Parker & Quinn
64 W. 39th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parker & Quinn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkerandquinnnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 729-0277
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6-10am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-4pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 4-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Forrest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar
A word from Parker & Quinn
A 1920s-themed restaurant nestled in the heart of the Garment District. Serving fresh, seasonal American Fare, Executive Chef Jeffrey Forrest brings over 25 years of experience to the Parker & Quinn team - with positions at some of Manhattan’s most notable kitchens, including the Soho Grand Hotel, the Plaza Food Hall by Todd English, and Park Avenue Tavern. The eclectic cocktail list, created by world renowned mixologist Alex Ott, presents a twist on classic cocktails, focusing on fresh fruit and herbs and artisanal brands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker & Quinn reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (62)great for lunch (52)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (45)hot spot (39)great for brunch (13)special occasion (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Has become our go-to lunch placeFamilyDinerDined on 4/25/2014We have a 15 month-old who is great in restaurants (well-behaved, eats everything) yet we often get the "Ugh, a baby" look when we go to "nicer" restaurants with her. Here is the opposite. The hostesses remembered us after our first visit and always seat us somewhere where the highchair won't be in a high-traffic location. The food is amazing. The faro risotto is my favorite, but the beef meatballs are great and the hummus is surprisingly flavorful. There is an emphasis on quality ingredients; it isn't the cheapest lunch, but you feel you're getting what you pay for. I have never tried the desserts, so can't speak to those. It can get pretty busy during peak hours, so reservations help.Special Features:
- Good food hidden in a crowded barBizdinerVIPDined on 4/24/2014Walk in and you wonder about the dinner reservation you made. The front is a very crowded, young, noisy bar scene. As you go to the back where the dining is located, things change. Though it will never be described as quiet and the tables are close together, the food and service more than make up for it. Had the stuffed pepper appetizer (stuffed with short ribs) that was extremely tasty. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food and wine and based on her recommendation, we had the mussels and the pork chop for the entries both were done very well. Though we didn't have it the meatball sampler looked outstanding. If you can get over the bar scene, a very reasonable find in the neighborhood for either grazing or a full meal.Special Features:
- Needs better management.GoodEatsVIPDined on 4/20/2014As a customer, I felt that we were not treated very well. Some if the staff were rude and unhelpful. Water had things floating in it. Food was not worth the price. Was very disappointed with what I had hoped would be a good experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2014Came here with my parents and the food was excellent! I had the 8oz hanger steak and it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. My mom had an oyster salad that she was happy with and my dad enjoyed the bass. We shared pan roasted corn, beets with goat cheese, and broccoli rabe. All of the food was wonderful. The service was excellent with charming waitress and attentive staff on water refills, plate clearing, etc. I also really enjoyed the high booth seats that get you off of the main floor. The decor is really nice without being overly formal. They had a live band playing jazz standards that made for the perfect ambiance. I look forward to coming back!Special Features:
- Okay in a pinchgreateatsDined on 4/17/2014Very noisy place. The food is okay but not great. Would go back if I could not think of anyplace else to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/16/2014My favorite midtown restaurant. Great food, great service, great place. I have never had a bad experience at Parker and Quinn. Only comment is they need malbec by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodplay2dineDined on 4/16/2014I found the food and service beyond expectations. The decor is great - booths, alcoves, and small tables. A little noisy with the arrival of the after work crowd, but tolerable noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard Flanagan, Maestro!midtownerDined on 4/16/2014I like Parker and Quinn a lot. It has an upscale New York Urban Professional feel to it. I'd never be embarrassed to bring a big client to the restaurant. Food is undoubtedly of the highest quality. But always notable above and beyond the call of duty is the staff and the service. Richard Flanagan is the maestro behind the bar that sets the tone and leads a cast of all-star staff that always makes you feel like you are Vincent Chase in Entourage!Special Features:
- Too Noisy!NannyPanny70Dined on 4/11/2014The food and the service was very good, but it was an extremely noisy restaurant which takes away from the ambiance it could have. The bar should be separate. We like it because it is convenient while staying at the hotel, but maybe next time we will try room service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bar area onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/8/2014The bar area is nice to meet but the food is below average. However, the martini drinks are overpriced and small at $14. A no returner!Special Features:
- The place was doing constructionOkayDined on 4/8/2014The place was doing construction behind a curtain during the lunch service. The drilling noise was loud and distracting .Special Features:
- Loved my foodKimmy2727Dined on 4/3/2014SOOOOOO noisy in there, but everything else was amazing, good drinks, great service....just not the place to go to catch up...have a few before going :)Special Features:
- Great spotKerritDined on 3/29/2014The food and service was wonderful and the staff very accommodating .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good people watchingfoodloverDined on 3/27/2014Visiting NY for the first time and glad we found this place. We were surprised when we walked in that I it was a loud, crowded bar scene. It's more of an after work, slightly upscale place though, with high-end scotch on the menu, etc. We were sat in a cool booth up a step in the bar, so we were able to really take in the NY scene. The food was really good; it's an a la carte kind of menu; pick a protein, pick a side deal. Someone has the skirt steak and loved it, I had the chicken and it was super most and flavorful, salads looked good too. One person had a pasta side with lamb in it that was tasty. We chose a bottle of really good Argentinean malbec to share then ended with the salted camel cheesecake which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereCHIguyVIPDined on 3/27/2014The booths and atmosphere were fun for lunch. Our server was very friendly and helpful with the menu, but service and wait times were somewhat slow. Food was great, and I will definitely recommend the place or return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TastesMarkDined on 3/22/2014The dinner was amazingly flavorful with an inventive use of spices. Would recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show GemLarroDined on 3/22/2014Took the wife and kids here before heading over to a Broadway show. It was not packed like many of the theme restaurants in (and around) Times Square. Both food and service were excellent. I will definitely go back the next time I am in NYC to see a show.Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/21/2014Went with group of 10 and had many dishes-everything was delicious. The standouts for me were the octopus and risotto.Special Features:
- Amazing all-around!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/15/2014Highly recommend a visit for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014The food was wonderful, but the service was awful. Our waiter spent most of his time talking with other servers. He never even checked back to see how our food was after we were served. We had to ask other wait staff for things we needed. The food was great, but not our waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the area!MRSEJDined on 3/5/2014I recommend making reservations! Awesome spot in the Fashion District. A far better choice than most. A great place for co-workers. Cleared out around 2pm. Hostess knew my reservation by first name and how many were in my party. The waiter did a great job and service was very quick. The food came out fresh and hot despite being a packed place. Delicious for the Fashion District area and very fair prices. A little on the noisy side but we had no problem talking away. We never felt pressured to leave and the only disappointment I had was not trying their desserts because we were in a rush. I will recommend to anyone who works in the area and return again hopefully soon.Special Features:
- Great spot by the LibraryIheartfoodDined on 3/4/2014I work around Grand Central and there are few great casual dining spots in walking distance. My husband and I walked through the Refinery Hotel the other night and discovered this gem. Food was delicious, service was fantastic and there's a fun bar on the roof of the hotel with a great view. We'll definitely be visiting Parker & Quinn in the near future. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu that wasn'tDarylDined on 3/1/2014It was a saturday outing to include lunch and a play matinee. We had reviewed menus from different restaurants recommended by Open Table and Parker Quinn had a selection of salads that sounded appealing. When we arrived we were handed a very limited menu with only one salad choice. None of the items we'd hoped to have we're available. Shared a soup and sandwich which was awful. The cheese sandwich had no cheese. Parker & Quinn is off our list of choices.
- Great place in midtownGardenLuvVIPDined on 2/27/2014The food was really good as usually service was great. Unfortunately we went durning happy hour so it was really packed. Other than that this place is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager ruined itOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/27/2014The atmosphere of the place is very cute and noise manageable. The food is just alright, nothing special, which is common in midtown. It would have been fine overall if towards the end the manager didn't rush us out after the meal quoting "the real estate, you know". Very weird experience. Especially the way she was trying to fix a situation: as we were heading out of the place, she was offering us a drink! On the way back to the office...should we get it in a sippy cup? Meh.Special Features:
- Ok food, but LOUD spot for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2014Had risotto and two friends had mussels. Risotto very good; mussels were average. Service was ok, a bit slow. Noise, on a Weds might at 7 PM was very high; we had to shout to have a conversation.
- Great food but you pay for it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014Small portions and al a cart runs up the price!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent but ala carteLarryDDined on 2/18/2014The food was very good and the service attentive. I was surprised for the price the lunch meal was really ala carte. Although starch and vegetable was mentioned in the entree's description, it really wasn't more than a garnish. Luckily the waitress pointed this out beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good When Staying at The RefineryJamesBrownInMiamiVIPDined on 2/16/2014This place is convenient if you are staying at The Refinery Hotel. The menu has some good items but not a lot of variety. I have been here before and the service is always just ok. Today I sat at the bar and waited 13 minutes before someone noticed me and waited on me, and it wasn't busy. The burger was good and I added brussel sprouts and bacon bits, which were decent.Special Features:
- Just OKmickeyfanDined on 2/16/2014Went to Parker & Quinn on a cold Sunday evening after a 3 PM matinee. The place was almost empty. We ordered the spiced butternut soup, a little thick but nicely flavored, and the tomato bacon bisque to start. The waiter steered my husband away from the chicken. He ordered the Arctic char with a side of broccoli rabe, described on menu with wild mushrooms, brussel sprout leaves and fingerlings. There was one wild mushroom piece, a few brussel sprout leaves and 2 thin slices of fingerlings on the plate. I ordered the tagliatelle, good, not great and a small serving for a main course (and I ordered and was charged for the entree portion). Our waiter was very attentive and he gets an A+. But I would not go out of my way to go back here.
- Waited a while for somebodyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Waited a while for somebody to take our order, food came quickly after we ordered. Waited a long time for someone to take our dirty plates and longer to receive our check. Good place just might have been the server and night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceStellarBexDined on 2/14/2014The staff was attentive and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto to die forgreentealatteDined on 2/11/2014I mean... So good. I'm a wishy-washy vegetarian as is (I really love chicken), am a grad student on a budget, and wasn't really in the mood for fish, so I chose seething familiar from the menu somewhat haphazardly. From the very first bite of the chicken to the last spoonful of warm butternut squash risotto, pure and unmitigated joy. So... So... Good. Chris, our server, was attentive and came with recommendations, and was not a helicopter (which is the worst). My first time at P&Q, certainly not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service in MidtownAnonymousVIPDined on 2/11/2014P&Q is connected to the Refinery Hotel which has a fantastic scene, great kitchen, and wonderful service every time we've gone. Decor is trendy with those tufted leather booths and cool artwork without being over the top for a casual lunch.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceGML217VIPDined on 2/10/2014It was my first time eating at Parker and Quinn. It's great food and very close to my office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchEhEmChelDined on 2/10/2014Had a quick, pleasant, and delicious lunch here. Great Bloody Mary, delicious steak tartar, unintrusive waiter who was flirty and quick. Looks like a great brunch spot, and it's highly varied menu makes it a great choice for business lunches or dates, so everyone's happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacechiquiDined on 2/7/2014I ordered the fried oysters and pork belly flat bread while my friend had the hanger steak. The food was very good! We also shared a bottle of Malbec. We were very happy with the food. The service was fantastic. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Trendy hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Food was done well but not remarkable. Has a good small plate menu so for bar stop is fine. Good place for this area of midtown as there aren't many spots like this to meet friends. Very trendy fashion crowd scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!SaJ1VIPDined on 2/5/2014Had dinner with out of town guests who are huge foodies and Parker and Quinn did not disappoint. We really enjoyed the octopus appetizer and the scallops with bacon cheese grits as well as the ribeye were excellent. The décor is lovely and the service was excellent. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker & Quinn pre Knicks gameDeebirdDined on 2/5/2014My boyfriend and I went to Parker and Quinn before the Knicks game. Considering the area is one big tourist trap, we were pleasantly surprised to be seated immediately and not rushed out of the restaurant. The food was good, straight forward menu, fish was cooked perfectly. I would definitely go back here if I ever find myself near Times Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.