Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
76 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parksideprovidence.com/
- Phone: 4013310003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (Closed on Sundays in the Summer)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Davenport
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: The Parkside is available for off-site events. Please e-mail Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room is ideal for intimate parties under 40 guests. Please e-mail Adam at email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Vargulish 4013310003
A word from Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
The Parkside Rotisserie and Bar is a Manhattan-style bistro centrally located in the heart of Rhode Island"s capital city, Providence. One of the best restaurants in Providence since 1994. Serving lunch and dinner daily, the Parkside is surely a fantastic choice anytime. The Parkside offers a wide array of upbeat foods ranging from spicy crab cakes to grilled tenderloin and portobello salad. There are also several innovative pasta dishes as well as the Parkside's signature rotisserie meat items and daily specials. The Parkside's unique atmosphere is accented by an open kitchen where guests can enjoy watching our talented culinary staff prepare all of the enticing entrees found on the menu. Join us at the Parkside for a relaxing dining experience that is "casual elegance."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parkside Rotisserie & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (26)hot spot (23)notable wine list (21)good for groups (20)romantic (17)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Great atmosphere, quick & friendly service at the bar.Amazing appetizers fresh oysters, spicy crab cakes & calamari. Equally amazing nightly specials of sword fish,pork roast, & pasta. Service was timely & friendly. Every dish went back to the kitchen empty! Topped off double espressos & crepes. We will most certainly return soon to try more of there dishes. We give it a outstanding recommendation.Special Features:
- birthday girlBlingbaby52VIPDined on 10/18/2014For of us went to celebrate my birthday. The steak tartrate was outstanding as was the lamb shank. The swordfish special was so salty we had to send it back. Our server was wonderful and took it back and offered something else. My friend asked for a roasted chicken and it was brought out in a few minutes. The dessert I ordered came out with happy birthday written in chocolate over a pool of mango sauce. Pretty and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!ZimmyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Martinis were great and fully poured. We had octopus appetizers, salmon simple grill and steak simple grill. Food was plentiful and superbly prepared. You won't leave hungry. We come here often and recommend to everyone...Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerLgherecDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner here Sat with my husband and daughter who had just moved back to the area after 10 years in Boston We knew it would be a lovely dinner and she was impressed. Great food, excellent service, tasteful decor. We had Peking Duck and Coq au vin very tasty. Great specialty cocktails.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOnmywaytobeingafoodsnobDined on 10/17/2014I made this reservation last minute with my daughter and was amazed at the quickness we got our table. Our waiter was absent for a good majority of the night and I didn't mind this because I really hate waiters that "hover". He was there when we needed him. The only downside of the entire evening was the man next to us was talking loud enough one would think he was running for office. But other than that, excellent food, wine, service and my daughter absolutely loved the menu and she's a real fussy eater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised…GlobalFoodieDined on 10/15/2014I wasn't exactly sure what kind of restaurant it would be from the name. I brought a group of 20 people from my company for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised with the food. The menu was extensive and the food was great, as was the wine. Service was good too. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KGDinerDined on 10/15/2014Our service was outstanding - I was late joining my group and actually ordered my drink with the waiter over the phone. As I walked up to my table I was handed an icy martini! We dined before a show at PPAC and had their Pre fixe menu - the chicken was delicious. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkside RotisserieParkside4LifeDined on 10/12/2014The food was GREAT, I would highly recommend anyone to try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short visit to Providence.PokeyDined on 10/12/2014Food delicious, ambience perfect for us. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watefire GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Five of us dined here prior to strolling over to Providence Waterfire on October 11. We were seated promptly and our server was knowledgeable and very friendly. The drinks and food were delicious, and the proximity to the the festivities made it an excellent choice for us.Special Features:
- Superb Service Extra MileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I took our cousins for their birthdays and the four of us enjoyed it tremendously. Not having been here in sevrral years I requested their old mushroom burschetta appetizer that I always loved and they whipped it right up. Thanks for going the extra mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014I get the filet and it was full of flavor and the sides were yummy. I went with 4 other people who were also very satisfied with their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- huge menu for fine diningbarbfamDined on 10/3/2014I have found that in general, many top restaurants get away with a very small menu, which can be hard when going out with a group or even just one finicky eater. Well, PR & B has a delightfully large menu and there is plenty for everyone. Even pure vegetarians will not feel left out, as just the app and side menu is big enough to satisfy. Being a carnivore, I was extremely pleased and sampled chicken, steak and fish at my table. The steak tartare was delicious. The cod with shrimp grits was one of best dinners I have ever eaten. Giant thai dumplings were great. We did not try dessert as we were quite full after the apps and mains. Prices were reasonable. There was valet parking, but street pkg is possible in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerFoodSnotDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I ate here on a Tuesday night for my birthday. The place is vibrant and clean. The server was very knowledgable. We started with the dumplings, which were phenomenal. We both ordered a chicken dish from the rotisserie, it was good but took a very long time. The desserts, however, arrived quickly and were amazing! My husband had the creme brulee and I had the chocolate lava cake. This was one of the best desserts I have ever had. We will definately be returning to the Parkside.Special Features:
- SerendipitysamziamVIPDined on 9/28/2014On a day trip from Boston, discovered Parkside on O/T and it was a delightful find. Food was well-prepared, inventive and first-rate. Service was a tad rough, but server was attentive and his recommendations spot-on. Unlike an increasing number of restaurants, the noise level was moderate and permitted easy conversation. Will look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfire NightPVDisgr8Dined on 9/27/2014The additional tables outside expanded the normally loud restaurant to the street. Very convenient for a great meal and then a stroll along Waterfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We had 10 people in our party. We sat in the back room, which was full of other diners although we were away from the bar area. The service was excellent. We were moving slowly and the waitress was very attentive bringing us drinks and apps without pushing us. We received a few good recommendations for wine and food orders. 1 guage of a restaurant is the bread and it was excellent. The food was excellent - all hot, several different dishes, apps and main course, and all excellent. I ate the peking duck and it is served the way they prepare it in Bejing with the moo shu pancakes, hoisin sauce and vegetables. The halibut was a nice thick piece cooked to retain the moisture. Several people brought leftovers home. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LcPanaggVIPDined on 9/9/2014Went on a whim. Great service! Great food! Prices were exceptionally reasonable. I am definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal...ZimmyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had the octopus appetizer...best appetizer on Providence restaurant scene. Also had the steak simple grill. Terrific meal and a very fair value. Highly recommend you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissatisfied on this eveningDailybread1Dined on 8/23/2014Based on this evening only.. A busy Waterfire night, our waiter was not personable nor consistent in his service to us. Spoke fast and did not make much eye contact not ever even giving us his name. Our meals and appetizer were over cooked .. After speaking w manager to give our feedback he was sincerely apologetic and said the policy was to remove cost of meals even though we explained to him this was not our intention. We have eaten here prior to this night and enjoyed our meals. We may try again down the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinksCMC2Dined on 8/23/2014We came here for my husband's birthday dinner out. We were looking for a spot close to Waterfire so we could see it after we ate. We were seated right away. The restaurant is cute and relaxed. Our server was very attentive and was able to promptly answer our questions about cocktails and the food. Appetizers were great - crab cakes were exceptional and loaded with crab and the dumblings were just as good. My husband ordered the pork minon which was amazing. I had a simple grilled steak that was cooked perfectly. It was noisy but we chalked it up to the large crowd and Waterfire - we could still have good conversation. Overall a great night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant was fantastic! Our reservations were for 6p and we had requested outside dining. We were seated on time and in a prime location. We were in Providence to attend the WaterFire and it was right across the street from Memorial Park. The food was terrific, three of us ordred the salmon off the Simple Grill menu and it was delicious. Service was great, we didn't feel rushed and afterwards we walked across the street to enjoy the waterfire. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinikeDined on 8/23/2014this was our 4th year coming from Florida to RI and having dinner with you then attending the Waterfires. Look forward to coming every year!! The food is always delish and the service is perfect!! Love the atmosphere also. Love Parkside!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for WaterfireDTravelerDined on 8/23/2014Good food & good location. Service started off good, but as the restaurant filled, became a bit frenetic. Two severs delivered the food to the table, but were not well coordinated with each other (leading to a falling steak knife which mercifully miss my leg).Special Features:
- Pleasant Eveningzen4foodVIPDined on 8/21/2014Our waiter,Adam , made the 4 of us feel as though we were the only ones in the restaurant. He was attentive, yet not overbearing. His suggestions were appreciated. The food as pleasing as ever. The rotisserie chicken is an all time favorite of mine...but the salmon was exceptional also. Dessert list small but special...molten chocolate and caramel custard were perfect.Special Features:
- Always Great!ZimmyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love the Parkside. Have reviewed many times. Just go...Special Features:
- Waterfire dinnerDee1Dined on 8/9/2014Went here for dinner during waterfire with our inlaws who we're visiting from out of town. We've been quite a few times before and don't ever remember it being so noisy but attributed that to it being busy because of waterfire. Food was excellent as always but it took far too long for the food to come out. I like that this isn't a restaurant that rushes you but we've never waited this long for food here before, again they were busy because of waterfire so we understood. Our server was sweet and apologetic. Overall a good experience, not great as other times, but we will be back because waterfire night aside this is an exceptional place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointmentjacluvs2dinDined on 8/9/2014I had high expectations for my first visit to Parkside; both from friends and the menu on-line. The drinks were great, the appetizers large and flavorful (streak tartar and Thai dumplings), the soup special (lobster bisque) started the huge let down of the rest of the meal. There was no lobster, the color was unattractive, and far to much sherry. For entries we went with specials - pan seared halibut and lobster tortellini. The halibut was significantly over cooked, very very bland, and even more dry (even with extra sauce)- too bad it was beautiful piece of fish. The tortellini more a ravioli were just plain bad; course in presentation, lacking flavor and surrounded with fishy tasting mussels. The Creeps tasted like a butter dish.Special Features:
- Perfect Choice for WaterFire NightMorselOfLoveDined on 8/9/2014Most of the choices of meals at our table for six were quite delicious, but the lemon garlic chicken was unexceptional. Good fries, er, "pommes frites." I should have had the tenderloin salad, which I've had for lunch before and really liked. The menu is to my taste, cosmopolitan, but not effete. Now, I find it restrictive that on the review form my only choices for "noise level" are "quiet," "moderate" and "energetic." Hey, how about "too noisy"? Very loud in there, hard to hear or converse pleasantly and easily until later when the crowd thinned out. However, the location by the river is perfect if you are thinking of attending WaterFire afterward.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with friendsesltchr65Dined on 8/9/2014This was the perfect place for a group of us to eat just before heading across the street to see Waterfire. The food is very good, leaning toward French, with some creative offerings, including some imaginative and delicious cocktails. The service was also very good, with enough wait staff so we didn't have to wait to ask for anything on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great Dining Before WaterfiremadismomDined on 8/9/2014We're not familiar with restaurants in Providence and found Parkside on Open Table. It turned out to be in a convenient location for walking to Waterfire, the food was excellent and we enjoyed being able to sit outside, The restaurant was packed when we arrived but we were greeted and seated immediately. Our waiter was a bit distracted but placed our order promptly and the timing of the food delivery was well paced. We had a light meal-- dumplings, crab cakes, a Caesar salad and a Cobb salad. Everything was fresh and tasty. We'll return to Parkside when we next visit Providence.(Please note, the noice level was moderate because we were sitting outside.)Special Features:
- Very good food and wine.Girlrunner46Dined on 8/1/2014Girls night out. The food and wine was very good would definitely dine there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurant!jbink1224Dined on 7/28/2014Everything about Parkside was fantastic! The food was amazing, and came out quickly, and the service was outstanding. Most importantly, the ambience was so perfect! I recommend this restaurant highly. The Apple Crisp dessert was amazing as well!!!Special Features:
- Great VibesatisfiedVIPDined on 7/26/2014Super friendly bar and waitstaff. Host and hostess spot opn with seating people during the rush. Great specials Always a blast before and after WaterfireSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerHeidi0630Dined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner here. The food was fabulous and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent menu. Nice vibe and room felt like you were in a European Bistro. Arrived early, seated in the back of the restaurant, even though the front of the house had plenty of tables and a much nicer feel. Too close to the kitchen and it was a bit noisy. Service was ok, not great, but food made up for that. A nice place to dine after a long day of sight seeing.Special Features:
- First time, not the last.JayFDined on 7/14/2014I went to Parkside for dinner during Restaurant Weeks. It was nice to see a menu of items that make Restaurant Week worth it. The food was delicious. I am going to try and figure out the honey demi on the filet. Sweet Jesus was that amazing. The arancini was better than any I've had. The cheesecake was not too sweet, perfectly smooth, and the fresh strawberries really added a nice, refreshing touch to it. They rally helped cut through the richness. Great food, great service, and I highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinner!!MammacoopDined on 7/12/2014We chose to eat outside. Was a bit noisy inside. Service was excellent. We didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Definitely one of the best spots in Providence. Recommended by a friend and the restaurant did not disappoint. All was delicious. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCarolDined on 7/9/2014We had lunch during Providence Restaurant Week. The food was delicious, especially the seviche w avocado appetizer. I don't know if it's on the every day menu or just for the special prix fix. If not, it should be! We'll be back for sureSpecial Features: