Parker & Quinn
64 W. 39th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parker & Quinn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkerandquinnnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127290277
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6-10am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-4pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 4-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Forrest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar
A word from Parker & Quinn
A 1920s-themed restaurant nestled in the heart of the Garment District. Serving fresh, seasonal American Fare, Executive Chef Jeffrey Forrest brings over 25 years of experience to the Parker & Quinn team - with positions at some of Manhattan’s most notable kitchens, including the Soho Grand Hotel, the Plaza Food Hall by Todd English, and Park Avenue Tavern. The eclectic cocktail list, created by world renowned mixologist Alex Ott, presents a twist on classic cocktails, focusing on fresh fruit and herbs and artisanal brands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker & Quinn reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (48)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (45)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (32)late-night find (12)great for brunch (10)romantic (8)special occasion (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent addition to midtown westnycdinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014the restaurant was a fabulous surprise. not only is it super cute, the food was excellent and the service was attentive. definitely strongly recommed it.Special Features:
- Change of menu not appealingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This is usually a safe pick yet I was disappointed with my last visit. The chicken was a little bland and the mashed potatoes were watery. The chef needs to bring back the asparagus and corn as side dishes. Service was MUCH better than during the last 2 visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014wonderful! Great food and great atmosphere!! mushroom pasta was amazing.Special Features:
- Treated like royaltyAnnieDined on 10/14/2014Made an online reservation for lunch one day ahead with a special request for a quiet table and place for a wheelchair as I was bringing my elderly handicapped aunt. We were greeted at the door with enthusiasm and escorted to our table, which was arranged for wheelchair access and nicely surrounded by a half wall. It was still noisy but better than other lunch places we've been. Waitress and staff were overly attentive and made her feel like a queen. Food was great and reasonably priced for midtown; good menu choices for people with visual and swallowing issues. Exceptional value. VERY pleased with everything but will time the next lunch for 2pm-ish after many patrons have left for a quieter meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot in the neighborhoocurlygirlDined on 10/14/2014I have been to this restaurant several times for lunch and dinner. The meatballs are really tasty. The service good too. You definitely need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable pre-concert mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014I found this restaurant on Yelp, looking for a place to go before attending a concert at Town Hall. I had half of a lightly smoked chicken and my girlfriend had a pan-seared pork chop, both of which were delicious. We also shared an order of bacon-cheddar grits and sautéed broccoli rabe. The menu is very flexible offering an array of small plates, meat dishes, entrees, sandwiches, etc. YOu could come here for a casual lunch or a fancy dinner. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great mealSavanaDined on 10/11/2014Had a meal here before seeing a Broadway show; had a salad and 1/2 order of pasta which was perfect and filling. I had lamb ragu and my dining partner had the procini pasta - both were served piping hot, freshly made, and delish! Service was pretty speedy and friendly. Definitely recommend trying this gem.Special Features:
- OutOntheTownDined on 10/11/2014While my wife's mushroom pappardelle was excellent, while my crab cake was rather bland. The background music included a lot of surf music from the 60s. I think this place needs an update.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014I'm always in search of someplace decent to grab dinner near Penn Station. Despite pretty good reviews, I was nervous about P&Q b/c I haven't had great experience w/ restaurants near Penn - and at hotel bars/restaurants. However, I was really surprised. It's incredibly loud, so definitely not a great date place or a place for quiet conversation, but the menu has a great selection and the food was very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Bad choice for business lunchaemachVIPDined on 9/30/2014Too noisy. Was so loud I walked out hoarse from shouting across a small table to my lunch guest.
- Over ratedKimoDined on 9/26/2014Looking for something close to my hotel to have dinner and a drink. Food came five minutes after ordering and was so hot you could touch it...never a good sign, and as suspected, the food was dismal at best. Service may have been worse. Was rushed, literally in and out in less than 30 minutes, after having been given a table right next to the kitchen door. Will NEVER return.Special Features:
- great time!BillK54Dined on 9/25/2014Great food and service. Great alternative to watch sports verses typical food at usual sports bar.Friendly crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising GemscribblerDined on 9/20/2014The title of this review says it all. You'll enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, good food-too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is cute, has a nice menu and is in a great after work location. The problem is it is horribly loud and the staff let's the bar scene in to the restaurant. Honestly for the prices they charge just go to the Bryant park grill.
- Good food, very loud, bad serviceMumuVIPDined on 9/16/2014The menu is thoughtful and well executed- the food is great. The bar attracts a robust happy hour crowd and the noise level is such that you have to scream to have a conversation with your table mates. The service here is smug and hurried. During my last visit, the waiter stopped by our table about every 2 minutes to see if we were ready to order. I ordered a salad as a starter and they brought everything out together nearly 5 minutes after we ordered. We had been seated and fed in less than 30 minutes. They took our glasses from the table, delivered the check and I saw the waiter tell the staff not to refill our water glasses. I expect that when I reserve a table, I can sit there for 60-90 minutes and enjoy my company. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Good food, ambiance & serviceLMQ110Dined on 9/15/2014This place has the vibe of an upscale Irish pub. Very welcoming. The menu selection was good. The service was friendly....and quick! The roasted corn side dish was absolutely delicious and the BBQ sauce on the chicken breast dish was just the right amount of spicy! This is a place I will visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014Learned about this on Open Table, less than a block from our hotel. Great ambiance, delicious food...everything from small plates to full meals...excellent service. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Excellet Place to Eat with FriendsPintabrewDined on 9/13/2014There are many restaurants in NY city selling the same thing; Parker and Quinn is not one of them. The restaurant is full of decor, very comfortable booths, it is lively and has a unique menu. Many reviews on Google said the restaurant was loud; this is not the case, it has an energetic atmosphere, which one wants when out in NY city. We will frequent Parker and Quinn.Special Features:
- Way too noisySuzchsVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you plan to speak with your dinner companion - don't go. I should have known - it was a Friday night, so my fault.Special Features:
- Great Steak!EliotVIPDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I had some of the best steaks we've eaten in a long time at Parker & Quinn. According to our waiter, the steaks are smoked, and that imparts a wonderful flavor to a quality piece of meat. The vegetable sides were done to perfection. Everyone was very attentive, and seemed to enjoy working there. The place looks like something out of the 1920s, but the music was '50s and '60s; the soundtrack of our lives. (Sorry about that!) We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GumpsterVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was awful. Food was mediocre. Prices were high. Too many better options to choose from to settle eating here.
- LunchjcmeatloverVIPDined on 9/5/2014not too crowded at lunch, unlike happy hour. food was quite good, got the hummus and lamb ragu. good portions.Special Features:
- Hidden GemkenpodoDined on 9/4/2014Just off Sixth Ave & 37th Street this pub-type venue is great for lunch with friends. A vibrant bar scene it is also an excellent choice for after work get-together. Exotic menu with a nice range of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service but too noisyLamoritaDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time there, we planned a working lunch and all was OK until the clock marked 12PM, the music was very very loud and that forced us and everybody else to yell at each other to be able to have a conversation. Service was good, food was excellent and prepared to order. Menu options are good enough without being overwhelming, so something for everyone's taste. I am celiac and my needs were easily accommodated It is a good place but they need to control the volume in the music....
- New fave spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Tried Parker & Quinn on a recommendation from Open Table and loved it! Great spot to hit after work and definitely going back soon. Had no idea it was part of the Refinery Hotel and bonus- they have a rooftop.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014I came here with my boyfriend and had a nice time. The food is EXCELLENT! I loved everything we had. We came at 8pm on a Wednesday night. It was a bit louder then I would have liked, but it's definitely worth it! There are beautiful raised booths along the walls that I have sat in before. None were available, so we had a table at regular floor level. We ordered the boneless ribeye, pork chop, collard greens, and asparagus. The food was cooked and seasoned perfectly! Our cocktails were well made and the service was good. It can be a little pricey depending on what you order, but you definitely get excellent quality and preparation, so I feel it's worth it. Try to get a booth space if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on August 23,2014BroadwaypatDined on 8/23/2014Had a great dining experience at Parker & Quinn. We went on Saturday nite and it was pretty quiet at 6pm. Many of the reviews i read said that the noise level was too loud. We had the ribs stuffed peppers and flatbread pizza and the caramel salted cheesecake for dessert. Everything had a gourmet flare which made for a delicious mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/service = great timeTonesDined on 8/22/2014Found this spot on yelp. Enjoyed the Hanger steak accompanied with corn and fries. Cooked to perfection and I would totally recommend it to first time goers. Delicious all around!Oh and the Manhattan to go along was mixed very well from the bartender.Special Features:
- Great ambienceDCSWDined on 8/20/2014Busy, booming and stylish. Wonderful decor. And the food was terrific, comforting pasta dishes and great service.Special Features:
- Great SpotEStanDined on 8/20/2014Great spot for business lunch to take clients, great food and drinks!Special Features:
- cynthiacynthiaDined on 8/19/2014food was good, service excellent. But the noise level? Open table gives us a choice of "quiet" "moderate" and "energetic". Parker and Quinn is loud.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014The restaurant was very spacious and not too crowded (but it was Monday night). The loved the interior design with the elevated booths and leather chairs. It sort of reminded me of the Smith but a little more exciting. The food was great - we got the stuffed peppers and meatballs as apps and hanger steak arugula salad and lamb pasta for entrees. My steak was perfectly cook to medium and it was delicious. I felt like it was a great value too. Highly recommend for the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerhamburgerDined on 8/15/2014Went here to celebrate a friend's birthday. Staff was very accommodating, food was delicious, drinks were great. We will all go back for dinner and drinks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- learn sign languagekikinycDined on 8/13/2014Great food great service we had a great table..up some steps towards the hotel ...went with parents and a nephew...trouble was, we had to repeat every conversation so person on the other side of table could hear... The noise from the bar was so loud. Our food was delish ..mom raved about the lobster roll I loved my lamb burger but noisey noisey noisey even for early dinner at 615p.with the folks and a kid...p&q might be best for the bar crowd or a stop for lunch? I may still go back for lunch the lamb burger is that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mid town spotdenimgirlDined on 8/6/2014Excellent place in mid town for lunch or after work drinks and appetizers. Fun place, great decor. Service is decent.Special Features:
- MehuclamikeVIPDined on 7/28/2014I was excited about eatin at Parker & Quinn because I've stayed at the Refinery Hotek a few times an have enjoyed the Rooftop with beautiful views and also the music and cocktails in the Lobby lounge. However the restaurant disappointed. Our waitress was fine - friendly and attentive enough - but the food was very mediocre. The lamb meatballs were the best item we ordered but nothing special. The octopus was well cooked but was served lukewarm and didn't pack much flavor. The fig and prosciutto pizza was overwhelmingly swee t be issue of way too much fig preserves and the dough seemed like it was store bought pita bread. The watermelon salad was not good. Mealy watermelon, overdressed and wilted greens and included julienned carrots. Ugh.
- Not pleased.MichDined on 7/22/2014Me and my friend had a reservation at 6:30. Sat down no prob. Ordered drinks and food which was good. We paid the check and left a nice tip. Then, my friend left and my boyfriend decided to meet me for a drink. But the waiter said we couldn't stay at the table and would have to go to the bar which was crowded. I wasn't very happy about this and left. Their loss!Special Features:
- Great midtown saveersharonVIPDined on 7/22/2014Finding a good casual, tourist-free restaurant in midtown (especially the Times / Herald Square area) might be a tough task sometimes... a few blocks south-east you get Parker & Quinn. Having had dinners and lunches there I can certainly attest to the quality of the food, the casual (but excellent) service, and overall ambiance (on the louder side, but not atypical for NYC spots). Menus change so I won't go into specifics, except to say that we were always happy with pork and chicken entrees, seafood appetizers, and the choice of wine & craft beers. Will revisit soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinner OutrenogoddessDined on 7/21/2014Our visit to Parker & Quinn was quite nice. They could easily be missed in the busy Times Square area where we are always looking for something other than a chain restaurant. We also have a vegetarian and a meat lover in our party so the menu has to fit us. Had the rotisserie chicken - really the best... crab cake sandwich - very nice... mac and cheese - excellent. The French fries were the best - just what fries should be and plentiful. Our server was attentive and food came quickly. A reservation is a must even on a Monday at 6:00. Quite a bar crowd. My only quibble would be it was very very loud. It's a place for a fun time - not an intimate dinner. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for midtown lunchVillager1Dined on 7/21/2014Super-friendly and charming hostesses, good service, very good food, comfortable environment. The 2-tops are pretty close to each other, which is typical of Manhattan restaurants, but a little more room would be nice. Had the lobster roll - fresh, tasty although a tad bland. My friend had the soft-shell crabs with some asparagus, plus a Key lime pie - he really enjoyed both. As a West Village local I actually don't eat in midtown a lot - but this place has a nice clean, professional atmosphere, possibly due to it's being in the Refinery hotel.Special Features: