Parker's on Ponce
116 East Ponce de Leon Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Parker's on Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkersonponce.com/
- Phone: (404) 924-2230
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen McGuffin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every night at 6:30pm
A word from Parker's on Ponce
Owned by brothers John-Thomas and Christopher Scott, Parker's on Ponce is Decatur's first independently owned steakhouse. The Scott family has always been extremely involved in the local community, including local government. The restaurant is named after John-Thomas' seven year old daughter, Parker. The whole family is often seen at the restaurant - it is not a business to them, but a home - and they treat guests of the restaurant as family as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker's on Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (75)romantic (60)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (32)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We go to Parker's often. The staff is friendly and professional. The ambiance is quiet and elegant with out being stuffy. We always have the cheese plate, which differs from week to week but is always good. The fun is deciding what else we are going to eat. We have yet to find anything we don't like. The Spring Mountain chicken in various forms is always tender and flavorful. We typically share the cheese plate and then split an entree two ways. This is plenty of food. We like everything we have tried. And save room for creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was AWESOME. Dinner was EXCELLENT.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Server was AWESOME. Dinner was EXCELLENT. Everything together made my evening AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!!!!StacymonDined on 11/14/2014Everything was very good! My 86 year old Father CLEANED his plate! My 85 year old Mother did too!! My husband and I loved our meals and we all got desserts! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated My Anniversary RomanticsweetladyTDined on 11/8/2014Romantic, Fabulous Food and Desserts!, Good location for a nice romantic walk in the area after Dinner just AWESOME StaffSpecial Features:
- katnapDined on 11/8/2014Great food with courteous service in a sophisticated setting. Enjoyed date night with husband. Surrounded with lots of options for later bar hopping in the heart of Decatur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!decaturloverDined on 11/8/2014The food and service were outstanding! A definite go-to for a fantastic meal with family or friends.Special Features:
- Vastly ImprovedJGBKRBVIPDined on 11/8/2014We quit going to Parkers years ago because of poor overall service and a never-changing menu. We decided to give it another try and were very impressed with the menu, including specials, and the service, including a table-side visit by the manager. The only issue was Decatur's pathetic lack of parking, which is getting worse with each passing day, but that's not Parker's fault.Special Features:
- Love P on PLaGirlDined on 11/7/2014So sorry I don't remember our server's name. He was excellent; accommodating for grown-ups and granddaughter, who is 8. We sat in dining area near door so we could see and hear piano player, so maybe you can figure out who our server was. He worked out fried shrimp for our Chloe, and was engaging and helpful for her menu, a challenging feat! I enjoyed the grass fed beef. Our daughter, whose birthday it was, seemed to enjoy everything about the meal, including the cheesecake. We particularly enjoyed the piano player. Such a lovely touch. We hope to come back for drinks and music more often. Your menu is innovative, but there are still enough choices for those who are not so adventurous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurants.frequentdinerDined on 11/2/2014We have been to Parker's on Ponce many times and have found the food consistently good. We love the atmosphere and ambiance. We would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Management & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The service was excellent; my steak was salty as well as my wife's Lamb Chops. We didn't have time to send back for a redo because we were pressed for time. Brought situation to waitress' attention, she got front end manager who provided us with a $25 gift certificate as well credited our bill for the cost of the steak without any delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Mainstay!KittiDined on 10/31/2014We go to Parkers on Ponce when we don't want to risk anything, either in the environment or the food. It's always good. We're always treated well and the food is always exceptional.Special Features:
- FancyMikoluvsfoodDined on 10/30/2014The restaurant was very nice and ambient. The food was great as was the service. I've never heard of this place until I found it on scoutmob. I'm so glad I did. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday on Ponce2gals4rewiewDined on 10/30/2014We felt very welcomed and the food was better than we expected. We love Decatur and this will give us an excuse to visit more often. The flat Iron steak was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! & the NY Strip was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time hereLisaDined on 10/29/2014I cannot get enough of this place. Looking forward to going to wild game night on 11/05/2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyFrankiebabyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Waiter was not knowledgeable of menu items. Ordered stuffed chicken, nothing was stuffed on it. Manager din't take off bill even though they didn't prepare it per the menu description.Special Features:
- Great MealRaceFanDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I went for a nice dinner and yes we received one.Special Features:
- Kitchen Seating?countrycometotownDined on 10/25/2014This was a special occasion, so we made reservations in advance - which wouldn't have been necessary as it turns out. At 8 o'clock on a Saturday night there were still plenty of tables available. However, we were seated right next to the noisy kitchen .. which grew louder as the evening progressed. We didnt realize we were being seated there for a few minutes, and then didn't want to make a scene and change waiters, etc. by asking to be moved. (But, wish we had). If we had been seated at another location, it would have been perfect. Wonderful service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Saturday night specialGourmetettesVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been here many times, and the service and food are consistently outstanding. It was a beautiful autumn evening, and we enjoyed seafood bisque and our glasses of wine. My entree of crab encrusted grouper was rich and delicious. My husband enjoyed his surf and turf dish, with leftovers to take home. We were too full for dessert. We enjoyed people watching while sitting at an outdoor table.Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointingVIPDined on 10/19/2014Used to be one my go-to restaurants for good steaks at less than crazy Buckhead steakhouse prices. Sadly, this visit proved that the quality of the meat has been severely compromised, forcing one of our party to send it back because of toughness and the others all to remark that theirs were sinewy and tough. I imagine that they have decided to keep prices low (still not cheap) and the expense of quality. Too bad.
- Great service!happydinerDined on 10/18/2014YUM! food was excellent and cooked exactly to specifications, service was prompt and delightful!Special Features:
- Nice Dinner with friendsRaceFanDined on 10/18/2014We dined with friends. We were treated very nicely by all of the staff and the quality of the steaks was exceptional. The bread pudding was very special also.Special Features:
- very nice dinning experiencejagomusicDined on 10/10/2014This made my third time dining at Parkers & will definitely continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJaycekcDined on 10/10/2014It was a pleasure. Everyone was so kind and service was quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute restaurant in DecaturCuteDined on 10/7/2014We went for our 1 yr anniversary. Nice ambiance. Great customer service. Food was okay...just small portions for the money.Special Features:
- Great waitstaff, horrible kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Outstanding service from our waiter I'd have given this place one star. Reservation at 5, arrived on time, greeted pleasantly, seated immediately. Waiter came immediately, explained the specials well and took drink order. Came back and explained the kitchen had forgotten to make bread. Took our orders and 45 min later came back to explain the kitchen had forgotten to turn on their printer and had not started anyone's meals. 15 min later he brought our orders -- steak over cooked, Brussels sprout side not cooked at all. He took the side back but, while eating the lobster mac & cheese we found a quarter size chunk of shell. The waiter and manager did their best to make up for the kitchen so we will try another time.
- Wonderful find in Decatur!BMitchVIPDined on 10/3/2014Everything about this place is nice, from the hostess to the server to the food! My husband and I dined here for his birthday and both got the 10 oz filet mignon steak plus sides. Everything was cooked to order and the taste/quality of the steak was superb. Our salads before dinner were delicious and the fresh bread they served before dinner was delightful. Everyone has a garlic mashed potato offering these days, but Parker's takes it to the next level. Be prepared to be wowedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1,000 point table offer bewarechrismm1978VIPDined on 9/30/2014Appetizers=B, steaks=A, sides=C, drinks=C. Biggest gripe here is booking a 1,000 point table to be told by server I could not order off of their weeks special fix prix menu.
- Enjoyed itWoodyfromAlabamaDined on 9/29/2014Went during restaurant appreciation week. I got in on a three course special: had a 16 oz. boneless ribeye, a large cup of prime rib chili, and a mixed berry New York cheesecake for $35. It was tremendous value, and my steak was cooked to the perfect temperature: well seasoned and delicious.Special Features:
- Hate it's taken so long to visitchristyalexDined on 9/29/2014Absolutely awesome experience. It didn't hurt that we visited during restaurant week and on a night when bottles of wine were half off (monday) Definitely will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food @ Parker'sDecaturiteDined on 9/27/2014the food was delicious and the service was great. I'm not a fan of live music, but we were seated far enough away and the music was solo piano and non obtrusive.Special Features:
- Old School service/food-good thing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Fabulous dinner of seafood & steak. Mac & Cheese is a meal in itself. Excellent cocktails. Attentive but not intrusive service. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always excellent!kathyVIPDined on 9/23/2014I love the food and the staff is so friendly. I have never had a bad experience or bad meal. Have always eaten outside here so i don't know what it's like on the inside. The have the addition of a pet squirrel who lives on the deck. Just pull off some bread and toss it and he'll behave! Would definitely recommend Parker's to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSLSDSDined on 9/21/2014We splurged a bit as was my husband's birthday. we ordered a mussel appetizer to share which was stupendous with a corn and bacon broth. We followed with classic Bibb wedge salads and then had the prime rib. All was excellent. Asked for a creme brulee for dessert, it was topped with fresh berries and restaurant actually did not charge for it (called it a birthday gift)Special Features:
- ExcellentfuzzypeachDined on 9/21/2014Very nice dinner. Waitress very nice. Food was good. The salmon was good though the corn casserole almost overwhelmed it. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice Local AlternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/20/2014This is a nice local alternative to the "chain" steakhouse (Capital Grille, Ruth Chris, etc). The experience was very pleasant overall. We were seated immediately on arrival, the service was attentive and engaging but still felt genuine, and the food was tasty. Certainly, if you're looking for something adventurous or extremely creative, this is not the place, but for those "steak and potatoes" folks, this fits the bill. The preparation on the steak and chicken was spot-on, and the flavors were good. Maybe a bit on the expensive side, but good experience overall.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerWeekendDinerDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed nice dining outside with party of 4. Made reservation and they seated us immediately. Fried Okra appetizer was yummy. Steaks were good, great setting and fantastic service. Smoked peanut butter ice cream was to die for. We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing. Enough Said.NzingaDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Better service. Lovely ambience. Nothing to say except we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueannDined on 9/16/2014This was my first visit to Parker's on Ponce and I couldn't have been more delighted. Had some clients in from New York and they thought this was some of the best food they've had. So glad that my son recommended this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!KathyDined on 9/12/2014Chosen from the Open Table list of restaurants in Decatur this restaurant was a nice surprise. Appetizers and meat dishes were outstanding. Our server was very helpful and friendly. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTablePersonDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I went here for date-night. It was pretty nice inside, with a few specific rooms for dining. When we arrived on time for our reservation, we were asked to wait at the bar because we had chosen a 1000 point time. I didn't know about this, but about 20 minutes later we were able to sit at a table. Even for a Thursday, it wasn't very crowded, so we could hear the other 2 tables next to us pretty well, but we managed to focus on our food and each other. The filet's were pretty good. Service was wonderful, and our server was great. May or may not go back, but it was a good place to try.Special Features: