Parker's on Ponce
116 East Ponce de Leon Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Parker's on Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkersonponce.com/
- Phone: 4049242230x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen McGuffin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every night at 6:30pm
A word from Parker's on Ponce
Owned by brothers John-Thomas and Christopher Scott, Parker's on Ponce is Decatur's first independently owned steakhouse. The Scott family has always been extremely involved in the local community, including local government. The restaurant is named after John-Thomas' seven year old daughter, Parker. The whole family is often seen at the restaurant - it is not a business to them, but a home - and they treat guests of the restaurant as family as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker's on Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (56)fit for foodies (54)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (32)notable wine list (21)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great MealRaceFanDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I went for a nice dinner and yes we received one.Special Features:
- Kitchen Seating?countrycometotownDined on 10/25/2014This was a special occasion, so we made reservations in advance - which wouldn't have been necessary as it turns out. At 8 o'clock on a Saturday night there were still plenty of tables available. However, we were seated right next to the noisy kitchen .. which grew louder as the evening progressed. We didnt realize we were being seated there for a few minutes, and then didn't want to make a scene and change waiters, etc. by asking to be moved. (But, wish we had). If we had been seated at another location, it would have been perfect. Wonderful service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Saturday night specialGourmetettesVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been here many times, and the service and food are consistently outstanding. It was a beautiful autumn evening, and we enjoyed seafood bisque and our glasses of wine. My entree of crab encrusted grouper was rich and delicious. My husband enjoyed his surf and turf dish, with leftovers to take home. We were too full for dessert. We enjoyed people watching while sitting at an outdoor table.Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointingVIPDined on 10/19/2014Used to be one my go-to restaurants for good steaks at less than crazy Buckhead steakhouse prices. Sadly, this visit proved that the quality of the meat has been severely compromised, forcing one of our party to send it back because of toughness and the others all to remark that theirs were sinewy and tough. I imagine that they have decided to keep prices low (still not cheap) and the expense of quality. Too bad.
- Great service!happydinerDined on 10/18/2014YUM! food was excellent and cooked exactly to specifications, service was prompt and delightful!Special Features:
- Nice Dinner with friendsRaceFanDined on 10/18/2014We dined with friends. We were treated very nicely by all of the staff and the quality of the steaks was exceptional. The bread pudding was very special also.Special Features:
- very nice dinning experiencejagomusicDined on 10/10/2014This made my third time dining at Parkers & will definitely continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJaycekcDined on 10/10/2014It was a pleasure. Everyone was so kind and service was quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute restaurant in DecaturCuteDined on 10/7/2014We went for our 1 yr anniversary. Nice ambiance. Great customer service. Food was okay...just small portions for the money.Special Features:
- Great waitstaff, horrible kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Outstanding service from our waiter I'd have given this place one star. Reservation at 5, arrived on time, greeted pleasantly, seated immediately. Waiter came immediately, explained the specials well and took drink order. Came back and explained the kitchen had forgotten to make bread. Took our orders and 45 min later came back to explain the kitchen had forgotten to turn on their printer and had not started anyone's meals. 15 min later he brought our orders -- steak over cooked, Brussels sprout side not cooked at all. He took the side back but, while eating the lobster mac & cheese we found a quarter size chunk of shell. The waiter and manager did their best to make up for the kitchen so we will try another time.
- Wonderful find in Decatur!BMitchVIPDined on 10/3/2014Everything about this place is nice, from the hostess to the server to the food! My husband and I dined here for his birthday and both got the 10 oz filet mignon steak plus sides. Everything was cooked to order and the taste/quality of the steak was superb. Our salads before dinner were delicious and the fresh bread they served before dinner was delightful. Everyone has a garlic mashed potato offering these days, but Parker's takes it to the next level. Be prepared to be wowedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1,000 point table offer bewarechrismm1978VIPDined on 9/30/2014Appetizers=B, steaks=A, sides=C, drinks=C. Biggest gripe here is booking a 1,000 point table to be told by server I could not order off of their weeks special fix prix menu.
- Enjoyed itWoodyfromAlabamaDined on 9/29/2014Went during restaurant appreciation week. I got in on a three course special: had a 16 oz. boneless ribeye, a large cup of prime rib chili, and a mixed berry New York cheesecake for $35. It was tremendous value, and my steak was cooked to the perfect temperature: well seasoned and delicious.Special Features:
- Hate it's taken so long to visitchristyalexDined on 9/29/2014Absolutely awesome experience. It didn't hurt that we visited during restaurant week and on a night when bottles of wine were half off (monday) Definitely will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food @ Parker'sDecaturiteDined on 9/27/2014the food was delicious and the service was great. I'm not a fan of live music, but we were seated far enough away and the music was solo piano and non obtrusive.Special Features:
- Old School service/food-good thing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous dinner of seafood & steak. Mac & Cheese is a meal in itself. Excellent cocktails. Attentive but not intrusive service. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always excellent!kathyVIPDined on 9/23/2014I love the food and the staff is so friendly. I have never had a bad experience or bad meal. Have always eaten outside here so i don't know what it's like on the inside. The have the addition of a pet squirrel who lives on the deck. Just pull off some bread and toss it and he'll behave! Would definitely recommend Parker's to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSLSDSDined on 9/21/2014We splurged a bit as was my husband's birthday. we ordered a mussel appetizer to share which was stupendous with a corn and bacon broth. We followed with classic Bibb wedge salads and then had the prime rib. All was excellent. Asked for a creme brulee for dessert, it was topped with fresh berries and restaurant actually did not charge for it (called it a birthday gift)Special Features:
- ExcellentfuzzypeachDined on 9/21/2014Very nice dinner. Waitress very nice. Food was good. The salmon was good though the corn casserole almost overwhelmed it. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice Local AlternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/20/2014This is a nice local alternative to the "chain" steakhouse (Capital Grille, Ruth Chris, etc). The experience was very pleasant overall. We were seated immediately on arrival, the service was attentive and engaging but still felt genuine, and the food was tasty. Certainly, if you're looking for something adventurous or extremely creative, this is not the place, but for those "steak and potatoes" folks, this fits the bill. The preparation on the steak and chicken was spot-on, and the flavors were good. Maybe a bit on the expensive side, but good experience overall.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerWeekendDinerDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed nice dining outside with party of 4. Made reservation and they seated us immediately. Fried Okra appetizer was yummy. Steaks were good, great setting and fantastic service. Smoked peanut butter ice cream was to die for. We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing. Enough Said.NzingaDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Better service. Lovely ambience. Nothing to say except we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueannDined on 9/16/2014This was my first visit to Parker's on Ponce and I couldn't have been more delighted. Had some clients in from New York and they thought this was some of the best food they've had. So glad that my son recommended this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!KathyDined on 9/12/2014Chosen from the Open Table list of restaurants in Decatur this restaurant was a nice surprise. Appetizers and meat dishes were outstanding. Our server was very helpful and friendly. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTablePersonDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I went here for date-night. It was pretty nice inside, with a few specific rooms for dining. When we arrived on time for our reservation, we were asked to wait at the bar because we had chosen a 1000 point time. I didn't know about this, but about 20 minutes later we were able to sit at a table. Even for a Thursday, it wasn't very crowded, so we could hear the other 2 tables next to us pretty well, but we managed to focus on our food and each other. The filet's were pretty good. Service was wonderful, and our server was great. May or may not go back, but it was a good place to try.Special Features:
- Always TopsTarbyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great place to go. Usually get the Portehouse for two. This time opted for the 20 hour braised Short Rib and the Salmon. Both outstanding. Split the Pecan Pie ala mode for dessert. Great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good for Dinner and FriendsMarcNDined on 9/7/2014This is a steak and seafood lovers dream without the Chops price! This is the 5 time we have gone to Parker's with friends and it was great. The steak and fish were done to perfection. Parker's bartenders make a great mixed drink and our server took great care . This will not be the last time we go to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!AwesomeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Out dinner is always awesome here! We never had dessert here, and they are just as good and our main courses. We are a frequent visitors and will continue to return.Special Features:
- nanabarbnanabarbDined on 9/6/2014We wanted something new and decided Decatur held some appeal. We went with another couple to celebrate our anniversaries. To our surprise, a fixed price menu was available that met our needs, salad, steak and dessert. My filet mignon was perfectly cooked. The guys had the ribeye and there were no complaints. The server was attentive and not pushy. We had a great meal and have already recommended Parker's on Ponce to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterJoeyDined on 9/6/2014The filet mignon was cooked to perfection. Mushrooms exquisite, cheese cake scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodCarolynPDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times now and have never had a bad experience. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDined on 9/5/2014We had a great server and the food was delicious. Loved that bourbon lemon drink to! Try the dates wrapped in bacon... YumSpecial Features:
- Just what we were looking forliamottoDined on 8/30/2014We wanted a nice steak dinner at a quiet low key place. Parker's fit the bill. The waiter we had, Mick, was just right. He was knowledgeable about the wines and the menu. He gave us spot on unobtrusive service. They have Scoutmob deals from time to time and 1000 points on Open Table for some days and times. Combine these and you get a pretty good deal. No free parking! Next time we take MARTA.
- EllenDined on 8/29/2014Our food was excellent that evening. The evening was a special occasion which was made clear during the reservation process, however, no mention of the occasion was made. The 18th birthday celebration was not even acknowledged by the restaurant at all. Thought that was a bit unusual. An I was seated in the back room again. I don't really like this room as much as sitting in one of the two front rooms. I didn't request any particular table though so that one is on me.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceLaidBackDinerDined on 8/28/2014Have been to Parker's on Ponce three or four times in the last couple of years, and every experience has been outstanding.Special Features:
- Out of Town Client MeetingUniversityReviewDined on 8/26/2014Had a client come in to town for a meeting and was staying in Decatur. Having limited visits to local restaurants and wanted to make sure we met at a relatively quiet restaurant with a reputation for great steaks and service found Parker's on Ponce to be listed with those reviews so decided to take a chance. It turned out to be all of the above and more. From the beginning of the restaurant experience everything was friendly, professional, quiet and great food and service to came out with a 5 Star rating for me and my client. Everyone agreed we would be back for another great evening at Parker's when in Decatur!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing salads, poor French friesLocalProfDined on 8/26/2014We went to celebrate a birthday, and both liked the look of the prix fixe menu. The house salad with feta cheese, peppered bacon, and a mild vinaigrette dressing was one of the best I've ever tasted; a lovely combination of flavors and textures. My wife was equally enthusiastic about the Caesar salad. The steaks (one rib eye and one filet mignon) were excellent, but the French fries were a disappointment: not crispy. Creme brûlée for dessert was a shade on the sweet side, but extremely tasty. Waiters attentive, mood quiet, chairs comfortable, and there were no noisy or fretful children, which contributed to a very pleasant and relaxing evening. We both ate more than twice our usual daily calorie intake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014As always --- perfection!!! As always --- delicious!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDMMCVIPDined on 8/23/2014We visit Parker's often and had a great experience this time. Our waitress, Marissa, was first class. She was very knowledgeable of the menu and food selections. Best service we have had at this restaurant yet. Food was great. Dessert very tasty. Overall a great experience at Parker's.Special Features:
- Not bad, a tad overpriced.MajorCrunchDined on 8/23/2014This is a steakhouse, so nothing here is really going to blow your mind. They have a handful of different cuts of beef and a decent selection of seafood options. It's pretty much, pick your cut of meat, pick how you want it cooked, pick your sauce and that's that. Nothing wrong with it, but you could go to longhorns and get the same quality product for cheaper. If you're into dining that's inventive or creative or in any way outside of the norm, this is not for you. If you want a nice glass of wine or scotch(they have a great scotch selection) check it out. I will say my steak was over done. I ordered it medium rare and they gave me a medium well steak. It was also on the salty side which was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.