Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
76 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parksideprovidence.com/
- Phone: (401) 331-0003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (Closed on Sundays in the Summer)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Davenport
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: The Parkside is available for off-site events. Please e-mail Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room is ideal for intimate parties under 40 guests. Please e-mail Adam at email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Vargulish 4013310003
A word from Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
The Parkside Rotisserie and Bar is a Manhattan-style bistro centrally located in the heart of Rhode Island"s capital city, Providence. One of the best restaurants in Providence since 1994. Serving lunch and dinner daily, the Parkside is surely a fantastic choice anytime. The Parkside offers a wide array of upbeat foods ranging from spicy crab cakes to grilled tenderloin and portobello salad. There are also several innovative pasta dishes as well as the Parkside's signature rotisserie meat items and daily specials. The Parkside's unique atmosphere is accented by an open kitchen where guests can enjoy watching our talented culinary staff prepare all of the enticing entrees found on the menu. Join us at the Parkside for a relaxing dining experience that is "casual elegance."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (28)special occasion (26)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (22)notable wine list (22)romantic (18)great for lunch (12)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I went to Parkside with another couple. We were seated promptly, and out waiter Danise, not sure of the spelling, was fantastic! Their menu is very different without being intimidating. The only drawback is when you site at the tables by the bar, it's a little cramped, especially if you have a Coat and or purse. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirgsVIPDined on 11/22/2014Our first visit for dinner did not disappoint. Pork mignon cooked perfectly as ordered (med) and nice melding of flavors with the apple butter topping and accompaniments of maple glazed sweet potatoes and Brussel sprouts. Coq au vin also nicely presented and very tasty. Already know what I'm ordering on our next visit - the baked pasta dish. Come hungry as portions are abundant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always gooddavidj205VIPDined on 11/21/2014Been here several times, never a bad meal, service always goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchfulpl8Dined on 11/20/2014I had two associates in from out of town. The location near the park, the river, Brown and RISD provides a welcomed view of old Providence. The interior is comfortable and warm. The lunch menu is diverse with options for all. I had the rotisserie 1/2 chicken and it was excellent. The staff was welcoming and very efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leftovers ???SuePDined on 11/15/2014My low star rating for the service is not because of the service our waitress gave us- she was very good-BUT- she forgot to wrap my dinner to go and threw it out with a simple, "sorry"...I had the pork tenderloin special of the night and purposely had only finished half expecting to save for later, very disappointing! But to still be positive, we always enjoy the Parkside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/14/2014Parkside has been one of my local favorites over the years, and food has always been good. This was first time I'd been back since menu was modified (some time ago), and the food was truly outstanding. Everything from the shrimp cocktail to rotisserie special to a pasta dish were top both. Portions are generous. Bar is terrific. All around, this is on my top 3 in PVD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why didn't I didn't try it sooner?BruinsRuleVIPDined on 11/8/2014Dined all over the City & have passed Parkside many times. Gave it a try on a WaterFire night & LOVED IT! Great location across from Memorial Park events. Arrived early for drinks @ bar. Great cocktail selection & a few craft beers on tap. Seated on time & waitstaff knew the menu well. Shared 4 apps (Colossal Thai Dumplings, Grilled Baby Octopus, Risotto of the Day, and Charcuterie and Cheese). All prepared and presented excellently. Octopus could have been a bit more tender, but the rest were delicious. 3 had Blackened Sirloin with Bourbon Molasses Sauce and Charred Corn Salsa. Meat was cooked perfectly w/ nice presentation. Striped Bass over White Beans was delicious. Banana tart was fabulous! Flourless chocolate cake was very rich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisybillDined on 11/1/2014Even in the far rear, away from the bar, conversation was difficult. Food was good. Service was fair. Value was good. Best for a loud night out. Not good for an intimate meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly ParksideDiningWithDon1VIPDined on 11/1/2014Every dish in the large menu that we had was made to perfection. Chef's decisions of accompaniment to the protein were smart and flavorful. Portions were bigger-than-average. Prices were moderate. Room was a tad noisy, but some like that. Service was first rate. Lots of choices; big menu! Varied wine list, many price levels. Our first visit to this downtown Providence joint; a pleasant surprise. Highlights: Steak Tartar app was seasoned especially well & served creatively with hand-cut waffle fries. The Peking Duck was a stretch from the real thing but tasty! Maybe a little too much work as it is DIY. All in all: Worthy to return.Special Features:
- Dinner at Parkside RotsseireDinningoutRI29Dined on 11/1/2014Love sitting at the window seats, romantic and very comfortable. Reasonably priced meals and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Start to a Nice NightJohndVIPDined on 10/31/2014Went with a couple of family members to the PR & B for dinner before attending a sporting event in Providence. I totally enjoyed it. The food, drinks, service and ambience were all very positive which made for a very enjoyable meal. While there wasn't a big selection of raw seafood the quality of the oysters were very good. We found the mixed drink menu to be fun and the selection of beers to be worthy of a good city restaurant. Our main courses were all delicious. I had a risotto and chicken special that was wonderful, prepared perfectly. Other members of our party had rotisserie chicken and burgers and thought they were very satisfying. The prices were very reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was delicioussmmgourDined on 10/26/2014My daughter and I had a very tasty dinner there, both having short ribs, which were braised perfectly. Had a reasonablely priced bottle of wine which complemented the meal nicely. Banana tart and creme brulee for dessert were divine. If I lived in the area I would go back and try different entrees. It was a nice dining experience in a cozy, warm atmosphere. Only problem was not having dessert menu after asking and having bill put on table when dessert was delivered. We had a bill that was a good amount and felt rushed at the end. By the way restaurant was not packed that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at Parksider Rotisserie. We called to change our reservation time and were gladly accommodated. Then when we arrived 20 minutes early, we were seated immediately. The waiter was knowledgable and friendly. He was attentive without being intrusive. We're from California and were only in the area for a few days, so picked this restaurant based solely on customer reviews. The food was fantastic. Glad we found this place. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Took my son and several college friends for dinner. Food was terrific and creative. The rotisserie dishes in particular were very good. The atmosphere was vibrant, but not too loud that we could converse. Very convenient for RISD and Brown parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and locationBrownMomDined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with our son during Family Weekend at Brown. Perfect location for a walk down the hill and then stroll by the river. My son enjoyed their gnocchi special and I thought the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with butternut squash and brussel sprouts was outstanding. Great service by everyone at the restaurant. Reasonable prices for great tasting food with IMO large entree portions.Special Features:
- Second Time AroundBelizVIPDined on 10/23/2014My first visit was not very good. This time, for lunch, I found the entire experience much improved.
- Great FindparksideDined on 10/21/2014Great atmosphere, quick & friendly service at the bar.Amazing appetizers fresh oysters, spicy crab cakes & calamari. Equally amazing nightly specials of sword fish,pork roast, & pasta. Service was timely & friendly. Every dish went back to the kitchen empty! Topped off double espressos & crepes. We will most certainly return soon to try more of there dishes. We give it a outstanding recommendation.Special Features:
- birthday girlBlingbaby52VIPDined on 10/18/2014For of us went to celebrate my birthday. The steak tartrate was outstanding as was the lamb shank. The swordfish special was so salty we had to send it back. Our server was wonderful and took it back and offered something else. My friend asked for a roasted chicken and it was brought out in a few minutes. The dessert I ordered came out with happy birthday written in chocolate over a pool of mango sauce. Pretty and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!ZimmyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Martinis were great and fully poured. We had octopus appetizers, salmon simple grill and steak simple grill. Food was plentiful and superbly prepared. You won't leave hungry. We come here often and recommend to everyone...Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerLgherecDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner here Sat with my husband and daughter who had just moved back to the area after 10 years in Boston We knew it would be a lovely dinner and she was impressed. Great food, excellent service, tasteful decor. We had Peking Duck and Coq au vin very tasty. Great specialty cocktails.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOnmywaytobeingafoodsnobDined on 10/17/2014I made this reservation last minute with my daughter and was amazed at the quickness we got our table. Our waiter was absent for a good majority of the night and I didn't mind this because I really hate waiters that "hover". He was there when we needed him. The only downside of the entire evening was the man next to us was talking loud enough one would think he was running for office. But other than that, excellent food, wine, service and my daughter absolutely loved the menu and she's a real fussy eater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised…GlobalFoodieDined on 10/15/2014I wasn't exactly sure what kind of restaurant it would be from the name. I brought a group of 20 people from my company for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised with the food. The menu was extensive and the food was great, as was the wine. Service was good too. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KGDinerDined on 10/15/2014Our service was outstanding - I was late joining my group and actually ordered my drink with the waiter over the phone. As I walked up to my table I was handed an icy martini! We dined before a show at PPAC and had their Pre fixe menu - the chicken was delicious. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkside RotisserieParkside4LifeDined on 10/12/2014The food was GREAT, I would highly recommend anyone to try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short visit to Providence.PokeyDined on 10/12/2014Food delicious, ambience perfect for us. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watefire GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Five of us dined here prior to strolling over to Providence Waterfire on October 11. We were seated promptly and our server was knowledgeable and very friendly. The drinks and food were delicious, and the proximity to the the festivities made it an excellent choice for us.Special Features:
- Superb Service Extra MileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I took our cousins for their birthdays and the four of us enjoyed it tremendously. Not having been here in sevrral years I requested their old mushroom burschetta appetizer that I always loved and they whipped it right up. Thanks for going the extra mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014I get the filet and it was full of flavor and the sides were yummy. I went with 4 other people who were also very satisfied with their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- huge menu for fine diningbarbfamDined on 10/3/2014I have found that in general, many top restaurants get away with a very small menu, which can be hard when going out with a group or even just one finicky eater. Well, PR & B has a delightfully large menu and there is plenty for everyone. Even pure vegetarians will not feel left out, as just the app and side menu is big enough to satisfy. Being a carnivore, I was extremely pleased and sampled chicken, steak and fish at my table. The steak tartare was delicious. The cod with shrimp grits was one of best dinners I have ever eaten. Giant thai dumplings were great. We did not try dessert as we were quite full after the apps and mains. Prices were reasonable. There was valet parking, but street pkg is possible in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerFoodSnotDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I ate here on a Tuesday night for my birthday. The place is vibrant and clean. The server was very knowledgable. We started with the dumplings, which were phenomenal. We both ordered a chicken dish from the rotisserie, it was good but took a very long time. The desserts, however, arrived quickly and were amazing! My husband had the creme brulee and I had the chocolate lava cake. This was one of the best desserts I have ever had. We will definately be returning to the Parkside.Special Features:
- SerendipitysamziamVIPDined on 9/28/2014On a day trip from Boston, discovered Parkside on O/T and it was a delightful find. Food was well-prepared, inventive and first-rate. Service was a tad rough, but server was attentive and his recommendations spot-on. Unlike an increasing number of restaurants, the noise level was moderate and permitted easy conversation. Will look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfire NightPVDisgr8Dined on 9/27/2014The additional tables outside expanded the normally loud restaurant to the street. Very convenient for a great meal and then a stroll along Waterfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had 10 people in our party. We sat in the back room, which was full of other diners although we were away from the bar area. The service was excellent. We were moving slowly and the waitress was very attentive bringing us drinks and apps without pushing us. We received a few good recommendations for wine and food orders. 1 guage of a restaurant is the bread and it was excellent. The food was excellent - all hot, several different dishes, apps and main course, and all excellent. I ate the peking duck and it is served the way they prepare it in Bejing with the moo shu pancakes, hoisin sauce and vegetables. The halibut was a nice thick piece cooked to retain the moisture. Several people brought leftovers home. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LcPanaggVIPDined on 9/9/2014Went on a whim. Great service! Great food! Prices were exceptionally reasonable. I am definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal...ZimmyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had the octopus appetizer...best appetizer on Providence restaurant scene. Also had the steak simple grill. Terrific meal and a very fair value. Highly recommend you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissatisfied on this eveningDailybread1Dined on 8/23/2014Based on this evening only.. A busy Waterfire night, our waiter was not personable nor consistent in his service to us. Spoke fast and did not make much eye contact not ever even giving us his name. Our meals and appetizer were over cooked .. After speaking w manager to give our feedback he was sincerely apologetic and said the policy was to remove cost of meals even though we explained to him this was not our intention. We have eaten here prior to this night and enjoyed our meals. We may try again down the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinksCMC2Dined on 8/23/2014We came here for my husband's birthday dinner out. We were looking for a spot close to Waterfire so we could see it after we ate. We were seated right away. The restaurant is cute and relaxed. Our server was very attentive and was able to promptly answer our questions about cocktails and the food. Appetizers were great - crab cakes were exceptional and loaded with crab and the dumblings were just as good. My husband ordered the pork minon which was amazing. I had a simple grilled steak that was cooked perfectly. It was noisy but we chalked it up to the large crowd and Waterfire - we could still have good conversation. Overall a great night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant was fantastic! Our reservations were for 6p and we had requested outside dining. We were seated on time and in a prime location. We were in Providence to attend the WaterFire and it was right across the street from Memorial Park. The food was terrific, three of us ordred the salmon off the Simple Grill menu and it was delicious. Service was great, we didn't feel rushed and afterwards we walked across the street to enjoy the waterfire. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinikeDined on 8/23/2014this was our 4th year coming from Florida to RI and having dinner with you then attending the Waterfires. Look forward to coming every year!! The food is always delish and the service is perfect!! Love the atmosphere also. Love Parkside!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for WaterfireDTravelerDined on 8/23/2014Good food & good location. Service started off good, but as the restaurant filled, became a bit frenetic. Two severs delivered the food to the table, but were not well coordinated with each other (leading to a falling steak knife which mercifully miss my leg).Special Features: