4824 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://parkersbistro.com/
- Phone: 3016546366
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for Home or Office, no job is too big or too small. Check our website for full catering menu.
- Entertainment: Offering live music on most Thursday, Fridays and Saturday. Call for tonight"s Band Information. Also, catch any game on our large HDTVs.
- Cross Street: Woodmont and Arlington
- Public Transit: Only two blocks from the Bethesda Metro. Exit to Wisconsin Ave and head south one block towards DC. Take a Rrght on Bethesda Ave through the light and we are on the left.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: One hour free parking directly behind the restaurant.
A word from Parker's
Serving great All American Cuisine in Bethesda for the past 18 years in a friendly neighborhood setting. Offering the best burgers and salads, as well as steaks and seafood. Our scratch kitchen only uses the best cuts of meat and local sustainable produce. All our meats are all natural and hormone free.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Decent Saturday BrunchheavenisagreatrestaurantDined on 8/17/2013Although not necessarily fit for foodies, Parker's is perfectly adequate for a budget-conscious brunch in Bethesda, where food can get pricey. We had a great table, and the service was very attentive. They do have an 18% tip already included in the price for parties 5 and up (I would check that, however), so I guess the service should be great. We didn't try the mimosas or Bloody Marys, so that may be an extra draw for some. Overall, no complaints at all.Special Features:
- Parkers for Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013Friendly service during our monthly girls night. Waitress was great! She gave suggestions on drinks, a free drink when the one ordered was unavailable, and was friendly even when a late friend arrived. Food was delicious. Drinks were strong. Atmosphere was pleasant and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is what it is...PhDivaDined on 7/20/2013... A decent place to get decent food at a not-too-expensive price in Bethesda.
- No go if no couponBethalaDined on 7/20/2013There really was no ambiance to speak of except for the giant old fashioned sports posters on the walls. But otherwise interior very bare bones. Could be because we were there early (5:30) on a Saturday nite and it wasn't crowded at all- just my husband and I and a party of 8. Anyway, found the prices very high and portions very small. My husband and I both ordered same $29.00 entree (scallops and crabmeat on a bed of spinach) and although tasty, too small. Also appetizer of mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes and basil was just meh- not very fresh tasting- have definitely had better and for a lower price than $11.00!!Special Features:
- This restaurant may be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2013This restaurant may be great for burgers and watching sports events but the ahi tuna was thick and gristly and the pasta my guest had was not even above average.
- The crab cakes were outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013The crab cakes were outstanding, and the homemade potato chips were a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is why the place is emptyNKI2013Dined on 6/20/2013Considering that our reservation was 7pm on a Thursday night in downtown Bethesda, we should have know the experience was going to be poor - there were less than 6 people at tables when we arrived. The service was slow and clearly inexperienced The food was horrible - from the chewy beef on the steak salad, to the no flavor blue cheese on the wedge salad to the chicken wings that has a funky smell. The prices were WAY overpriced for the quality of the food product Very dissapointing and our family left hungry after paying $100+ for (2) appetizers, and (2) entrees, (2) beers and (2) glasses of mediocre wineSpecial Features:
- Fathers Day OutdiningoutDined on 6/16/2013We decided to do a neighborhood restaurant for father's day, we had 8 people. Our server Anna, was great. We had the lime grilled chicken, great combination of flavor and texture. I liked the fresh avocado on top of the chicken. The Cajan pasta was good, shrimp was not rubbery, sausage had good flavor, dish was spicy but tasty. Meatloaf good as well, moist with flavor, green beans grilled perfect. Grilled chicken sandwich was moist and not dry and Hickory burger was good.as well, both had fresh toppings. Our only disappointment was that they ran out of ribs... I bring this up because our dining time was 5:30 and had already run out of main menu item. Our dessert, the key lime pie was so-so, but the shakes were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunch with the family!slowVIPDined on 6/16/2013We've been here several times for brunch with medium and large groups including kids and its always been great. Some items on the brunch menu are better than others, but they are all pretty good, and the mimosas and bloody marys are quite tasty as well! The staff is attentive and helpful, and the kids always enjoy coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingAndreaDined on 6/15/2013This was probably one of the worst meals I have ever had in a restaurant. The salad I ordered was completely unoriginal and tasteless. The meals my friends ordered were adequate, but only adequate. Such a wasted opportunity. I think they need a decent chef.Special Features:
- Parker's was funBrianDined on 5/26/2013It was fun. Lots of good walk streets and shops nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived on a Friday nightbajaDined on 4/26/2013We arrived on a Friday night to find it full of teenagers and extremely loud. We sat outside and had them closed the doors in order to dampen the noise -- helped a little. Shocked when ordered wine they served in Water glasses --- finally got wine glasses (not good sign). Good service and food.
- First time at Parkers, andSteveDined on 4/16/2013First time at Parkers, and the food was great. The waitress was incredible, checking on us often. The food was great too -- big portions and cooked well. I look forward to going back.
- We had a lovely brunch EasterJofBMDDined on 3/31/2013We had a lovely brunch Easter Sunday at Parker's. They have an imaginative and tasty brunch menu which we enjoyed very much.Special Features:
- Our server Katie was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Our server Katie was great. She and the kitchen accommodated our requests. Will definitely return.
- We went to Parker's for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013We went to Parker's for brunch on Easter with our 1 year old. It was not crowded, and very easy. We were seated quickly, the service was friendly, and the food was good. It's not a fancy "hot spot" which was to our advantage. We made the reservation last minute, and were very happy with our experience.Special Features:
- Had 7:30 dinner there SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Had 7:30 dinner there Saturday on a holiday weekend. Lots of empty tables, which made it nice and quiet, but I hope they get more business on a normal Saturday night. They deserve more. They gave me warm, tasty housemade potato chips to snack on while I waited for my friend. The service was terrific, food and wine delicious, price reasonable. The only odd thing about the place is that it's a huge, open hangarlike space (plain tiled floors, big old-timey printed posters on the walls, though with a DC sports theme). Our server told us it was not a chain restaurant. Didn't taste like one, but it sure felt like one.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013We selected Parker's for our group of 5 for my siblings's birthday. It was a first time experience for most of us and it far exceeded our expectations! We sat at the round table near the window and enjoyed watching the Bethesda passerbys as we conversed in family talk! Our waitress was fantastic and was very proactive in keeping our drinks filled. We all ordered from the 'specials' menu and basically cleaned our plates as the food was delicious!We look forward to returning for another memorable experience!!Special Features:
- Seated right away... decent serviceClaytonVIPDined on 3/16/2013This is a good place to get an available table...and that's what we needed. Overall not a destination to plan for, just to fill in the gap when shopping.
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013Had some very good food and listened to some very good live music.Special Features:
- I have been to Parker's aOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/22/2013I have been to Parker's a few times before but typically at Happy Hour. Reasonably priced drinks and some app. specials. On this occassion, a table was available on short notice after we saw a movie. The menu was diverse. I had steak tips in mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes. It was good and filling. When we were finishing a band was setting up so we got a bottle of wine and decided to enjoy a few tunes before calling it a nite. The restaurant completed dinner service and converted to a large bar. The place was somewhat pack and the band, although not my style were good. All in all a pleasant niteSpecial Features:
- It was a quiet night despiteGoodfood123VIPDined on 2/14/2013It was a quiet night despite being valentine's day. Not an overly romantic place but the salads were decent, the waitress very nice and overall it was just fine.Special Features:
- exceptional service and food.KennethDined on 1/10/2013exceptional service and food. looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Two visits = a great lunch and a fantastic dinner. The delicious food, value and trendy location and atmosphere make Parker's a new favorite of mine.Special Features:
- Awesome Burgers!Niff1010Dined on 12/31/2012My group of six took advantage of the Monday evening Burger special (buy one get another for $0.99). Everyone in the group thought that the burgers were the best we had in the Bethesda area. Service was friendly. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Our waitress was especiallyAdmirerDined on 12/31/2012Our waitress was especially nice . i do not remember her name , but she wore a ponytail.Special Features:
- Taste Bud TravelsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Not only were the food and wine spectacular, but our service was impeccable. Our server was socially adept enough to realize when extra conversation was enjoyed and also when to not interrupt. Every bite of food was scrumptious. We started with a beef chislic that was more tender than most steaks I have at other restaurants. That was then followed with a Caesar salad that left no complaints. For the main course, I chose the scallops and my companion chose the grouper. After sharing bites of each, we promptly traded and continued to share our main courses. My taste buds traveled to exotic locations during the main course and refused to come back! Finally, we shared a slice of cheesecake to end our dining experience!Special Features:
- Parkers is a reliable pick,businesspersonDined on 11/10/2012Parkers is a reliable pick, the food is good and you can usually get a table. It works for kids and the prices are reasonable. That said, it is not usually my first choice in Bethesda.
- Went to Parker's with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2012Went to Parker's with a group of teen girls. They loved that they could order milkshakes. The salads and burgers were OK, nothing special. The mixed drinks for the adults were very tasty but a bit overpriced ($11 for a martini, really?). We were seated near the door, which was annoying because, despite the enclosure, you would still feel the breeze whenever someone walked in. Our server was lovely and appropriately attentive.Special Features:
- Food was very good. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Food was very good. Restaurant was a little cold. Import beer costs are too high. Bread plates but no bread offered. Will visit again.Special Features:
- Love the wait staff and servers,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2012Love the wait staff and servers, always have good food, and welcome kids.Special Features:
- Bring back the chicken potOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2012Bring back the chicken pot pie!!! I was SO sad when the waiter told me that the chicken pot pie was taken off the menu :( I'm crossing my fingers for its return.Special Features:
- We have been to Parker's severalDiane102360Dined on 9/21/2012We have been to Parker's several times-it never disappoints! Great neighborhood bistro!!Special Features:
- Variety of dinner optionsWashingtonDCDined on 9/14/2012Variety of dinner options on the menu. Delicious Salmon Salad. Great service with waiter Trevor. He was incredibly helpful, cheerful and professional. Looking forward to returning soon. Thanks.Special Features:
- We were a party of 7 and allOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2012We were a party of 7 and all of us loved our meals. Food is better than last time I ate there and prices are reasonable considering it's downtown Bethesda. We were served and out the door in an hour. Restaurant space has been reorganized so it would now be a great spot for a group happy hour.Special Features:
- We went for brunch and hadmelvisfDined on 7/7/2012We went for brunch and had plenty of space and options for the group, even the dairy-free and vegetarian folks found something. The restaurant was well-located and set up. The food and service were solid, but nothing special. The biscuits were good, but a little dry; some jam would be nice :)Special Features:
- There's nothing special aboutGuyPVIPDined on 6/26/2012There's nothing special about this restaurant. Very standard fare. Plus parking to get there is problematic.
- Ok placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012The host was excellent, though the food quality and service was not good.Special Features:
- Casual, Good Food, & Kid Friendly!CustomerServiceSnobVIPDined on 6/8/2012Parker's is a casual restaurant that has consistantly good food, cocktails, very friendly service, & It's wonderful for kids! My faves are the Ahi Tuna, Tomato-Lager soup, & the fried onions that come w/ the steak are to die for! We have always had friendly - very friendly servers who really worked hard to accomodate us & our children. It's in downtown Bethesda, next to Georgetown Cupcakes. If you get a table looking out, you can people watch. I think they have outdoor seating as well. If you feel like a sweet treat after, you can walk right into the line to Georgetown Cupcakes!:)Special Features:
- Saturday brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2012Excellent egg/brunch dishes; diner ambience. For Saturday brunch we opted for indoors (quieter). One disappointment was thata Bloody Mary bar is advertised and we expected to be given our vodka in a glass with the chance to then go "build" our own Bloody Mary drinks (as at other restaurants that tout Bloody Mary bars), but the waitress brought our drinks already made. We expressed surprise and told her we came thinking that part of the fun would be to build our own. The wait-staff should be told to ASK the patrons their preference and not make assumptions. Otherwise our waitress was OK -just not as attentive as she should have been (e.g., brought our check before asking if we would like coffee - which we did want).Special Features: