Parker & Quinn
64 W. 39th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Parker & Quinn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkerandquinnnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127290277
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6-10am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-4pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 4-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Forrest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar
A word from Parker & Quinn
A 1920s-themed restaurant nestled in the heart of the Garment District. Serving fresh, seasonal American Fare, Executive Chef Jeffrey Forrest brings over 25 years of experience to the Parker & Quinn team - with positions at some of Manhattan’s most notable kitchens, including the Soho Grand Hotel, the Plaza Food Hall by Todd English, and Park Avenue Tavern. The eclectic cocktail list, created by world renowned mixologist Alex Ott, presents a twist on classic cocktails, focusing on fresh fruit and herbs and artisanal brands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parker & Quinn reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (45)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (33)hot spot (21)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (12)romantic (11)great for brunch (10)special occasion (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014I came here with my boyfriend and had a nice time. The food is EXCELLENT! I loved everything we had. We came at 8pm on a Wednesday night. It was a bit louder then I would have liked, but it's definitely worth it! There are beautiful raised booths along the walls that I have sat in before. None were available, so we had a table at regular floor level. We ordered the boneless ribeye, pork chop, collard greens, and asparagus. The food was cooked and seasoned perfectly! Our cocktails were well made and the service was good. It can be a little pricey depending on what you order, but you definitely get excellent quality and preparation, so I feel it's worth it. Try to get a booth space if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on August 23,2014BroadwaypatDined on 8/23/2014Had a great dining experience at Parker & Quinn. We went on Saturday nite and it was pretty quiet at 6pm. Many of the reviews i read said that the noise level was too loud. We had the ribs stuffed peppers and flatbread pizza and the caramel salted cheesecake for dessert. Everything had a gourmet flare which made for a delicious mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/service = great timeTonesDined on 8/22/2014Found this spot on yelp. Enjoyed the Hanger steak accompanied with corn and fries. Cooked to perfection and I would totally recommend it to first time goers. Delicious all around!Oh and the Manhattan to go along was mixed very well from the bartender.Special Features:
- Great SpotEStanDined on 8/20/2014Great spot for business lunch to take clients, great food and drinks!Special Features:
- cynthiacynthiaDined on 8/19/2014food was good, service excellent. But the noise level? Open table gives us a choice of "quiet" "moderate" and "energetic". Parker and Quinn is loud.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014The restaurant was very spacious and not too crowded (but it was Monday night). The loved the interior design with the elevated booths and leather chairs. It sort of reminded me of the Smith but a little more exciting. The food was great - we got the stuffed peppers and meatballs as apps and hanger steak arugula salad and lamb pasta for entrees. My steak was perfectly cook to medium and it was delicious. I felt like it was a great value too. Highly recommend for the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerhamburgerDined on 8/15/2014Went here to celebrate a friend's birthday. Staff was very accommodating, food was delicious, drinks were great. We will all go back for dinner and drinks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- learn sign languagekikinycDined on 8/13/2014Great food great service we had a great table..up some steps towards the hotel ...went with parents and a nephew...trouble was, we had to repeat every conversation so person on the other side of table could hear... The noise from the bar was so loud. Our food was delish ..mom raved about the lobster roll I loved my lamb burger but noisey noisey noisey even for early dinner at 615p.with the folks and a kid...p&q might be best for the bar crowd or a stop for lunch? I may still go back for lunch the lamb burger is that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mid town spotdenimgirlDined on 8/6/2014Excellent place in mid town for lunch or after work drinks and appetizers. Fun place, great decor. Service is decent.Special Features:
- MehuclamikeVIPDined on 7/28/2014I was excited about eatin at Parker & Quinn because I've stayed at the Refinery Hotek a few times an have enjoyed the Rooftop with beautiful views and also the music and cocktails in the Lobby lounge. However the restaurant disappointed. Our waitress was fine - friendly and attentive enough - but the food was very mediocre. The lamb meatballs were the best item we ordered but nothing special. The octopus was well cooked but was served lukewarm and didn't pack much flavor. The fig and prosciutto pizza was overwhelmingly swee t be issue of way too much fig preserves and the dough seemed like it was store bought pita bread. The watermelon salad was not good. Mealy watermelon, overdressed and wilted greens and included julienned carrots. Ugh.
- Not pleased.MichDined on 7/22/2014Me and my friend had a reservation at 6:30. Sat down no prob. Ordered drinks and food which was good. We paid the check and left a nice tip. Then, my friend left and my boyfriend decided to meet me for a drink. But the waiter said we couldn't stay at the table and would have to go to the bar which was crowded. I wasn't very happy about this and left. Their loss!Special Features:
- Great midtown saveersharonVIPDined on 7/22/2014Finding a good casual, tourist-free restaurant in midtown (especially the Times / Herald Square area) might be a tough task sometimes... a few blocks south-east you get Parker & Quinn. Having had dinners and lunches there I can certainly attest to the quality of the food, the casual (but excellent) service, and overall ambiance (on the louder side, but not atypical for NYC spots). Menus change so I won't go into specifics, except to say that we were always happy with pork and chicken entrees, seafood appetizers, and the choice of wine & craft beers. Will revisit soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinner OutrenogoddessDined on 7/21/2014Our visit to Parker & Quinn was quite nice. They could easily be missed in the busy Times Square area where we are always looking for something other than a chain restaurant. We also have a vegetarian and a meat lover in our party so the menu has to fit us. Had the rotisserie chicken - really the best... crab cake sandwich - very nice... mac and cheese - excellent. The French fries were the best - just what fries should be and plentiful. Our server was attentive and food came quickly. A reservation is a must even on a Monday at 6:00. Quite a bar crowd. My only quibble would be it was very very loud. It's a place for a fun time - not an intimate dinner. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for midtown lunchVillager1Dined on 7/21/2014Super-friendly and charming hostesses, good service, very good food, comfortable environment. The 2-tops are pretty close to each other, which is typical of Manhattan restaurants, but a little more room would be nice. Had the lobster roll - fresh, tasty although a tad bland. My friend had the soft-shell crabs with some asparagus, plus a Key lime pie - he really enjoyed both. As a West Village local I actually don't eat in midtown a lot - but this place has a nice clean, professional atmosphere, possibly due to it's being in the Refinery hotel.Special Features:
- So glad I found youconversationalistVIPDined on 7/20/2014Went there by accident - will return because I want to - despite the steak tartare being smothered in sauces and too salty (they changed it out at once - and it was good). Everything else was absolutely perfect - love the bartender, and very very well ltrained staff. Love the seating, the music, and I am so glad I went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all around!eamonDined on 7/19/2014Great dinner at Parker and Quinn pre-theatre. Food and service were fantastic. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, great decorfoodiewannabeDined on 7/16/2014The food here was very solid. The place was decorated in a very half-rustic, half-modern manner. I wouldn't take a date here as it's more of a really good hang-out spot. We had the pork chops and the lamb ragu pasta, and both were good. We were seated on high bar stools, which was a bit inconvenient, as both my friend and I were wearing dresses. The inner part of the restaurant was quieter, but any louder and it would have been difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Vintage Foodie GemGoogalafreeDined on 7/2/2014A beautiful, Art Deco setting just off of Bryant Park, NYC. The prices are very reasonable for NY fine dining. We brought our two small children, and they happily ate kid friendly food without needing. "Kiddie menu." There is a happening, vibrant bar scene, but we had an elevated booth which protected them from the crowd and let us watch it all. The staff was wonderful. The food was unique and very well done. This place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will try againLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/1/2014I would go back as the food was good and the service was as well but the seating was awful on the right side. I will know to ask only for a table on the floor next time but overall a cool place.Special Features:
- Fresh, Fun and LOUDJSHJVIPDined on 6/19/2014American comfort food with a contemporary twist. Fab service and ambiance but LOUD AS HELL! So if you are looking for a romantic evening, then opt for the quieter bar hidden in the hotel lobby behind the curtains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitDG327Dined on 6/19/2014This was my first time to the restaurant. I was there on a Thursday night.. It was very crowded and very loud. The ambiance was very eclectic which I loved but it was difficult to have a conversation with my date as it was to loud to have a conversation. I would go back for drinks during peak hours with a group but not to eatSpecial Features:
- Great Lunch-Time Find!Kathi929Dined on 6/18/2014Walked past this restaurant many times and it always looked so appealing. Decided to try for lunch with the team at work. So happy we did - great food, interesting choices! Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:
- binkman3Dined on 6/17/2014Unfortunately chose this for a business dinner. The noise level made conversation impossible, and the crowded space contributed to a chaotic atmosphere. Not a calm or pleasant experience, although individual wait staff were pleasant and helpful. The food was alright, although I'm not sure that foie gras really enhances scallops. I probably would not choose to go here again.Special Features:
- Add 1 star if you bring ear plugs55SullivanVIPDined on 6/17/2014Great food, fun décor, ear-splitting noise... and that was at lunch. A little buzz adds energy to any restaurant. When your guests can't wait to leave to un-ring their bells, you know it's a problem.Special Features:
- Loud but funToobsy2pDined on 6/12/2014Great place for a group to gather. Staff was attentive - service great. Food was delicious. Noise level - very hard to hold a conversation. The room needs baffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud!REVIEWDined on 6/11/2014The food was decent but it was so loud we could barely hear eachother speak! I would recommend this for the bar scene and not for restaurant unless you don't want to talk easily!! Food came out quickly and was decent quality. Waiter did his job but did not check-in or provide anything beyond taking our order.Special Features:
- WildcatfanVIPDined on 6/3/2014Food and service were excellent. Lamb pasta was terrific. Everyone enjoyed what we had. Only complaint is that it is very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date at parker and quinnpastaloverDined on 5/25/2014Overall I had a great time at parker and quinn. Not alot of people, atmosphere was calm and quiet. My date enjoyed herself just as much which was most important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whoopie, a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/25/2014Eat here only if you are a prisoner of the hotel and speak to English.
- Great findcantgetenoughDined on 5/19/2014Really enjoyed our dinner. Our waiter made several recommendations that happened to coincide with what we were considering anyway. We split the fig flat bread, scallops and lamb ragout. All were very tasty--we were definitely happy with our selections. The service was attentive. Some reviews said the restaurant is loud--we ate early and did not have any problems with the noise level. We both said we would recommend P&Q to friends and would return on another trip to NY.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2014Came here for lunch with colleagues on Thursday 5/15. Had the tagliatelle, which was fantastic. My colleagues had the veggie and caesar salads with grilled chicken, which they said were also excellent. Friendly staff, good service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014the service was very good - the food was just average and the noise level was too high- Hard to hear everyone at the table and they all agreed.Special Features:
- Good spot for the neighborhoodLaurad42naDined on 5/12/2014There was nothing in this area for so long. This is a nice addition. There is a great rooftop bar at the hotel as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining out in NYCdiningoutinNYC510Dined on 5/10/2014We had a reservation for 4 @ 6:00 pm. When we arrived we wanted to add one. They were very accommodating. We had a nice cozy booth. The food was so tasty. The best meal we had had in the 3 days in NYC. The value of the food was good too.Special Features:
- Great Food/Service FUN atmosphereEatwelllivewellDined on 5/9/2014Good energy level. We only ate a couple apps from the menu but both were YUMMM! Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Saturday eveningLucyDined on 5/3/2014We had a great time at P&Q on Saturday, the food was brilliant and the service was excellent. It was however quite quiet therefore the atmosphere wasn't all that, but that didn't effect our evening and we had a great time
- Not what we were looking forLsf93Dined on 5/1/2014I went there with my family. The food was good and the place was decorated really well (vintage stule) but there was way too much noise. It's great to go for drinks with friends but not for a family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Parker & Quinn reviews archive.
- Ended Up a Good ExperienceSusieVIPDined on 4/29/2014Almost left as the noise level was deafening! The manager, Rob, was instrumental in getting us to stay and we ended being glad that we did. The food was delicious and the service was stellar. Rob promises that they are working on their acoustics as the bar scene is over the top! Good for those customers, but tough on the people dining as it was hard to hear yourself think. Rob and staff found the best table for us with the least amount of disturbance so that we could actually have a conversation without having to scream.Special Features:
- good not greatrandomnameDined on 4/29/2014The service was outstanding and the drinks/bar were great. Unfortunately, the food came up a bit short for the price. We weren't informed of missing ingredients on dishes until after they arrived at our table. The fish was overcooked and bread was burnt. I'd stick to the meatballs and the drinks.Special Features:
- Has become our go-to lunch placeFamilyDinerDined on 4/25/2014We have a 15 month-old who is great in restaurants (well-behaved, eats everything) yet we often get the "Ugh, a baby" look when we go to "nicer" restaurants with her. Here is the opposite. The hostesses remembered us after our first visit and always seat us somewhere where the highchair won't be in a high-traffic location. The food is amazing. The faro risotto is my favorite, but the beef meatballs are great and the hummus is surprisingly flavorful. There is an emphasis on quality ingredients; it isn't the cheapest lunch, but you feel you're getting what you pay for. I have never tried the desserts, so can't speak to those. It can get pretty busy during peak hours, so reservations help.Special Features: