Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
1000 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkersamerican.com/
- Phone: 6309605700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick McLaughlin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on Friday - Saturday evenings
A word from Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
Parkers' Restaurant and Bar is a chef driven, full service, contemporary American restaurant & bar serving lunch, dinner and private functions. The restaurant features fresh fish & seafood along with high quality meat and pasta preparations. The ambiance reflects a relaxed sophistication emphasizing a mosaic tiled, open kitchen adjacent to a refined, 150-seat dining room featuring fabulous hardwood decor. The 50-seat cocktail lounge offers live piano jazz on Thursday-Saturday evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downers Grove ›
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (38)good for groups (37)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We have been to Parker's many times and for many special occasions, i.e. anniversary, birthday etc.. As usual our special request for romantic, private table location was met. All the staff made sure to mention our anniversary to include special food treats and visit by the manager. Food was great as usual incuding the crab cakes, calamari, and key lime pie. We tried the lobster mac and cheese for the first time, which we shared, and it was very good and plenty for two after the appetizers.Special Features:
- less than stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014This was my third visit to Parker's. My first was Memorial Day weekend, and the food and service were quite good. I returned in the summer, and the food was okay, but not as special as before. My recent visit unfortunately continued my impression that the food is adequate but quite pricey for what you receive. Service was less than stellar. Cocktails took at least 15 minutes to arrive after ordering, and not as requested. Not wanting to wait longer, I did not tell the waitress but did when I ordered the second one. Salads were quite tasty, but the main courses arrived while still eating them. I ordered the scallops for the main course - nice presentation, but $30.00 for 3 scallops seemed exorbitant. Won't return anytime soon.Special Features:
- HankDined on 9/12/2014We were a party of three with two eating seafood and one eating braised boneless beef rib. Everything was perfectly prpared and delicious, and the service was impeccable. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- fromelmVIPDined on 9/6/2014The pate appetizer was good but to much for one person. The polenta fries were real good. The tilapia and white fish we had were very good. Our server Lynda was outstanding.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningRJS6675Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Parker's several times and always enjoy the food and the atmosphere! The chef always does a wonderful job and the service is great. The only issue we had this time was that we requested a table outside so we could enjoy the beautiful weather but it was too close to dusk and the Mosquitos made a feast out of us - other than that - we had a great evening!Special Features:
- too loudgoingoutDined on 9/4/2014I have only been to Parkers for dinner before and it was quiet, romantic, the food was excellent...very disappointed with lunch. My husband could barely hear me, there was no ambiance and the food was just ok.Special Features:
- Exceptional DiningfardriverVIPDined on 8/29/2014We are repeat customers who have never yet been disappointed! All was wonderful from the properly made "classic" cocktails, to the terrific seafood selections, to the "over-the-top" ice cream tower for dessert. Truly exceptional!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightVIPDined on 8/23/2014We ordered the king salmon and tilapia and both were prepared excellently and our wine selection was both appealing to the taste and pocketbook. Unfortunately, the service was below par for this very good restaurant as the wait staff was backed up at the bar (only 1 bartender) and that delayed having our wine with dinner. It seems there was quite a few new people so I'm going to chalk this up to a lack of experience.Special Features:
- A Fabulous Find!MargoDined on 8/19/2014Parkers' is excellent with respect to both the food the the impecible service, this time by Tim. It's truly a bargain to visit during Happy Hour when the appetizers are half price Their Lobster and Shrimp Fritters with Honey Mustard Sauce and their Lobster Rolls are the best in town. We'll go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatdinnerDined on 8/16/2014Our food was absolutely amazing. This was our first time at Parkers and will be back again and again. The appetizers and menu selections were wonderful!
- Do it rightavalon14Dined on 8/16/2014Every dish at the table was great, service outstandingSpecial Features:
- A place to keep on a favorites listluv2eatoutDined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal. The pork chop dinner was a large serving that showcased the skill of the kitchen staff. We were visiting with friends we hadn't seen in a long time. Although the restaurant was busy (on a Tuesday evening), we were not rushed at all! The wait staff was very attentive. We spent over 2 hours enjoying conversation, the comfortable booths and the well prepared courses we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Great salad, meal and service. I would recommend this to anyone who likes fine dining or comfort food.Special Features:
- Always predictably goodBusinessmanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Can't go wrong. Service a food are terrific. Ambiance is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkersJoanDined on 8/2/2014Neighborhood find! Always able to fit us in. Piano bar a blast with elegant jazz and blues. I suggest a few non alcoholic interesting drinks be added to the menu.people have more sophisticated pallets than "gun ginger ale". I asked the bartender for a drink with lime zest, lime, fresh ginger and mint, simple syrup or agave added to soda water. He added cucumber showing his talent and the drink was delightful, fresh and delicious. Drinks like this are very "in" in California and New York. We have "mixologists" now, let them shine! Promote those talents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant Parker'sAnnyummDined on 8/1/2014Great food, service, staff. Our waiter was excellent. Parker's is a bit too loud. But overall we had a lovely time. We will return!Special Features:
- Would definitely returngoodfoodgoodwineDined on 8/1/2014My wife & I came from an hour away to celebrate our 29th anniversary. Not so familiar with the area restaurant choices, we were delighted with this non-chain local establishment we found on Trip Advisor. It has an appetizing menu and a thoughtful, diverse selection of wines. The ambiance was good and so was the service (thank you, Newton!). It was full of patrons who were obviously enjoying their food and evening. Living an hour away, it might be a challenge to come often, but we would definitely keep this place in mind as a great restaurant to return to when we are in the area.Special Features:
- UrsulaDined on 8/1/2014This is a great place for Happy Hour. The Lobster Roll is worth the trip (and the calories!).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014this is a nice place for evening and noontime dinning our food and service was good and the ambience was goodSpecial Features:
- Friday at ParkersFathersDayBrunchVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time here. Food was good overall. We discovered the bar and there was an excellent jazz group playing there. Unfortunately in the Dining Room, it was hard to hear them. Next time, we will go to the bar, listen to music and partake of their happy hour menu.Special Features:
- Not quite what it used to be but -OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was fine-server was not. He was not familiar with my order as served -stated it was served with steamed veggies when in fact it was not. Although I ordered salmon medium to medium rare, server ordered it medium rare (I heard him) and it was nearly raw in the center-oh well, better than well done. Server didn't check back with us once our food was served although earlier he was pushing drinks. Dessert was fine as was the bread served initially with drinks. Since it was a week day and late in the evening, I would go back. The lobby had a musty order but the main restaurant was fine. I recall better times for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedDatenightVIPDined on 7/19/2014Parkers is one of the few places I go for fresh fish and I was not disappointed. An enjoyable meal and experience I will be back.Special Features:
- A Favorite RestaurantDladyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Every time I've been to Parkers' the food, service, and ambiance have been excellent. Would definitely recommend the lobster mac and cheese. Best lobster I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- Return to an Old FavoriteBruceVIPDined on 7/12/2014My family had been to Parker many times over the years, but in the past few hadn't gone back because it had become a bit overpriced, its menu seemed somewhat static and limited, and several competitors had arisen. We decided to give it another try and went back with several friends and were all very pleased. Most had seafood of various sorts, while I had the duck breast and confit, which was very well prepared. The prices remain a bit high compared to comparable restaurants, but the gap seems to have closed.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014We were visiting family from out of town and picked Parkers based on reviews. It was excellent. The food and service were both perfect. We all had fish (salmon/halibut) and were very happy with what we ordered. Shout out to our server, Linda, who was extremely efficient and just the right amount of friendly and professional. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great aniversary experianceDineOftenDined on 6/27/2014It had been some time since I had been at Parker's and I was pleasantly surprised that the quality of the service and the food had not decreased as in so many restaurants. We ordered the smelt and crabcake appetizer and both had a great sauce that gave an incredible lift to them. We also had the lobster bisque and clam chowder which where very light but full of flavor. The main course of halibut and Cajun tilapia had a nice zing to them, but the bread pudding was a perfect finish. During the whole meal, the service was consistent and timely. There was not a time when I was in need of beverages, a table cleaning, or answers to questions about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team meeting dinnerGenyDined on 6/25/2014Had a great team dinner with great selection. Good service.Special Features:
- Worth the tripDanielleDined on 6/18/2014I traveled from Florida to have the bouillabaisse. It is the best. The ice cream tower was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We were disappointed. Dinner was to be a special event as it was father's day. We were very disappointed in the selection and portion sizes. What was the special was an everyday choice.
- I'll come backNikkiDined on 6/15/2014We really enjoyed Parkers. I was there long ago and forgot it as I don't go that far south on Highland often. When I passed it recently I remembered it and will keep it in mind from now on and bring friends back. I had the bouillabaisse and it was wonderful. I will have to go back and try some other things that were tantalizing on the menu. Good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience - EverytimeEatOutALotDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Parker's last Saturday night and the evening was wonderful, as expected. We've been eating at Parker's for years (back when it was Parker's Seafood) and I always know I'll love the food, but I've also come to look forward to the experience. The service is spot-on, every time-- just enough help and attention without being smothering. If there's a question about wine, there's always an expert immediately on hand to assist if the server doesn't know the answer. After dinner, there was a nice, but small crowd in the bar and the piano player set the perfect mood for a summer Saturday night. I look forward to the next time I visit Parker's... it's always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBusinessmanVIPDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant never ceases to impress. This time I had a lunch special - mahi mahi. It was prepared in a way that was so delicious that I could not hold my kudos to the chef. Portions are always right and the service is always pristine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkers was PerfectWoodchuckDined on 6/10/2014It has consistently attentive service, w/great food Following wine and breads, we had the BEET SALAD which was heavenly. I had the SEA SCALLOPS with Spinach, and roasted potatoes. The scallops did not disappoint in size or flavor. My husband had the FILET MIGNON* with Potatoes, Vegetable, which was cooked to perfection. Desserts were Carmel Budino and Key Lime Pie with Raspberry sauce. Both were excellent. you can either eat in the bar for casual or in the DR as we did for formal.Special Features:
- Splendid returnQuizmasterFoodieDined on 6/6/2014After not having gone there for a few years, our return was great. Fabulous choices on the menu and prepared excellently and served with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceJessicaBarrettDined on 6/1/2014We used to go to Parker's more when the spicy ahi shandong (sp?) was on the menu because it was my favorite. My husband and I were surprised that with only a few customers in the restaurant we waited quite a while for anyone to come to our table. I ordered the duck, my husband the salmon, and I was brought lamb! My husband tried to wait for my correct entree but he finished his meal so it wasn't cold and he even had his plate cleared from the table before my entree was brought out. I was amazed that a manager didn't come over to say ANYTHING. I watched my husband have his dinner in front of me. Not fun. At the very least a free drink or app should've been offered while I waited when the restaurant made a mistake. We may not go back.
- Terrific Fresh SeafoodcdgchgoVIPDined on 5/31/2014I love this place for seafood. Always has terrific daily specials, and very well prepared food. Desserts are delicious. Generous well prepared cocktails. Good for dinner with friends, or for a romantic occasion. Very good service, nice ambience. Recommend reservations. Private free valet in private lot.Special Features:
- Great Dessert!DinthecityDined on 5/30/2014Parkers' has cotton candy on the dessert menu. What a treat! The menu had good variation and Thursday night jazz provided a nice atmosphere.
- RuthyKDined on 5/30/2014Parkers' has a fine menu, lots of great seafood entrees. Love the New England lobster rollsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scojorDined on 5/29/2014Surprisingly good food, very good service. We had pizza as an appetizer and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Downers Grove diningDownersGroveDadDined on 5/28/2014great seafood and great service. In our group, we had surf & turf, Alaskan crab legs, fish special of the day and lobster & macaroni. All were excellent. Calamari appetizer was excellent and large portion. Shrimp & lobster fritter appetizer was tasty but small portion. Filet mignon's were grilled perfectly. Ambience was friendly and casual. To the expensive side, but quality was worth the price. Great spot for a business or family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.