Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
76 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parksideprovidence.com/
- Phone: 4013310003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (Closed on Sundays in the Summer)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Davenport
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: The Parkside is available for off-site events. Please e-mail Adam at email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room is ideal for intimate parties under 40 guests. Please e-mail Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Vargulish 4013310003
A word from Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
The Parkside Rotisserie and Bar is a Manhattan-style bistro centrally located in the heart of Rhode Island"s capital city, Providence. One of the best restaurants in Providence since 1994. Serving lunch and dinner daily, the Parkside is surely a fantastic choice anytime. The Parkside offers a wide array of upbeat foods ranging from spicy crab cakes to grilled tenderloin and portobello salad. There are also several innovative pasta dishes as well as the Parkside's signature rotisserie meat items and daily specials. The Parkside's unique atmosphere is accented by an open kitchen where guests can enjoy watching our talented culinary staff prepare all of the enticing entrees found on the menu. Join us at the Parkside for a relaxing dining experience that is "casual elegance."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (45)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (26)hot spot (23)notable wine list (21)good for groups (20)romantic (17)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great service, good foodSethHVIPDined on 4/9/2011The menu has many great options and I look forward to going back again to try something else. The specials were so good, I hope I get a chance to eat from the menu sometime. Our waiter had a party of 10 plus two other tables and he still made sure we had whatever we wanted when we wanted it.Special Features:
- Service was great. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011Service was great. Food was okay. More of a older crowd.
- Best Birthday SurpriseLoveditDined on 3/21/2011The service was great! Food was delicious! It was my fiance birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a birthday cake and the waiter perfect!!Special Features:
- Poor service ruined dinnerfviceVIPDined on 3/19/2011Took 45 minutes for server to get drinks to table and take order. He was nowhere to be found. He was put out when we asked him what took so long. Meals were mediocre to good.
- Great place! Delicious food!MazjeanDined on 3/4/2011Great place! Delicious food! Choose a table towards the back for a quieter scene, or one up front for a more lively time.Special Features:
- How are they still in business?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2011Terrible, just terrible. I sent back my entree and went with the pasta instead. I tried three entrees, and they were all far below par.
- I love this restaurant! AOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2011I love this restaurant! A little pricy, but great!!Special Features:
- Great little bistro acrossOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2011Great little bistro across from the river, within walking distance of RISD Museum and College Hill. Good food, excellent service...wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- My third time eating here,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2011My third time eating here, I was unhappy with my entree ("Whole Wheat Penne"). There wasn't anything wrong with. I just didn't like it. It lacked flavor, which was surprising b/c it had, what seemed to be, a good mix as recipe as described on the menu. A curious thing about this restaurant is that the servers are always men - tall, thin, and handsome. It makes me question if the restaurant participates in discriminatory hiring practices. Offering the benefit of the doubt, this is my third time eating here on a Saturday evening.Special Features:
- I mentioned that it was aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011I mentioned that it was a birthday celebration for my friend. Imagine her and my delight when a beautifully decorated plate with a piece of cheese cake was presented at the end of the delicious meal.Not only was my dining partner's birthday noted, the cake was free, unlike other restaurants. Our server was attentive yet not over-bearing. Our water glasses were always full. I changed my mind about window seating and our server/host did not miss a beat. We exclamed to each other that we could not remember eating a more tender piece of steak. Everything about our experience was top-notch. Before our lunch was over we decided to return to Parkside for another outstanding lunch. Congratulations to all for a wonderful experience!
- Unbelieveable menu and specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Unbelieveable menu and special entrees along with a well put together drink and wine menuSpecial Features:
- Went there on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011Went there on Valentine's Day with my husband and 2 sons. It was excellant as always. Love the duck breast salad! Every meal was outstanding and the wait staff was great.Special Features:
- A great place to dine; theAlways4NantucketDined on 2/14/2011A great place to dine; the food is great, the pace of service is leisurely but attentive. It is not a large restaurant and perhaps because the bar is in the same roomas most of the diners it tends to be a bit more noisy than some might like, but it does not detract from the overall experience. I definitely recommend it.
- Awesome experience. FoodTheDJVIPDined on 2/12/2011Awesome experience. Food was great ( interesting menu with unusual choices for the area but also some ataples for the less adventuresome). Friendly, efficient service. The Parkside is small and noisey but it actually adds to the fun social experience. A solid A rating.Special Features:
- Food and service were terrific!LuckyLouieDined on 2/4/2011Food and service were terrific! All of our meals were delicious - we would go again anytime.Special Features:
- We visited during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2011We visited during restaurant week and the menu choices were great for all three courses. The portions were substantial and very tasty. The restaurant is quite noisey - so sometimes difficult to hear and converse. Otherwise - we'll be going again soon.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to ParksideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2011My husband and I went to Parkside expecting to take advantage of the Providence Restaurant Week Menu, but we were instead intrigued by the specials, so we each ended up getting one of the specials, myself a smoked mozzerella ravioli and my husband a veal chop. Both were excellent, with a very knowledgeable server. It was a little loud in there, but it was also a Friday night so to be expected with a busy place.Special Features:
- Our waiter Peter was FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/25/2011Our waiter Peter was FANTASTIC and the ambiance was wonderful, the perfect combination of fun and upscale.Special Features:
- Second time there and againOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/22/2011Second time there and again the food was very good. This time though, our waiter was either too busy with other customers or inefficient.Special Features:
- Interesting flavors, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/22/2011Interesting flavors, good service, but very busy bar area infringing on the diners.
- Great Food, Great Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2011My husband and I dined at Parkside last night. We were seated immediately upon arrival and everything came from the kitchen in a timely manner. Our server's name was Domenick and he was great. He was very professional and attentive. He should be commended for the way he was able to recite the daily specials -- I would never be able to remember all that! The food was very good, my husband ordered the NY Strip and it was cooked perfectly. The Au Gratin Potatoes are delish. This was our second visit to Parkside and we will be back.Special Features:
- We went to Parkside on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2011We went to Parkside on a Saturday night with friends and had a great time. The restaurant was crowded which made for a festive atmosphere. It was perfect for us, but if you were looking for a quite dinner it might not be for you. The food was great (we had shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, a pasta dish and pork from the rotisserie) and the prices VERY reasonable. I was surprised when we got out of there for $70 per person which included a dozen shrimp, 2 orders of crab cake, 4 entrees, 2 bottles of wine and a few draft beers. We will definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- One of Providence's best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/13/2011One of Providence's best restaurants... less formal than some of the older establishments, but rather is casual, warm, and inviting. The food is excellent: creative, no single theme, simple and complex dishes. Ambiance is great: cozy but not cramped, nice bar. Service is OK; wait staff isn't same par as a major steakhouse or high end Italian place, but is fine.Special Features:
- Parkside never fails. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011Parkside never fails. The food is always top notch and the daily specials are always inventive and delicious. The regular menu offers delicious options with interesting tastes and textures. I had the sea bass that was cooked perfectly with a light, delightful broth and bok choy...I never knew I liked bok choy! The highlight of Parkside is the rotisserie -- anything you get done by that method will be outstanding. My dining companions had the beef tenderloin special that was so tender you could cut it with a fork and full of flavor. The bar scene is lively, but doesn't interfere with the dining and the drinks are top notch too. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- We had dinner here on NewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2010We had dinner here on New Year's Eve, the food and service was very good, and the ambiance was perfect. Our favorite was the seafood appetizer which had delicious crab legs and oysters with a fantastic watermelon and onion aioli.
- A Providnece GemSandyDined on 12/31/2010This place is a GEM! Nice people, great food and a cozy feel. I LOVE THE PARKSIDE! We used to go for special occasions only but no more. We go just because we can. If you haven't stopped in for a drinks or dinner, what are you waiting for.Special Features:
- Warm and friendly, but occaisionallAjmmdVIPDined on 12/30/2010Warm and friendly, but occaisionally too noisy around bar. Slow cooked specials a real treat and always excellently prepared. Seemed like service this time was slow as well.Special Features:
- Five female co-workers hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2010Five female co-workers had a memorable lunch. Good food, served on time.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant with a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/18/2010Nice restaurant with a good sized menu. Good service. Decent-to-good food. An unusual find in Providence, per someone who was born and raised in Providence. It's good for groups, but it is a small restaurant. So, you'll probably be the only group in there if you make the reservation in time. In fact, in thinking about it, it'd probably be a fun time for a group with its small-but-energetic atmosphere - and, of course, your being the only group. Enjoy.Special Features:
- The Park Side is a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2010The Park Side is a great place with a great menu, fantastic service and well worth the value for any occasion.Special Features:
- I've been a fan of ParksideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2010I've been a fan of Parkside for years and they never disappoint. I would have given 5 stars for ambiance except the energetic noise level isn't for everyone.Special Features:
- Really nice selection of halfelevenX2VIPDined on 12/4/2010Really nice selection of half bottles of wine - one can mix and match during the meal.Special Features:
- My husband and I had lunchbbop1Dined on 12/3/2010My husband and I had lunch at Parkside and the chicken was dry and sat on top of greasy French fries. My husband ordered a steak sandwich and couldn't finish it because of gristle and toughness. The waiter was very good and attentive however. (he didn't cook the food). We have been to Parkside for dinner during Waterfire and it was a very good experience It was therefore a disappointment to eat such a poor meal, considering it's cost. Hard to decide if we would go back.
- Noisy, but not as bad alongOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010Noisy, but not as bad along the front window as it was in the middle of the room (we moved after a few moments). Very good service, excellent food. Banana tart was one of the best desserts in recent memory.Special Features:
- excellent lamb - and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010excellent lamb - and attentive & knowledgeable waiterSpecial Features:
- This is a very good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2010This is a very good restaurant and a very good value. Great menu and wine list.Special Features:
- I have been to Parkside RotisserieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2010I have been to Parkside Rotisserie & Bar countless times and am always impressed! This restaurant has truly mastered the art of anticipating, meeting and exceeding guest expectations. From the unique dishes, pairings and presentations to the attentive and impeccable service of all staff members, and whether out for a romantic dinner or out to celebrate as a group, this restaurant is sure to please all. Hats off to Parkside for another amazing dining experience. Thank you for always giving me reasons to return and recommend!Special Features:
- I think its one of providenceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2010I think its one of providence finest glad to see that they now have open tableSpecial Features: