Parker's on Ponce
116 East Ponce de Leon Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Parker's on Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkersonponce.com/
- Phone: 4049242230
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Hartshorn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every night at 6:30pm
A word from Parker's on Ponce
Owned by brothers John-Thomas and Christopher Scott, Parker's on Ponce is Decatur's first independently owned steakhouse. The Scott family has always been extremely involved in the local community, including local government. The restaurant is named after John-Thomas' seven year old daughter, Parker. The whole family is often seen at the restaurant - it is not a business to them, but a home - and they treat guests of the restaurant as family as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker's on Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (73)romantic (56)fit for foodies (54)great for outdoor dining (49)good for groups (38)notable wine list (22)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)Show More
- Love this restaurant!KathyDined on 9/12/2014Chosen from the Open Table list of restaurants in Decatur this restaurant was a nice surprise. Appetizers and meat dishes were outstanding. Our server was very helpful and friendly. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTablePersonDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I went here for date-night. It was pretty nice inside, with a few specific rooms for dining. When we arrived on time for our reservation, we were asked to wait at the bar because we had chosen a 1000 point time. I didn't know about this, but about 20 minutes later we were able to sit at a table. Even for a Thursday, it wasn't very crowded, so we could hear the other 2 tables next to us pretty well, but we managed to focus on our food and each other. The filet's were pretty good. Service was wonderful, and our server was great. May or may not go back, but it was a good place to try.Special Features:
- Always TopsTarbyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great place to go. Usually get the Portehouse for two. This time opted for the 20 hour braised Short Rib and the Salmon. Both outstanding. Split the Pecan Pie ala mode for dessert. Great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good for Dinner and FriendsMarcNDined on 9/7/2014This is a steak and seafood lovers dream without the Chops price! This is the 5 time we have gone to Parker's with friends and it was great. The steak and fish were done to perfection. Parker's bartenders make a great mixed drink and our server took great care . This will not be the last time we go to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!AwesomeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Out dinner is always awesome here! We never had dessert here, and they are just as good and our main courses. We are a frequent visitors and will continue to return.Special Features:
- nanabarbnanabarbDined on 9/6/2014We wanted something new and decided Decatur held some appeal. We went with another couple to celebrate our anniversaries. To our surprise, a fixed price menu was available that met our needs, salad, steak and dessert. My filet mignon was perfectly cooked. The guys had the ribeye and there were no complaints. The server was attentive and not pushy. We had a great meal and have already recommended Parker's on Ponce to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterJoeyDined on 9/6/2014The filet mignon was cooked to perfection. Mushrooms exquisite, cheese cake scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodCarolynPDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times now and have never had a bad experience. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We had a great server and the food was delicious. Loved that bourbon lemon drink to! Try the dates wrapped in bacon... YumSpecial Features:
- Just what we were looking forliamottoDined on 8/30/2014We wanted a nice steak dinner at a quiet low key place. Parker's fit the bill. The waiter we had, Mick, was just right. He was knowledgeable about the wines and the menu. He gave us spot on unobtrusive service. They have Scoutmob deals from time to time and 1000 points on Open Table for some days and times. Combine these and you get a pretty good deal. No free parking! Next time we take MARTA.
- EllenDined on 8/29/2014Our food was excellent that evening. The evening was a special occasion which was made clear during the reservation process, however, no mention of the occasion was made. The 18th birthday celebration was not even acknowledged by the restaurant at all. Thought that was a bit unusual. An I was seated in the back room again. I don't really like this room as much as sitting in one of the two front rooms. I didn't request any particular table though so that one is on me.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceLaidBackDinerDined on 8/28/2014Have been to Parker's on Ponce three or four times in the last couple of years, and every experience has been outstanding.Special Features:
- Out of Town Client MeetingUniversityReviewDined on 8/26/2014Had a client come in to town for a meeting and was staying in Decatur. Having limited visits to local restaurants and wanted to make sure we met at a relatively quiet restaurant with a reputation for great steaks and service found Parker's on Ponce to be listed with those reviews so decided to take a chance. It turned out to be all of the above and more. From the beginning of the restaurant experience everything was friendly, professional, quiet and great food and service to came out with a 5 Star rating for me and my client. Everyone agreed we would be back for another great evening at Parker's when in Decatur!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing salads, poor French friesLocalProfDined on 8/26/2014We went to celebrate a birthday, and both liked the look of the prix fixe menu. The house salad with feta cheese, peppered bacon, and a mild vinaigrette dressing was one of the best I've ever tasted; a lovely combination of flavors and textures. My wife was equally enthusiastic about the Caesar salad. The steaks (one rib eye and one filet mignon) were excellent, but the French fries were a disappointment: not crispy. Creme brûlée for dessert was a shade on the sweet side, but extremely tasty. Waiters attentive, mood quiet, chairs comfortable, and there were no noisy or fretful children, which contributed to a very pleasant and relaxing evening. We both ate more than twice our usual daily calorie intake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014As always --- perfection!!! As always --- delicious!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDMMCVIPDined on 8/23/2014We visit Parker's often and had a great experience this time. Our waitress, Marissa, was first class. She was very knowledgeable of the menu and food selections. Best service we have had at this restaurant yet. Food was great. Dessert very tasty. Overall a great experience at Parker's.Special Features:
- Not bad, a tad overpriced.MajorCrunchDined on 8/23/2014This is a steakhouse, so nothing here is really going to blow your mind. They have a handful of different cuts of beef and a decent selection of seafood options. It's pretty much, pick your cut of meat, pick how you want it cooked, pick your sauce and that's that. Nothing wrong with it, but you could go to longhorns and get the same quality product for cheaper. If you're into dining that's inventive or creative or in any way outside of the norm, this is not for you. If you want a nice glass of wine or scotch(they have a great scotch selection) check it out. I will say my steak was over done. I ordered it medium rare and they gave me a medium well steak. It was also on the salty side which was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker's // just right for dinnerShaykenVIPDined on 8/22/2014Pleasant, food reasonable for the price -- our waitress was "Ebony" and she was superSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice and quiet weeknightrchl6313Dined on 8/21/2014this place is great. always good food great service.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining and eventsDinoDined on 8/16/2014After an incredible wedding rehersal diner for 70 here we took the now 2 month-married couple back for dinner. Individual dining was as wonderful as the group event. At the group event our guests commented that the steak was one of the best they've ever had, I have to agree, shrimp & grits was equally outstanding. Vegitarian lasagna with fresh made pasta was excellent. Try the bacon wrapped figs an an appetizer, become a new favorite for us. The group event was non-alcoholic and their "moc-alcoholic drinks were a huge success. At this 4 person dinner we got to sample the offerings from the bar and were again impressed with how imaginitive and enjoyable the drink selection is. A top shelf dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Family Birthday DinnerJGdiningoutDined on 8/16/2014Parkers on Ponce is our favorite place for special family dinners. The front room is beautiful with a view of the Decatur Courthouse. Started with the cheese platter for the table - it offered a tasty sampling of meats, cheese & bread which served the entire table of 6. The wine and beer selections were excellent. Those who ordered salmon said it was the "best they'd ever had!" Steak was cooked to perfection. Salmon and trout entrees delicious. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and thorough. If you're looking for a wonderful evening out - with excellent food - Parker's is the perfect choice.Special Features:
- RobertDined on 8/10/2014We've been dining at Parker's since it opened and this was our worst experience ever. I booked for a special event for a group of four. Food was OK, service marginal. The restaurant was not busy (a Sunday evening). You e-mailed my wife a birthday special coupon, which we presented to our server when we were seated. After the meal was complete, he returned to me with the coupon and told me you would not honor it because two of the four in our party had ordered from the prix fixe menu. The cost was not an issue, but both my guests and I were embarrassed by his behavior and attitude. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Maybe it was because I had a grass-fed steak, but my medium-rare was more medium-well. Service wasn't terrible or great-- the bread never came out after we were told it was coming, they kept switching our orders around (I got my husband's appetizer and I got his; I got his 16 oz, he got my 12 oz). I would come back here again, but only if everywhere else in Decatur was fully booked.
- DecaturKatDined on 8/4/2014I highly recommend the pecan pie bourbon sundae with caramel.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationAmydDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a birthday with a small group of people, one of whom is a chef. The service was excellent and the food was great. We will focus on the appetizers if we return. I will admit that after trying a variety of appetizers I was slightly disappointed in the meal itself but part of that was that I ordered something I normally wouldn't have tried. It was a great place for a special occasion. I would also like to return to dine outside. When we left, the patio area looked like a nice spot to eat too.Special Features:
- EatWellVIPDined on 7/31/2014The lobster Oscar was out of this world! Both my friend and I ordered it, her on the rare side and me well done. Both arrived cooked to perfection, as requested, and mouth-watering delicious! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary restaurant.FranklydecaturDined on 7/26/2014This is pretty much where we go for our annual steak. People watch on the patio, enjoy great food and professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityTableOpenerDined on 7/25/2014Parker's on Ponce delivers consistent quality. The food is always topnotch, flavorful, and interesting. I tried the Kangaroo as a special steak item. It was scrumptious and accompanied by a delicious combo of crispy fried potato cakes and asparagus. My drink of choice was the Arnold Palmer. Everything was excellent. The ambiance was perfect for a Friday night. We always love the jazz piano which is played in the background. We will definitely visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite simply amazingEatsDined on 7/21/2014I ate here for the first time a few days ago and will definitely return. My boyfriend and I shared the porterhouse for two, black truffled Mac n cheese (omg), and a wedge salad. I could make a meal out of the Mac n cheese alone. It's a "must try"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Our favorite Atlanta restaurant for the past several years, excellent food, wine, service and lucky us, only ten minutes away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014As always, perfect! As always, such a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience!NancySDined on 7/19/2014The service was very good and the food was excellent! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker's on Ponce is just okaydiningdiva6Dined on 7/19/2014The food was actually pretty good. Everyone enjoyed their selection. There is just something not quite right with the ambience. It feels like it doesn't know if it wants to be casual dining or more upscale. But, the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceRobbyDined on 7/18/2014The hostes is not friendly at all, she doesn't seem happy doing her jobSpecial Features:
- wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014We celebrated our anniversary here. Everyone wished us happy anniversary. We were seated quickly in the area facing West Ponce de Leon. The server answered our questions about the items on the menu. We had filet mignon & NY strip. Both cuts of meat were perfect. The meats were very tender and very tasty. The apetizer and potatoes were very good. We always have great meals at Parker's. We've never been disappointed there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingluv2eatDined on 7/14/2014First disappointment was the menu that is currently on their website hasn't been updated & a few of the items we were looking forward to were no longer available. The appetizer of short ribs in the piquillo pepper was one of the smallest portions I have ever seen. We asked for our cowboy cut ribeye medium & it was practically raw. The brussel sprouts were very undercooked. The hash browns were not hash browns and the onions were overpowering. The presentation of the food was awful.Special Features:
- Sunday = Prime RibLadySharonDined on 7/13/2014If you're a Prime Rib lover, Sunday is Parker Prime Rib and the chance to have one of the cities best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed Parker's very much. Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, great service and ambiancedreammaker77Dined on 7/12/2014Let's start off with the positive. The service and ambiance were great! Also, the pianist was really talented. Now for the negative, the food is just ok and somewhat pricey.Special Features:
- Delicious. Loud in the front roomBigGDined on 7/10/2014The food was delicious. Our table had short rib stuffed peppers, sun dried tomato and artichoke dip, crab cakes and salmon tostada appetizers. They were all good, but the tostadas and peppers were extremely good. We had varied entrees and all were tasty. I had a T-bone steak that was delicious. Wound up bringing a good portion home. I did not find a dessert that caught my eye, but others had bread pudding and crème brulee that they enjoyed. The only downside was that we were in the front room with a very noisy table, which made it difficult to carry on a conversation with our dinner party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.