Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
76 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parksideprovidence.com/
- Phone: 4013310003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (Closed on Sundays in the Summer)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Davenport
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: The Parkside is available for off-site events. Please e-mail Adam at email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room is ideal for intimate parties under 40 guests. Please e-mail Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Vargulish 4013310003
A word from Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
The Parkside Rotisserie and Bar is a Manhattan-style bistro centrally located in the heart of Rhode Island"s capital city, Providence. One of the best restaurants in Providence since 1994. Serving lunch and dinner daily, the Parkside is surely a fantastic choice anytime. The Parkside offers a wide array of upbeat foods ranging from spicy crab cakes to grilled tenderloin and portobello salad. There are also several innovative pasta dishes as well as the Parkside's signature rotisserie meat items and daily specials. The Parkside's unique atmosphere is accented by an open kitchen where guests can enjoy watching our talented culinary staff prepare all of the enticing entrees found on the menu. Join us at the Parkside for a relaxing dining experience that is "casual elegance."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (24)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (21)hot spot (16)good for groups (14)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- ExcellentJohnDined on 5/30/2014This was our first time at Parkside. The food was outstanding and I like to cook and am picky. It had a good mix on the menu with some specialties. Happening atmosphere and would be a great place to hang at the bar. Service from Kelly was terrific and the price moderate. We ill be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!ZimmyVIPDined on 5/24/2014We frequent Parkside regularly. This weekend they accommodated our group of 30 people, in town for reunions and graduations, in about as seamless and expert a fashion as you can imagine. The food had everyone raving...meals were delivered promptly and at the same time...the drinks were great! The wait staff, led by Ryan, was terrific...and Adam was his usual cool efficient self! I often rave about Parkside in my reviews as the best overall restaurant in Providence. Oh, there are restaurants that do some things better (some of the food as art places) but no place is better and more consistent for an overall enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:
- The following 339 reviews are from the Parkside Rotisserie & Bar reviews archive.
- delicious, abundant!sfshelleyDined on 5/21/2014Enjoyed a business dinner with colleagues the other night. Appetizers were good, however, the grilled items were truly outstanding. rarely eat beef but ordered the strip steak special because it sounded divine. And it was. It was also HUGE. If you have a normal/modest appetite, skip the starters and save your appetite for the main course. I'll be back on a future visit to Providence.Special Features:
- stunningly bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014Hostile, abusive, terrible service.. for reasons inexplicable, on a not-busy evening. SImple salads were ordered an took inordinately long tme to arrive; presentationsloppy, quality poor. A poor showing from a place that had previously been quite nice in all respects. Wait-staff needs overhaul. Valet service great.
- Always4NantucketDined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day and it was very good, as usual. Nice selections of foods and all very good and the Bloody Mary was very well done. Two of us had cashew chicken, one had the swordfish special and the other a pasta and sausage dish. Everyone really liked their food choice.Special Features:
- Great meal, fun placeBernieDined on 5/10/2014We had a terrific meal at the Parkside. No complaints there! The only issue for the four of us was the noise level in the front by the bar. It probably didn't help that a Bruins playoff game was on. But luckily they were happy to move us to a table in the upper back where we could enjoy a conversation with good friends. They were great about that and everyone raved about their meals. Highly recommend unless you want a more intimate and quiet setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBeelDined on 5/3/2014The food is excellent as is the service. The host was flexible when we changed the time of our reservation at the last minute and the wait staff made every effort to accommodate off menu combinations and choices. While the restaurant is a bit pricey, it is worth every penny. We do not live in or near Providence and were bemoaning the fact that we would probably not have a chance to return.Special Features:
- Pre Theater dinnerFnkyDined on 5/3/2014Nice spot. Good ambiance. Good service. Thought the food was quite expensive for what you received. Steak Frites was a $30 pile of French fries. Cashew chicken interesting dish but very strong / salty.Special Features:
- PattyDined on 5/2/2014Excellent as always; we always pick the chef's specials and are never disappointed! The spinach, Gorgonzola tortellini with steak was awesome as well as my husband's swordfish special!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightParksideNightOutDined on 4/28/2014We had a last minute work get together with visiting co-workers from the UK. Parkside accommodated our large party of 8 with very little notice. Food was spectacular and drinks were wonderful. Magnificent bartender Shane!Special Features:
- Always great!ZimmyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food, drinks, and service always excellent. Our "go to" place in Providence. Simple Grill is an outstanding value.Special Features:
- OK FOOD, POOR SERVICE.Rob1764VIPDined on 4/23/2014Went there for lunch with a few neighbors and I had a mixed experience. The hostess was very nice, friendly and smiley. Good first impression. The waitress had a very long face during our entire lunch and that was not cool. I had the cuban sandwich, which was nicely done, toasted with nice lean pieces of pork loin. The mustard sauce was a bit overwhelming for me, but it was an OK sandwich. The fries were not good. I left half of the order on my plate...and....I don't leave fries un-eaten. No..no... unless they are not good. The chicken pot pie was good, but was a bit too wet and creamy for my taste, with no real taste of a flaky crust. Overall an OK experience.Special Features:
- WonderfuljcarchiaDined on 4/20/2014This is the first time that I went to the Parkside and I was not disappointed. The host sat us where we wanted without question which was nice. All of the food that we ordered was great and cooked to perfection. Overall a great meal in nice place with great service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2014We were a group of 9 and had a wonderful time! The menu was extensive and everyone was delighted with their choices.Special Features:
- lhriDined on 4/19/2014Great food - excellent wine list! Menu is VERY reasonably priced for the amount of food you get. Tables are pretty close together, which could be a little awkward, but the sound level at peak times makes up for it.Special Features:
- Good for GroupsNewburyportFoodieVIPDined on 4/18/2014Portions were generous (maybe too generous) and the service was great. We had 7:30 reservations and the Kitchen was backed up, so it was a long meal. Overall, not a bad experience. It's not gourmet, but it's not all bad.Special Features:
- Locals only it seemstimberVIPDined on 4/13/2014Tried this spot while on a business trip but was fairly disappointed with the service received. Made a reservation through opentable, however my points weren't honored somehow? (Open table handled the discrepancy) Based on the service I received and noting the service others received, I would say this place is best served for locals. Bartender questioned my beverage choice while making an extremely rude face and comment. Food was eh, have def had better, as well as worse. Def wouldn't go back should I find myself in the Providence area again, as I'm sure there are other restaurants happy to have out of towners dining at their establishment.Special Features:
- Great Food HUGE PortionsDobbsDinerVIPDined on 4/13/2014We walked over while staying for the night to look at colleges. We all loved our food. My pasta with duck confit was outstanding. The octopus app was tremendous. The fried calamari delicious and also huge. Reasonably priced glasses of wine. Waitress was lovely. It was just what we needed after a long drive. If my son is lucky enough to attend Brown, I will keep coming back :)Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotlftankDined on 4/10/2014We went to the Parkside for lunch with a group of five people. Everyone loved their food selection, the prices are very reasonable and the quality of food exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceEdgesmom319Dined on 4/5/2014The service was excellent, and the food was fantastic. Everyone at our table loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who's left overs are these?BriggsyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Had a nice evening in a party of 4. Service was good, but the waiter was not the most attentive. The food was also good. The salmon was delicious. I found the pork dish bland. I had the beef short ribs. They were good, but extremely fatty. I prefer it when the chef removes most of the fat so I don't have to look at it. The menu said my dish came with a mix of root vegetables, but all I got was carrots. We had a delicious red wine. Only issue was the waiter mixed up my to-go leftover box with someone else so I got a surprise the next day when I found the bland pork in my box : ( Disappointing since I had saved half of my meal to eat another day. In the trash it went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at ParksidelkoolDined on 3/22/2014I have eaten at Parkside several times and have never been disappointed with the food or service. Our friends from Cape Cod met us there for dinner and they loved it as well. I can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazingMikeinRIDined on 3/21/2014We stumbled onto the Parkside after walking around after the Providence Waterfire. That night we had one of the most amazing dinners, from the food, to the venue to the service, everything was top notch. And every time since then, maybe 10-15 times, the experience has been the same.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceluv2eatDined on 3/15/2014Always happy when eating at Parkside. Drink at bar with very friendly bartender, Mike!Special Features:
- New experience every timeLuv2eatfoodDined on 2/28/2014A great place for a romantic get away. We loved it so much we went back for more for second time and our last night before heading back home to our home state. Can't wait to visit again. Hopefully soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDevourDined on 2/22/2014Love this restaurant...food, service, location all great....just wish it wasn't so noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- riding on past gloryiceman777Dined on 2/22/2014food was OK , prices have skyrocketed , $36 for a steak that was not a prime steakhouse quality . This place is resting on its past reputation , and it seems like ownership has a take it or leave it attitude. Server was aloof,, once he realized we weren't ordering wine , and only one of our party of four had an appetizer with our meal, and after the main course actually came to the table and said " yeah , anything else ? "
- The food was amazing so andTazzDined on 2/21/2014The food was amazing so and so was our service. We got the special smelts as a appetizer which were pan fried. I also got the special pasta and it was fantastic and relatively inexpensive. The cocktails were from $9-10 and strong. We will definitely be good back soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valentines Day ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014We choose Parkside because we had her first date there several years ago. We both enjoy the arty bistro atmosphere and delicious varied menu. It was once again an excellent choice.Special Features:
- great food and servicemongoDined on 2/14/2014The place has great food and service only down fall , it was very loud and hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and crowdedBelizVIPDined on 2/14/2014Very busy, crowded, could be because it was Valentine's Day. We were first seated at a table directly outside a backroom area which had servers going in and out constantly. We requested a different seat and were accommodated, but two other couples were shown the first table, one got up and left before ordering. The seating is very close and you cannot help but over hear the conversations of diners seated in adjacent tables. This place appears to be very popular given the number of people at the bar and also waiting to be seated. Definitely get a reservation if you choose to eat here. Food was ok but nothing spectacular.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Good food and service. Had a reservation and did not wait when we arrived. Relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRML1Dined on 2/14/2014The food was outstanding service was great little noisy but well worth itSpecial Features:
- Great foodStuffedDined on 2/14/2014Our first visit here and we booked reservations for Valentines dinner at 5:30. They moved it to 6:00 when we called ahead, stuck in traffic. Very elegant little restaurant. Dimly lit, dark wood, looks new. The wait staff was excellent. The menu was limited but the food was creative and very, very good. Surprised they had a tiny kitchen partially exposed to the back dining room. How they make all the meals there is magic. A little pricy overall, but expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our table was ready when weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. Service was efficient. Food was good but after an hour at the table, we definitely were being rushed along and I hadn't finished my dinner yet. That was annoying. The place was crowded and very loud. I have been there for lunch and enjoyed it much more. Wouldn't go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Consistently FavorablelftankDined on 1/30/2014We recently went to Parkside for a co-worker's birthday celebration. The food was excellent and service was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a date night out!AllieDined on 1/28/2014The service was good, and the menu has choices fit for every taste. The calamari is one of our favorite appetizers. The atmosphere is pretty easy and low key, but romantic for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But Bar Noise An IssueRIdinerVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food and service at Parkside is always very good and during our recent visit we were not disappointed. The issue is the way the bar is essentially part of the dining area and on the Saturday night we visited was no exception to the point where it was difficult to hear the waiter and to keep a conversation going. Regards it is a great place and we will be back.Special Features:
- Rotisserie ChickenKBL1954VIPDined on 1/24/2014If you're looking for an inexpensive place to dine with outstanding Rotisserie Chicken, then Parkside is for you, This chicken falls off the bone and melts in your mouth. The french fries are to die for! The restaurant is a great spot for casual dining. Try and you won't be dissappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not oustandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/20/2014It was very cozy and the atmosphere was nice and relaxed and romantic. The food was just okay. I got the risotto special and it tasted more like a chicken casserole. The service was nice. It was a nice place to come and have a casual bit to eat, maybe before show or for a date, but I wouldn't recommend it for the food.Special Features: