Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
76 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parksideprovidence.com/
- Phone: 4013310003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (Closed on Sundays in the Summer)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Davenport
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: The Parkside is available for off-site events. Please e-mail Adam at email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room is ideal for intimate parties under 40 guests. Please e-mail Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Vargulish 4013310003
A word from Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
The Parkside Rotisserie and Bar is a Manhattan-style bistro centrally located in the heart of Rhode Island"s capital city, Providence. One of the best restaurants in Providence since 1994. Serving lunch and dinner daily, the Parkside is surely a fantastic choice anytime. The Parkside offers a wide array of upbeat foods ranging from spicy crab cakes to grilled tenderloin and portobello salad. There are also several innovative pasta dishes as well as the Parkside's signature rotisserie meat items and daily specials. The Parkside's unique atmosphere is accented by an open kitchen where guests can enjoy watching our talented culinary staff prepare all of the enticing entrees found on the menu. Join us at the Parkside for a relaxing dining experience that is "casual elegance."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (23)romantic (22)hot spot (18)notable wine list (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Dissatisfied on this eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Based on this evening only.. A busy Waterfire night, our waiter was not personable nor consistent in his service to us. Spoke fast and did not make much eye contact not ever even giving us his name. Our meals and appetizer were over cooked .. After speaking w manager to give our feedback he was sincerely apologetic and said the policy was to remove cost of meals even though we explained to him this was not our intention. We have eaten here prior to this night and enjoyed our meals. We may try again down the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinksCMC2Dined on 8/23/2014We came here for my husband's birthday dinner out. We were looking for a spot close to Waterfire so we could see it after we ate. We were seated right away. The restaurant is cute and relaxed. Our server was very attentive and was able to promptly answer our questions about cocktails and the food. Appetizers were great - crab cakes were exceptional and loaded with crab and the dumblings were just as good. My husband ordered the pork minon which was amazing. I had a simple grilled steak that was cooked perfectly. It was noisy but we chalked it up to the large crowd and Waterfire - we could still have good conversation. Overall a great night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant was fantastic! Our reservations were for 6p and we had requested outside dining. We were seated on time and in a prime location. We were in Providence to attend the WaterFire and it was right across the street from Memorial Park. The food was terrific, three of us ordred the salmon off the Simple Grill menu and it was delicious. Service was great, we didn't feel rushed and afterwards we walked across the street to enjoy the waterfire. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinikeDined on 8/23/2014this was our 4th year coming from Florida to RI and having dinner with you then attending the Waterfires. Look forward to coming every year!! The food is always delish and the service is perfect!! Love the atmosphere also. Love Parkside!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for WaterfireDTravelerDined on 8/23/2014Good food & good location. Service started off good, but as the restaurant filled, became a bit frenetic. Two severs delivered the food to the table, but were not well coordinated with each other (leading to a falling steak knife which mercifully miss my leg).Special Features:
- Pleasant Eveningzen4foodVIPDined on 8/21/2014Our waiter,Adam , made the 4 of us feel as though we were the only ones in the restaurant. He was attentive, yet not overbearing. His suggestions were appreciated. The food as pleasing as ever. The rotisserie chicken is an all time favorite of mine...but the salmon was exceptional also. Dessert list small but special...molten chocolate and caramel custard were perfect.Special Features:
- Always Great!ZimmyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love the Parkside. Have reviewed many times. Just go...Special Features:
- Waterfire dinnerDee1Dined on 8/9/2014Went here for dinner during waterfire with our inlaws who we're visiting from out of town. We've been quite a few times before and don't ever remember it being so noisy but attributed that to it being busy because of waterfire. Food was excellent as always but it took far too long for the food to come out. I like that this isn't a restaurant that rushes you but we've never waited this long for food here before, again they were busy because of waterfire so we understood. Our server was sweet and apologetic. Overall a good experience, not great as other times, but we will be back because waterfire night aside this is an exceptional place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointmentjacluvs2dinDined on 8/9/2014I had high expectations for my first visit to Parkside; both from friends and the menu on-line. The drinks were great, the appetizers large and flavorful (streak tartar and Thai dumplings), the soup special (lobster bisque) started the huge let down of the rest of the meal. There was no lobster, the color was unattractive, and far to much sherry. For entries we went with specials - pan seared halibut and lobster tortellini. The halibut was significantly over cooked, very very bland, and even more dry (even with extra sauce)- too bad it was beautiful piece of fish. The tortellini more a ravioli were just plain bad; course in presentation, lacking flavor and surrounded with fishy tasting mussels. The Creeps tasted like a butter dish.Special Features:
- Perfect Choice for WaterFire NightMorselOfLoveDined on 8/9/2014Most of the choices of meals at our table for six were quite delicious, but the lemon garlic chicken was unexceptional. Good fries, er, "pommes frites." I should have had the tenderloin salad, which I've had for lunch before and really liked. The menu is to my taste, cosmopolitan, but not effete. Now, I find it restrictive that on the review form my only choices for "noise level" are "quiet," "moderate" and "energetic." Hey, how about "too noisy"? Very loud in there, hard to hear or converse pleasantly and easily until later when the crowd thinned out. However, the location by the river is perfect if you are thinking of attending WaterFire afterward.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with friendsesltchr65Dined on 8/9/2014This was the perfect place for a group of us to eat just before heading across the street to see Waterfire. The food is very good, leaning toward French, with some creative offerings, including some imaginative and delicious cocktails. The service was also very good, with enough wait staff so we didn't have to wait to ask for anything on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great Dining Before WaterfiremadismomDined on 8/9/2014We're not familiar with restaurants in Providence and found Parkside on Open Table. It turned out to be in a convenient location for walking to Waterfire, the food was excellent and we enjoyed being able to sit outside, The restaurant was packed when we arrived but we were greeted and seated immediately. Our waiter was a bit distracted but placed our order promptly and the timing of the food delivery was well paced. We had a light meal-- dumplings, crab cakes, a Caesar salad and a Cobb salad. Everything was fresh and tasty. We'll return to Parkside when we next visit Providence.(Please note, the noice level was moderate because we were sitting outside.)Special Features:
- Very good food and wine.Girlrunner46Dined on 8/1/2014Girls night out. The food and wine was very good would definitely dine there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurant!jbink1224Dined on 7/28/2014Everything about Parkside was fantastic! The food was amazing, and came out quickly, and the service was outstanding. Most importantly, the ambience was so perfect! I recommend this restaurant highly. The Apple Crisp dessert was amazing as well!!!Special Features:
- Great VibesatisfiedVIPDined on 7/26/2014Super friendly bar and waitstaff. Host and hostess spot opn with seating people during the rush. Great specials Always a blast before and after WaterfireSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerHeidi0630Dined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner here. The food was fabulous and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent menu. Nice vibe and room felt like you were in a European Bistro. Arrived early, seated in the back of the restaurant, even though the front of the house had plenty of tables and a much nicer feel. Too close to the kitchen and it was a bit noisy. Service was ok, not great, but food made up for that. A nice place to dine after a long day of sight seeing.Special Features:
- First time, not the last.JayFDined on 7/14/2014I went to Parkside for dinner during Restaurant Weeks. It was nice to see a menu of items that make Restaurant Week worth it. The food was delicious. I am going to try and figure out the honey demi on the filet. Sweet Jesus was that amazing. The arancini was better than any I've had. The cheesecake was not too sweet, perfectly smooth, and the fresh strawberries really added a nice, refreshing touch to it. They rally helped cut through the richness. Great food, great service, and I highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinner!!MammacoopDined on 7/12/2014We chose to eat outside. Was a bit noisy inside. Service was excellent. We didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Definitely one of the best spots in Providence. Recommended by a friend and the restaurant did not disappoint. All was delicious. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCarolDined on 7/9/2014We had lunch during Providence Restaurant Week. The food was delicious, especially the seviche w avocado appetizer. I don't know if it's on the every day menu or just for the special prix fix. If not, it should be! We'll be back for sureSpecial Features:
- Can not cook steaksJkimDined on 7/5/2014I got a steak for my meal and when it came it was under cooked for what I asked for. I asked for medium well and it came as medium to medium rare. The took it back and recoiled the same steak and brought it back. This time it was burnt on the outside. I was very disappointed. I would only recommend getting the chicken only.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014We had a great experience. All staff were so pleasant from host to bartenders to wait staff. Food served hot and in a timely manner! Will definitely revisit this establishment. We are still discussing our great experience three days later!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greattonyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food is always consistent and good.. staff tends to rush you a little so don't order everything at once.. order your aps. Eat then order your main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super funProvDiningDined on 6/28/2014Although I used OpenTable to first reserve the table, my group number changed twice and I was more comfortable calling to confirm the changes since it was a Waterfire event night, and we needed to find out about parking. The dining experience was super, we werer accommodated with the booth I requested as seen online, the food was eclectic and superb, service outstanding, and it was the perfect location from which to tour the river and enjoy the event. We could not have been more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotBobbieDined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious and our server fantastic (until it was time to pay, when all servers seem to disappear). It was incredibly busy at 6 on a Saturday evening, so she was running around at top speed. The menu was diverse and included interesting choices for vegetarians, as well as giant portions of beautiful grilled meat for carnivores. Portions generally were huge - my roast duck salad was entree sized, not first course sized. No room for dessert, even if I'd had enough time. My only quibble was the noise level, which was more-than-energetic and made conversation during a 4-person reunion challenging.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The Thai Dumplings were delicious. The Salad perfect. However the waited didn't know the wine list and drink delivery was slow. My Bacon Wrapped Filet was flavorless(I don't know how that could be?) and my husband's duck came with one piece raw(ugh) in the middle. I wouldn't come here again.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husbands food was served lukewarm. Mine was pretty close to that as well. My son had pizza, which he enjoyed.
- Parkside FoodsteveDined on 6/24/2014$1 oysters on Tuesday were great as was the duck. The Waitress helped make the visit memorable. She was great.Special Features:
- Casual dining.SGM1Dined on 6/19/2014Good food at reasonable prices and good service too, BUT very noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazinglftankDined on 6/17/2014On our recent visit, there were five of us having lunch. Each of us raved about the food. The filets were cooked to perfection, everything was fresh and tasty. Perfect place for lunch if you have only an hour and you never feel rushed.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Awesome food and great service! Far exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Have been a few times to Parkside. The food is always good but the restaurant is small and seating is tight. This time we went just before Waterfire. Pro - valet parking so you can leave your car and wander the river after dinner; Con - so noisy due to being packed that we could hardly hear ourselves. Don't take an older person with limited hearing on a very busy night, as we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!ZimmyVIPDined on 6/14/2014If you go, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Have the octopus appetizer. All the simple grills are great too!Special Features:
- Always FabulousRIfoodieDined on 6/7/2014I've been going to Parkside for many years, and even after the fire the restaurant continues to be superb. Parkside was a find back then and continues to be now. The food is consistently amazing, and the service is always great. I wish i could remember our server's name she was Fantastic. I was especially happy on this visit because I got the pleasure of introducing my boyfriend to the place, and he doesn't particularly enjoy the same type of restaurants I do. He's hard to please and he even fell in love with the place. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentDrGiBaboDined on 6/3/2014service is attentive but unobtrusive, waiter was very friendly, food is high quality and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkside GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014This restaurant on South Main Street has a nice selection of drinks to choose from, though I did not see their wine list. The bartender was accommodating in my request for a half pint of Shandy, which was delicious. My friend and I both ordered salads--the tuna nicoise and the beef tenderloin. Both were excellent and had good portions for the price. My steak was cooked perfectly. I nice bed of fresh greens and excellent service. I would go there again to try other items on the menu. Nice outdoor seating for summer facing the street looking out onto the memorial park. Parking is relatively easy on a Saturday though if Water Fire were happening, I would park on Benefit Street and walk down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJohnDined on 5/30/2014This was our first time at Parkside. The food was outstanding and I like to cook and am picky. It had a good mix on the menu with some specialties. Happening atmosphere and would be a great place to hang at the bar. Service from Kelly was terrific and the price moderate. We ill be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!ZimmyVIPDined on 5/24/2014We frequent Parkside regularly. This weekend they accommodated our group of 30 people, in town for reunions and graduations, in about as seamless and expert a fashion as you can imagine. The food had everyone raving...meals were delivered promptly and at the same time...the drinks were great! The wait staff, led by Ryan, was terrific...and Adam was his usual cool efficient self! I often rave about Parkside in my reviews as the best overall restaurant in Providence. Oh, there are restaurants that do some things better (some of the food as art places) but no place is better and more consistent for an overall enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:
- delicious, abundant!sfshelleyDined on 5/21/2014Enjoyed a business dinner with colleagues the other night. Appetizers were good, however, the grilled items were truly outstanding. rarely eat beef but ordered the strip steak special because it sounded divine. And it was. It was also HUGE. If you have a normal/modest appetite, skip the starters and save your appetite for the main course. I'll be back on a future visit to Providence.Special Features: