Parker & Quinn
64 W. 39th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parker & Quinn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkerandquinnnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 729-0277
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6-10am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-4pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 4-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Forrest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar
A word from Parker & Quinn
A 1920s-themed restaurant nestled in the heart of the Garment District. Serving fresh, seasonal American Fare, Executive Chef Jeffrey Forrest brings over 25 years of experience to the Parker & Quinn team - with positions at some of Manhattan’s most notable kitchens, including the Soho Grand Hotel, the Plaza Food Hall by Todd English, and Park Avenue Tavern. The eclectic cocktail list, created by world renowned mixologist Alex Ott, presents a twist on classic cocktails, focusing on fresh fruit and herbs and artisanal brands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker & Quinn reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (61)great for lunch (52)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (45)hot spot (38)great for brunch (13)special occasion (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Parker and Quinn-Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I had dinner at Parker and Quinn and the experience was very pleasant. My wife enjoyed the braised short rib stuffed peppers. I had the pan seared sea scallops with froie gras. Again this was excellent. The atmosphere is pleasant and the service was excellent. I recommend this to any one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parker and QuinngigiDined on 11/19/2014They need to work on their front door reception. When I went to check in for my 6pm reservation there were no less than 3 "hostesses" with their backs turned to the customers staring at the bookings machine while the line of people continued to grow at the front door. Not paying attn to anyone and talking amongst themselves. Otherwise the service and food are good once you actually get seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater spot!PinnyDined on 11/15/2014Food was excellent and service was great. Our appetizer of chicken meatballs came out not hot (lukewarm) - I (politely) sent it back. They brought out a piping hot order and moments later the manager came by and apologized, and took the meatballs off of our bill. I thought that was very generous and a nice touch! Our waiter was very friendly, the restaurant has a lovely, vibrant, buzzy atmosphere and the food was really outstanding. The only caution I would have is to be sure to add some sides to your main meat dish as they don't really come with any sides (or substantial sides). Otherwise, top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Parker Quinn was a great dinner spot for my girlfriend's 21st. The people working there were very friendly and helpful but most importantly the food was great. The stuff peppers appetizer stands at the top of any appetizers that I've had. The ribs fell right off the bone. Overall a great meal. Would recommend with no hesitations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014Great beer selections and loved the variety of the appetizers....entrees were satisfying.Special Features:
- Nice slice of NYCBritTrevDined on 11/7/2014On our trip to NYC from England we wanted to find a typical New York local bar restaurant and we found it in Parker and Quinn, great atmosphere, great choice of drinks and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor receptionliveforloveVIPDined on 11/7/2014Host provided little assistance when I was trying to seat a business dinner away from their all too noisy bar scene. Upon finding a table in the back we had to tip and insist to get the table. Will not go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2014Good place when in the area- not a destination spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special birthday dinnerShrimpogeorgeDined on 11/1/2014My two friends and I were visiting NYC from the UK for my birthday weekend. My cousin and his wife who live in Washington were also meeting us in NYC on my birthday to celebrate. That's why I booked dinner at Parker & Quinn. We were immediately seated in a fantastic booth table near the back of the restaurant. The service was quick and friendly and my meal was delicious (if a little different than I was expecting). The prices were reasonable too. The best thing about the restaurant was by far the atmosphere. All around us were smiling faces which really made the evening special. I will definitely be going back there the next time I visit NYC.Special Features:
- DiningfunDined on 11/1/2014Good American Bar food. The Plate and portion sizes are small of both appetizers and main dishes for the price. Food tasty and made with fresh ingredients . Order sandwiches or multiple courses if hungry. All sides are sold separately . We tried many entree's and sides and shared. Great tasting desserts!Special Features:
- Good for businessZotpersonDined on 10/29/2014These mid-town eatery was perfect to bring an important client to. The Tomato Soup was out of this world and the service was perfect.Special Features:
- Good Midtown West OptionMademoiselleModeVIPDined on 10/28/2014I found this place by accident as the door does not stand out much from all the other shops on the same block. It's a good option for the neighborhood for either lunch or after work drinks. If you are more than two people they have cool booths that are a few steps up from the rest of the restaurant which I really liked. The menu is pretty large with plenty of option and everything we ordered was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where out-of-towners feel at easeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2014Had a great, non-fussy dinner. Food was good (great mac n' cheese, arugula salad), and service was attentive. I travel frequently, and am always looking for dining locations where I can dine alone or with others. I like an ease of access to the menu, to the servers and wait staff, and where there is a nice buzz and ambiance. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent addition to midtown westnycdinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014the restaurant was a fabulous surprise. not only is it super cute, the food was excellent and the service was attentive. definitely strongly recommed it.Special Features:
- Change of menu not appealingVacationloverDined on 10/20/2014This is usually a safe pick yet I was disappointed with my last visit. The chicken was a little bland and the mashed potatoes were watery. The chef needs to bring back the asparagus and corn as side dishes. Service was MUCH better than during the last 2 visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014wonderful! Great food and great atmosphere!! mushroom pasta was amazing.Special Features:
- SUPER Loud, but good food!SJCADined on 10/16/2014What a great place...Except for the noise level! There were four of us, and we were seated in a u-shaped booth, but it was one of the booths in the front bar area - definitely crowded and loud, so much so that we were basically yelling at each other at the table to be able to hear one another; not ideal for us because we hadn't seen each other in a while and wanted to catch up. Food was good, and so was dessert - may try it again, but will definitely make sure that we ask to sit in the back -
- Treated like royaltyAnnieDined on 10/14/2014Made an online reservation for lunch one day ahead with a special request for a quiet table and place for a wheelchair as I was bringing my elderly handicapped aunt. We were greeted at the door with enthusiasm and escorted to our table, which was arranged for wheelchair access and nicely surrounded by a half wall. It was still noisy but better than other lunch places we've been. Waitress and staff were overly attentive and made her feel like a queen. Food was great and reasonably priced for midtown; good menu choices for people with visual and swallowing issues. Exceptional value. VERY pleased with everything but will time the next lunch for 2pm-ish after many patrons have left for a quieter meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot in the neighborhoocurlygirlDined on 10/14/2014I have been to this restaurant several times for lunch and dinner. The meatballs are really tasty. The service good too. You definitely need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable pre-concert mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014I found this restaurant on Yelp, looking for a place to go before attending a concert at Town Hall. I had half of a lightly smoked chicken and my girlfriend had a pan-seared pork chop, both of which were delicious. We also shared an order of bacon-cheddar grits and sautéed broccoli rabe. The menu is very flexible offering an array of small plates, meat dishes, entrees, sandwiches, etc. YOu could come here for a casual lunch or a fancy dinner. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great mealSavanaDined on 10/11/2014Had a meal here before seeing a Broadway show; had a salad and 1/2 order of pasta which was perfect and filling. I had lamb ragu and my dining partner had the procini pasta - both were served piping hot, freshly made, and delish! Service was pretty speedy and friendly. Definitely recommend trying this gem.Special Features:
- OutOntheTownDined on 10/11/2014While my wife's mushroom pappardelle was excellent, while my crab cake was rather bland. The background music included a lot of surf music from the 60s. I think this place needs an update.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014I'm always in search of someplace decent to grab dinner near Penn Station. Despite pretty good reviews, I was nervous about P&Q b/c I haven't had great experience w/ restaurants near Penn - and at hotel bars/restaurants. However, I was really surprised. It's incredibly loud, so definitely not a great date place or a place for quiet conversation, but the menu has a great selection and the food was very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Bad choice for business lunchaemachVIPDined on 9/30/2014Too noisy. Was so loud I walked out hoarse from shouting across a small table to my lunch guest.
- Over ratedKimoDined on 9/26/2014Looking for something close to my hotel to have dinner and a drink. Food came five minutes after ordering and was so hot you could touch it...never a good sign, and as suspected, the food was dismal at best. Service may have been worse. Was rushed, literally in and out in less than 30 minutes, after having been given a table right next to the kitchen door. Will NEVER return.Special Features:
- great time!BillK54Dined on 9/25/2014Great food and service. Great alternative to watch sports verses typical food at usual sports bar.Friendly crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising GemscribblerDined on 9/20/2014The title of this review says it all. You'll enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, good food-too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is cute, has a nice menu and is in a great after work location. The problem is it is horribly loud and the staff let's the bar scene in to the restaurant. Honestly for the prices they charge just go to the Bryant park grill.
- Good food, very loud, bad serviceMumuVIPDined on 9/16/2014The menu is thoughtful and well executed- the food is great. The bar attracts a robust happy hour crowd and the noise level is such that you have to scream to have a conversation with your table mates. The service here is smug and hurried. During my last visit, the waiter stopped by our table about every 2 minutes to see if we were ready to order. I ordered a salad as a starter and they brought everything out together nearly 5 minutes after we ordered. We had been seated and fed in less than 30 minutes. They took our glasses from the table, delivered the check and I saw the waiter tell the staff not to refill our water glasses. I expect that when I reserve a table, I can sit there for 60-90 minutes and enjoy my company. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Good food, ambiance & serviceLMQ110Dined on 9/15/2014This place has the vibe of an upscale Irish pub. Very welcoming. The menu selection was good. The service was friendly....and quick! The roasted corn side dish was absolutely delicious and the BBQ sauce on the chicken breast dish was just the right amount of spicy! This is a place I will visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014Learned about this on Open Table, less than a block from our hotel. Great ambiance, delicious food...everything from small plates to full meals...excellent service. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Excellet Place to Eat with FriendsPintabrewDined on 9/13/2014There are many restaurants in NY city selling the same thing; Parker and Quinn is not one of them. The restaurant is full of decor, very comfortable booths, it is lively and has a unique menu. Many reviews on Google said the restaurant was loud; this is not the case, it has an energetic atmosphere, which one wants when out in NY city. We will frequent Parker and Quinn.Special Features:
- Way too noisySuzchsVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you plan to speak with your dinner companion - don't go. I should have known - it was a Friday night, so my fault.Special Features:
- Great Steak!EliotVIPDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I had some of the best steaks we've eaten in a long time at Parker & Quinn. According to our waiter, the steaks are smoked, and that imparts a wonderful flavor to a quality piece of meat. The vegetable sides were done to perfection. Everyone was very attentive, and seemed to enjoy working there. The place looks like something out of the 1920s, but the music was '50s and '60s; the soundtrack of our lives. (Sorry about that!) We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GumpsterVIPDined on 9/6/2014Service was awful. Food was mediocre. Prices were high. Too many better options to choose from to settle eating here.
- LunchjcmeatloverVIPDined on 9/5/2014not too crowded at lunch, unlike happy hour. food was quite good, got the hummus and lamb ragu. good portions.Special Features:
- Hidden GemkenpodoDined on 9/4/2014Just off Sixth Ave & 37th Street this pub-type venue is great for lunch with friends. A vibrant bar scene it is also an excellent choice for after work get-together. Exotic menu with a nice range of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service but too noisyLamoritaDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time there, we planned a working lunch and all was OK until the clock marked 12PM, the music was very very loud and that forced us and everybody else to yell at each other to be able to have a conversation. Service was good, food was excellent and prepared to order. Menu options are good enough without being overwhelming, so something for everyone's taste. I am celiac and my needs were easily accommodated It is a good place but they need to control the volume in the music....
- New fave spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Tried Parker & Quinn on a recommendation from Open Table and loved it! Great spot to hit after work and definitely going back soon. Had no idea it was part of the Refinery Hotel and bonus- they have a rooftop.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014I came here with my boyfriend and had a nice time. The food is EXCELLENT! I loved everything we had. We came at 8pm on a Wednesday night. It was a bit louder then I would have liked, but it's definitely worth it! There are beautiful raised booths along the walls that I have sat in before. None were available, so we had a table at regular floor level. We ordered the boneless ribeye, pork chop, collard greens, and asparagus. The food was cooked and seasoned perfectly! Our cocktails were well made and the service was good. It can be a little pricey depending on what you order, but you definitely get excellent quality and preparation, so I feel it's worth it. Try to get a booth space if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.