Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
1000 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkersamerican.com/
- Phone: (630) 960-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick McLaughlin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on Friday - Saturday evenings
A word from Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
Parkers' Restaurant and Bar is a chef driven, full service, contemporary American restaurant & bar serving lunch, dinner and private functions. The restaurant features fresh fish & seafood along with high quality meat and pasta preparations. The ambiance reflects a relaxed sophistication emphasizing a mosaic tiled, open kitchen adjacent to a refined, 150-seat dining room featuring fabulous hardwood decor. The 50-seat cocktail lounge offers live piano jazz on Thursday-Saturday evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downers Grove ›
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (55)romantic (46)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect for a business mealDrameDined on 11/18/2014This menu is great for a group due to the variety of offerings. Everything was well prepared and attractively presented. The large tables accommodate business lunches well (you are not on top of each other). I had the crispy crab cakes sandwich and it was delicious. The blackened tilapia tacos were also a standout. One of our diners hates fish and he was extremely happy with the grilled chicken salad. Service was perfect - attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent. The food was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Having a picky eater he was able to find something on the menu and did not leave anything on his plate. The whole staff on duty the night of Nov. 15, 2014 were friendly and inviting. Was able to meet the Chef and Souse Chef both gentlemen were polite and made sure we were pleased with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+BigDDined on 11/15/2014Pleasant upscale dining without the chain restaurant feel. Superb service. Get the Calamari.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014A wonderful dining experience. The jazz combo in the bar with a pre-dinner cocktail helped to start the evening off right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience!tracy5849Dined on 11/14/2014The service is impeccable, and food delicious! I enjoyed the tuna special as it melted in my mouth! Wonderful spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit more than casual dining.Glvw0414Dined on 11/14/2014Prices were higher than expected. Would return for a special occasion. It isn't a place where I would just drop in. Location is convenient to major streets. Valet parking. Definitely need reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the entire experiencemscarrotDined on 11/13/2014The atmosphere was relaxing, the food was great, the waiter very helpful and friendly. I really appreciated the waiter's attentiveness to my need for a gluten-free diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total PerfectionMeateaterVIPDined on 11/12/2014from warm greeting, great, quiet, comfortable atmoshere, to great service and food, and finally, reasonble prices to boot. thank you ParkersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence persistsJustineVIPDined on 11/12/2014This place just seems to know how to run a restaurant. Attentive, non-intrusive service, wonderful food, delightful atmosphere. The planked trout was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchRubendennyVIPDined on 11/10/2014but unfortunately this time, the service was not at the standard I've become used to in the lounge. Soup with no spoons, cold drink without straw, had to ask for beverage refills. Nothing awful, just not up to par. The food was great as always.
- As good as it gets!DinnerNutDined on 11/8/2014As in the past, Parkers' Restaurant does what it takes to make a wonderful Saturday evening dining experience. The appetizers were scrumptious, only to be exceeded by the main course, which was Bouillabaisse. It was everything we hoped it would be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experience at Parker'sLorenDined on 11/5/2014Overall a very good experience. Service was spot on, food was very good and the dining room had a pleasing club feel. One suggestion would be to dim the lights a bit during the dinner hour, much too bright for my liking it diminished the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationPolacaDined on 11/2/2014This is not our first time at Parkers. We usually order the bouillabaisse which is excellent. This time I decided to try the special swordfish and had to send it back. The fish was not properly cooked and the eggplant sauce was too sweet. At ordering the server told us that we could always order something different if we did not liked what we ordered. Their service is impeccable. I ordered the mahi mahi with sautéed spinach which was excellent. To our taste, the main dish accompaniments are too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthdayJustLouisDined on 11/1/2014I was looking for a place that we've never been, to celebrate my wife's birthday. In my search I found, Parkers', and it did not disappoint. Our waiter was very attentive throughout our meal. Service was quick and accurate. We would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinDined on 11/1/2014A lovely meal with excellent, attentive, but non-intrusive service. The fish was delicious, the presentation was attractive and the sides wre interesting, but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014This was a nice night out for an above average dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014Great meal with some unique tastes. Service matched the food. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone loves good foodSpecial Features:
- Great foodMVorelDined on 10/27/2014We always enjoy our evening when we dine here. The food choices are great, the flavors are outstanding and the staff support prompt and not intrusive, no hovering about nor neglect. One night soon or maybe on a weekend I will try the bar to discover how the service stacks up. Live music is also enticing.Special Features:
- ExcellentBernieVIPDined on 10/27/2014The food was excellent and the service was even better. Our waitress could not have been more helpful and patient.Special Features:
- Parkers for Special OccasionsRojoVIPDined on 10/25/2014Chose this place because I always wanted to try it and thought it would be a good special occasion place. And it is! Lovely restaurant. If I would have known they have a fireplace, I would have requested that table. Excellent service. Great piano bar area. Can't wait to go back. And food is excellent, too. Our waiter Eric made my birthday celebration extra special!Special Features:
- Pick ParkersHarveyDined on 10/19/2014Never had a less than perfect dining experience. Love their Boullabaisse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as always on sweetist daydavetfDined on 10/18/2014wonderful as always.. food always fresh and well-prepared.. attention to detail. love the south beach salad with mango, salmon, greens presented in a tower.. cheese, spinach, crab dip with pretzel bites.. delicious but with greater emphasis on veggies and less on the crab that i would have liked. both entrees just delicious.. swordfish topped with crab and sauce with base or garnish of sweet-sour eggplant, sweet potato puree, short ribs entree for date also made her smile... service crisp, attentive, not rushed.Special Features:
- Better request a nice tableBorn68Dined on 10/17/2014The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. However, we were placed in a room that far off from the true atmosphere of the restaurant. My husband said he felt like he was in a banquet room and ready to have lunch after a funeral. My recommendation is to be sure you request a nice table.Special Features:
- bad serverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Typically parkers has great service but we were disappointed with our server. My husband asked for a lime with his drink twice and we still never received. No cream and sugar with coffee. They missed the mark this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Safe BetPANge0Dined on 10/14/2014Last minute reservation for a business dinner. The service was patient as our party arrived at different times. The menu and food were both above average but not over the top. Overall, a nice evening of food and cocktails. Well done.Special Features:
- reliable for seafoodlisabirdDined on 10/4/2014We made a last minutes reservation and were happy to get in on a Saturday night. The clam chowder was warming on a chilly night and delicious! The wood grilled octopus was good but did not have as much of a grilled flavor as I remembered. I had the scallops prepared in the basic fashion; I received a plate of white scallops, white potatoes and a bit or sun dried tomatoes for a garnish... it really need something green and I am surprised the chef sent it out that way. However, I ordered brussel sprouts and they made a difference. My husband ordered bouillabaisse which was delicious but more like cioppino. The toffee creme brulee was a nice ending with press pot coffee.Special Features:
- Overall good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I went out on our weekly date night and wanted to try their seafood. We have the octopus which was actually kind of a small serving but good. We then had the beet salad which was quite plain and had very little dressing. I have the mahi mahi special which was pretty good. My wife have the lamb chops, which were ok but nothing special. While the food was good, it was just good (not great).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidgeVIPDined on 10/3/2014We enjoy sitting in the lounge and listening to the entertainment.Special Features:
- Weeknight birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Went to Parkers to celebrate a birthday. Great food & service. Delicious beet salad. Salmon salad beautiful presentation & delicious. Seafood special "swordfish dynamite" very tasty. Crab legs were very expensive. Our waitress was very good, although the waiter taking care of the table next to us was rude to her. Overall, the evening was very pleasant & we would return. Next time we want to try the lounge for apps & drinks while music plays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars!!!!!NorthwoodsGuyDined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed several wonderful 1/2 price appetizers in bar area with drinks as well as some regular menu items. Service was very good and wait staff generally speaking was very attentive. Blackened Tilapia Won Tons, lobster roll and lobster Mac and Cheese were all exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonBaDined on 9/28/2014We always enjoy dining at Parkers! Food is well prepared and the service is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGREATPLACEDined on 9/20/2014My husband and another couple took me here for my 28th Birthday dinner. The food was amazing and the service was awesome! I do not eat seafood so I was happy to see several other choices. Everything was great! Thanks Parkers for making my 28th Birthday one to remember!Special Features:
- Very disapointedLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014Been to Parker's many times but this last time was below par. My whitefish was not fresh nor well prepared-dry and tasteless. Service too was not up to Parker's standards. We were seated right next to service station even though no other diners were there! And waitress was less than attentive. Had to chase her down to order coffee and she never asked us how was our meal. Rushed us to order even though I told her we were not ready. Very disappointing. I will go elsewhere next time I want to have a fine dining event.
- so so this timeGiagiaDined on 9/19/2014The reason I gave it at least two stars is because all our other times was very good, this time not so good. What I ordered was the white fish and thank goodness my husband switched his braised short ribs with mine because I couldn't eat mine. Way to fishy tasting. Never had a white fish cooked like this and now I know I don't like it there. My Caesar salad was fine and the dessert was fine. Strangely when they sat us they walked us all the way down to the back of the restaurant and we had reservations made for over a week. The restaurant was not really crowded either. The bar was for happy hour. We were in a separated enclosed room. If this was our first experience we would have never returned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Very good food and service. Enjoyed a lovely evening. Appreciated being placed in a smaller room which was more quiet than in the main room. Cotton candy dessert was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We have been to Parker's many times and for many special occasions, i.e. anniversary, birthday etc.. As usual our special request for romantic, private table location was met. All the staff made sure to mention our anniversary to include special food treats and visit by the manager. Food was great as usual incuding the crab cakes, calamari, and key lime pie. We tried the lobster mac and cheese for the first time, which we shared, and it was very good and plenty for two after the appetizers.Special Features:
- less than stellarJRussellDined on 9/12/2014This was my third visit to Parker's. My first was Memorial Day weekend, and the food and service were quite good. I returned in the summer, and the food was okay, but not as special as before. My recent visit unfortunately continued my impression that the food is adequate but quite pricey for what you receive. Service was less than stellar. Cocktails took at least 15 minutes to arrive after ordering, and not as requested. Not wanting to wait longer, I did not tell the waitress but did when I ordered the second one. Salads were quite tasty, but the main courses arrived while still eating them. I ordered the scallops for the main course - nice presentation, but $30.00 for 3 scallops seemed exorbitant. Won't return anytime soon.Special Features:
- HankDined on 9/12/2014We were a party of three with two eating seafood and one eating braised boneless beef rib. Everything was perfectly prpared and delicious, and the service was impeccable. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- fromelmVIPDined on 9/6/2014The pate appetizer was good but to much for one person. The polenta fries were real good. The tilapia and white fish we had were very good. Our server Lynda was outstanding.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningRJS6675Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Parker's several times and always enjoy the food and the atmosphere! The chef always does a wonderful job and the service is great. The only issue we had this time was that we requested a table outside so we could enjoy the beautiful weather but it was too close to dusk and the Mosquitos made a feast out of us - other than that - we had a great evening!Special Features: