Parker's on Ponce
116 East Ponce de Leon Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Parker's on Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkersonponce.com/
- Phone: 4049242230
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Hartshorn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every night at 6:30pm
A word from Parker's on Ponce
Owned by brothers John-Thomas and Christopher Scott, Parker's on Ponce is Decatur's first independently owned steakhouse. The Scott family has always been extremely involved in the local community, including local government. The restaurant is named after John-Thomas' seven year old daughter, Parker. The whole family is often seen at the restaurant - it is not a business to them, but a home - and they treat guests of the restaurant as family as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker's on Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (57)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (35)notable wine list (26)great for brunch (17)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)Show More
- Outstanding dining and eventsDinoDined on 8/16/2014After an incredible wedding rehersal diner for 70 here we took the now 2 month-married couple back for dinner. Individual dining was as wonderful as the group event. At the group event our guests commented that the steak was one of the best they've ever had, I have to agree, shrimp & grits was equally outstanding. Vegitarian lasagna with fresh made pasta was excellent. Try the bacon wrapped figs an an appetizer, become a new favorite for us. The group event was non-alcoholic and their "moc-alcoholic drinks were a huge success. At this 4 person dinner we got to sample the offerings from the bar and were again impressed with how imaginitive and enjoyable the drink selection is. A top shelf dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Family Birthday DinnerJGdiningoutDined on 8/16/2014Parkers on Ponce is our favorite place for special family dinners. The front room is beautiful with a view of the Decatur Courthouse. Started with the cheese platter for the table - it offered a tasty sampling of meats, cheese & bread which served the entire table of 6. The wine and beer selections were excellent. Those who ordered salmon said it was the "best they'd ever had!" Steak was cooked to perfection. Salmon and trout entrees delicious. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and thorough. If you're looking for a wonderful evening out - with excellent food - Parker's is the perfect choice.Special Features:
- RobertDined on 8/10/2014We've been dining at Parker's since it opened and this was our worst experience ever. I booked for a special event for a group of four. Food was OK, service marginal. The restaurant was not busy (a Sunday evening). You e-mailed my wife a birthday special coupon, which we presented to our server when we were seated. After the meal was complete, he returned to me with the coupon and told me you would not honor it because two of the four in our party had ordered from the prix fixe menu. The cost was not an issue, but both my guests and I were embarrassed by his behavior and attitude. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Maybe it was because I had a grass-fed steak, but my medium-rare was more medium-well. Service wasn't terrible or great-- the bread never came out after we were told it was coming, they kept switching our orders around (I got my husband's appetizer and I got his; I got his 16 oz, he got my 12 oz). I would come back here again, but only if everywhere else in Decatur was fully booked.
- DecaturKatDined on 8/4/2014I highly recommend the pecan pie bourbon sundae with caramel.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationAmydDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a birthday with a small group of people, one of whom is a chef. The service was excellent and the food was great. We will focus on the appetizers if we return. I will admit that after trying a variety of appetizers I was slightly disappointed in the meal itself but part of that was that I ordered something I normally wouldn't have tried. It was a great place for a special occasion. I would also like to return to dine outside. When we left, the patio area looked like a nice spot to eat too.Special Features:
- EatWellVIPDined on 7/31/2014The lobster Oscar was out of this world! Both my friend and I ordered it, her on the rare side and me well done. Both arrived cooked to perfection, as requested, and mouth-watering delicious! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary restaurant.FranklydecaturDined on 7/26/2014This is pretty much where we go for our annual steak. People watch on the patio, enjoy great food and professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityTableOpenerDined on 7/25/2014Parker's on Ponce delivers consistent quality. The food is always topnotch, flavorful, and interesting. I tried the Kangaroo as a special steak item. It was scrumptious and accompanied by a delicious combo of crispy fried potato cakes and asparagus. My drink of choice was the Arnold Palmer. Everything was excellent. The ambiance was perfect for a Friday night. We always love the jazz piano which is played in the background. We will definitely visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite simply amazingEatsDined on 7/21/2014I ate here for the first time a few days ago and will definitely return. My boyfriend and I shared the porterhouse for two, black truffled Mac n cheese (omg), and a wedge salad. I could make a meal out of the Mac n cheese alone. It's a "must try"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsFoodieDined on 7/20/2014Our favorite Atlanta restaurant for the past several years, excellent food, wine, service and lucky us, only ten minutes away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014As always, perfect! As always, such a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience!NancySDined on 7/19/2014The service was very good and the food was excellent! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker's on Ponce is just okaydiningdiva6Dined on 7/19/2014The food was actually pretty good. Everyone enjoyed their selection. There is just something not quite right with the ambience. It feels like it doesn't know if it wants to be casual dining or more upscale. But, the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceRobbyDined on 7/18/2014The hostes is not friendly at all, she doesn't seem happy doing her jobSpecial Features:
- wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014We celebrated our anniversary here. Everyone wished us happy anniversary. We were seated quickly in the area facing West Ponce de Leon. The server answered our questions about the items on the menu. We had filet mignon & NY strip. Both cuts of meat were perfect. The meats were very tender and very tasty. The apetizer and potatoes were very good. We always have great meals at Parker's. We've never been disappointed there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingluv2eatDined on 7/14/2014First disappointment was the menu that is currently on their website hasn't been updated & a few of the items we were looking forward to were no longer available. The appetizer of short ribs in the piquillo pepper was one of the smallest portions I have ever seen. We asked for our cowboy cut ribeye medium & it was practically raw. The brussel sprouts were very undercooked. The hash browns were not hash browns and the onions were overpowering. The presentation of the food was awful.Special Features:
- Sunday = Prime RibLadySharonDined on 7/13/2014If you're a Prime Rib lover, Sunday is Parker Prime Rib and the chance to have one of the cities best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed Parker's very much. Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, great service and ambiancedreammaker77Dined on 7/12/2014Let's start off with the positive. The service and ambiance were great! Also, the pianist was really talented. Now for the negative, the food is just ok and somewhat pricey.Special Features:
- Delicious. Loud in the front roomBigGDined on 7/10/2014The food was delicious. Our table had short rib stuffed peppers, sun dried tomato and artichoke dip, crab cakes and salmon tostada appetizers. They were all good, but the tostadas and peppers were extremely good. We had varied entrees and all were tasty. I had a T-bone steak that was delicious. Wound up bringing a good portion home. I did not find a dessert that caught my eye, but others had bread pudding and crème brulee that they enjoyed. The only downside was that we were in the front room with a very noisy table, which made it difficult to carry on a conversation with our dinner party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-range for an above average mealClanceVIPDined on 7/7/2014Parker's is right in the middle of the pack when it comes to satisfying a craving for steak. The food and service quality is a step above a Longhorn's or Outback for close to the same price, but definitely short of going all out for a prime cut of beef with a prime price tag attached to it, i.e. Morton's, NY Steakhouse or Rathbun's. I'm never disappointed with dining at Parker's. The staff, decor and food are very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceCCR060912VIPDined on 7/5/2014We tried this place on a whim and were very happy with the choice. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were large. For a nice date, I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- DinnerGregVIPDined on 7/5/2014Spent a well deserved night out with friends . Food was well prepared and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ChoiceJoshuaDined on 6/28/2014I've driven past the restaurant so many times, but I really just noticed that it wasn't Mick's anymore. On Saturday we needed a special place to celebrate a birthday that none of the 5 of us had been to before. We were able to get a reservation and we had one of the best dinners I have ever had. Our server, Mick, was fantastic. He was professional, engaging and contributed to it being a great evening just as much as the food. I would highly recommend Parker's.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedHappyeatingDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I were looking for somewhere new to eat for our 34th anniversary. We wanted something classy but comfortable. Parkers fit the bill. The service was excellent. I got the rib eye,which was very good,my husband got the T bone and said it was outstanding. We highly recommend Parkers. Oh, and lastly I had the pecan pie dessert with.... Well you'll just have to see for yourself. Needless to say I'd return just for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServicePrimusDined on 6/27/2014It was our first time at Parkers. Parking seemed like a problem but found out there is a parking deck directly behind the establishment. Great location and when we were finished dinning we were able to walk around some of the local shops. Service was excellent and there were multiple people who were assisting. My glass stayed full. The steak was excellent. I can only brag on the ribeye and it was full of flavor. Easy to get to and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Rathbun's!Foodie722VIPDined on 6/21/2014Best kept secret! Incredible food!!! Best steaks in Atlanta! Bacon wrapped dates are a must, as well as, the salmon tostada appetizer. The back room lacks design and ambience, but the food is worth it! Great outdoor seating. Our waiter was attentive and professional. Great experience all together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak LoveDancerDined on 6/15/2014We had the Porter House for two ... So tender and flavorful you did not need a knife or anything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Fantasychefmattie01Dined on 6/15/2014We always enjoy our night out at Parker's. We discovered the restaurant several year ago and have introduced several friends and family to Parker's. The lunch is delectable and the dinners stupendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed4MooreDined on 6/15/2014Great dining choice for Father's Day. Our reservation was for 5pm and we were seated promptly. Our server Mick was outstanding! He was very attentive. He and other staff members made sure we had everything we needed for our dining experience. The food was delicious and the drinks were great as well.Special Features:
- Charming gemMtownLadyDined on 6/15/2014I wanted to try something new for my husband for Father's Day and he was pleased. I enjoyed the selection of food, the ambiance, the friendliness from the 'wait staff" and the location. It was a very nice experience. I would visit the restaurant again...probably at night for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normally enjoy, buffet is fair!ReneeDined on 6/15/2014I have always enjoyed eating at Parker's on Ponce, a little pricey for a regular eating place but great for special occasions. I did find at the brunch was fair with the one problem that the food was not kept warm enough at the buffet. No one wants to eat luke warm food that is supposed to be hot. Other than that the selection of food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceCrystalDined on 6/14/2014We had an enjoyable time at Parker’s on Ponce, I would definitely recommend this to others. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Awesome place for a great steak to celebrate any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StewieDanannDined on 6/14/2014Great dining experience-good food and service. Will definitely return when next I am in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicedinomiteDined on 6/13/2014My partner and I dined there on Friday night and had a wonderful experience. The food and service were just terrific. We are looking forward to going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitDdeliciousDined on 6/11/2014Finally made dinner reservations to celebrate an early Father's day. Had an awesome dinner, from appetizer, entree,sides! Our server was quite knowledgeable and helped us with our choices-we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentMeganDined on 6/8/2014Parker's on Ponce consistently delivers great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Debbie's BirthdaymjayDined on 6/8/2014As always great, food friendly staff, very tasty and uncommon libations. Our meals, Smoked Salmon Tostadas (with jalapeño cream cheese, meyer lemon vinaigrette), Prince Edward Island Mussels ( Thai curry-coconut milk broth, kaffir lime) for starters were perfectly prepared and presented. Next we enjoyed Salmon Steak with pomegranate barbecue, mango salsa, scallion mashed potatoes and 14oz Rack of Lamb Chops. Again these were outstanding in taste and presentation. Parkers is simply a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.