Features:
- Delicious Birthday treat!ATXWestsiderDined on 10/15/2014I have found my new favorite dining spot in downtown Austin! Although a little too loud, the food was fantastic, and the waitstaff was wonderful! My new favorite cocktail is the Parkside 78 - great little, unique, martini. Definitely try the bass raw bar selection - unique and delicious - a stellar starter! (Since the bass was so good, we tried the bream, too. Not as good...just FYI) Asked the waiter to find a sparkling wine to accompany the raw selection, and he did not disappoint. Husband ordered the cashew soup, and we were both SO glad that he had!! O...M...G! Hands down the best chilled soup I have ever eaten! Dinner was Salmon for me, Tuna for him - YUM! What a delightful dinner to celebrate my 50+ birthday!Special Features:
- Super ServiceNelliepDined on 10/10/2014We arrived expecting to order from the regular menu, but were so enamored with the bar menu we ordered okra, oysters, and calamari. The hubs enjoyed his standard Manhattan and then based off our server's recommendation went with a rye whiskey he raved about. We ended with the doughnuts for dessert which were a perfect bit of sweetness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIFE SAVERAnnieDVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Parkside team were amazing and flexible...gracious in accommodating a large group that just kept growing.. The waitstaff was patient and v helpful...the hostess..worked with us to accommodate a group of 10 that grew to 15....Can not say enough good things..Special Features:
- HushpuppyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went with a dear friend to an early dinner while visiting. Did some brief research online and settled on Parkside. Ordered a bourbon cocktail, fried green tomatoes, duck and pear dessert. Pluses: Happy hour for libations and food...yes ma'am. Excellent service. Food was delish. The dessert. Located next to everything in downtown. Minuses: Questionable value outside of happy hour. Tiny table. A touch pretentious. Space: Rustic but comfortable. High ceilings. Lots of wood and loftish decor. Service: Hostesses were friendly. Server was not the most personable person in the world but efficient and was there when needed. Food & Drink: Food was excellent. Value: Eh. Would I go back? Absolutely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Wednesday 1/2 price oysters and champagne never loses its appeal! Great deal and great food -- perfect reason to celebrate the middle of the week. Don't limit yourself though -- anytime is a good time for Austin's best ceviche, crudos, and other goodies.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 9/30/2014Great food, great service, great drinks. Parkside never fails to deliver. I go repeatedly, and it's always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....RichardBDined on 9/30/2014The lamb was excellent, the duck was tasty, but the good taste was overpowered with salt (two mouths agreed). Table for two was best for 4. We were talking across a chasm and, with the high level of noise, I had to be sure to sit up on chair and over the table. I selected the only upper level noise rating, "energetic," which seems like an dismisses choice, when the levels were distracting/annoying. Our waiter was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of this worldMTLfoodloverDined on 9/28/2014Incredible bread, light as a cloud, served with pepper butter - really original and soooo good! It was a good start to an amazing dinner! Crab fritters are light and tasteful and the parkside fries were superb! The salmon entree and the tuna entree were both equally outstanding. It would have been a perfect night if it wasn't for the way too cold AC and a bit too salty everything.Special Features:
- first time in austinmxvwxmDined on 9/27/2014recommended to me by a friend. fantastic spot for dinner. menu had a lot of depth and appeals to a wide range of tastes. surprised that it is located on 6th--but an absolutely fantastic spot nonetheless.Special Features:
- E920Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great but it is really noisy. Large party next to us had an extra loud guy but overall the place is very echo-y. We couldn't really carry on a conversation at our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerNightout23Dined on 9/26/2014Food was amazing, loved the calamari! Perfect spot for a girls night out! However we had reservations for 9pm and we're not seated for 35mins due to the table not being ready...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodcarmenreyVIPDined on 9/26/2014I'm not sure this place lives up to the hype. It's definitely a trendy spot right on 6th street and very appealing; however, I didn't find any of the food to be great. We ordered a bunch of difference apps and side plates and tried quite a bit, but everything was just ok. Was honestly hoping for a little more. Service was fantastic - sat at the bar. Probably not worth a long wait - have a drink here and eat somewhere else.Special Features:
- DissappointingdangithienVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had to send some dishes back to the kitchen because they were so poorly made. Although the rest of the meal wasn't much better. The manager was very apologetic and offered free dessert and champagne.Special Features:
- Amazing!MollyaubDined on 9/20/2014Girls night out for a group of 3. Went at 9:15, restaurant was still packed and loud (in a good way)! It was a great mix of upscale/fine dining, but still feeling like you're in the heart of 6th street. Food was amazing. Waitress was great with suggestions for oysters as well as our main meals. Unfortunately they were already out of the duck by the time we ordered, but the scallops were delicious, and I look forward to trying the duck in the future!Special Features:
- Much better than last timeSamHamDined on 9/18/2014I came here about 6 months ago and wasn't that impressed but I went last night and it was much better. Glad I came backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating my sisters birthday and since she wasn't 21 our server had the bar make her a yummy mocktail and brought out a free dessert. Made her feel so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Too over priced for the type and quality of food served. Will not return.
- Return trip as good as the first!BeantownBoyDined on 9/6/2014My wife & I had such fond memories of the appetizers we enjoyed on our first trip to parkside we had to be unadventurous and order them again - sharing the crab fritters, the ceviche, and Caesar salad. All just as tasty as the first time. New this time around were the NY Strip Steak and the lamb entrees. Very rich sirloin flavor, drizzled with an absolutely mouthwatering pan reduction that didn't overwhelm the steak. NY Strip will never cut like Prime Rib, but what you get in exchange is a smack upside the head with FLAVOR. I had a bite of my wife's lamb (a meat I genuinely love) and pronounced it delicious, but I was too busy savoring my steak to say much about the lamb. For dessert we shared the Blackberries & Brie. Great finish!Special Features:
- Had a lousy serverDFBakerDined on 9/1/2014We ordered a specific bottle of white wine (~$45). What was brought was a carafe of a white wine that was poured before I could say something. I got a little suspicious as the contents tasted a little more chardonnayish than what I expected, but maybe its just my paranoia given the situation. There was one other server who addressed our concern that this wasn't normal bottle service and even finished clearing our table minutes after our assigned server left it conspicuously dirty after a first clearing. Made for an uncomfortable evening. I tipped 15% instead of 20%+. I left the hostesses a comment with contact info but MGMT never contacted me. Despite a good "other"server and great food, I don't think I'll return.
- Great ServicefoodieDined on 8/30/2014The food was amazing, along with great service! Our server, Trip, was on top of everything, made our night enjoyable.Special Features:
- Downtown treasureNattieBDined on 8/30/2014Ideal place for a variety of occasions. Decor is casual enough for a busy couple's overdue date night get away but chic and classy enough for a bridal party or business dinner. Fabulous menu with just enough creative variety, from simple to exotic, to satisfy any discretionary foodie. I chose the Salmon and my date ordered the bison; both were prepared to perfection!! The view of sixth street sets a nice tone reminiscent of a scene from a Hepburn or Bogart movie. Be sure to make a reservation, this hot spot is tough to get into without one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.